Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Biafrans And The 20-pound Blackmail (article) By Remi Oyeyemi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafrans And The 20-pound Blackmail (article) By Remi Oyeyemi (7028 Views)

Why Nigeria Must Break Up By Remi Oyeyemi--sahara Reporters / We Will Join Biafrans And Destroy You—afenifere Warns Northern Leaders / Meet Oyeyemi Halima: 25-Year-Old LGA Councilor In Osun State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafrans And The 20-pound Blackmail (article) By Remi Oyeyemi by Markfemi2: 5:56am On Jul 13, 2017
prodigy24:

You see afonja and lie! Gowon brought the war to East and not the other way round. I doubt if you have read history on Biafran war, or you are just being a typical afonja.

Shut up
You brought the war to Nigeria
Why did you invade Midwest and install Albert Okonkwo as head
Why did you attempt to invade Ore
Thunder fire treacherous biafrans
Land grabbing since 1966

2 Likes

Re: Biafrans And The 20-pound Blackmail (article) By Remi Oyeyemi by 0monnak0da: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
The lie was completely dismantled on this excellent thread:https://www.nairaland.com/4147830/biafra-twenty-pound-lie-busted
Re: Biafrans And The 20-pound Blackmail (article) By Remi Oyeyemi by 0monnak0da: 11:20am On Dec 15, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Withdrew their savings from where? When? When the counter coup struck the first night and the pogroms began the next morning? You mean a Nyammiri whose head is being sought for in the street went boldly to the bank and they gave him ALL he had? Does this makes sense to you?

The Eboes want us to believe that one one their grandfathers kept their banks books for posterity.

The claim that after the war those who had evidence of bank accounts were denied access to ttheir bank accounts is false

20 pounds was GIVEN IN EXCHANGE for BIAFRA POUNDS

as RECONCILIATION GESTURE

It was not compensation

There was never a time that any person who had a bank book was stopped from gettiing their money that is a fat lie

How come only Eboes propagate this falsehood?

Not one other ethnic group has come forwaard to make similar claims

Ni Ibibio,
No Ijaw,
No Efik
No Ikwerre

The truth is Many Eboes withdrew their money and FOOLISHLY GAVE THEM TO OJUKWU

In exchange for Biafra notes

Ojukwu spent the Money on weapons

In short they INVESTED IN THE WAR

which turned out too be bad makate for them

How is that Nigeria's problem
Re: Biafrans And The 20-pound Blackmail (article) By Remi Oyeyemi by cocolacec(m): 6:52am On Jun 28, 2021
Insighful piece

1 Like

Re: Biafrans And The 20-pound Blackmail (article) By Remi Oyeyemi by Akudaisi: 7:41am On Jun 28, 2021
cocolacec:
Insighful piece
you must be very daft to call this post insightful
Re: Biafrans And The 20-pound Blackmail (article) By Remi Oyeyemi by cocolacec(m): 9:39am On Jun 28, 2021
Akudaisi:
you must be very daft to call this post insightful

You are the daft one,who hate the truth.Narcissistic tribe it is always every other tribes fault,you guys never admit faults inother to make amends or correction.Dont start a war you cannot win because your conqueror will see you as slaves.

1 Like

Re: Biafrans And The 20-pound Blackmail (article) By Remi Oyeyemi by aribisala0(m): 9:50am On Jun 28, 2021
prodigy24:

Some of your are brazen ignorant or pure tribalist. let me tell you, in japan, after the war, America spent so much money in rebuilding the japan, and they are still grateful for that till today. what did Nigeria do to the Eastern region after the war aside niger bridge? they killed many development projects like PRODA, they stopped technical department at UNN. What happened to the RRR that was executed in the southwest, the massive aerial bombardment that was carried out on innocent citizens, what measure did FG put in place like what we currently have in the self inflicted northeast? Honestly i feel yoruba has a date with igbo people, There is something greatly amiss in the psyche of an average yoruba man on ndi igbo.. Everybody in my family, plux extended families contributed moneis to a single man that has bank account, and he returned with only 20pounds, my dad told me that his own money alone was over 10000pounds, but he never got any kobo, because 20pounds can not be shared, it was like 20naira. How do you share a single note currency? what you don't know is that uneasy lies the head that wears the crown, we experienced the war, we know how we went through it. it will be very abnormal, unacceptable for you to tell us our story. The war was carried out on us and on our land, the rapes and atrocities were done in our land. Reading the op, validates the Biafra call, because these people are still evil. They do not wish anything good to us.But continue, nothing lasts forever, there was a time, Roma reigned, Greeks reigned, british reigned, now America is reigning, while China is stepping up. We will never forget. i have said it before , if Nnamdi kanu fails,it is just a postponement of the burial date of Nigeria.I and many people like me will never fail,
The Biggest Note was 5 pounds NOT Twenty. Another LIE!!

When the pound was replaced with the Naira there was no Twenty Naira note. That was introduced AFTER Murtala Muhammad was killed with his face on it
Re: Biafrans And The 20-pound Blackmail (article) By Remi Oyeyemi by Akudaisi: 10:07am On Jun 28, 2021
cocolacec:

You are the daft who hate the truth.Narcissistic tribe it is always every other tribes fault,you guys never admit faults inother to make amends or correction.Dont start a war you cannot win because your conqueror will see you as [/b]slaves.
I don't have time for inconsequential slaves,if anyone is a slave is definitely,[b]Yoruba,you guys aren't just a slave but a tamed one,one can be in slavery and that is unfortunate but being a tamed slave is the worse thing t can happen to a people,Fulani have tamed Yoruba tufia
Re: Biafrans And The 20-pound Blackmail (article) By Remi Oyeyemi by aribisala0(m): 4:10pm On Aug 03, 2022
The question is were Ibos the only people in Eastern Nigeria ? Or were they the only ones who had bank accounts?
Re: Biafrans And The 20-pound Blackmail (article) By Remi Oyeyemi by Uchek(m): 5:36am On Dec 12, 2023
LIFE AND MONEY: WHICH IS MORE PRECIOUS?

seunmsg:

Kudos to the late sage for this very kind gesture. Only very few leaders would have done something as generous as this. Today, nobody talks about this good deed. All they talk about is that he betrayed a Biafra he never subscribed to. Yoruba's should learn from the treatment people like Awolowo, Soyinka, Banjo etc got in the hands of ibos. No matter our good deeds towards them, they will always pay back with hatred and envy.
Re: Biafrans And The 20-pound Blackmail (article) By Remi Oyeyemi by seunmsg(m): 8:02am On Dec 12, 2023
Uchek:
LIFE AND MONEY: WHICH IS MORE PRECIOUS?

Igbos choose to go to war against the rest of the country. War comes with consequences.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sowore 2019: Stop Voting For Ancestors Interested In Ruling Nigeria Forever. / The South West And Nigeria: A Call For Opinions / Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.