Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin (38875 Views)

'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos / Rolls-Royce Of The Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (Photos) / Video Of The Oba Of Lagos Palace On Fire (2) (3) (4)

Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by Elijahhopelarry(m): 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hmm.. I hope they are not giving them the Catholic Church treatment. embarassed
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by Leonbonapart(m): 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
FisifunKododada:

Shut your dirty mouth. Keep kwayet! Is Jesus not an Idol?
you are forgiven but repent before is too late... stop blasphemies
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by FisifunKododada: 3:54pm On Jul 10, 2017
Leonbonapart:
you are forgiven but repent before is too late... stop blasphemies

Jesus is an Idol. I have seen his image in many Churches - so shut da fvck up

Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by erico2k2(m): 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
mars123:
I don't blame you, I blame the education Nigeria offered you. For your information, the Benin wall was 4 times longer.
Bross no worry I go chk am.I dey wrk now when I reach house .
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by Leonbonapart(m): 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
FisifunKododada:

Jesus is an Idol. I have seen his image in many Churches - so shut da fvck up
"they that must worship me must worship me in spirit and in truth" just like the one that was at Jacob's well: they worship but they don't know what they are worship neither do they know how to worship

Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by mars123(m): 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
erico2k2:

Bross no worry I go chk am.I dey wrk now when I reach house .
you fit reply me but you no fit Google the thing sharp sharp. Well, go home and read about the great Benin kingdom. You'll truly be amazed.
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by clemsajayi07(m): 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
rhektor:

But wait o, @ edonation just said that those boys are educated even to university level, how could that be if this one had not been outside the Palace for 9 years? Just asking
there is a primary and secondary school inside the palace. they can proceed to the university when they leave the palace as free boys.
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by FisifunKododada: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
Leonbonapart:
[s]"they that must worship me must worship me in spirit and in truth" just like the one that was at Jacob's well: they worship but they don't know what they are worship neither do they know how to worship[/s]

As long as many churches carry the image of Jesus then he is an idol. You are worshiping and idol. So stop criticizing other idol worshipers.

Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by Leonbonapart(m): 4:18pm On Jul 10, 2017
FisifunKododada:

As long as many churches carry the image of Jesus then he is an idol. You are worshiping and idol. So stop criticizing other idol worshipers.
so unlearned of you... good luck on what you believe
my God is the king of kings, Lord of Lords and God of God's... he is no idol
ciao
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
EdoNation:
Lalasticlala

Mynd44

Oba GHA to kpe ee iseee
Contact Me
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by FisifunKododada: 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
Leonbonapart:
so unlearned of you... good luck on what you believe
my God is the king of kings, Lord of Lords and God of God's... he is no idol
ciao

your god is a Palestinian who died 2000 years ago. You are worshiping a Palestinian ancestor. A Nigerian worshiping a Nigerian ancestor is far far better than you.

Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by Leonbonapart(m): 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
FisifunKododada:

your god is a Palestinian who died 2000 years ago. You are worshiping a Palestinian ancestor. A Nigerian worshiping a Nigerian ancestor is far far better than you.
he that is holy, let him be holy still.... as you are filty and very filty, be filty still
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by erico2k2(m): 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
mars123:
you fit reply me but you no fit Google the thing sharp sharp. Well, go home and read about the great Benin kingdom. You'll truly be amazed.
dem nor allow us use Google for work ooh . And I can't be bothered to use my phone
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by FisifunKododada: 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
Leonbonapart:
he that is holy, let him be holy still.... as you are filty and very filty, be filty still

He that worships another's ancestor while neglecting his own is the biggest of fools.

Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by Summerflame09(m): 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
EdoNation:

Spare Us with your bullshit Abeg !!
no wonder most of edo people engaged in drug trafficking for their superior and they engage in prostitution. The slavery started from the palace where individuals in edo or Benin are begging to be enslaved inside the palace.. Jesus wept on the cross but I wept fo Edo peoples slavery...
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
Summerflame09:
no wonder most of edo people engaged in drug trafficking for their superior and they engage in prostitution. The slavery started from the palace where individuals in edo or Benin are begging to be enslaved inside the palace.. Jesus wept on the cross but I wept fo Edo peoples slavery...

You are just a special kind of fool

Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by 7footre(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
EdoNation:

We good

Holy lawd! Girl your mammary glands are to die for... very inviting I must say kiss kiss
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by Summerflame09(m): 5:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

You are just a special kind of fool
Why just don't u die a painful death like those slaves bro?.. U are acting like a slave e with a poverty mentality here brother.. Don't transfer your frustration on me.. Biko
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by Nwabundo38(f): 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
GQman:

Deny it all you want.
Bury your head in the sand!
Africa has had homosexual Kings in the past, and this story just raises my antenna.
Cultivating young boys (your very title says virgin boys) and men for the King?
Can they say no to the King if he wants to satisfy his unnatural desires on them.
It seems to me like this needs to be properly investigated.
There may be child abuse going on there.
I don't care what happened in the past. Such rubbish should not go on in this day and age.
The catholic church is paying millions now for the same thing.
If catholic priests can do it, I dare say the Oba is not holier than a catholic priest.

From your post:
Meeting an Omueda.
He smiled a lot and even tolerated all of our foolish questions. Let's call him Osaro.
Like why he decided to spend over 11 years of his life in the palace.
“I am proud to serve my kingdom” he said with so much ease.
He wore a light brown sleeveless shirt and matching shorts. Around his neck were tiny white beads, and on his ankles were metal bangles.He hasn't been outside the palace since he signed up 9 years ago.

That sounds like a sex slave to me.
What has Catholic priest got to do with this
Are u this dumb?
You guys always like showing how stupid you are
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
Bla bla bla undecided
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by oake(m): 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
GQman:

Deny it all you want.
Bury your head in the sand!
Africa has had homosexual Kings in the past, and this story just raises my antenna.
Cultivating young boys (your very title says virgin boys) and men for the King?
Can they say no to the King if he wants to satisfy his unnatural desires on them.
It seems to me like this needs to be properly investigated.
There may be child abuse going on there.
I don't care what happened in the past. Such rubbish should not go on in this day and age.
The catholic church is paying millions now for the same thing.
If catholic priests can do it, I dare say the Oba is not holier than a catholic priest.

From your post:
Meeting an Omueda.
He smiled a lot and even tolerated all of our foolish questions. Let's call him Osaro.
Like why he decided to spend over 11 years of his life in the palace.
“I am proud to serve my kingdom” he said with so much ease.
He wore a light brown sleeveless shirt and matching shorts. Around his neck were tiny white beads, and on his ankles were metal bangles.He hasn't been outside the palace since he signed up 9 years ago.

That sounds like a sex slave to me.

In your twisted and perverted mind.

Ekpa!

Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by erico2k2(m): 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
mars123:
ok bross Im back and your talk is trash
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by erico2k2(m): 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
mars123:
The great wall of china is 21,000km long, thats 13,000 miles, Uniben gate to Lagos is 300 KM,the china wall took 2000 years to complete, was completed 1644.How market now?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2711342/great-wall-china/
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by erico2k2(m): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
mars123:
I don't blame you, I blame the education Nigeria offered you. For your information, the Benin wall was 4 times longer.
How market now??
See The Education dem give you now don fail You. Benin wall is twice as long as the great wall of china, so you mean to say benin wall is 42,k KM ,
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by mars123(m): 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
erico2k2:

How market now??
See The Education dem give you now don fail You. Benin wall is twice as long as the great wall of china, so you mean to say benin wall is 42,k KM ,
Nonsense. Obviously I cannot convince you with such level of ignorance. The Benin wall was 20000km in length while the China wall is 8800km.

The wall was destroyed by the British in a punitive expedition in 1874 but parts of it are scattered around Benin till today. So it is not really known to present day journalists because Nigeria has not been able to sell itself to the world.

But historians are very much aware of the great Benin kingdom. There was a Greek trivia I came across recently which went like this;

The longest wall ever built by man is not located in China but where?

A) India B) Nigeria C) Germany.

Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by macof(m): 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
AmoryBlacq:
One thing I love about the benin Kingdom is their rich cultural heritage

So many other ethnic groups today have their roots to the binis or once being ruled by the binis

Yoruba for instance, no matter how they try to deny it

Benin was the first city visited in Nigeria by the europeans

Ruy de Sequeira 1472

and later Affonso de Aviero 1484

so sad their powers could not withstand the crown firing arms in 1897

long live the great Oba of Benin

In order not to let gullible people get the wrong impression, you should have said "some eastern Yoruba"

The likes of Ilaje, Itsekiri, Owo, Ikale, Akoko and some parts of Ekiti ...this is where it ends.. I won't add Akure or Ondo because both kingdoms were in constant battles with Bini that there was never a significant period of Bini sovereignty. I won't add Lagos either because the only part held under Bini is the Enuwa area at the end of Aworiland

Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by macof(m): 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
mars123:

Prove it.. provide the length of the wall of China and that of the Bini moat

Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by erico2k2(m): 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2017
mars123:
Nonsense. Obviously I cannot convince you with such level of ignorance. The Benin wall was 20000km in length while the China wall is 8800km.

The wall was destroyed by the British in a punitive expedition in 1874 but parts of it are scattered around Benin till today. So it is not really known to present day journalists because Nigeria has not been able to sell itself to the world.

But historians are very much aware of the great Benin kingdom. There was a Greek trivia I came across recently which went like this;

The longest wall ever built by man is not located in China but where?

A) India B) Nigeria C) Germany.
What a bunch of craaap How big is Edo state let alone Benin city, the Benin wall covers present day Benin capital of Edo State, Im from Delta state so dont go all Guns blazing as if I aint got a clue, we all use to be Bendel state.I have given you reference to citations as to China wall, I challenge you to give me reference to Wall of benin,

Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by AmoryBlacq: 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
macof:

In order not to let gullible people get the wrong impression, you should have said "some eastern Yoruba"

The likes of Ilaje, Itsekiri, Owo, Ikale, Akoko and some parts of Ekiti ...this is where it ends.. I won't add Akure or Ondo because both kingdoms were in constant battles with Bini that there was never a significant period of Bini sovereignty. I won't add Lagos either because the only part held under Bini is the Enuwa area at the end of Aworiland
thanks!

Don't intend passing the wrong message

Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by erico2k2(m): 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2017
macof:

Prove it.. provide the length of the wall of China and that of the Bini moat
The wall of china is 21,000km long built over 2000 years.
13,170 miles (21,196 kilometers)

The total length of the Great Wall of China building in different dynasties is 13,170.69 miles (21,196.18 kilometers), announced by China's State Administration of Cultural Relics in 2012. The length of the Great Wall of Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) was 5,500.3 miles (8,851.8 kilometers) from Hushan in Liaoning to Jiayuguan Pass in Gansu on April 18 in 2009.
https://www.travelchinaguide.com/china_great_wall/facts/how-long.htm
Re: THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin by mars123(m): 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
erico2k2:

What a bunch of craaap How big is Edo state let alone Benin city, the Benin wall covers present day Benin capital of Edo State, Im from Delta state so dont go all Guns blazing as if I aint got a clue, we all use to be Bendel state.I have given you reference to citations as to China wall, I challenge you to give me reference to Wall of benin,

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016/mar/18/story-of-cities-5-benin-city-edo-nigeria-mighty-medieval-capital-lost-without-trace

See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi And His 7 Wives Step Out Together (Photo) / Urhobo Wa Doo! Learn/share Urhobo Stuff Here