Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,289 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change (58952 Views)

Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid / How To Opt Out Of Etisalat (9mobile) Data Plan Auto-renewal / Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Malawian(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
The new Sherrifat is out of town.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by totorimi: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
Another effect of buhanomics bod me to
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Klington: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
lilytender:

And your father is a curse to the world for bringing into this planet a nonentity like you.
counter him with proves if at all you have one. sycophantic dumb
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by futuremoma34: 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
Klington:
counter him with proves if at all you have one. sycophantic dumb

sorry
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by futuremoma34: 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
eaayah...Etisalat, I wonder who will come and tk over the loan.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by uchwar1: 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
nwaanambra1:

look my friend dont mention me anyhow make serious thunder from hell no fall on you!

so u dont know its his useless policies that have crippled and destroyed almost all the foreign investments in nigeria!

anyways no be ur fault na person dey feed u! angry
good reply! I'm impressed

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by onyxo76(m): 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
Just bought their sim last week after other networks frustrated my browsing, etisalat is the best thing that happened to me in a week, now they want to pull out I feel bad, really bad.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by bencarson007(m): 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
INVESTORBNAIRA:
Another feather added to the cap of that useless ,first london based,smeagol looking,gworo chewing vegetable ...aah tinubu you will never go unpunished

Guy you dey vex o...
I haf laff tire
Bro sincerely,you no get chill
Lolllllllll
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Tunagee(m): 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
nwaanambra1:
buhari is a curse! angry

messed up everything just within a period of 2 years including his own life!

This guy you be kolo o! Very funny.

what a pathetic being! angry

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by benny4wax(m): 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
Shortyy:
0 8 0 9ija for life
I will miss them....in another news, i have a life jacket. care for mine?
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by centboy123456(m): 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
OrangeDream:
Make una no go o. Chey,i follow cause d problem

I dey owe una #500 since last year

hahahaha lol funny u
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by figoperch: 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
centoke30:
Finally, Etisalat will now b like celte, Econet, etc

The business model is not sustainable.

Sanctions backlash.. With its ripple effect.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by bencarson007(m): 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nigeria is the burial ground of all good foreign business.

You are not far from the truth Hon NwaAmaikpe

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by belindar: 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
They will borrow money from the bank , they will not pay back despite making profits. Instead of paying back they will share the profit and run back to their countries.
It serves the bank right, if you approach the bank with a biz proposal for a loan , they will demand for your head for collateral.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
nwaanambra1:
buhari is a curse! angry

u dnnt deserve a mention but the kids behind those likes need to recieve sense. question pesin wit 1% brain & above shuld ask onesef,
what as buhari govt got to do with etisalat bad debt??
did etisalat @ anytime cry witchhunt or was their any anti thriving policy frm fg against telecomms.
is etisalat funded or managed by FG...
perhaps one pathetic being is even thinkin mayb d low oil price..wtf!!! miltants were bombing oil pipelines nt etisalat cables ..so? what as any FG got to do with a multi national telecomms liquidating
we live in a modern world,more youth trooping to school getting degree upon degrees but interacting wit acclaimed elites (youths) of this country ,,the reasoning is jus so primitive ..perhaps we only educate our brain here, the minds ar jus primitive as africa sounds.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by wildcatter23(m): 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
INVESTORBNAIRA:
Another feather added to the cap of that useless ,first london based,smeagol looking,gworo chewing vegetable ...aah tinubu you will never go unpunished

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by nex(m): 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
This has to be the saddest news in the Telecoms industry since 2001. Etisalat came into Nigeria in 2009, and became the best network in just a few years. They did so much to guarantee Nigerians quality service, including going as far as borrowing FOREX to purchase world-class equipment.

I have used used Airtel, MTN, Etisalat, NTel, and even the former Mtel, and finally stuck with MTN and Etisalat since 2012 because they simply were the best. However, when 4G LTE was being introduced into the country, MTN made me send a command of "4G" to 131, then I had to go to do a SIM swap at one of their offices before I could use the 4G service on my 4G device, both immediate Etislat turned on their 4G network, it just lit up in my phone without needing to do anything. That was how I knew Etisalat was the very best network of them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWz7s7pvPH4

They added their own spice to the Nigerian advertising scene too. Amazing graphics, creative videos, funny skits and animation. They didn't come in to slowly and sluggishly climb the ladder in hopes of getting somewhere, they came into the country, and went straight for the throne, and MTN new very well that they had a good fight.

Customer Service was world standard also. All the issues I've had with Etisalat were resolved. Even when I once loaded about N10,000 for my data plan, and it used Auto-Renewal of my previous plan to deduct N2,000. They refunded my money back and re-subscribed the new data plan I wanted. Whenever I report issues via DM on Twitter, their customer care representatives have the sense to look up my phone number from previous conversations, and start solving my problems, but some other networks...*COUGH! COUGH!!*

They gave me free tickets to Attend their Etisalat Prize For Literature last year, where Asa put up the most amazing performance, and also sent me tickets to go watch "Hear Word". They were very picky with the kinds of events and experiences they sponsored, and they really know how to pick them.

The problems they faced with this $1.2 Billion is no fault of theirs. Borrowing N192,000,000,000 to pay N272,000,000,000 then finding out that because Naira has collapsed from N160 to $1 and was selling as high as N500, you now had to pay N680,000,000,000 it's quite a lot to handle.

There are several factors to blame for the FOREX crisis, Buhari alone did not, cause it, yet cannot be absolved from it. There are quite a lot of factors which started as far back as when Sanusi Lamido Sanusi raised alarm in 2012, and those factors started manifesting clearly from November 2014. What I would have expected was for the parties involved to declare "Force Majeure", and approach the regulatory bodies (NCC and CBN) from way back in the first quarter of 2015 when the trouble had fully manifested.

I wish them well. I hope that the staff and management of Etisalat Nigeria know they can hold their heads high because they did no wrong. They were the only network which risked everything to ensure they gave Nigerians the best quality services, and unfortunately, they lost it all. However, they should never stop trying. The name is gone, but the people are still there, the structure is still there, the driving principles are still there, and of course, we, the subscribers are still here.

Adieu Etisalat. 0809JA 4 LIFE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkLKYyTCMuY

6 Likes

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by sekem: 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
nwaanambra1:
buhari is a curse! angry

Onukwu

I can imagine how messed up your worthless life is right now undecided
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
they don't lose nothing, the only people who are losing are nigerians who their tax money has been used to surbsidise Etisalat and the share holders walk away with millions in their pockets only i didn't get millions as one of the Etisalat share holders. angry
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
sekem:

Onukwu

I can imagine how messed up your worthless life is right now undecided
and your own life is brilliant? grin grin
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by ibkgab001: 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
nwaanambra1:
buhari is a curse! angry

Haaaaaaaaaaaa I don laugh tired today

MMM MOKU MOGBEE MODARAN

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by arsenal33: 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
nwaanambra1:
buhari is a curse! angry

na buhari chop all their money abi? mumu
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by nmama(f): 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
And Etisalat is my business contact how re my going to distribute my new contacts to pple in three weeks?
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Yewandequeen(f): 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
pxjosh:
And my Etisalat line is my major sim! What am I going to do now?
break it or chew it
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Obaf1(m): 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
The problem whey dey naija now, fit make angel gabriel commot naija name for book of nation's, ;;;;;;why, my con3 why;;;;;

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by matthewijiogbor(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
HAHAHA!!!

nwaanambra1:
buhari is a curse! angry

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by kennylawn(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
nwaanambra1:
buhari is a curse! angry

Was it Buhari dat told all those banks to gv out loan to etisalat?
Truth be told, all those banks opted to lend etisalat loan instead of SME's buh the company just kept getting money frm them and not reinvesting her profit as they prepare to end their biz in naija.

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by sshalom(m): 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
Dig deep, you will find adverse economy, poor management, poor corporate governance, bloated operational/administrative expenses and greed as the foundation of this calamitous situation.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Ulomoney(f): 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
nwaanambra1:
buhari is a curse! angry

Well, I hope you were not one of those that hailed "Say Baba!"
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by CryptoCoinr(f): 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
HsLBroker:
this is not a good news, this must not be true, etisalat is one of the best network in Nigeria

It's very true, just google it.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by CryptoCoinr(f): 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
Good thing I don't use Etisalat.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by larrypourl(m): 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
Job loss loading again. It's well with Nigeria

Click below for your quality leather/suede loafers for sale at cool prices.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Launches Facebook Dating / Don Jazzy Accepts Infinix Note 8 From Davido Over Iphone 12 Pro Max / MTN Subscribers Lament Service Outage, MTN Apologizes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.