Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog (3319 Views)

How To Add Push Notifications To Blogger Blogs For Free / How To Add Web Push Notification To Blogger Blog / Add Push Notifications To Blogger Blogs FREE With Onesignal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by CelestineC(m): 1:23am On Jul 13, 2017
Today is this guide, I’m going to  show you how to add push notification to your  WordPress blog in a few easy steps.

Adding push notification feature can go a long way to increase your engagement and reach with your blog readers: how? Good question.

Here is how…

By sending your blog readers a real time updates of new posts or perhaps products once their system is connected to the internet.

So What Is Push Notification?

A push notification can be defined as a type of message that pops up on a mobile device or desktop.

Did you know you may be well living obviously surrounded by push notifications? Yes!

You get them every time a family member, your friend or perhaps your spouse sends you a message on WhatsApp or even tags you in a photo on Facebook etc

As a matter of fact without push notifications won’t be instant messengers neither  will  there be social media platforms. Yes I know right! How boring the world would be without those.

A Push Notification Comes In Two Different Forms

Mobile Push Notification:  This is typically as the name implies, notifications you receive on your mobile. It is an App based notification. An App owner can send you messages anytime or set it to automatically notify subscribers of new offers.

Desktop Push Notification: This on the other hand, is designed for desktop applications. Big brands like Badoo, Facebook, Google, Twitter and even WordPress sites like shoutmeloud etc all integrated this powerful  marketing tool. This should tell you how valuable push notification is.

Why Push Notification?

There are a lot of reasons why you should add you push notification feature to your blog/website.. Some of the reasons  I have outlined below

It helps you get your readers attention in a disruptive manner:

This in my own opinion is the top reason for integrating push notification into your business. Of a truth, the major advantage that a push notification gives to desktops and apps managers is the ability to notify their users/subscribers of new products, good/services or even new updates.

Your blog readers or users must typically opt-in to receive a push notification from your blog. However, subscribers can normally also deactivate or unsubscribe if they don’t feel comfortable.

Other importance of push notification include but not limited to the following;

It helps you convert on unknown site visitors or app users to potential customers.

Push notifications are  user friendly , easy to manage and effective.

It can help you improve customers experience.

You can also use the analytics on push notification for marketing. Reason been that they give you an insight of customers behavior and reaction.

Tip: Although push notifications drive traffics and increase your blog engagement, they should neither be frequent nor too sparse.

Steps To Add Push Notification To Your WordPress Blog

Follow this outlined steps below…

1 On your WordPress dashboard, navigate to “Plugins”

Click on “Add New”

In the search box, type “OneSignal”

Click Install and then click “Activate”

Complete guide with screenshots can be found here

Regards

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by CelestineC(m): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2017
Learn how to add push notification to your blog. It's quite simple
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by felaliveson: 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
Following.. can I have your number ?
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by CelestineC(m): 9:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
felaliveson:
Following.. can I have your number ?

Write me a mail...
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 26, 2017
I hate that stuff
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by Victorakats(m): 7:02am On Jul 26, 2017
Great

1 Like

Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by ITbomb(m): 7:04am On Jul 26, 2017
Simply say "How to add 'Do not Allow' button on your blog" cos I never gonna allow shiit on my browser

1 Like

Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by kingrt2(m): 7:09am On Jul 26, 2017
Check out my own site @ signature
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by Appdriod: 7:09am On Jul 26, 2017
ITbomb:
Simply say "How to add 'Do not Allow' button on your blog" cos I never gonna allow shiit on my browser

Same here.
Notifications are intrusive
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by RuddyFusion(m): 7:12am On Jul 26, 2017
I saw this and have tested it myself

Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by Preciousojoka(m): 7:13am On Jul 26, 2017
Baba what about blogger?
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by RuddyFusion(m): 7:14am On Jul 26, 2017
OK..

Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:20am On Jul 26, 2017
ITbomb:
What do you mean, bro? I have something similar on my blog www.mortalpoet.com

1 Like

Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by Heromaniaa: 7:51am On Jul 26, 2017
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by GetHelpWorldwid: 8:08am On Jul 26, 2017
Any site that tries to push notifications to my browsers, I'll simply click on "Do not allow"
Goodluck.
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by salesforce: 9:01am On Jul 26, 2017
Ok
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 26, 2017
the easiest way to do that more secure is using third party notification direct to your app, by third party I mean Google, WordPress etc, allowing just any plug in on your blog or website not safe, plus intrusive.

another much simpler and easiest way is inapp notification, its the safest,cheapest and unfailing plus does not rely on network service.

there is also background web scrapping, very expensive n consumes data, your users would just be frowning whenever your app comes on, cause of the data your app would consume.

all this are safer method n short cut, if your rich you could also build a rest API for your website, to handle all this. not a joke sites like YouTube, Amazon,WordPress, jumia blah blah blah use this.
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 26, 2017
Afi push notification. is it uc browser or opera that will show the push notification option? it works mostly on desktop. dont stress yourself, the world is going mobile. enable features that will benefit your mobile readers.
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by dogstyle007(m): 9:56am On Jul 26, 2017
Nice

1 Like

Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by leksmedia: 9:58am On Jul 26, 2017
I would not advise push notification on an upcoming site , it can really be annoying to the users and can discourage users from your site.

Anyways it has its own advantages too but don't abuse it. For your website design visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by CelestineC(m): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
Victorakats:
Great
May I ask why?
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by CelestineC(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
ITbomb:
Yeah I get your point

However in my opinion, must case's it depends on how frequently the site is updated

If you find a site useful and you notice they update say twice or thrice in a day. Wouldn't you subscribe to receive notification?
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by CelestineC(m): 2:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
What do you mean, bro? I have something similar on my blog www.mortalpoet.com

Nice
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by CelestineC(m): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2017
Appdriod:

Same here.
Notifications are intrusive

Noted..
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by CelestineC(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
RuddyFusion:
I saw this and have tested it myself

Hello RuddyFusion

What do you think about push notification?
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by CelestineC(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2017
Preciousojoka:
Baba what about blogger?

I will research and get back to you!

You may search for pushcrew and how to add it on blogger on Big G
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by CelestineC(m): 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
kingrt2:
Check out my own site @ signature

Awesome concept
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by CelestineC(m): 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
leksmedia:
I would not advise push notification on an upcoming site , it can really be annoying to the users and can discourage users from your site.

Anyways it has its own advantages too but don't abuse it. For your website design visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

An upcoming blog or site can still use it, it depends on how frequently you post, beside you can limit the number of posts to push by day..
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by RuddyFusion(m): 3:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
CelestineC:

Hello RuddyFusion
A no no if your site has nothing useful to offer
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by RuddyFusion(m): 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
CelestineC:

Hello RuddyFusion
Re: How To Add Push Notification To Your Blog by CelestineC(m): 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
RuddyFusion:

Yes you right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niit's Mms Software Engineering / How Do I Charge For Ecommerce Product Upload? / ~~~how Do I Integrate Live Radio Broadcast Into A Website~~~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.