Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,491 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC (21986 Views)

Appeal Court Okays APC's Direct Primary, Strikes Out Restraining Order / Hotel demolition: Tony Kabaka Loses bid to extend restraining order on Obaseki / UPDATED: Appeal Court Did Not Order INEC To Accept Zamfara APC Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by oz4real83(m): 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
I just hope this recall is successful. It will set a good guideline for many other recalls immediately kogi west people pull this stunt off. My own senator will be stiff scared right now!!! #mysenator#recall#loading

6 Likes

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by Childofaking: 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
Dino has no business in the senate in the first place. He is just a thug.

4 Likes

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by Daraplato(m): 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2017

Infinix HOT for sale. Screen is broken a little. Touch working perfectly. 1gb RAM + 16gb Internal memory.
Memory card + new battery included.

PRICE IS 10K LAST. NO Negotiation.

Call/WhatsApp 08101091320

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by persius555(m): 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
numericalguy:

This has nothing to do with the good people of Kogi west. Why would the good people of Kogi west want to recall the best Senator in the history of Nigeria.

This is a malicious and diabolical act that is being perpetrated by the silly debtor called Governor Bello who has refused to pay over 15 months salaries owed the good people of Kogi state.

Governor Bello is just wasting billions of tax payers money bribing almost everyone in his shadow chasing mission.

This is not about Dino Melaye. It is about our ailing democracy that these lawmakers have taking for granted.
If we had made use of this channel since 1999, we wouldn't be in this mess we have found ourselves.

Gradually, we would summon vote and courage to withdraw every senator that puts his political ambition and interest before that of the citizens.

6 Likes

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by Kbanka: 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
It all boils down to the people of his constituency because no matter how my governor pursues my senator, he will not succeed in convincing our Pple to recall our senator (Zamfara west district). Quote me anywhere.

On a normal day, if as a senator, I hear my Pple trying to recall me, I'll go and see them and hear what's up. Dino didn't even respect his Pple enough to do that. Rather, he went to twitter and made it all about the governor.

3 Likes

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by xtivin(m): 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2017
Kbanka:
It all boils down to the people of his constituency because no matter how my governor pursues my senator, he will not succeed in convincing our Pple to recall our senator (Zamfara west district). Quote me anywhere.

On a normal day, if as a senator, I hear my Pple trying to recall me, I'll go and see them and hear what's up. Dino didn't even respect his Pple enough to do that. Rather, he went to twitter and made it all about the governor.
What are you saying?, Dino has gone back to his hood and they have all distanced themselves from any recall, a recall register that registered the signatures of his siblings is that genuine?, this battle is not for you and I bro, it's a battle of the elites plus INEC
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by Fourwinds: 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
thoollz:
Although i doubt if this recall will work out in d end because this is Nigeria, but u'll notice that since this recall, dino hasn't been himself. Running from pillar to post. This shows d guy is desperate to kip his seat in the Senate, once u r elected by d people, work for those that put u there and stop running mouth around attacking everyone.
it is hight time d man blocus is squeezed and den smashed...Parrot mouth of a Senator
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by LionDeLeo: 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
One very experienced legal practitioner with a better understanding of the law than the team of INEC legal advisers has been trying to push the upturned interpretation down my throat.

PaChukwudi44:

The Court ordered a status quo be maintained, if INEC goes ahead,the Senate will disregard this exercise irrespective of the outcome and Dino will continue to sit tight in the Senate

1 Like

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by nasuite: 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
Islie:

•Senator’s supporters seek divine intervention

http://thenationonlineng.net/inec-begins-melayes-recall-process/

why did INEC leave out his VALEDICTORY SERVICE in its plan?

1 Like

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by Bluffly: 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
seunmsg:
The good people of Kogi west will be doing the entire country a lot of favour if they can somehow pull off this Melaye recall successfully.
Agreed. Once successful, replication will start which is a step towards the right direction, the benefit of democracy

2 Likes

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by LionDeLeo: 9:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
thoollz:
Although i doubt if this recall will work out in d end because this is Nigeria, but u'll notice that since this recall, dino hasn't been himself. Running from pillar to post. This shows d guy is desperate to kip his seat in the Senate, once u r elected by d people, work for those that put u there and stop running mouth around attacking everyone.

Similar to what I posted on a related thread and one pachukwudi44 won't allow me to rest.

LionDeLeo:

So the jubilations by some d!ckheads couple of days ago is just one of those impotent decoys? Okay oh.

However, whenever I read about how impossible it is to get this rascal of a senator recalled, I always get amused considering the suspected superior forces behind the whole process.

This is not just about the apparently powerless masses for God's sake.

If for any reason this pig is not recalled in the end, certainly, he must have appeased the "gods", and that will be very evident from the way he MUST have developed appreciable sense of humility afterwards as opposed to the pride, rascality & aggression with which he is always identified.

Useless pig, why not go to bourdillon for some more selfies, fool @ 50.

Just look at a senator of the Fed Rep dragging the good people of Kogi West Senatorial Zone in the mud for God's sake.

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by willibounce1(m): 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
Abeg oooo...make una no let Dino meliar commit suicide with the way things dey go ooo. Una don dey give too much hypertension.
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Pachukwudi may commit suicide o.
Yahaya Bello right now.
Its like you don't understand grammar. INEC can proceed with their illegality in the end they will still come back to the Senate president. It is only the Senate president that can declare the senator's seat vacant.

An Igbo adage says "aku fetcha oda na awo" after INEC has finished their abracadabra the ball will now fall to the Senate to do its own part.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by OAUTemitayo: 9:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
This s where INEC gets it wrong. Wasted efforts loading. I am going to sue INEC if this process wastes taxpayers funds.
Yes for those bottom people quoting me I won't descend low to respond from this prime plot of land. cheesy
You want to sue INEC?
What nonsense!
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
LionDeLeo:
One very experienced legal practitioner with a better understanding of the law than the team of INEC legal advisers has been trying to push the upturned interpretation down my throat.

Why don't you save your gloating until when Dino is successfully recalled in your fantasy. INEC will have to convince the Senate president that the process was legal. We are waiting and watching for the ball to fall into the Senate president.

The same way I told you people nothing will come out of Saraki's CCT case
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by LionDeLeo: 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

Why don't you save your gloating until when Dino is successfully recalled in your fantasy. INEC will have to convince the Senate president that the process was legal. We are waiting and watching for the ball to fall into the Senate president.

The same way I told you people nothing will come out of Saraki's CCT case

Oh, it is no longer "a restraints order", it is now about "INEC convincing senate about the legality"?

We are getting somewhere.
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
Islie:

•Senator’s supporters seek divine intervention

http://thenationonlineng.net/inec-begins-melayes-recall-process/

Melaye vs federal government. He'll surely not get out of the mess. He's a goner. And to those who are busy defending him, it won't go beyond the social media . The bad news for melaye is, the deed has since been done. What he's now seeing is the actualization of the planned work of the party. If he's so lucky to scale through the recall...which is very dicey, I don't see him returning to the senate in 2019, except the ghosts approve his return ticket to the senate. He's gonna be screened out at the nomination stage, he won't even smell primaries. Then he will realize how powerful the party is, over and above an individual personality. Be that as it may, in as much as i like Dino, he's fond of losing focus and playing to the gallery. Moreover, he's more of a childish politician. I wonder what the display of Lamborghini, Porsche, Bentley, etc got to do with his primary constitutional and constituency roles. I wonder how he wants those he represents...those who queued under the biting sun, followed by heavy rain on the election day to feel at seeing those expensive cars. Even though he bought them with his personal wealth, the electorate would still feel intimidated and inferior , seeing such display of wealth. A mature politician is supposed to focus on his jobs he's meant to discharge...even though he owns an airport, he would not show it. This would serve as a great lesson to many.

1 Like

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Oh, it is no longer "a restraints order", it is now about "INEC convincing senate about the legality"?

We are getting somewhere.
What I wrote above is the same thing I wrote in the morning in the other thread and same thing I commented last week so I don't understand your point. To the koko remains that dino can never be successfully recalled whether by restraining order or by the Senate president
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by ripbubu: 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
senatordave1:
Dino must go.dino and his charge and bail lawyer ozekhome thinks status quo is same as restraining.down dino,he must go
tinubu boy relax
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by LionDeLeo: 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

What I wrote above is the same thing I wrote in the morning in the other thread and same thing I commented last week so I don't understand your point. To the koko remains that dino can never be successfully recalled whether by restraining order or by the Senate president

What exactly do you mean by the emboldened in your post below?

Or to put it more succinctly, was there any restraining order from any court against the recall?

PaChukwudi44:

The Court ordered a status quo be maintained, if INEC goes ahead,the Senate will disregard this exercise irrespective of the outcome and Dino will continue to sit tight in the Senate

1 Like

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by ripbubu: 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
oz4real83:
I just hope this recall is successful. It will set a good guideline for many other recalls immediately kogi west people pull this stunt off. My own senator will be stiff scared right now!!! #mysenator#recall#loading
it will only make the zoo focused on recall only and no meaning full thing happening
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
fairfora:
Melaye vs federal government. He'll surely not get out of the mess. He's a goner. And to those who are busy defending him, it won't go beyond the social media . The bad news for melaye is, the deed has since been done. What he's now seeing is the actualization of the planned work of the party. If he's so lucky to scale through the recall...which is very dicey, I don't see him returning to the senate in 2019, except the ghosts approve his return ticket to the senate. He's gonna be screened out at the nomination stage, he won't even smell primaries. Then he will realize how powerful the party is, over and above an individual personality. Be that as it may, in as much as i like Dino, he's fond of losing focus and playing to the gallery. Moreover, he's more of a childish politician. I wonder what the display of Lamborghini, Porsche, Bentley, etc got to do with his primary constitutional and constituency roles. I wonder how he wants those he represents...those who queued under the biting sun, followed by heavy rain on the election day to feel at seeing those expensive cars. Even though he bought them with his personal wealth, the electorate would still feel intimidated and inferior , seeing such display of wealth. A mature politician is supposed to focus on his jobs he's meant to discharge...even though he owns an airport, he would not show it. This would serve as a great lesson to many.
Adeleke called the bluff of your useless party and today he is a senator. Balderdash!!! Dino bought the cars with his money and can flaunt it as he likes. Jealousy!!
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
LionDeLeo:

What exactly do you mean by the emboldened in your post below?

Or to put it more succinctly, was there any restraining order from any court against the recall?

Of course the court ordered the status quo which means no one should move from the present position. The same way INEC disregarded the court's order is the same way the Senate will also disregard the outcome of this so-called recall process by INEC.The implication is that Dino melaye will remain a senator irrespective of whatever comes out of this illegality.

The Senate is a noble institution and thus will not have anything to do with a process that went in violation of a valid court order.
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by LionDeLeo: 10:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

Of course the court ordered the status quo which means no one should move from the present position. The same way INEC disregarded the court's order is the same way the Senate will also disregard the outcome of this so-called recall process by INEC.The implication is that Dino melaye will remain a senator irrespective of whatever comes out of this illegality.

The Senate is a noble institution and thus will not have anything to do with a process that went in violation of a valid court order.

A top INEC official, who spoke in confidence, said: “There is no restraining order from any court. We will go ahead with the first leg. But if along the line, INEC is stopped from going ahead with the exercise, we will stop it.

By implication, INEC is lying?

Meanwhile, I will stop here for the time been while waiting for more events to unfold.
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
Even though the signatures may be forged. INEC is doing their rightful job here. But what I can say, is that the Governor of Kogi has made someone an offer he can not refuse at this juncture and INEC is doing an excellent job. Dino Melaye, a political hack, a clever thief, a wonderful Senator and a good friend and bouncer of Saraki, has now tested the greatest political hurdle of his life. Unto God men of politics cry to, when they are about done with politically and he has to stake all he ever had, to pull himself out of this mess. A bargain with the Governor or a Great Great Sacrifice of all of his money to bribe his constituents, be very nice to them, cry for them and romance INEC officials. Within that narrow fulcrum, lies his only hope to survive. And survive, he will.

How do I know this ? It is very simple. Dino is an asset of Saraki, only a political fool will believe that this Battle is about Kogi's governor and Dino, No! The main war is between Saraki and the those after him. Dino has been a great emotional buffer, a wake up caller and a friend of Saraki, if he is removed, Saraki will have to pull an Impeachment scene to shake the VP, so they can allow Dino be. Is this what played out last week ?

We stay tuned. Right now I can only predict many options. But the Gods have their way.
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
LionDeLeo:

A top INEC official, who spoke in confidence, said: “There is no restraining order from any court. We will go ahead with the first leg. But if along the line, INEC is stopped from going ahead with the exercise, we will stop it.

By implication, INEC is lying?

Meanwhile, I will stop here for the time been while waiting for more events to unfold.
If the stupid official was sure of what he was saying he should have appended his name.BTW can't you Google the meaning of the word status quo? Are you for real?

The recall process is an illegality,a mere waste of time and resources as the outcome of any illegal process brought to the Senate president will be thrown out
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
Billyonaire:
Even though the signatures may be forged. INEC is doing their rightful job here. But what I can say, is that the Governor of Kogi has made someone an offer he can not refuse at this juncture and INEC is doing an excellent job. Dino Melaye, a political hack, a clever thief, a wonderful Senator and a good friend and bouncer of Saraki, has now tested the greatest political hurdle of his life. Unto God men of politics cry to, when they are about done with politically and he has to stake all he ever had, to pull himself out of this mess. A bargain with the Governor or a Great Great Sacrifice of all of his money to bribe his constituents, be very nice to them, cry for them and romance INEC officials. Within that narrow fulcrum, lies his only hope to survive. And survive, he will.

How do I know this ? It is very simple. Dino is an asset of Saraki, only a political fool will believe that this Battle is about Kogi's governor and Dino, No! The men war is between Saraki and the those after him. Dino has been a great emotional buffer, a wake up caller and a friend of Saraki, if he is removed, Saraki will have to pull an Impeachment scene to shake the VP, so they can allow Dino be. Is this what played out last week ?

We stay tuned. Right now I can only predict many options. But the Gods have their way.
Go and read the recall process of a senator, it is far beyond INEC,it can never succeed without the Senate president. Saraki will never allow any such process to see the light of the day
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

Go and read the recall process of a senator, it is far beyond INEC,it can never succeed without the Senate president. Saraki will never allow any such process to see the light of the day
You need to re-read my post, this time when you are not high. I am your friend, we said the same thing, almost.
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by LionDeLeo: 10:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

If the stupid official was sure of what he was saying he should have appended his name.BTW can't you Google the meaning of the word status quo? Are you for real?

The recall process is an illegality,a mere waste of time and resources as the outcome of any illegal process brought to the Senate president will be thrown out

Pls, what was the state of INEC at the time the court order was sought?

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Pls, what was the state of INEC at the time the court order was sought?
The state where they have not begun verification of the signatures purported to be senator melsye's constituents.

When they are through with their own definition of status quo, they will come to the Senate president to hear the real definition of status quo.

Bello and INEC will be the ones to lose as the final action lies with the Senate president

BTW why didn't do the full screen shot of that definition from Wikipedia
Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by LionDeLeo: 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

The state where they have not begun verification of the signatures purported to be senator melsye's constituents.

When they are through with their own definition of status quo, they will come to the Senate president to hear the real definition of status quo.

Bello and INEC will be the ones to lose as the final action lies with the Senate president

BTW why didn't do the full screen shot of that definition from Wikipedia

Where was the emboldened stated in the court order? Besides, had INEC started the recall process at time of issuance of the order?
Note, "status quo as it stands today, Jul 6th, 2017".

Also, between the judiciary and the SP (legislature), who interpretes laws? Because I don't seem to understand what exactly you mean by "they will come to the Senate president to hear the real definition of status quo".

Re: Melaye’s Recall: There Is No Restraining Order – INEC by obinna4Jesus(m): 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
The success or failure of this process will set a landmark in the history of Nigerian politics and this will also serve as a wake up call to our politicians that the electorates hold the 'yam and the knife' according to an Igbo adage.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Angry Because We Have Not Been Paid - Policeman Deployed For Edo Election / Riot In Onitsha? / COVID-19 Task Force Briefs Buhari (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.