Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Does Nigeria Have Any Aircraft Carrier? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Nigeria Have Any Aircraft Carrier? (3658 Views)

Does Nigeria Have Missile? / Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? / Only 10 Out Of 45 Registered Political Parties In Nigeria Have Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Nigeria Have Any Aircraft Carrier? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
EKONGKING:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_carriers_by_country
Thanks so much for clearing my doubts.

If Russia can have just one active aircraft carrier then the job of an air craft carrier can be done by a long range missile and an army which can be able to run over enemy territories in record time
Re: Does Nigeria Have Any Aircraft Carrier? by Dedetwo(m): 5:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
ransomeware:
Dear Nairalander,

Please I have searched the internet for A Nigerian Aircraft Carrier like the Ussr George Bush and only saw "Edo, Ogun and Akwa-ibom" without reference to an Aircraft Carrier. I want to know if we do especially from our Gallant Navy Friends in Nairaland.

Seun
Lalacticlacla
Mynd44

Are you this slow Nigeria does not have one single destroyer talk less amphibious landing craft. You got to have aircrafts (jet fighters and bombers) before waste of time thinking about Aircraft Carrier. Person who cannot buy or make rope is talking about committing suicide with rope.
Re: Does Nigeria Have Any Aircraft Carrier? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
http://www.militaryfactory.com/ships/detail.asp?ship_id=INS-Vikrant but i fink vikrant has been retired but also check INS Vikramaditya
just did.

What benefit does it have since a world power likeRussia has only one active one which is even a drag on Russian military after it's voyage to Syria
Re: Does Nigeria Have Any Aircraft Carrier? by ransomeware: 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
jpphilips:

I doubt if you understand why big militaries buy or build Aircraft carriers.
How many countries in Africa own Aircraft carriers?
Is Nigeria's foreign policy tailored towards global force projection?
If the answer to the later is "NO", then Nigeria doesn't need it.

Then having an aircraft carrier is not useful to me since...................................... It is only meant for secret sea missions. I guess
Re: Does Nigeria Have Any Aircraft Carrier? by Mazeltovscotty(m): 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
just did.

What benefit does it have since a world power like Russia has only one active one which is even a drag on Russian military after it's voyage to Syria
Different countries practice and hold different military policies. A country like America will bring war to your door steep with the aid of aircraft carriers and submarines, holding military drills on international water with their allies while a country Russia believe in fighting war from their country and strike anywhere in the world. That is why a super power like Russia can only boast of one Aircraft carrier because they really don't need it - then couple with the fact that the cost of building and maintaining a single Aircraft carrier is very costly. Take for example, US Nitmiz Carrier cost about $6.2 Billion dollars which is approximately about N1.9 trillon Naira. That figure excludes the cost of maintainance.

Right now, America is the only Country in the world who have up to 10 Aircraft carriers in service and they use it primarily for attack purpose and for launching aerial strike against enemies

1 Like

Re: Does Nigeria Have Any Aircraft Carrier? by Mazeltovscotty(m): 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
ransomeware:

Then having an aircraft carrier is not useful to me since...................................... It is only meant for secret sea missions. I guess
a nuclear submarine is the best for secret mission not aircraft carrier
Re: Does Nigeria Have Any Aircraft Carrier? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2017
cool This shows that aircraft carriers are outdated and for offensive purpose not defensive one
Mazeltovscotty:
Different countries practice and hold different military policies. A country like America will bring war to your door steep with the aid of aircraft carriers and submarines, holding military drills on international water with their allies while a country Russia believe in fighting war from their country and strike anywhere in the world. That is why a super power like Russia can only boast of one Aircraft carrier because they really don't need it - then couple with the fact that the cost of building and maintaining a single Aircraft carrier is very costly. Take for example, US Nitmiz Carrier cost about $6.2 Billion dollars which is approximately about N1.9 trillon Naira. That figure excludes the cost of maintainance.

Right now, America is the only Country in the world who have up to 10 Aircraft carriers in service and they use it primarily for attack purpose and for launching aerial strike against enemies
Re: Does Nigeria Have Any Aircraft Carrier? by Mazeltovscotty(m): 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
cool This shows that aircraft carriers are outdated and for offensive purpose not defensive one
No they are not outdated and yes they offensive-used. They are very useful. Most of the US activities in the middles East are projected from Carriers. If you remeber, America sent USS Carl Vinson and USS Ronald Reagan a aircraftcarriers to North korea.
Re: Does Nigeria Have Any Aircraft Carrier? by ogele: 9:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
na wetin too much film dey cause. Those Military films u are watching is not good for your health..... Meanwhile them plenty for Bayelsa and all those riverine areas.......u tink say air craft carrier na beans abi.
Re: Does Nigeria Have Any Aircraft Carrier? by ransomeware: 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
a nuclear submarine is the best for secret mission not aircraft carrier
Meaning it carry a nuclear warhead
Re: Does Nigeria Have Any Aircraft Carrier? by Mazeltovscotty(m): 1:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
ransomeware:

Meaning it carry a nuclear warhead
Lolz, no I mean a nuclear-powered submarine. That is, a submarine powered by nuclear reactor. Some submarines are also powered by diesel. That is how Russia has been launching its cruise missile from afar into syria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun: "Shocked Embarrassed Sorry" / How Gov Obiano is expanding Ngozika and other new estates in Awka (photos) / Olusegun Obasanjo Cabinet From 2003 To 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.