Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Man Utd Make Lukaku 5th Most Expensive Footballer As They Sign Everton Striker - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Utd Make Lukaku 5th Most Expensive Footballer As They Sign Everton Striker (465 Views)

JUST IN: Victor Osimhen Sets To Become Nigeria's Most Expensive Footballer / Man Utd Make A Minute Ago £95m Griezmann Move / World Most Expensive Footballer 'Neymar' Celebrates Children's Day(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Utd Make Lukaku 5th Most Expensive Footballer As They Sign Everton Striker by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
Romelu Lukaku’s reported 31 billion naira [75 million pounds] switch to Manchester United sees the Belgium international become the fifth most expensive player in history.

The Red Devils already announced that they had a agreed a fee with Everton on Saturday, and have now made the transfer official.

The deal sees Lukaku knock Luis Suarez’s switch from Liverpool to Barcelona out of the top-five transfers, but his fee is some way behind the amount United paid for Paul Pogba.

Above him is Gonzalo Higuaín, who moved to Juventus for N31.47 billion [£75.3million] last year.

Mourinho said after the signing: "He is a natural fit for Manchester United. He is a big personality and a big player. It is only natural that he wants to develop his career at the biggest club.

"He will be a great addition to the group and I know they will make him very welcome. I am really looking forward to working with him again."

Lukaku, whose contract includes an option for a sixth year, added: "When Manchester United and Jose Mourinho come knocking at the door, it is an opportunity of a lifetime and one that I could not turn down.

"I cannot wait to run out at Old Trafford in front of 75,000 fans."

Lukaku has been on holiday in the Californian city with Paul Pogba and admitted that his close friend, who joined United for N37.3b a year ago, helped convince him to choose Old Trafford ahead of Chelsea.

LET'S TAKE A LOOK AT FOOTBALL'S BIG MOVES THAT NOW INCLUDES LUKAKU:

Click the link to read more: http://www.footballmole.com/2017/07/man-united-make-lukaku-5th-most.html

[url]FOOTBALLMOLE.COM[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Man Utd Pre-season Fixtures: The Red Devils' Complete Summer Tour & Schedule / Do You Think Kelechi Iheanacho Should Leave Manchester City ? / Transfer Market: A Way Spanish Clubs Weakens English Clubs In Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.