Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Sin, Hell-fire, Repentance And Forgiveness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sin, Hell-fire, Repentance And Forgiveness (257 Views)

Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire / Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sin, Hell-fire, Repentance And Forgiveness by Marioplus(m): 12:30am On Jul 11, 2017
SIN(ANY TYPE WHETHER BIG OR SMALL) qualifies any man for HELL-FIRE!!! even after baptism thus JESUS told the Jews who have repented and believed in HIM thus "So JESUS was saying to the Jews WHO had BELIEVED HIM, “If you abide in My word [continually obeying My teachings and living in accordance with them, then] you are TRULY MY DISCIPLES. And you will know the truth [regarding salvation], and the truth will set you free [from the penalty of sin].” They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been enslaved to anyone. [a]What do You mean by saying, ‘You will be set free’?”

JESUS answered, “I ASSURE YOU and most solemnly say to you, EVERYONE who PRACTICES SIN HABITUALLY is a SLAVE of SIN. Now the SLAVE DOES NOT REMAIN in a HOUSEHOLD{HEAVEN} FOREVER; the SON (THE PERSON WHO DOES NOT COMMIT SIN) [of the master] DOES REMAIN FOREVER. So if the Son makes you free, then you are unquestionably free." (John 8:31-36). This should not make you afraid because God is not busy counting your sin {"For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation" 2 Cor.5:19} rather He is busy touching your heart and pushing you to say "Father, forgive me my sins in Jesus Name. Amen." thus "If we [freely] ADMIT that WE have SINNED and CONFESS our SINS, HE is FAITHFUL and JUST [true to His own nature and promises], and will FORGIVE our SINS and CLEANSE us CONTINUALLY from all UNRIGHTEOUSNESS [our wrongdoing, everything not in conformity with His will and purpose]." (1 John 1:9). It is Only a CHRISTIAN who does not ASK GOD for FORGIVENESS before he/she dies will go to HELL-FIRE or any other human being who does not BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST as his/her own personal Lord and Savior before he/she dies will go to HELL-FIRE!!! This does not mean that Christians should go ahead committing sin since they can ask God for forgiveness any time, any where and be GRANTED COMPLETE FORGIVENESS from their sins and the consequences of their sins BY THE POWER OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST rather the expectation and the responsibilities given to a Christian by Jesus Christ is to do EVERYTHING {eat food, drink, marry, do business, use social media, wear clothes, interact with fellow human beings, use money/science/technology, apply knowledge and reason, worship God in the Church/house/office/market e.t.c} with the intention that OTHER HUMAN BEING who SEE them or ENCOUNTER THEM IN LIFE will REPENT FROM THEIR SINS AND BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AS THEIR OWN LORD AND SAVIOR! Since committing sin by A CHRISTIAN will NOT help other human being to repent from their own sins and believe in Jesus Christ as their own personal Lord and Savior, a true Christian does not go ahead committing sin even though he knows that if he/she finishes committing ANY SIN and he/she is STILL alive (YES, SOMEONE CAN DIE WHILE COMMITTING SIN AND SIN HAS POWER TO KILL ANYBODY WHO PATRONIZES IT NO MATTER YOUR SPIRITUAL LEVEL OR TITLE before the death of Jesus Christ thus "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “You may freely (unconditionally) eat [the fruit] from every tree of the garden; BUT [ONLY] from the tree of the knowledge (recognition) of good and evil you shall NOT eat, otherwise ON THE DAY that YOU EAT from IT, YOU shall MOST CERTAINLY DIE [because of your disobedience].” (Genesis 2:18-17)___after the Descent of the HOLY SPIRIT on the followers of Jesus Christ thus "... YOU have not [simply] LIED to PEOPLE, but to GOD.” And hearing these words, Ananias fell down SUDDENLY and DIED; and great fear and awe gripped those who heard of it" {Acts.5:4-5}), he/she can ask GOD FOR FORGIVENESS AND WILL BE FORGIVEN COMPLETELY but he/she sees himself/herself as someone who has the duty to lead us others into repentance and BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST asks the HOLY SPIRIT the GRACE TO LIVE A HOLY LIFE, the Grace to ask for forgiveness immediately he/she falls into any sin and Grace to rise up again then continue in HOLINESS as well as LEADING MANY OTHER HUMAN SOULS TO repentance of their sinful ways and BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST thus "But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers." (Luke 22:32)

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean That The Bible Is Inspired By God? / Which Is The Most Noisy Day Of The Weekend? / Special Prayers For Our Missions Partners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.