Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Does It Lead To Hell As Some Claim? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does It Lead To Hell As Some Claim? (2889 Views)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Lead To Hell As Some Claim? by gee2(m): 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2010
hi everyone,
need to ask something, i heard a man preaching and he kept laying emphasis on the issue of females wearing trousers or weave-on that they who wear it will go to hell and i wondered where God informed him so and if there be such in the bible, pls post it here.
Re: Does It Lead To Hell As Some Claim? by Traugott(m): 6:40pm On Feb 02, 2010
Dear Gee, the preacher is partially correct and partially wrong.

God looks at the motive behind your wearing of the trousers and weave-on etc, and he looks at the outcome (fruit) that it will generate in you.

That means it is a sin for some people, and it is okay for others.

Our lives as Christians are individual, the Christian walk is between you and God.

For God, the end does not justify the means, in fact it is the beginning and the process that God is interested in. Once he establishes the beginning and the process is stable, God can "rest" on the matter because the end is sure. It is us humans that make noise about the end of a matter.

The end does not justify the means, so you can't summarize and stubbornly say "Bisi is wearing trousers, therefore I can wear trousers too", when you know that your body shape in that trouser will likely lead yourself and others to sin. Or when you wear a weave-on JUST BECAUSE you have heard from a "spiritual" sister in church that it is wrong to do so (that is defiance, the first stage of rebellion, and in that case, that is what God will look at, not the weave-on).

The Bible says that a little leaven leavens the whole lump. Just a little harmless thing can ruin something much greater! And that is why the Bible doesn't ask us to flee evil but to flee every [i]appearanc[/i]e of evil! e.g. a single Christian brother who wants to remain sexu-ally pure and yet is living together with a girlfriend in the same room, even if they "do nothing", it is an appearance of evil because they are seen by others entering the room together every night (a bad testimony against them already. If in the future they say nothing happened, nobody will believe them), and very soon at that rate they will tempt themselves sorely.

So the final point is this: WHY are you wearing trousers and weave-on, and do you have peace from God in your heart about it? We cannot be stubborn and yet live for God.

Remain blessed!
Re: Does It Lead To Hell As Some Claim? by Raylight2(m): 5:26pm On Feb 03, 2010
Qst 1: Trousers are meant for men and not girls. Deut. 22:5 says "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, " and if we are to work strictly according to the Bible, wearing of trousers by girls is a sin before God.

Qst 2: Using of weave-on/any attachment is a sin. God want us as humans to be contempt with what he has given to us but due to the sin in the life of man; those whose hair are not long enough then go ahead to using weave-on. If God had wanted us to use weave-on, he would have done that during creation.

If only you come to Jesus and accept him as your lord and personal saviour today and you allow him to transform you; you may not believe these things I told you. Just give Jesus a chance today by
1 Acknowledging that you are a sinner and pray for forgiveness,
2 believe that Jesus has forgiven you and that you are now a son/daughter of the kingdom then
3 confess that you are saved.

If you want to come to Jesus as in you want to be him friend. Just email me at raylight4lyf63@gmail.com your spiritual welfare is my concern. Jesus loves and died for you.

Thanks
Re: Does It Lead To Hell As Some Claim? by gee2(m): 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2010
@ traugott,
thanks for the full xplanation and i really support your point of view and that is what we should be talking about cos we not same people but insteat we condemn others though we ourselves aren't 100% clean and God instructed us not to judge but have we obeyed Him? thanks once again.

@ ray,
i am a true believer and i know God but get to understand that some firm want their female staffs to appear smart hence the need for putting on trousers but that doesn't mean we shouldn't speak the truth therefore i wouldn't agree totally with you cos for every action there is a motive.

the world has gone wayward, we all know. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Holiness And The Danger Of Prosperity Gospel / Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects / Do GOD's prophets ever teach/prophesies lies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.