Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents (1223 Views)

Appeal Court Affirms Adeyemi As Kogi West Senator / Pictures Of Saraki Swearing In Ademola Adeleke As Osun-west Senator / Saraki Swears In Ademola Adeleke As Osun-West Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by Upritman(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
The Senator-elect of Osun West Senatorial District, Dr.Ademola Adeleke has declared a N250m Scholarship Scheme for His constituents. He said this gesture was to appreciate the people who came out massively to seal and deliver His victory in the crucial By-Election of July 8, 2017.
Giving details about the scholarship, the elated newest Nigerian Senator explained that students of each of the 10 local government areas in the zone would get N25m. He also promised to continue with other welfare programmes of his late brother.
He said , “ I am overwhelmed. I thank everybody . I thank my big brother, Dr. Deji Adeleke , for his support.
“ I just announced N250m scholarship. This was what my brother did. I have learnt from the master , the late Senator Isiaka Adeleke. ”
Recall that Dr.Ademola Adeleke defeated the candidate of the APC, Sen.Mudashiru Hussain in nine out of the ten local government areas of Osun West Senatorial District to emerge winner. He will be replacing His late Brother at the Senate.

Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2017/07/osun-west-senator-elect-declares-n250m.html?m=1

Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by madridguy(m): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
Wonderful development.
Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by bbm2016(m): 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
Well he is a politician
I don't believe anyword they say undecided
Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2017
madridguy:
Wonderful development.
Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
madridguy:
Wonderful development.
Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by Okoroawusa: 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
APC is a very tolerant party...this is good for our democracy
Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
Good move!!! APC is going down

1 Like

Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by tuniski: 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
OrestesDante:
Good move!!! APC is going down
Confirmed! Wa she ire.
Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by kurt09(m): 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
Good development. I wonder how they allowed dead party to win.
Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by MetaPhysical: 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
Where is the #250m funding coming from?

You see what we warned people about? Another incompetent voted in.

Congrats to Adeleke but what he needs to do is hold Town Hall meeting with his aides and collect top 5 issues his contituents are grappling with. Whatever the top 5 are becomes the voice of the people and this is taken on as Task for the Senator to attend to. In three months do a followup and share with the people where you are with those tasks. In six months give another reporrt on the progress. Another report in 9months. By end of 12months he should be done with all 5 tasks. Give a Anniversary report with highlight of where the constituent was when you took over, the items you identified as Voice of The People and what you have done so far to address them and celebrate the community success with them.

Second year service, collect issues from Town Hall, there will be hundreds issues submitted.....identify TOP5 and do same....

This is how to move forward, not promising 250million one day after election victory. Is scholarship a top priority for that community right now? More than likely not! Those that have graduated with scholarship money are sitting idle unemployed. Why more scholarship spending?

These politicians are dummies, whether in West, North, South, East or Center!

1 Like

Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by PatriotTemidayo: 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
Did anyone ever said PDP was dead?

I think it just resurrected, starting from Osun, the west is on its way out of APC grasp.
Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by PatriotTemidayo: 6:50pm On Jul 10, 2017
MetaPhysical:

Congrats to Adeleke but what he needs to do is hold Town Hall meeting with his aides and collect top 5 issues his contituents are grappling with. Whatever the top 5 are becomes the voice of the people and this is taken on as Task for the Senator to attend to. In three months do a followup and share with the people where you are with those tasks. In six months give another reporrt on the progress. Another report in 9months. By end of 12months he should be done with all 5 tasks. Give a Anniversary report with highlight of where the constituent was when you took over, the items you identified as Voice of The People and what you have done so far to address them and celebrate the community success with them.

Second year service, collect issues from Town Hall, there will be hundreds issues submitted.....identify TOP5 and do same....

This is how to move forward, not promising 250million one day after election victory. Is scholarship a top priority for that community right now? More than likely not! Those that have graduated with scholarship money are sitting idle unemployed. Why more scholarship spending?

Oga, as far as South-West in general and Osun state in particular is concerned, EDUCATION FOR THEIR CHILDREN AND WARDS IS TOP PRIORITY.

Hence, he's on the right path.

1 Like

Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by yelloo1(m): 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
After dis rain i pray say no be scorching sun again oo. Make d cul weather continue ooo
Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by dodelight(m): 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
Pa Obasanjo would still think he's in the dream world to have heard of the so called dead pdp winning a crucial election. Can't wait for the supreme court's good news on wednesday. Mainstream Pdp Is Coming Back Alive & Strong!
Re: Osun West Senator-elect Declares N250m Scholarship For Constituents by BigDealz: 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
MetaPhysical:

If only you knew how much that adeleke dynasty controls... Most students in adeleke university are on scholarships. Yet they have enough to pay staffs and expand the school. Not all politicians are after money bro...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Biafra : We Are One Nigeria, Arewa Youths Visit Orji Uzor Kalu (photos) / IPOB Miscreants Blasts GEJ On Facebook / I Just Got This. It Is Funny. Pls Enjoy And Pass On.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.