Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output (6196 Views)

OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd / OPEC Extends Nigeria’s Exemption From Oil Output Cut / As Opec Weighs Extending Cuts, Nigeria To Restore Oil Output (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by dipoolowoo: 11:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
By Modupe Gbadeyanka

Minister of Oil in Kuwait, Mr Issam Almarzooq, has disclosed that Nigeria and Libya may be asked to put a limit to their oil outputs having recorded stability in their countries lately.

The two countries were exempted from the oil cut deal reached in Austria last November by members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).

The deal became effective from January 1, 2017 and by April this year, OPEC said the oil cut agreement was at 98 percent compliance level.

According to Bloomberg, Mr Almarzooq disclosed on the sidelines of an energy conference in Istanbul, Turkey, that the two African nations may be asked to cap their crude output.

Already, OPEC and non-OPEC producers have invited the two countries to a committee meeting taking place in St. Petersburg, Russia, on July 24.

At the meeting, they will discuss the stability of their production.

“We invited them to discuss the situation of their production,” Mr Almarzooq was quoted as saying by Bloomberg.

“If they are able to stabilize their production at current levels, we will ask them to cap as soon as possible.

“We don’t need to wait until the November meeting to do that,” he said, referring to the upcoming OPEC meeting scheduled for November 30.

Crude oil production in Nigeria rose slightly above 2 million per barrels per day in June 2017. This was mainly because militant activities in the oil-Niger Delta region of the country was stopped after consultations with stakeholders.

http://www.businesspost.ng/2017/07/10/opec-may-ask-nigeria-limit-oil-output/

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by LionDeLeo: 12:26am On Jul 11, 2017
For price adjustment, I guess. No wahala.

What will be lost in sales will be made in marginal price increase, back to status quo.

I may be wrong, viewing from the apparent alternative to fossil fuel as sources of energy.

Anyway, what do I know?

3 Likes

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by hakeem4(m): 1:49am On Jul 11, 2017

Minister of Oil in Kuwait, Mr Issam Almarzooq, has disclosed that Nigeria and Libya may be asked to put a limit to their oil outputs having recorded stability in their countries lately.

Please is there another definition for stability, cause the Nigeria I'm in is not STA talk less of STABLE

10 Likes

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by veekid(m): 8:11am On Jul 11, 2017
When they know we have no president; wor do you expect?

1 Like

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by holatin(m): 8:11am On Jul 11, 2017
English pls,

what is the merit of the limited oil output on average Nigerian.

tired of buying petrol and kerosene at that ridiculous price.
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:11am On Jul 11, 2017
grin happy suffering in advance cheesy
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by northvietnam(m): 8:12am On Jul 11, 2017
I prefer asking them to stop churning out oil they use in servicing our extravagant Government

1 Like

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by osewadare(m): 8:12am On Jul 11, 2017
Soon our only product will become irrelevant in the global market and Nigeria will be back to square one

3 Likes

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by Anikulhapo(m): 8:13am On Jul 11, 2017
Ko fe dafun minister yen ni?
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by Okundaye4(m): 8:13am On Jul 11, 2017
EYAAAH
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by jericco1(m): 8:13am On Jul 11, 2017
Why now?
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by teamsynergy: 8:15am On Jul 11, 2017
pk
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by burkingx(f): 8:16am On Jul 11, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by BigBrother9ja: 8:17am On Jul 11, 2017
Rubbish
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by chyke4(m): 8:17am On Jul 11, 2017
with the current exchange rate of dollar? hmmm to bad for 9ja
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by ItsawrapOutfit: 8:17am On Jul 11, 2017
Yawa is loading
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by burkingx(f): 8:17am On Jul 11, 2017
cool shocked

1 Like

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by mikool007(m): 8:19am On Jul 11, 2017
The one they have been selling since all theses years did not affect me so it's not my problem

7 Likes

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by itiswellandwell: 8:19am On Jul 11, 2017
Hmmmmm.... Seems it's now a crime for us to announce our economy stability. It's well sha

Check my signature for your full capacity powerbank
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by Alwaystruth: 8:20am On Jul 11, 2017
Okay..we have heard and as usual there is increased outputs and yet the masses are suffering
like there is no tomorrow. In that zoo, you hardly knows or feels anything good come to the poor masses.
Forex seemed to have been stable than when dollar skyrocketed to 500 yet cost of cars remain high.
You buy a particular brand of car 3m when naira was 500=$1 and when it is 360=$1 you still buys it at same price.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by HoLEEsinner: 8:20am On Jul 11, 2017
Yawa go dey
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by maxiuc(m): 8:20am On Jul 11, 2017
President and minister of petroleum where are thou

65days now

London hospital

Our money

Foolish zombies

Tinubu
I hope you all are seeing this

3 Likes

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by pterson(m): 8:21am On Jul 11, 2017
We need to start drinking our oil.
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by burkingx(f): 8:22am On Jul 11, 2017
maxiuc:
President and minister of petroleum where are thou

65days now

London hospital

Our money

Foolish zombies

Tinubu
I hope you all are seeing this

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 11, 2017
The most discombobulated nation ever.. How do I get a visa.. ? Can't take this anymore...

1 Like

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by Dannyset(m): 8:26am On Jul 11, 2017
I fainted when I saw this news.
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by lanre4411(m): 8:27am On Jul 11, 2017
dipoolowoo:
By Modupe Gbadeyanka

The two countries were exempted from the oil cut deal reached in Austria last November by members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).

The deal became effective from January 1, 2017 and by April this year, OPEC said the oil cut agreement was at 98 percent compliance level.

According to Bloomberg, Mr Almarzooq disclosed on the sidelines of an energy conference in Istanbul, Turkey, that the two African nations may be asked to cap their crude output.

Already, OPEC and non-OPEC producers have invited the two countries to a committee meeting taking place in St. Petersburg, Russia, on July 24.

At the meeting, they will discuss the stability of their production.

“We invited them to discuss the situation of their production,” Mr Almarzooq was quoted as saying by Bloomberg.

“If they are able to stabilize their production at current levels, we will ask them to cap as soon as possible.

“We don’t need to wait until the November meeting to do that,” he said, referring to the upcoming OPEC meeting scheduled for November 30.

Crude oil production in Nigeria rose slightly above 2 million per barrels per day in June 2017. This was mainly because militant activities in the oil-Niger Delta region of the country was stopped after consultations with stakeholders. NO I think Nigeria government need to make OPEC understand that we are just trying to move out of economic recession so saudi,Qatar or Kuwait should be asked to limite their out put not Nigeria

http://www.businesspost.ng/2017/07/10/opec-may-ask-nigeria-limit-oil-output/
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by menwongo(m): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2017
Nice move.
After all there's no impact from the ones they have been selling.

Let our environment be stable for agriculture again

3 Likes

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by Prinq: 8:38am On Jul 11, 2017
which one is opec again
Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by Truth234(m): 8:40am On Jul 11, 2017
It is not possible OPEC ask Nigeria to cut, OPEC’s Secretary-General, Mohammad Barkindo, in the same Istanbul meeting said: "it was premature to talk about that option."

We started producing at optimal in June when Afrocardo Pipeline started working, it is not just premature it is stupid to even consider it.

Oil traders are creating this noise to boost prices (pump and dump strategy), if Saudi, Iraq, etc can not cut another 50,000 barrels from their over 10 million barrels a day to accommodate our almost 1.8 million barrel per day. They should go ahead and stabilise oil without us.

1 Like

Re: OPEC May Ask Nigeria To Limit Oil Output by fineboynl(m): 8:47am On Jul 11, 2017
.I will stabilize oil price. Muhammadu buhari.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Powerful Reasons Why All Business Startups Should Start Financial Planning / Naira Depreciation, Inflation, Six Other Events That Dominated Economy In 2021 / Do You Have A Domicillary Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.