Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,564 members, 7,861,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:48 PM

Man Survives Auto Accident At Obanikoro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Survives Auto Accident At Obanikoro (282 Views)

Atiku, Saraki, Bruce, Fayose, Dogara React As Osinbajo Survives Helicopter Crash / Obanikoro Flees To US As Fayose's Court Case Begins / Ibrahim Babajide Obanikoro Wins APC House Of Representatives Ticket In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Survives Auto Accident At Obanikoro by eyesoflagos: 2:41pm On Jul 12, 2017
MAN SURVIVES AUTO ACCIDENT AT OBANIKORO
source ; http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/07/man-survives-auto-accident-at-obanikoro.html

Report has it that a journalist with Enradio, Mr. Orunsolu Mutiin, yesterday, Tuesday, July 11, 2017, luckily escaped an auto accident unhurt when an articulated vehicle crushed into his vehicle at Obanikoro bus stop on the popular Ikorodu Road, Lagos.
According to (NAN), Mutiin was alone in his company’s Nissan Primera car with registration number LND 352 DS when the accident occurred during the early morning rush hour as workers headed to their places of work.
The accident held up traffic on the highway for almost two hours until traffic officials were able to move the vehicles off the road.
Mutiin, in shock spoke with NAN at the scene, saying the accident occurred at 7.30 a.m as he was on the Lagos Island-bound side of the highway.
“As I was approaching Obanikoro Bus Stop, there was a slight traffic. Suddenly, I felt an impact on my car and I saw the articulated truck behind me crushing my car.In the process, my car hit the two vehicles in front and I was pushed toward the culvert. I thank God that I am alive, even though my car was badly damaged,” he said.
The two other vehicles involved in the accident were a KIA saloon car and a smaller truck.
Commenting on the accident, Incident Commander, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Rescue Unit (LRU), Commander Philips Okoro, who was at the scene, alleged that the accident was due to the articulated vehicle driver’s recklessness.
“He claimed that it was brake failure. We checked the brake and discovered that it was intact. The driver has been arrested and detained at Ilupeju Police Station,” he said.
The rescue commander said that the KIA car had been towed to the Police station while the driver of the other vehicle left the scene when he noticed his vehicle was not damaged.
Okoro however advised drivers to be attentive and safety conscious while driving on the highway.

(1) (Reply)

How Is The Economy In Your Area? Is Nigeria Really Coming Out Of Recession? / Save A Career!! / Fayemi To SERAP: Prove Pension Allegation Or Risk Legal Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.