Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Judge Beheaded In Kwara! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Judge Beheaded In Kwara! (4370 Views)

Man Beheaded In Nanka, Anambra State (graphic Photo) / Two Young Girls Beheaded In Iju, Ondo State / Graphic Photos: Girl Beheaded In An Uncompleted Building In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:36am On Feb 02, 2010
Judge beheaded in Kwara
•For dissolving marriage, suspect flees
From LAYI OLANREWAJU,Ilorin
Tueasday, February 2, 2010

Photo: Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section
An Area Court Judge, Mallam Kazeem Zakari, in Yashikira, Baruten Local Government Area of Kwara State has been allegedly beheaded by a Fulani man. The man, who is now on the run, was said to have murdered the judge at his residence shortly after the judge acceded to a request by the killer’s wife to summarilly terminate their marriage.

According to Daily Sun source, parents of the Fulani man’s wife had instituted a divorce suit before the area court in Yashikira over constant battering and bashing of their daughter by the husband whom they described as a ‘rascal.’

The judge, it was gathered, after hearing and careful deliberation of the case reportedly granted the parent’s prayers.
Displeased with the ruling, the man who currently at large allegedly resolved to ‘deal’ with the judge personally.
Daily Sun was reliably informed the on that fateful day, the judge, who was said to have reported for duty, dashed home after adjournment only to meet his untimely death in the hands of his alleged assailant.

It was gathered that at the close of work, when the court clerk and court assistant took the late judge’s books to his home, they met his head already severed off his lifeless body, lying by the window side.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/feb/02/national-01-02-2010-01.htm
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by bawomolo(m): 5:39am On Feb 02, 2010
why do we need to know the ethnicity of the killer?
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by Odunnu: 6:01am On Feb 02, 2010
@Bawo,Do u have a problem with specifics?
What a sad end
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by slap1(m): 7:20am On Feb 02, 2010
Bloodshed means nothing to these goons, what savagery.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by aloyemeka2: 7:28am On Feb 02, 2010
There is nothing I will not hear in Nigeria. Beheading a judge because he is presiding over a divorce case. There is a thin line between some Nigerians and baboons.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by aloyemeka2: 7:44am On Feb 02, 2010
bawomolo:

The journalist is Yoruba and he doesn't want you to assume the savage is committed by a Yoruba man since the assailant is from Kwara state. Nigerian journalism at its best. You can imagine MekusXYZ reporting a crime of this sort committed by a Yoruba man in the national dailies. wink
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by RichyBlacK(m): 7:48am On Feb 02, 2010
Well, if the attorney-general of the federarion can be murdered in his house then, I'm afraid, there isn't much news here.

I hope the NPF will stop being useless for once and catch that murderous madman.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:54am On Feb 02, 2010
bawomolo:

That my friend is the Nigeria we are all privileged to be bestowed upon us. I doubt if their is any other country where ethnocentrism is practiced so appallingly.
Instead of this silly journalist to make mention of the assailants name and other critical information that could lead to his capture he has given us a vague description:
1) we know the assailant is a man
2) we know the assailant is Fulani

Good job, mister Journalist; good reporting.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by aloyemeka2: 7:57am On Feb 02, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Well, if the attorney-general of the federarion can be murdered in his house then, I'm afraid, there isn't much news here.

I hope the NPF will stop being useless for once and catch that murderous madman.

The same Kwara NPF that claimed that a goat stole a car last year.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by RichyBlacK(m): 7:59am On Feb 02, 2010
aloy-emeka:

The same Kwara NPF that claimed that a goat stole a car last year.

Arrrggghhhh, bunch of juju-believing cavemen! They'll probably claim the man turned into a cow!
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by DisGuy: 9:10am On Feb 02, 2010
It seems wife bashing is not against the law in nigeria. . . this is the second time a judge will adjorn a case
involving men bashing the wife instead of detaining them, first the other man was bashing his wife for not giving
birth to a male child-he even told the court he warned her about having females shocked and the judge still leave them
to go home together!! Sad!

Is this information from the police or some alleged source, why didn't they print the name since they know the rascal was the one involved in the case- the journalist know the case involved, knows the tribe, probably knows the address of the judge, but case disclose the name? undecided
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 02, 2010
God forbid!
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 02, 2010
Omg,this is too devilish.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by WilyWily5: 11:30am On Feb 02, 2010
I love that, Good thing for Kwara, the land of Yorubas and Fulanis
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by naijaswag1: 12:15pm On Feb 02, 2010
bawomolo:

Suppression of ethnic and religious identity is inimical and inhibits the progress of a people.We cannot escape who we are.If an Igbo,Hausa or Yoruba man commits a crime,it should be highlighted as it is.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by sjeezy8: 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2010
bawomolo:

Same thing I was thinking. . . .
Still doesnt change my opinion of fulani and I dont feel like killing 100 fulanis, because I read one beheaded a judge.
the f . . . .
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by udezue(m): 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2010
In America the race and ethnicity of a criminal is always reported so why not in Nigeria? Its called being very detailed. If the man is still on the run don't you think it will be helpful to know his ethnic background which can reveal where he could be hiding at? If the man was Efik and took off he take refuge with some memebers in the Efik community in Kwara or better all the way in Crossrivers / Akwaibom area.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by Jarus(m): 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2010
My Kwara in the news again. . . and for the wrong reason again.

Anyway, no good news from anywhere in Naija.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by tundewoods(m): 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2010
A Judge gets beheaded somewhere in Kwara hmmm ! undecided
By the way does anyone know where Justice Dan Abutu lives grin
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by aloyemeka2: 6:45pm On Feb 02, 2010
tundewoods:

A Judge gets beheaded somewhere in Kwara hmmm !  undecided
By the way does anyone know where Justice Dan Abutu lives  grin

Another judge killer on the prowl.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by tundewoods(m): 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Another judge killer on the prowl.

Contrary to your assumption ! I want to prevent exactly that because now people will start getting all kinds of ideas in their head. Instead we'll kind.nap him in advance to prevent the killers from necessary beheading and bloodshed grin grin
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by aloyemeka2: 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2010
tundewoods:

Contrary to your assumption ! I want to prevent exactly that because now people will start getting all kinds of ideas in their head.

How are you going to prevent that by knowing his exact location, you Mutallab?
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by tundewoods(m): 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2010
Mutallab ? Haba i dont need to have explosives in my underwear to prevent that.  grin
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2010
udezue:

In America the race and ethnicity of a criminal is always reported so why not in Nigeria? Its called being very detailed. If the man is still on the run don't you think it will be helpful to know his ethnic background which can reveal where he could be hiding at? If the man was Efik and took off he take refuge with some memebers in the Efik community in Kwara or better all the way in Crossrivers / Akwaibom area.

Race is always identified in America, but not ethnicity.  
Being very detailed yet leaving out crucial inflammation such as:
1) Name
2) Age
3) Place of residents
etc etc.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by aloyemeka2: 7:02pm On Feb 02, 2010
tundewoods:

Mutallab ? Haba i dont need to have explosives in my underwear to prevent thatgrin

We don't know. Nigerians can do wonders. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by udezue(m): 7:06pm On Feb 02, 2010
Jos ur bitching and moaning hold no water. In Nigeria you are identified by your ethnicity coz we are all black.

Hispanics are not a race but ethnicity. Even when u say u are AA you are still asked if you of Hispanic background. U are plain SILLY.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by sjeezy8: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2010
JosBoy4Lif:

1) Name
2) Age
3) Place of residents

etc etc.

Thats how it should be. De-emphasizing ethnic groups and state of origin will lessen tension.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by presido1: 7:37pm On Feb 02, 2010
JosBoy4Lif:

Ethnicity is not necessary to identify a criminal in US or Europe as crime fighters over there cannot differentiate a yoruba man from and igbo man. Since we don't have races just like them we work with what we have which is ethnicity.

1) Name
2) Age
3) Place of residents
etc etc.
This is junk journalism not in the sense of naming his ethnic group but by not mentioning those u stated above. Those with his ethnic group will go along way in apprehending him.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by bawomolo(m): 10:13pm On Feb 02, 2010
udezue:

how does that solve the case. you know how many fulani men are in kwara. a facial description with his name etc would have being useful.
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by Luvlgenius(m): 12:05am On Feb 03, 2010
Just when i was thinking of being a Judge, cry cry cry

Now who said we should not be on d terror list? This is TERRORISM plain and simple
Re: Judge Beheaded In Kwara! by mamagee3(f): 12:44am On Feb 03, 2010
That's just sad and painful!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tension In Jesse Town In Delta State / See The Meaning Of "Benefit Boys And SBA Boys", Which Is The Latest Slang Trendi / Picture Brothers Cut Man's Private Part And Balls For Impregnating Their Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.