Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Nigeria Is Fortunate To Have A Leader Like Buhari – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Fortunate To Have A Leader Like Buhari – Osinbajo (511 Views)

Femi Adesina: Nigerians Lucky To Have President Like Buhari / Bayelsa West Needs A Leader Like Dikson – Sagbama And Ekeremor Leaders / Father Mbaka: Enugu Has Never Had A Leader Like Ugwuanyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Fortunate To Have A Leader Like Buhari – Osinbajo by Yomzzyblog: 11:24am On Jul 12, 2017
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on Tuesday said Nigeria was fortunate to have a “straightforward” and “honest” leader like President Muhammadu Buhari.

Osinbajo said this while addressing the Quarterly Presidential Business Forum at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Osinbajo said the nation had the right environment in form of government discipline with Buhari in charge.

He said, “I have said this repeatedly that in some sense, we are fortunate to have a leader like the President who, at least we know, is straightforward and honest and committed to ensuring government expenditure is spent the way it should be spent and that people don’t do what they like.

“To that extent, I think we have the right environment at least in terms of government discipline to be able to deliver on the promises that we have made.

“All that I will just want to say to the private sector is to be sure that we have enough willing and able partners. There is no way we can ever be perfect. I mean government is a behemoth, where there are so many problems and issues.”

He added that Nigeria would experience a turnaround in 18 months with the right focus

He urged Nigerians to trust that the government would fulfill its promises.

“Do not doubt for one moment at all our commitment to ensuring that we are able to deliver on the promises that we have made.

“Day after day, night after night, we are working on these things. Practically every night, we work on these issues.

“I believe very strongly that Nigeria will turn around. I have no doubt in my mind that if we are focused, even in the next 12 to 18 months, we will certainly see a turnaround. And I really would want you to join us in being able to ensure that this happens to the Nigerian economy.”

Osinbajo said government had identified certain critical things that must be done to move the country forward.

“On each and every one of these items, certainly progress is being made, and of course fighting corruption, controlling government expenditure, controlling leakages and all of that. On every one of these items, progress is being made.

“When Mr. President launched the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan sometimes in April, one of the things that he emphasised was the fact that we have made up our minds as to where we are going,” he added

Cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44, Semid4lyfe

Source: http://www.yomzzyblog.com/2017/07/nigera-is-fortunate-to-have-leader-like.html?m=1

Re: Nigeria Is Fortunate To Have A Leader Like Buhari – Osinbajo by Ohammadike: 11:25am On Jul 12, 2017
May Heavenly thunder fire your useless mouth there...... Heediot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Fortunate To Have A Leader Like Buhari – Osinbajo by Zenithpeak(m): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2017
Yesterday talk...

Buhari would have been the best president we never have if we had listen to the voice wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Fortunate To Have A Leader Like Buhari – Osinbajo by PointZerom: 11:43am On Jul 12, 2017
Is that your final answer?.
Re: Nigeria Is Fortunate To Have A Leader Like Buhari – Osinbajo by psucc(m): 11:43am On Jul 12, 2017
The evil APC bug has infected Osinbajo with the lying spirit.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Fortunate To Have A Leader Like Buhari – Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 12, 2017
Mr osibanjo stop praising whom God has cursed..

Dont go down with buhari
Re: Nigeria Is Fortunate To Have A Leader Like Buhari – Osinbajo by Ojiofor: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2017
What do you expect from a fake man of God.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Fortunate To Have A Leader Like Buhari – Osinbajo by eagleeye2: 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2017
Osibanjo stick to what you know. INTEGRITY was a scam them, and I think STRAIGHTFORWARDNESS is a scam now.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Armed Forces. The Way Forward. / BREAKING: Wamakko Is Dead / CONE President Orders For The Immediate Sack Of Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.