Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,600 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) (1843 Views)

Owolabi Habeebah Olayinka Graduates With A 7.0 CGPA From University Of Ibadan / Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan / Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 6:12am On Jul 11, 2017
I just finished my 100l in babcock university in computer technology. My current cgpa is 3.8. And i need to increase it to a first class (4.5/5.0) not because i think i need it for a job or approval from someone. But i need it to find satisfaction... As a normal person, i know my ability (i am not basing mine relative to my peers) I know that i can do much better.

I attend all my classes....every single one
I do all assignments. Passively. Like i copy what i am not 100% sure of and do a lot of last minute work.

I dont have any family issues or anything bothering me. but just random moodswings which is common among teenagers. I can say i am emotionally stable

I dont do pda. But i do go outside at nights to gist with some female friends from sunset till like 10:30... in an innocent way. About 4x every week.

My room-mates are just acquaintances. I made sure i didnt stay with my friends to avoid distractions. But i have a social media and movie addiction.

I am the kind of person that performs well in exam without reading or practice. I hate reading. As long as i go to the class. All what the lecturer says will enter my head. (As long as i dont forget it later) whatever i read just stays in my head for a couple of days or so

No matter the situation. I dont copy/ cheat in any way during exams,quizzes, tests etc. I know this contradicts what i do in my assignment...but it is what it is its still the same google well get the info from. So my academic work is all me

I only pay attention in classes that interest me. I cant decieve myself by listening to my physics lecturer. Its something ill never understand

I am pleading with you all that have gone through this phase to give me advice on to make my grades better/mistakes and trap to avoid etc. I dont want any article from the internet. Or just words. I want feasible ideas that actually worked for someone at a point.(quote me if possible)

You can also ask any question if i didnt answer it before

Thank you.

P.s- apologies if my post is not well organised
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by pressplay411(m): 6:18am On Jul 11, 2017
How do you even qualify for Computer Tech if you don't like Physics?
Only in Private schools. Smh
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2017
pressplay411:
How do you even qualify for Computer Tech if you don't like Physics?
Only in Private schools. Smh

Computer tech is a very wide course. Most of it does not require anything physics especially the field i am going to. The course is only for a semester

A private school has nothing to do with this. I could have gotten into any uni lag,ben,ibadan if i wanted

1 Like

Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by pressplay411(m): 6:51am On Jul 11, 2017
NigerianScholar:

Computer tech is a very wide course. Most of it does not require anything physics especially the field i am going to. The course is only for a semester

A private school has nothing to do with this. I could have gotten into any uni lag,ben,ibadan if i wanted

The problem here is you're only concerned about boosting your CGPA not being an expert in your course of study. Not your fault though, it's the Nigerian mentality which places all the focus on Grades and not Knowledge. Which is why companies employ the beat graduating students on paper with abysmal performance in the field.
Most successful brains didn't focus on the grades, that took care of itself, they focused on being experts.

All the best.
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by BRATISLAVA: 6:54am On Jul 11, 2017
Cut down movies.

Increase assignments.
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by holywahala19(m): 6:55am On Jul 11, 2017
may God be with u.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by Intrepid01(m): 9:34am On Jul 11, 2017
Hmmm...what a smart and forward thinking guy you are. While your mates are thinking about sleeping with every lady on your campus, here you are thinking about how to graduate with distinctions. I was like this some 12 yrs ago you know. But if you wouldn't mind, I would want you to re-direct this zeal, positivity and hunger in to something else. Don't get me wrong, it is wonderful to graduate with a first class, I never did so I can imagine how wonderful it could be. But the world is changing, it has become a place for inventors and less of a place for academic. You need to be able to answer some questions before we proceed:

1. Why exactly do you wanna have first class ( if it is for self fulfillment only, like you stated then you need a rethink)?
2. Do you intend becoming a lecturer in future, if yes, then it is a good thinking?
3. What exactly do you see yourself doing after school(this question is key, because you have to start acquiring all the skills you'll need to fit in to your desired future)?

I would advise you honestly answer those questions and start channeling your zeal, hunger and energy in to fitting in to what you want your future to look like. Do you intend to be a programmer, software expert or hardware guru? Now is the time to start acquiring those skills outside your formal setting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by MedicalSamwise(m): 11:29am On Jul 11, 2017
Observing
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by kdon0000: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2017
Answer the questions intrepid just wrote and if you can give your self satisfactory answers, then these are my advices.

I finished from a public uni, in short one of the most difficult uni in nigeria. I tried my best but i wasnt successful. Mine was even in 4. Some thing then, i didnt get to achieve 1st class sha. Iam not discouraging you but if you really one to do it. You must
1. Fall inlove with reading all handouts and materials
2. Make friends with your predecessor ie 200 and 300 lvl students and always collect and accumulates their test and exam papers alongside their notebooks and materials or handout
3. Always remember that falling inlove is with a girl is -0.5 from you sgpa. Ie semesterial gp.
4. Dont follow girls, they can be very distractive and rescending.
5. Follow only serious students ie girls or boys who have a cgpa that is much greater than yours or close to yours. First class or close to.
6. Reduce your playtime and quits watching films when its 2 weeks to test and 1 month,1 week to exams.
7. Make sure you cover all materials and past questions from your seniors before resuming each semester
8. Always ask about all your lecturers from your seniors and how they set questions or behave.
9. Its not important to attend lectures if you dont understand what they are teaching. The time could be used for something better. Collect notes after the class from somebody and copy or photocopy them.you can meet friends(mostly 1st class student) who understand and organise time with him to explain it to you.
9. Always help others below you when you have understand a topic. It brings blessings but if its very close to exam period, start hiding yourself so as to have time to revise, repeat the reading and understand the topic very well.
10. Dont talk too much and dont be proud.

I didnt follow very strictly most of these rules and my cgpa went up sha but due to some problems beyond my control, i didnt get to reach it. And i love playing pes very much.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by kdon0000: 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
And most importantly learn how to cram and be prayerful. Its helpful.
And always get any new material that is released by the lecturer on time so as to quickly go through them and have enough time to read at least twice and revise before test.
Aside, external influence and with the info you wrote, if you follow my advices, you would achieve greatness.

Dont mind my wrongly structured write up.
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by Fuckallmods: 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
Have you heard of malpractice before?
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
pressplay411:

The problem here is you're only concerned about boosting your CGPA not being an expert in your course of study. Not your fault though, it's the Nigerian mentality which places all the focus on Grades and not Knowledge. Which is why companies employ the beat graduating students on paper with abysmal performance in the field.
Most successful brains didn't focus on the grades, that took care of itself, they focused on being experts.

All the best.

I am one of the best when it comes to computer -based courses in ny class. Automatic A for me

I have a lot of practical skills. Like i said before, i just want to get better on paper because i know i can do better. And i cant sit back knowing my knowledge is not being fully optimized

Re you suggesting i dont focus on the grades..i dont think that works. Because to pass in nigeria. You dont need to know the course. You need to know what the teacher has been saying. It all boils down to the teacher. I dont think this method will work in Nigeria. It is the right thing. But sadly, nothing is right in thia country

1 Like

Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
BRATISLAVA:
Cut down movies.

Increase assignments.

Its not as easy to do as it is to type. Why would i read a boring pdf when i have the latest movie on my desktop. I hope you get where i am coming from

Most students do their assignments last minute anyway. And i cant stress myself for to do work that the teacher will only grade passively
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
Intrepid01:
Hmmm...what a smart and forward thinking guy you are. While your mates are thinking about sleeping with every lady on your campus, here you are thinking about how to graduate with distinctions. I was like this some 12 yrs ago you know. But if you wouldn't mind, I would want you to re-direct this zeal, positivity and hunger in to something else. Don't get me wrong, it is wonderful to graduate with a first class, I never did so I can imagine how wonderful it could be. But the world is changing, it has become a place for inventors and less of a place for academic. You need to be able to answer some questions before we proceed:

1. Why exactly do you wanna have first class ( if it is for self fulfillment only, like you stated then you need a rethink)?
2. Do you intend becoming a lecturer in future, if yes, then it is a good thinking?
3. What exactly do you see yourself doing after school(this question is key, because you have to start acquiring all the skills you'll need to fit in to your desired future)?

I would advise you honestly answer those questions and start channeling your zeal, hunger and energy in to fitting in to what you want your future to look like. Do you intend to be a programmer, software expert or hardware guru? Now is the time to start acquiring those skills outside your formal setting.

The first class is for self fulfillment. I have been in school for 16 years and i know my ability academically/ i know my average grades. I know i xan do better than how i am doing. I am no messi. But imagine if messi doesnt score for a season. I fell how he'll feel.

Lecturers. Especially the ones in my school are very underpaid

I like programming a lot. But i think its too early to say i want to be a programmer because i need to taste or rather do everything and select what goes with me best
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
Fuckallmods:
Have you heard of malpractice before?

Everyone does malpractice. For some reason , i am not ok with that
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
kdon0000:
Answer the questions intrepid just wrote and if you can give your self satisfactory answers, then these are my advices.

I finished from a public uni, in short one of the most difficult uni in nigeria. I tried my best but i wasnt successful. Mine was even in 4. Some thing then, i didnt get to achieve 1st class sha. Iam not discouraging you but if you really one to do it. You must
1. Fall inlove with reading all handouts and materials
2. Make friends with your predecessor ie 200 and 300 lvl students and always collect and accumulates their test and exam papers alongside their notebooks and materials or handout
3. Always remember that falling inlove is with a girl is -0.5 from you sgpa. Ie semesterial gp.
4. Dont follow girls, they can be very distractive and rescending.
5. Follow only serious students ie girls or boys who have a cgpa that is much greater than yours or close to yours. First class or close to.
6. Reduce your playtime and quits watching films when its 2 weeks to test and 1 month,1 week to exams.
7. Make sure you cover all materials and past questions from your seniors before resuming each semester
8. Always ask about all your lecturers from your seniors and how they set questions or behave.
9. Its not important to attend lectures if you dont understand what they are teaching. The time could be used for something better. Collect notes after the class from somebody and copy or photocopy them.you can meet friends(mostly 1st class student) who understand and organise time with him to explain it to you.
9. Always help others below you when you have understand a topic. It brings blessings but if its very close to exam period, start hiding yourself so as to have time to revise, repeat the reading and understand the topic very well.
10. Dont talk too much and dont be proud.

I didnt follow very strictly most of these rules and my cgpa went up sha but due to some problems beyond my control, i didnt get to reach it. And i love playing pes very much.

1. I dont like reading. What i read doesnt stick in my head. Its what i hear in lectures that stays
2. That is not efficient and it will be very time consuming. The time spent wont be worth the knowledge ill gain
3. This is the most difficult part.... i am only human
4. Can this be limited?
5. Cool, i see what you re telling me to do here
6. I dont play at all. I dont think i can stop myself from watching movies/series. Believe me i have tried. I just dont know how to stop
7. Babcock doesnt exactly give you the time for this. 7am and morning classes. Youll be exhausted already in the afternoon. And by the end of the day. You have to go to church. The same thing next day. Thats how it goes
8. Honestly, i only wish i knew this earlier....
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
Thank you all for your help
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by BRATISLAVA: 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
NigerianScholar:

Its not as easy to do as it is to type. Why would i read a boring pdf when i have the latest movie on my desktop. I hope you get where i am coming from

Most students do their assignments last minute anyway. And i cant stress myself for to do work that the teacher will only grade passively

Nothing good comes easy. Attitude.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by Xsem(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
NigerianScholar:
Thank you all for your help
You are intelligent and brilliant but at same time intransigent.I thought you needed advice from them but you ended up clinging to Same things that affected you. If you really want that fulfillment,why not acquiese to their advice. It just needs determination, perseverance, patience to achieve
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
Xsem:

You are intelligent and brilliant but at same time intransigent.I thought you needed advice from them but you ended up clinging to Same things that affected you. If you really want that fulfillment,why not acquiese to their advice. It just needs determination, perseverance, patience to achieve

I may be intransigent. But i like full conviction before i do something

You are taking my curiousity for being too rigid with my opinion. I am that kind of person that asks a ridiculous amount of questions
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by eWyse: 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
NigerianScholar:

Everyone does malpractice. For some reason , i am not ok with that
The bolded above must be an error, I suppose?!
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by Xsem(m): 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
NigerianScholar:

I may be intransigent. But i like full conviction before i do something

You are taking my curiousity for being too rigid with my opinion. I am that kind of person that asks a ridiculous amount of questions
grin Okay. Just loosen up a bit.People might mistake your character as proud or conceited. Anyways those guys above gave nice contributions.
Please my younger brother wants to enter computer engineering,how promising is the field. We can't send him abroad now because of flatuating dollar,so we have been searching for a Nigerian varsity that does well in that field.How is babcock?is it better than convenant? Which is the best in Nigeria.
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by kdon0000: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
NigerianScholar:

1. I dont like reading. What i read doesnt stick in my head. Its what i hear in lectures that stays
2. That is not efficient and it will be very time consuming. The time spent wont be worth the knowledge ill gain
3. This is the most difficult part.... i am only human
4. Can this be limited?
5. Cool, i see what you re telling me to do here
6. I dont play at all. I dont think i can stop myself from watching movies/series. Believe me i have tried. I just dont know how to stop
7. Babcock doesnt exactly give you the time for this. 7am and morning classes. Youll be exhausted already in the afternoon. And by the end of the day. You have to go to church. The same thing next day. Thats how it goes
8. Honestly, i only wish i knew this earlier....

you have to know that nothing good or great comes without sacrifice. First class no be beans. If its that easy, others would make it. I even heard its easy to make it in priv uni.
1. You have to force yourself. Starve yourself of fun and keep you fun gadgets always away from your reach.if its true that you quickly assimilate the ones in the lecture room and still find it hard to read, then its pure laziness and lack of interest and determination.
2. Making friends doesnt means you have to be following them about. I only discuss with them when its close to exams to remind them and after exam. Sometimes we might not even see each other for 2 months.once its close to exams, then chat them up and discuss the issue with them.
3.you have to sacrifice it.
6. Take all your fun devices, laptop and tv and go and keep it elsewhere. Only move with your torchlight phone.
7. You would do that at home during the holidays not when you get to school.

Sacrifices, determination,prayer,zeal,focus,discipline and motivation is key.
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by kdon0000: 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
Xsem:

grin Okay. Just loosen up a bit.People might mistake your character as proud or conceited. Anyways those guys above gave nice contributions.
Please my younger brother wants to enter computer engineering,how promising is the field. We can't send him abroad now because of flatuating dollar,so we have been searching for a Nigerian varsity that does well in that field.How is babcock?is it better than convenant? Which is the best in Nigeria.

i also read engineering,
go for either mechatronics, electrical, software or mechanical.
Computer engineering in nigeria is shit. Electrical, software, mechatronics and sometimes computer science can easily replace them and are much more relevant.
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by Xsem(m): 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2017
kdon0000:

i also read engineering,
Computer engineering in nigeria is shit. Electrical, software, mechatronics and sometimes computer science can easily replace them and are much more relevant.
Thanks sire. I appreciate your suggestion. I will do as you said. Thanks once more
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
eWyse:

The bolded above must be an error, I suppose?!

It was exagerrated i mean most people do it. And out of the rest. Most do it. So almost everyone does it
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
Xsem:

You are right, people say i am proud and stubborn. I an still working on it

I wont lie to you. Covenant is better academically. But bu is better overall

Cu will frustrate your life. No mobile phones,holding hands with girls etc. Bu has frustrating rules tho,but not as much as cu. Covenant is cheaper. But personally, i think its overpopulated. They have just too many students

Just make sure your brother is not an olodo and hell be fine

Another advantage of babcock is that he can change to computer science or information sys if he doesnt like the engineering part

Computer engineering is very good in bu as your brother can transfer to a poland university after his first year for a discounted rate and his bsc wont be from nigeria. Pc me for more info on that

One guy above said computer engineering is poo.. that is very false. I know many grads from my school that re doing very well. Even making a lot of cash from 300l. Babcock computer department is very generous. They communicate with students and give them necessary connections and practical training outside of their normal school curriculum

You can get a lot of internationally recognised certificates before you graduate. Its optional but this is available in cu as well

without being biased. Ill say. Your brother should go to babcock or afe. My issue with afe tho is that its not fully mature. Its still at ita early stage of development
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
kdon0000:

i also read engineering,

computer science and engineering are very very different
Mechatronics /electrical software and mechanical engineering are also different from computer engineering

Computer engineering is a discipline that integrates several fields of electrical engineering and computer science required to develop computer hardware and software.

Computer Science is the study of computers and computational systems. Unlike electrical and computer engineers, computer scientists deal mostly with software and software systems; this includes their theory, design, development, and application.

Mechatronics-technology combining electronics and mechanical engineering

mechanical engineering
noun
the branch of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and use of machines.

Computer engineers are special and cant be easily replaced

You cant tell a mechanic to fix your desktop or your phone
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
I get The sacrifice part. But it is relative. Two people with the same gpa wouldnr have put in the same effort(sacrifice)

I think i need serious help. Anytime i lock my phone/laptop away thinking ill read. My mind will just go back to them and ill go and carry them wherever they were left.

Also theres suspense in most films i watch so i cant help but go back. I cant do with my phone as well. Since my class has a whatapp group and i wont like to miss any serious update. Like assignments,rescheduled classes,tutorials etc

Before i got my phone after my waec. I was scared of failing. That made me determined to read. Even when i read the subject that was most interesting to me. Nothing entered my head. After sometime i just gave up and stopped reading. I had 4 a's 5 b's. No expo. But this doesnt work in the university as lecturers spend less time talking. So my listening in class to pass doesnt work now. Maybe its just how my brain is or i need to change my reading method (i have tried every single one i could think of....no effect)

kdon0000:

you have to know that nothing good or great comes without sacrifice. First class no be beans. If its that easy, others would make it. I even heard its easy to make it in priv uni.
1. You have to force yourself. Starve yourself of fun and keep you fun gadgets always away from your reach.if its true that you quickly assimilate the ones in the lecture room and still find it hard to read, then its pure laziness and lack of interest and determination.
2. Making friends doesnt means you have to be following them about. I only discuss with them when its close to exams to remind them and after exam. Sometimes we might not even see each other for 2 months.once its close to exams, then chat them up and discuss the issue with them.
3.you have to sacrifice it.
6. Take all your fun devices, laptop and tv and go and keep it elsewhere. Only move with your torchlight phone.
7. You would do that at home during the holidays not when you get to school.

Sacrifices, determination,prayer,zeal,focus,discipline and motivation is key.
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by kdon0000: 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
NigerianScholar:

computer science and engineering are very very different
Mechatronics /electrical software and mechanical engineering are also different from computer engineering

Computer engineering is a discipline that integrates several fields of electrical engineering and computer science required to develop computer hardware and software.

Computer Science is the study of computers and computational systems. Unlike electrical and computer engineers, computer scientists deal mostly with software and software systems; this includes their theory, design, development, and application.

Mechatronics-technology combining electronics and mechanical engineering

mechanical engineering
noun
the branch of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and use of machines.

Computer engineers are special and cant be easily replaced

You cant tell a mechanic to fix your desktop or your phone

mr man, am telling you something and you are giving me dictionary definition. How many advert have you seen that they are requesting for a computer engineer. I studied engineering and i offered a lot of courses from many enginnering fields. I also have a lot of friends in different engineering fields. What i thought was ok when i gained admission and in my 100 lvl turned out to be very different when i was about to graduate and gained a lot of knowledge. Dont ever assume anything in nigeria. Ask questions and make researches before concluding at any point. I have given you an expensive advice and the kind i can give my brother. If he also likes nursing or medical lab science let he pick it.they are also ok.
The advice is only a suggestion. Am not forcing him.
Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by Xsem(m): 8:05pm On Jul 11, 2017
NigerianScholar:

You are right, people say i am proud and stubborn. I an still working on it

I wont lie to you. Covenant is better academically. But bu is better overall

Cu will frustrate your life. No mobile phones,holding hands with girls etc. Bu has frustrating rules tho,but not as much as cu. Covenant is cheaper. But personally, i think its overpopulated. They have just too many students

Just make sure your brother is not an olodo and hell be fine

Another advantage of babcock is that he can change to computer science or information sys if he doesnt like the engineering part

Computer engineering is very good in bu as your brother can transfer to a poland university after his first year for a discounted rate and his bsc wont be from nigeria. Pc me for more info on that

One guy above said computer engineering is poo.. that is very false. I know many grads from my school that re doing very well. Even making a lot of cash from 300l. Babcock computer department is very generous. They communicate with students and give them necessary connections and practical training outside of their normal school curriculum

You can get a lot of internationally recognised certificates before you graduate. Its optional but this is available in cu as well

without being biased. Ill say. Your brother should go to babcock or afe. My issue with afe tho is that its not fully mature. Its still at ita early stage of development
I can't thank you enough but nevertheless I appreciate everything. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need To Increase My Cgpa By 1.7 Points Before I Graduate. (advice Needed) by NigerianScholar: 11:52pm On Jul 11, 2017
https://ng.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Computer+Engineer&l=Lagos+State

There re many jobs out there for computer engineers. As long as you have practical skills and the papers. Youll surely get a job. Or start something for yourself.

Like i said. Many boys in my school start making significant money from 300l. Fixing laptops etc

Andela employs many young comp tech/engineering students etc

Some companies in nigeria have started manufacturing android phones. A guy in my school showed me the blue prints of a phone and tab he was designing for the company

Get a comptia hardware certification with new horizons nigeria. And theyll hook you up

Did you study computer engineering or another kind?
Do you have practical skills as well?

kdon0000:

mr man, am telling you something and you are giving me dictionary definition. How many advert have you seen that they are requesting for a computer engineer. I studied engineering and i offered a lot of courses from many enginnering fields. I also have a lot of friends in different engineering fields. What i thought was ok when i gained admission and in my 100 lvl turned out to be very different when i was about to graduate and gained a lot of knowledge. Dont ever assume anything in nigeria. Ask questions and make researches before concluding at any point. I have given you an expensive advice and the kind i can give my brother. If he also likes nursing or medical lab science let he pick it.they are also ok.
The advice is only a suggestion. Am not forcing him.

(1) (Reply)

Salary Of A Receptionist In Nigeria / How To Convert A Normal(wired) Earphone To A Cordless Earphone Using. House Wast / Abia State University ( ABSU ) Is Demanding For 30k Before They Can Confirm Rslt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.