Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy (1764 Views)

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!Used Honda Babyboy For Quick Sale nw 340k / *TOKS* Coupey BaByBoy*650k*only(lagos clear) / NAIJA USED 2001 Honda Babyboy @ actual 113k Mileage Forsale: N450k SOLD!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by lanre2009: 11:30am On Feb 02, 2010
Pls i am having this strange problem with my honda baby boy 1998 model. In the morning when i start the car the horn works very well but when the engine runs and becomes sort of hot the horn doesnt respond even when i press it with all the force in the world. Someone suggested i change the horn assembly, i did and no difference, someone else said i should change the relay, i did and dat also didnt solve the problem.

Pls anyone help will be appreciated in solving the problem. thanks.
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by micklplus(m): 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2010
Guys, please help out o. I am having the same issue with my Honda Accord.

Ur help wud be greatly appreciated
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by lanre2009: 2:58pm On Feb 06, 2010
One thing i discovered about this problem again is dat if i rock the steering at anytime the horn works.

Pls i am still looking forward to a permanent solution to the problem, thanks.
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by german007(m): 6:39pm On Feb 06, 2010
If you both are in Lagos, Ring Akeem on 080738959256 or 07029276949.

Thanks
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by lanre2009: 10:31am On Feb 09, 2010
Hi,

Has the guy solved this kinda of problem before, and yes i am based in lagos.

pls reply asap. thanks
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by german007(m): 11:05am On Feb 09, 2010
Yes, He has. That is why I recommended him.

Ring him if you can.

Thanks. cool
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by cecegorz(m): 1:33pm On Feb 09, 2010
There's this bunch of auto mechanics that host a daily show on Radio continental 102.3FM in Lagos by 8.30am mondays to fridays.

You can tune in and ask them for solution, they will willingly tell you spot on, what you ought to do.
It's an enriching program for auto owners/users alike.

Personally, i've learnt a lot tips listening to them.

Cheers.
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by lanre2009: 10:32am On Feb 16, 2010
@german007, akeem came and after charging me N9k, and being on the problem for about 3 days, the problem is remain unresolved, my steering twisted upside down and my SRS lite refusing to go off, though he promised to come check it out again today. i shalll keep u posted
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by jtoliver: 12:26pm On Feb 16, 2010
Your problem could have been as simple as a loose horn grounding wire located within your steering wheel/assembly. When you start your car in the morning, the grounding wire could have settled from the night before and makes good contact. As you go about during the day, with all the "twisting and turning" of your steering wheel, the wire could get loose, which is probably why you associate having no horn "as the engine gets hot".

In any case, you should not have had just any mechanic tamper with your airbag/SRS-equipped steering wheel without proper equipment and/or proper procedure. Any mishandling could lead to accidental deployment of airbag when not needed, or non-deployment when needed, which is very dangerous in both cases. As your SRS light is now constantly on, it indicates that the SRS system has detected a malfunction. So your simple horn problem might become a bigger one, but hopefully not so.

Good luck!
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by sultaan(m): 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2010
Add alignment to that sad
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by lanre2009: 9:50am On Feb 17, 2010
@sultaan, i think u might be right about the alignment twist, cos ever since the guy finished with the car, it seems as though the rear tyres are wobbling when i am on the road, my guy i don tire. thanks anyways.
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by shoks50: 12:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
hi had the same problem with my honda babyboy 98 model last year nov,my electrician said i had to change a mechanism in the steering wheel tat cost about 8k.that was done only for the horn to cease after 2 mnths,had to change electricians that told me will cost anoda 7k to ve it fixed d naija way!i did it& my horn is simply beautiful!
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by lanre2009: 12:12pm On Feb 22, 2010
@shoks

this problem is driving me nuts, could u drop ur electrician's fone number maybe he could come giv it a check, this electrician that worked on it b4 has simply absconded.

@german007
i wonder y u have kept silent in all this issue, knwing that u are the one dat introduced this guy, i am still waiting for ur response.
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by Onwan: 12:32pm On Feb 22, 2010
To solve this problem I need to explain something to you guys;

When your cars attain a high temperature; an improper earthing causes the heat to create statics that can affect a whole lot of things including the horn and in some cases, the sound systems.

First of all we need to look into you cars' heating situations;

1. You need to have your radiators drained, washed and filled with the right coolant/water mixtures.

2. Check the fan systems IF they are working as they should - and if the auxiliary fan (If you have) works as should.

3. The part of the battery head that connects to the body of the vehicle; please confirm that there is no disconnection or loose connection; have them reinforce it so it stays very well.

4. Make sure the horn has a proper earthing; ie. it is well connected to the body - or better let the earth part be connected to the negative on the battery.

This can happen to any brand or model; even Mercedes.

Summary:
Deal with the overheating by sorting out your radiator and fan, then take care of the earthing.

Please let us know.
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by german007(m): 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2010
@Lanre009

Nice speaking to you earlier. Apologies for the experience with the guy I introduced you to.  He has done loads of jobs for me in the past and numerous clients I have introduced him to, Whch is why I was being helpful and refered you to him in the first instance.

I have since spoken to him and had a big scold at him, and he has promised to rectify it as he claims to have been down with malaria. "Whether to believe that, I dont know"

I am sure everyone knows that most Nigerian workmen have the skills and expertise but are sometime laidback, lazy and never work within a specified time frame.

If he gives you any issues again, Make sure you tell me. I know how to deal with him when it comes to that.

Thanks.
Re: Horn Problem With My Honda Babyboy by Onwan: 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2010
@Lanre009 & Mickplus

Just try out the options above, and let us know how it works out. These days in Nigeria, you just cant have a Mechanic work on your vehicle without knowing anything about it.

(1) (Reply)

Volkswagen Touareg 2005 And Nissan Murano 2006 / 2004 Honda Accord Ex Eod 1.7m / Man Diesel Truck Engine- Commander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.