Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders (3454 Views)

CBN Sells N187b T-bills In One Week As Lending Rate Falls / Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank / Naira Plunges At Interbank Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 11, 2017
Lending rate at Nigeria’s interbank on Friday rose to about 15% from the 5% recorded last week. This was after commercial lenders made payment for dollar and Treasury bill purchases, thereby bringing down liquidity, traders told Reuters.

“The interbank rate traded above the 40% level on Wednesday because of the treasury bill auction,” a trader said adding that the rates later fell after the Central Bank paid matured bills worth N65 billion ($188 million). According to the traders, the apex bank this week sold dollars twice, making the liquidity of the local currency drop. It also sold N25.67 billion ($74 million) in treasury bills, which further boosted borrowing costs.

However, traders expect borrowing costs to rise next week, as the central bank is likely to continue its forex interventions to stabilize the naira.

Since February, CBN has been selling dollars in a bid to manage liquidity shortfall and reduce the gap between the official and black market exchange rates for naira.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/nigerias-interbank-lending-rate-rises-to-15-traders/

Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by psucc(m): 8:23am On Jul 11, 2017
Just got a text that effective July 1, that my existing loan will attract 31.25% interest from the previous 24% in 2015. This is exclusive of the Monthly Advisory Fee and other charges. How can any business cope with this kind if rate?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2017
Hmmmmm, na wah
Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by froz(m): 5:20am On Jul 13, 2017
which way na?
Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by NwaAmaikpe: 7:13am On Jul 13, 2017
shocked

Nice one.

Nigeria is the only country in the world where banking is about inverse-intermediating.

Taking from the deficit and giving it to the surplus.

Only the rich benefit from banking.
The poor can't access loans.
But the big corporations are begged to come take loans.
This is a shame.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by LoveJesus87(m): 7:18am On Jul 13, 2017
G
Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by refreshrate: 7:18am On Jul 13, 2017
Kuku kill us

Meanwhile adeosun is talking about tax drive when a whole lot more companies are about to close shop cos of this new nonsense

Devils
Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by brainpulse: 7:21am On Jul 13, 2017
Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by lubaabu: 7:25am On Jul 13, 2017
are you serious of what you are saying, advisory fee is payable once is not monthly, but email me on anataala@yahoo.com for why forward on how your bank will paid your back your money with interest.
psucc:
Just got a text that effective July 1, that my existing loan will attract 31.25% interest from the previous 24% in 2015. This is exclusive of the Monthly Advisory Fee and other charges. How can any business cope with this kind if rate?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by Captain1Nigeria(m): 7:26am On Jul 13, 2017
Bank rates is very high in Nigeria of recent .
Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by admindim: 7:43am On Jul 13, 2017
it is well
Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by biggestbros: 7:52am On Jul 13, 2017
lubaabu:
are you serious of what you are saying, advisory fee is payable once is not monthly, but email me on anataala@yahoo.com for why forward on how your bank will paid your back your money with interest.

I have same issue.
Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by soflygerian(m): 7:56am On Jul 13, 2017
psucc:
My Goodness!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by NairalandCS(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2017
I blame buhari. grin

Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by dingbang(m): 8:11am On Jul 13, 2017
Which way...
Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by dfrost: 9:29am On Jul 13, 2017
Threads like this needs the input of intelligent minds. NwaAmaikpe is already here. Good.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by IBBG(m): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2017
when u go to put ur money in fixed deposit, the banks will be offering u a paltry 6% PA while lending out at cut throat interest rates. I think our banking system is also immensely responsible for stifling entrepreneural pursuits in this country. you might have a brilliant business idea, but the cost of funding that idea, would mean that the business will fail before it even kick starts. They r also responsible for fueling a cost push inflation which causes recession in an economy, because of their exorbitant interest rates.
Re: Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders by dovetark: 1:33am On Jul 14, 2017
psucc:

What bank pls?

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice: How To Start Wholesale Provisions Sales (middle Men /distribution / Do You Want To Set-up A Fast Food Business?: Food Manufacturing Plant? / I Am Looking For Frozen Fish Importers/cold Room Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.