Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) (15644 Views)

The Moment Gowon Received The News Of The Coup That Overthrew Him In OAU / Shekau Threatens To Attack President Buhari If He Visits Maiduguri Again / President Buhari's Car Airlifted To Taraba As He Visits State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
NwaEzefuNaMba:

taaaaahh mechipu gi onu ahu iji eri nsi.

Rule 21

CC mynd44 lalasticlala seun oam4j obinoscopy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by MrImole: 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2017
quid:

Yew he will live long to see Biafra

What is Biafra?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
MrImole:

What is Biafra?
Not zoogeria

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by jbnm: 6:57pm On Jul 12, 2017
some group of pple will not be happy bout dis news.gowon d rebel slayer
Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by Biggie225(m): 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
makaOGA:
IPOB People won't be happy
mumu

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by fasterwell(m): 7:10pm On Jul 12, 2017
KahlDrogo:
Gowon, the slayer of the Transgender, Hoe-jew-kwu, we welcome thee.

Enjoy your stay sir. cool

Hoe-jew-kwu's manhood right now be like..

A true coward is that man that was languishing in prison and a Saviour came and rescued him and he promised his saviour that he will keep to his word but when he got home, he went back to same people that enslaved and imprisoned him .

A fool is the one who saw that the battle he was fighting was about to take his life yet he continued and perished

A wise man is he who sense danger approaching and flee into to see the end .

He that fight and run, lives to fight again

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by Kagawa10: 7:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
fasterwell:

A true coward is that man that was languishing in prison and a Saviour came and rescued him and he promised his saviour that he will keep to his word but when he got home, he went back to same people that enslaved and imprisoned him .

A fool is the one who saw that the battle he was fighting was about to take his life yet he continued and perished

A wise man is he who sense danger approaching and flee into to see the end .

He that fight and run, lives to fight again

Are you talking about when Gowon released Awolowo from the prison? Well, Awolowo eventually had to join Gowon, not because he wanted to appreciate him but due to the stupid biafra invasion and attack on the midwest and Ore.

I hope you know the fool and coward is Ojukwu.

5 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by fasterwell(m): 7:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
Kagawa10:

Are you talking about when Gowon released Awolowo from the prison? Well, Awolowo eventually had to join Gowon, not because he wanted to appreciate him but due to the stupid biafra invasion and attack on the midwest and Ore.

I hope you know the fool and coward is Ojukwu.

The honour Ojukwu received in death was more than that of Awolowo and Abiola put together.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by Kagawa10: 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2017
fasterwell:

The honour Ojukwu received in death was more than that of Awolowo and Abiola put together.

Like he was in our naira note? Even Zik, the beautiful harlot who ensured the "no secession clause" was put in our constitution had more honour than your ojukwu.

Ojukwu was a greedy coward who promised not to invade neutral ground yet invaded and attacked the Midwest, Ore and kept on throwing bombs in Lagos. A coward who committed 1 mil of his folks to death while he fled in a woman cloth to abidjan. A fool who would rather his biafran men have enough food to feed just so they could continue the war than ensure his people have food to feed. None of his biafran men looks like people suffering from starvation at the time they surrendered.

A greedy man who's all about annexing people's land without consulting them, he even went as far as to annex the Midwest land which was no part of the then Eastern state and was on the verge of annexing Ondo and Lagos until he met his waterloo and you dare criticise Awolowo who ensured Ore and the Midwest got liberated from the clutches of your greedy warlord? Lol. Even Ojukwu realised that he goofed because he was the one who reneged on his promise by attacking the midwest and ore, not Awolowo. He was even full of praise for Awolowo at the time he died and called him "the best president" Nigeria never had whereas he hated Zik and never attended his burial ceremony.

You had better go get yourself a history book to read instead of parroting your tale by moonlight stories.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by fasterwell(m): 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
Kagawa10:

Like he was in our naira note? Even Zik, the beautiful harlot who ensured the "no secession clause" was put in our constitution had more honour than your ojukwu.

Ojukwu was a greedy coward who promised not to invade neutral ground yet invaded and attacked the Midwest, Ore and kept on throwing bombs in Lagos. A coward who committed 1 mil of his folks to death while he fled in a woman cloth to abidjan. A fool who would rather his biafran men have enough food to feed just so they could continue the war than ensure his people have food to feed. None of his biafran men looks like people suffering from starvation at the time they surrendered.

A greedy man who's all about annexing people's land without consulting them, he even went as far as to annex the Midwest land which was no part of the then Eastern state and was on the verge of annexing Ondo and Lagos until he met his waterloo and you dare criticise Awolowo who ensured Ore and the Midwest got liberated from the clutches of your greedy warlord? Lol. Even Ojukwu realised that he goofed because he was the one who reneged on his promise by attacking the midwest and ore, not Awolowo. He was even full of praise for Awolowo at the time he died and called him "the best president" Nigeria never had whereas he hated Zik and never attended his burial ceremony.

You had better go get yourself a history book to read instead of parroting your tale by moonlight stories.

You mean the dead naira? Who naira epp?

I am not a pro Biafra or pro Ojukwu but i don't like it when you guys always come here to call Ojukwu all sorts of names for whatever reasons.

If Abiola was wise like Ojukwu he'd probably be alive today but he was so full of himself and believed he can overpower the military but he died trying and his kinsmen traded over his death

Ojukwu was not the only warlord who fled his country because Charles Taylor did it, Ex Gambian leader is currently on exile

You guys should face front and leave Ojukwu alone

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by donjj2004: 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
Bolustical:
Thought Bayelsa is part of Biafra?

Why was he invited for such an important occasion as this?

Nnamdi Kanu and his fellow deluded IPOB yoots will be like grin grin grin

Guy, does it mean u guys are happy with the state of the nation?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by Kagawa10: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
fasterwell:

You mean the dead naira? Who naira epp?

I am not a pro Biafra or pro Ojukwu but i don't like it when you guys always come here to call Ojukwu all sorts of names for whatever reasons.

If Abiola was wise like Ojukwu he'd probably be alive today but he was so full of himself and believed he can overpower the military but he died trying and his kinsmen traded over his death

Ojukwu was not the only warlord who fled his country because Charles Taylor did it, Ex Gambian leader is currently on exile

You guys should face front and leave Ojukwu alone

We call out Ojukwu because the ibos would rather demonise Awolowo who had advised Ojukwu against going into war because the south wasn't ready for it and the fact that Nigerian military men had more of the Northerners than the southerners yet Ojukwu failed to see this but prefer to commit 1 mil ibo to their death.

But rather than call out Ojuwku for his suicide mission, ibos prefer to attack Awolowo who had no option than to join the war when Ojukwu reneged on his promise and started attacking the Midwest, Ore and Lagos. Did you expect Awolowo to sit down and watch all the mess and atrocities committed on his people by the biafra men, considering Ojukwu already promised him that he won't attack Neutral grounds. Even Ojukwu had no grudges against Awolowo after the civil war because he knew Awolowo stood for his people whereas Ojukwu didn't.

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by emolala(m): 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
Deereemah:
Gowon is still breathing while Ojukwu is.... Well, let's leave that story for another day
THIEF....THIEF....u are back again to scam another person wit ur data package abi....well guess what,,,U WILL NOT SUCCED...until u return back my 1500...trust me u will know no rest...This GUY Is A SCAMMER. ANY BODY DAT DOSE BUSINESS WIT HIM SHOULD BE READY TO BEAR THE RISK.......MODS DO UR WORK PLEASEI WAS ONCE A VICTIM..BEWARE
Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by chimeee: 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2017
he visit bayesa and so, he came to anambra the other day and so, hmmm oh, some people don dey run mad small.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by KahlDrogo(m): 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Choi, this thing pain am reach marrow.

As in, e really pepper am.
Reach him bone marrow. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by fasterwell(m): 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2017
Kagawa10:

We call out Ojukwu because the ibos would rather demonise Awolowo who had advised Ojukwu against going into war because the south wasn't ready for it and the fact that Nigerian military men had more of the Northerners than the southerners yet Ojukwu failed to see this but prefer to commit 1 mil ibo to their death.

But rather than call out Ojuwku for his suicide mission, ibos prefer to attack Awolowo who had no option than to join the war when Ojukwu reneged on his promise and started attacking the Midwest, Ore and Lagos. Did you expect Awolowo to sit down and watch all the mess and atrocities committed on his people by the biafra men, considering Ojukwu already promised him that he won't attack Neutral grounds. Even Ojukwu had no grudges against Awolowo after the civil war because he knew Awolowo stood for his people whereas Ojukwu didn't.

Two can not work together unless they agreed to it.

If my Igbo brothers are demonizing Awolowo for whatever role he played during the war, just ignore the person and he or she will get tired one day and move on .

Let me tell the truth which i believe was the reason behind the attack on Awolowo by the Igbos because it is widely believed that Awolowo was the brain behind the defeat of Biafra.

Almost all the strategies used by Gowon was believed to have been masterminded by Awolowo which led to death of many due to starvation and diseases.

My father and my uncle both lost all the money they had in banks before the war. Infact my uncle died on his way to Lagos because of that money.

So before you blame the Igbos, try and know why they are not happy with Awolowo
Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by TheKingdom: 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
Bolustical:
The ever bitter ones will never get anything meaningful,

The Hausas moved past the killing of Sardauna and Tafawa Balewa,

The Yorubas moved past the denial of Abiola mandate, they got what they wanted,

The Ijaws, though deeply marginalized, saw the need to build to bridges of friendship,

And at last, they got a five year presidency,

The Rwandans have moved pass the 1994 genocide and today is a top investment destination in Africa,

I implore our brothers to keep on hating others while others keep moving,

The much NW and NC they often deride beat them hands down in IGR index,

Please keep hating.

What international hospital of repute or airport or university or financial district did they as a "PEOPLE" get?

Was OBJ a "Yoruba" president or transform even Ogun state into Dubai?

NONSENSE and LOCAL reasoning, kin to the Nigger Area
Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by chimeee: 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
i sense childishness, even if obj want to come to anambra, governor obiano will receive him and even throw welcome party to him, but did that change anything. some people need to grow up or maybe u are a child I guess.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
chimeee:
he visit bayesa and so, he came to anambra the other day and so, hmmm oh, some people don dey run mad small.

when was that?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by slimfit1(m): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ask him why he gave part of our country to Cameroon not OBJ.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by Dedetwo(m): 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
Kagawa10:

There are no doubts most Nigerians are moronically dull but to be intellectually dead is beyond the pale of comprehension. The last time I checked though, the defunct midwestern and western regions were integral part of Nigeria under Gowon that attacked eastern region. In addition, the governors of the aforementioned regions supported Gowon and were in locked steps with the defunct northern region. I guess you are foolishly lost on the dates accoding to English calendar. The western region provided the comfort zone for Gowon and soldiers from northern region. The Ejoor and Midwestern region provided the men, materials and training ground in Excravos, Midwestern region where LGO was nursed into 3MCDO. I hate to educate dumbass Nigerians but for the posterity sake, I shall call you silly attentions on the month of June 26, 1968 when 3MCDO under Adekunle launched amphibious attack against eastern region from Excravos, midwestern region. There were several such attacks launched by Gowon, Ejoor, Adebayo and Adekunle from Excravos and Lagos that Ubani (Boony) was captured about July 6, 1968.

Biafra retaliated with its thrust into midwestern region with aim to flush Gowon out of Lagos in western region in August 8, 1968. I guess if you have human intellect you can deduce that midwestern and western regions were not neutral since the regions provided men, material and launching pads for attacks against eastern region. You could seek the help of a toddler so that you can discern that both the months of June and July proceeded the month of August. Again, you are one of the reasons IPOB are hellishly bent on the actualization of Biafra or Republic of Igbo land. Who would want a goat as a compatriot?

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by salford1: 9:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
Dedetwo:
Please visit the young girl that was covered with crude oil while trying her hands on bunkering. I guess Gowon's kids are in London and Washington, DC studying on Nigerian scholarship while the Ijo girl awaits the cancer.
while Asari dokubo, tomlolo, e.t.c enjoy in their mansion.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by Kagawa10: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2017
fasterwell:

Two can not work together unless they agreed to it.

If my Igbo brothers are demonizing Awolowo for whatever role he played during the war, just ignore the person and he or she will get tired one day and move on .

Let me tell the truth which i believe was the reason behind the attack on Awolowo by the Igbos because it is widely believed that Awolowo was the brain behind the defeat of Biafra.

Almost all the strategies used by Gowon was believed to have been masterminded by Awolowo which led to death of many due to starvation and diseases.

My father and my uncle both lost all the money they had in banks before the war. Infact my uncle died on his way to Lagos because of that money.

So before you blame the Igbos, try and know why they are not happy with Awolowo

Awolowo joined the war after Ojukwu attacked the Midwest and Ore, not forgetting about the incessant bombing in Lagos by biafra. Awolowo had to interfere at that stage because he couldn't watch his people who weren't even part of the war in the first place yet Ojuwku kept on dragging Yorubas into the war by attacking us to make us feel the war and you expect Awolowo to fold his hand?

Besides, during the war, Nigeria through Awolowo consistently sent food relief to the ibos but the food relief were constantly hijacked by the biafra army to feed their men so as to continue the war. Awolowo kept on wandering why there was starvation in the east when food were constantly sent to them until he eventually found out about biafra hijacking these food reliefs. Eventually, he had no option than to stop sending these food relief because he was of the belief that if he stopped sending the food relief, the biafra men would stop fighting when they have nothing to eat and that will quickly end the starvation of the people. According to him and I quote "We can't continue to feed the enemies, I.e, the biafra army)" and thanks to him, it wasn't even up to a month after the food relief was stopped, the biafra men who didn't want to surrender at first, surrendered.

That's why we often call Ojuwku a coward. He and his men couldn't continue to live on empty stomachs yet expected his people to continue to live on empty stomach for the duration of the fight, even while the war drags on. As far as I'm concerned, Ojukwu and his biafra men fought no war rather it was the ibo people who fought the war, they were the survivors because despite the fact that they starved, they fought for their survival whereas Ojukwu and his men suffered no starvation.

Although the 20 pound policy was executed by Awolowo, he wasn't the one behind the policy. The policy was already planned and agreed upon in the house of assembly which Awolowo wasn't part of, all Awolowo had to do was to execute the policy because he was the minister of finance at the time. Moreover, ibo men who claimed to have money in the banks were asked to provide bank statement/details to prove their claim. Some were able to produce their bank details which proved their claim of money and reclaimed their money, like Ojukwu did with his money whereas some weren't able to, hence the 20 pounds policy. You don't expect banks to start giving whatever money every dick and harry claimed to have in the bank without any proof of it, right? Moreover, 20 pounds was a lot of money then.

The point is, it was not only the ibos that suffered during the war. Just as the ibo suffered casualties, there were also casualties in Lagos where biafra's incessant bombing was felt (the cinema house that was bombed is an example), the Midwest whom biafra army attacked, raped and looted and the attack on Ore. There were also loss among the soldiers, especially the battalions who drowned in river Niger after Biafra army severed the bridge. Hence, many people suffered casualties during the war yet the ibos always try to paint it as if they were the only ones who suffered casualties which isn't true.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by Kagawa10: 10:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
Dedetwo:

There are no doubts most Nigerians are moronically dull but to be intellectually dead is beyond the pale of comprehension. The last time I checked though, the defunct midwestern and western regions were integral part of Nigeria under Gowon that attacked eastern region. In addition, the governors of the aforementioned regions supported Gowon and were in locked steps with the defunct northern region. I guess you are foolishly lost on the dates accoding to English calendar. The western region provided the comfort zone for Gowon and soldiers from northern region. The Ejoor and Midwestern region provide the men, materials and training ground in Excravos, Midwestern region where LGO was nursed into 3MCDO. I hate to educate dumbass Nigerians but for the posterity sake, I shall call you silly attentions on the month of June 26, 1968 when 3MCDO under Adekunle launched amphibious attack against eastern region from Excravos, midwestern region. There were several such attacks launched by Gowon, Ejoor, Adebayo and Adekunle from Excravos and Lagos that Ubani (Boony) was captured about July 6, 1968.

Biafra retaliated with its thrust into midwestern region with aim to flush Gowon out of Lagos in western region in August 8, 1968. I guess if you have human intellect you can deduce that midwestern and western regions were not neutral since the regions provided men, material and launching pads for attacks against eastern region. You could seek the help of a toddler so that you can discern that both the months of June and July proceeded the month of August. Again, you are one of the reasons IPOB are hellishly bent on the actualization of Biafra or Republic of Igbo land. Who would want a goat as a compatriot?

Yet the North keep accusing Awolowo of being on the side of Ojukwu before he switched side with Nigeria, based on the fact that he asked the North military men to leave Lagos? Why did Awolowo ask the North and their military to leave Lagos if he wanted to be part of the war?

It was only after Ojukwu attacked the Midwest, Ore as well as the incessant bombing in Lagos did Awolowo join the war! Which leaders sit and fold hands while his people are being attacked in a war they weren't part of, in the first place?

And when did biafra invade the midwest? 1967! Yet you eediot is talking about an event in 1968 after Nigeria regained the Midwest region from biafra?

Old Dede, you're suffering from dementia.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Rule 21
CC mynd44 lalasticlala seun oam4j obinoscopy
rule 21 ko? Psalm 21 ni?
he who laugh last, laugh best.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Received By Governor Dickson As He Visits Bayelsa State (Photos) by clarocuzioo(m): 10:38am On Jul 14, 2017
Bolustical:
The ever bitter ones will never get anything meaningful,

The Hausas moved past the killing of Sardauna and Tafawa Balewa,

The Yorubas moved past the denial of Abiola mandate, they got what they wanted,

The Ijaws, though deeply marginalized, saw the need to build to bridges of friendship,

And at last, they got a five year presidency,

The Rwandans have moved pass the 1994 genocide and today is a top investment destination in Africa,

I implore our brothers to keep on hating others while others keep moving,

The much NW and NC they often deride beat them hands down in IGR index,

Please keep hating.

The Igbos have moved on and that's why they are the most successful tribe in this country despite what they went through, but we will never cease to point out the abnormalities in the structure and identifying our true enemies, Ojukwu went to Aburi for Nigeria to be restructured over 50 years ago, they initiated war and killed over 3 million Igbos, today everybody is clamouring for restructuring,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cede Ticket To The South, Or Be Ready To Lose Our Support- SS PDP Govs To PDP / Akpabio’s Senate Presidency Will Spell Doom For The North – ACF / Tinubu: New Minimum Wage Will Be Fair, Implementable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.