Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,576 members, 7,955,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:33 PM

NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday (2686 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / NFF To Pay Keshi's Outstanding Salary / NFF To Set Up A Scouting Unit For Foreign Born Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by FBS: 8:25am On Feb 02, 2010
[center]NFF TO DECIDE AMODU FUTURE FRIDAY[/center]
Shuaibu Amodu's future as Nigeria coach will be decided on Friday when the Executive Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation meet for an emergency session in Abuja.

"Top on the agenda is the issue of the overhauling of the technical crew and playing squad of the national football team, Super Eagles, in order to engender keen competition for places in the team towards Nigeria performing creditably at the Fifa World Cup finals coming up in South Africa in the summer," NFF Chief Media Officer Ademola Olajire said on Monday.

"A comprehensive report of Nigeria’s performance in Angola has already been prepared by the NFF Technical Committee."

The tone of Olajire's statement suggested that the NFF, which has backed Amodu through his travails with the media and fans, are displeased with the coach.

"Even as the Super Eagles finished third at the African Nations Cup finals in Angola, the fourth time they would be picking the bronze medal in the past five editions of the competition, it has become inevitable to overhaul the technical team and playing body.

"Two –time African champions Nigeria fell 0-1 to a youthful Ghanaian squad that exhibited great tactical discipline and stayed true to its game plan. The Eagles failed to find a way round the Ghanaian team despite having 70 minutes to equalize after Asamoah Gyan’s goal for the Black Stars," Olajire added.

Friday’s meeting, Olajire further said, is also expected to deliberate extensively on the best way to prepare the Nigeria team for a good outing at the World Cup finals.

Colin Udoh

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13688
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by CarlosVent(m): 2:18pm On Feb 02, 2010
The best is to allow that Man to continue and beef up the team with Siasia and also Keshi with this they will be balanced and also NFF should stop interfering into the coach affairs.

Pls someone should talk to NFF for me we dont need a white skinned man abegggii
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by otokx(m): 2:20pm On Feb 02, 2010
They should allow the man to continue the work he has started.
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by Olaolufred(m): 2:24pm On Feb 02, 2010
This Amodu should'nt have been there in the first place.

The NFF are more foolish than their so called Amodu.

After taking Nigerian through the pain of chop-and-chop contract they signed with Berti Vogts.

They still continue subjecting us to more pain through their Dummy Amodu.

NFF are supposed to be dissolved b4 we talk of sacking Amodu.

Bunch of Thief and Rogues.
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by MeGaStReEt: 2:28pm On Feb 02, 2010
whatever happens in your beer and suya meeting, just make sure you EMPLOY SAMSON SIASIA
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by FBS: 2:30pm On Feb 02, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

whatever happens in your beer and suya meeting, just make sure you EMPLOY SAMSON SIASIA
LOL! grin grin grin
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 02, 2010
Amodu must go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by ezan(m): 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2010
Emergency meeting to make a decision to fix what anyone would have seen from a mile off? No, the NFF should hold a crusade instead. I.d.i.o.t.s! What is so troubling is that-after the match against Mozambique-the SE did not score a single goal in normal regulation time, not until the 3rd place match. Unbelievable!
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by fowler: 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2010
otokx:

if i may ask, which work are you talking about, that he needs to finish
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by 77ken: 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2010
keep the faith in Amodu we trust sound familiar? > grin
NFF will sink or sink with Amodu grin
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by 77ken: 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2010

yeah the work of taking our football 2 decades behind, Amodu na ur cousin?
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by Kx: 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2010
A lot of people has been clamouring for continuity.
In other words,the time is too short for a new coach,too short for a new set of players etc.

I d like to ask,when the Zambian team had an air crash and an inexperienced new national team was  quickly-assembled for the nations cup that they made the 2nd position,did it take them ages to prepare and blend?

Fresh in our mind,ghana under 21 untested and inexperienced boys made it to the 2nd position as well.

Lets continue with amodu,yakubu,yobo,nwaneri,& co,the result will always be what we already know.
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by skyone(m): 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2010
fowler:

if i may ask, which work are you talking about, that he needs to finish

God bless you my brother
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by samcc30(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2010
which job amodu started that they should let him finish, nonsense job, what is amodu profile can anyone tell me please
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by 3kay945(m): 2:59pm On Feb 02, 2010
i need to know if the new coach or amodu will need the service of new players, or they re going to stick with these current set? embarassed
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by omar22(m): 3:04pm On Feb 02, 2010
Amodu should be put on the next plane smoking towards Afghanistan,, they need more people!!!
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2010
The fate of those super chickens should also be considered
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by omar22(m): 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2010
i need to  know if the new coach or amodu will need the service of new players, or they re going to stick with these current set?  

do you know how Capello handled the English players when he arrived?

He gave the a code of conduct, everyone fell in line a fittest coach would tell whether a certain player has the legs, it was around 2003 Arsene Wenger realised that Uncle Kanu hasnt got the legs for his team,
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2010
Those wishing for Amodu tobe retain do not mean well for Nigeria soccer fans and football lovers world over.
Amodu has killed more people tha malaria.
go go go Amodu.
go go go NFF
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by lawrence83: 4:25pm On Feb 02, 2010
Its a pity, a country going to the world cup does not have an head way for month to the mundial

Am so happy, Brasil and some good footballing country will be there,

i wont need to get myself bored with a useless team

Four months to the mundial, they are still deciding[b][/b]

E no go beta for all of una.
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by Marymos: 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2010
The greatest mistake NFF will make is to recruit a foreign coach.Is already too late for that.I think Sisia should be given the job.If a foreign coach is given the job,then it is over.Amodu should be compensated and let go although there will be no moral justification for doing that.Afterall he qualify us for the World cup and met the semi -final target that was given to him.Is just that Nigeria is a country that anything can happen.I really feel for him.
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by omar22(m): 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2010
The greatest mistake NFF will make is to recruit a foreign coach.Is already too late for that.I think Sisia should be given the job.If a foreign coach is given the job,then it is over.Amodu should be compensated and let go although there will be no moral justification for doing that.Afterall he qualify us for the World cup and met the semi -final target that was given to him.Is just that Nigeria is a country that anything can happen.I really feel for him.

do you think the current crop of over-grown babies would take Siasia serious! remember how Mikel shun him for the Olympics, the Eagles camp could easily split or have divisions in the camp,
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by life123: 4:53pm On Feb 02, 2010
Either they sack Amodu or not my concern is that they
should not give millions of naija health problem.
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by duality(m): 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2010
i think siasia is over rated. siasia and amodu, who has a better credentials. who has been more successful.

is it not what they look for in a coach? what did siasia bring back when he went to Egypt.he only qualified for the 2nd stage thru the back door. i have not seen how siasia  is a better than amodu.  i saw him looking helplessly during his last game in egypt. can any body post amodu and siasias archivements so we can compare. coz i still cant see what makes siasia a better coach than amodu.
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by 9jafreak: 5:00pm On Feb 02, 2010
[size=13pt]I would be gutted to see another RAPIST [a random white dude] who is sacked after the mundial for failure to progress beyond the first round.

I recommend giving Siasia a long-term contract of at least 2 years[ till the Next Nations Cup]. That way, irrespective of the performance in SA, he would be able to carefully and sytematically build at least 2or 3 solid Super Eagles team comprising of Home-based and foreign-based players.[/size]
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by Wrex(m): 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Amodu must go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I support u jare.The entire team should be disbanded.We need that zambian coach
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:56pm On Feb 02, 2010
embarassed I must say this. I hate Amodu, I hate his in-game tactics and over-all strategy, he reeks of amateurism but I am well and truly embarrassed by his consistent Wins on the soccer arena. Since the qualifiers up to the 3rd place match with Algeria. He has made me eat my rancid words (everyone of them) though I am still not convinced, He will make a believer out of me yet. grin The guy is an expert at dumb-founding his haters.

Against arguably better sides like Cameroon, CIV, Algeria, MALI and Zambia, this guyhas clawed his way into the 3rd place, no small feat considering the quality of the teams in CAN2010,

NFF should stick to him as they have said before, "We will swim or sink with Amodu"
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by Johnnoo(m): 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2010
CarlosVent:

The best is to allow that Man to continue and beef up the team with Siasia and also Keshi with this they will be balanced and also NFF should stop interfering into the coach affairs.

Pls someone should talk to NFF for me we dont need a white skinned man abegggii
God bless u brother!! Help me talk 2them. Amodu is ok. Shehata & Guus Hindink are somehow jobless. Now, he (Shehata) is canvassing 4Amodu jobs. I really like trailing Fashola idea about Amodu. . . "how can we get a coach that didn't qualify his country 4world cup to come & take us to world cup?" Its appaling!! We should be thinking about how to UPGRADE Amodu (send him 4further studies, get Siasia & Keshi to join the technical crew)

~Bluetooth:

The fate of those super chickens should also be considered
They are still super eagles. Obviously they are n't playing to the gallery. Gone are the days when Super Eagles use to play entertaining football.
Nairalanders NB: African Football has greatly improved in the recent past.
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by Spyker: 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2010
The egg heads in NFF deciding the future of a fellow egg head? Don't be surprised, there is noting to decide except the obvious, Amodu shall remain to continue with the woeful and lackluster performance of the Super Eagles (did i say super) mini chickens of Nigeria. This is the result of Amodu's 1+1 = 3 he taught them.
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by Remii(m): 7:32pm On Feb 02, 2010
Honestly, no one has the right to appraise or sack anyone in Nigeria affairs of today.
What have they promised and deliver in their own controlled territory that gives them the moral right to sack anyone?
How may of them has resigned for not been able to deliver 6000MW they voluntarily promised us?
How many IGP has resigned for inability to solve any of the numerous assassinations, even when they promised the killers would be uncovered? Has anyone resigned for the current embarrassing fuel crisis in the country?
Re: NFF To Decide Amodu Future Friday by duality(m): 8:02pm On Feb 02, 2010
I'm really sorry for that man taking amodus job this time. nigerians would only appreciate amodu when he is no longer SEs coach.of course we would always find whom to blame and sack. train this man give him the support. if he can go this far with so much animosity he'd do better with love and support. you never value what you have until u lose it.

i'll watch ans see that coach who will come that will take SE to the eldorado with out enough support.people just think if we had mourinho as a coach we would have won the nations cup.

my point is

amodu is the most successful nigerian coach. we should leverage on this.

he's not that good , ok lets make him good.

lets build from where we stop. rather than wishing we were like those who have payed the price we're not ready to pay.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Amazing 77 Year Old Body Builder / Joerex Sports Nigeria Limited In Lagos. / Can Vincent Enyeama Win African Footballer Of The Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.