Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,185 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (583922 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 12:29am On Jul 20, 2017
I am not a frequent visitor to Nairaland. It was my friend that brought it to my attention, a few years back. After thinking about it for a while, I joined. Once in a while, I stop by & look in. Yesterday, my friend sent me a link to this thread, and I was impressed by everything I read. So I decided to chip in my 2 cents.

To those who have worked tirelessly to put all this info together - thank you. Edumare will bless you. He will make all things work together, for your own good.

To those who have made comments, and shown support by hitting the 'like' button - thanks, too. Oluwa Oba awon Oba will support you all.

To those who have brought this thread to the attention of others by pressing the 'share' button, Olowogbogboro will spread His divine goodness among you. May you never encounter a challenge greater than your capacity, that will cause you to run from pillar to post, seeking solutions.

And to the mods who banned my friend Laudate, don't forget - Dia ris God, o!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 20, 2017
MrMaestro:

Here I was actually liking their Half of a Yellow Sun movie only because of it's stunning cinematography. Only to now find out that the director was actually Yoruba. Of course, how could I have been so blind.

God has blessed there Yorubas, may he continue to do so.
Yes o
Also, the fact that Gone Too Far was directed by Ekaragha could be misleading. But I remembered the movie made it to the London Film Festival and was written by Bola Agbaje, an Omoluabi.

Bifwoli:
This thread is both tribally chauvinistic and blindly skewed Lol.

Quite a few other African tribes all over the continent can similarly lay claim to "greatest and most intelligent tribe" in Africa .
It makes no sense that you accuse us of chauvinism. Your brothers have been making the same claims for years without proof, just the usual "Ibos are the best hustlers" nonsense.

Ibos are the best hustlers sotey of the top 10 richest Nigerians, 4 are Yorùbá, 3 are Hausa and 3 are Igbo

Ibos are the best hustlers sotey Folorunsho Alakija and Bola Shagaya are the ONLY two Nigerians in the top richest women category. No single Ibo woman in that category.

Enough with the empty lies and arrogance

Awon omoluabi ju yin lo, t'ijakadi ko. Sit down and be humble

10 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Decksaltedxx: 12:59am On Jul 20, 2017
[s]
TundeBricklayer:

Kai! Adunola House is an Architecture who designed in collaboration with Pieach limited he is not the owner of the building stop deceiving your poor people who don't know how to use google, same way you claim Architect Oluwole Olumuyiwa owns Eko hotel, Eko hotel was designed by architect Oluwole Olumuyiwa in collaboration with Americans it's owned by Chagoury Group
[/s]

Illiterate, you are so pained that you alone posted with more than 8 handles on this thread. No way to post your deposit nonsense, reason you have been crying everyday. FK081 Aka Ilovemystate, , e.t.c

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by OAUTemitayo: 3:49am On Jul 20, 2017
TimJackJsm:
Where and when can I meet you in OAU sir? I will explain all, if we could meet.
Buzz me on my digit. I am free from 3PM. Check my signature
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:16am On Jul 20, 2017

KOLAWOLE B. JAMODU

Chairman of PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc.

Chief Jamodu was appointed to the Board of Directors as a Non-Executive Director effective the 1st of March, 2006 and became the Chairman of the Board of Directors effective the 1st of January, 2008. He is a chartered accountant, an industrialist and a former Minister of Industry of the Federal Government of Nigeria. He was re-appointed as Chairman of PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc. in 2014 after a previous stint as Chairman and Group Chief Executive of the PZ Group. He is a former Chairman of Universal Trust Bank Plc. He is the immediate past President of the Manufacturers’ Association of Nigeria (MAN) and sits on the Board of United Bank for Africa Plc. Jamodu is again a member of the National Economic Management Team headed by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

[b]Nigerian finance director of Paterson Zochonis Group of Companies, (PZ), the first Nigerian managing director of a trading subsidiary of PZ, and the first Nigerian chairman and CEO of PZ for 10 years. He joined PZ in 1975, where he recorded a number of achievements. His expertise lies in the areas of accounting, finance and management. He has had a long spanning career with PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc.
He has been the chairman of Nigerian Breweries Plc since January 1, 2008 and has been its None-Executive Director since March 1, 2006. He has been the None-Executive Chairman of PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc since November 1, 2014. He was also the chairman of Universal Trust Bank Plc until February 2001, when he was appointed Minister of Industry by the federal government, under former President Olusegun Obasanjo. He has been a Director of United Bank for Africa Plc since January 9, 2007. He served as a Director of AshakaCem Plc until March 10, 2015.
He served as a Director of Honeywell Flour Mills Plc from 2004 to July 15, 2011. He is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, Nigeria (IMA) in 1977, the Chartered Institute of Accountants in 1977 and the institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) in 1968. He was the first Nigerian Chairman/CEO of Paterson Zochonis Group of Companies.[/b] He is an alumnus of the Harvard Business School, USA and a fellow of several professional institutes, including the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, London, Chartered Institute of Secretaries, Chartered Institute of Taxation and Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria.
He is a recipient of the national honours of Member of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (MFR), Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (OFR) and a recipient of the National Productivity Merit Award - adjudged the most Productive Chief Executive. He is also an alumnus of Harvard Business School, Boston, Mass. USA from 1986 to 1987.

http://authorityngr.com/2015/12/The-Authority-Icon--KOLAWOLE-BABALOLA-JAMODU/

http://theyesng.com/meet-the-most-powerful-people-at-nigerian-breweries/

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:19am On Jul 20, 2017

MOSUN BELO-OLUSOGA, CHAIRMAN, ACCESS BANK

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:20am On Jul 20, 2017

RONKE ONADEKO, CEO, DELTR ENERGY

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:21am On Jul 20, 2017

IBIDUN AJAYI-IGHODALO, CEO, ELIZABETH R

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:23am On Jul 20, 2017

NIMI AKINKUGBE, CEO, BESTMAN GAMES

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:25am On Jul 20, 2017

MO ABUDU, EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN & CEO, EBONYLIFE TV

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:26am On Jul 20, 2017

BIOLA ALABI, FOUNDER AND MANAGING PARTNER BIOLA ALABI MEDIA

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:27am On Jul 20, 2017

FUNKE BUCKNOR-OBRUTHE,CEO, ZAPPHIRE EVENTS

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:28am On Jul 20, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:33am On Jul 20, 2017

Alimotu Pelewura -The Uneducated Fish Seller Who Fought For Women’s Right To Vote And Against Taxation

[b]Alimotu Pelewura was the woman who led the Lagos Market Women’s Association in its struggles for women’s right to vote and against taxation during the colonial era.

Even though Pelewura was an uneducated fish seller, she greatly influenced decisions to the favor of her fellow market women. During the colonial era, she paid clerks and hired lawyers to represent them in their struggles. She wielded so much power that she became a source of concern to the British officials.

As a result of her influence, market women exercised a great deal of control over the markets, decided on locations, fixed prices, provided for upkeep, and gave loans to members.

Pelewura, together with other market women strongly protested the price control plan popularly known as the Pullen scheme named after its director, Captain A.P. Pullen.

She also worked with several nationalist parties as well as the Nigerian National Democratic Party and, in 1938, she served in the Nigerian Union of Young Democrats. In 1945, during a major general strike, market women in support of the striking worker reduced the prices of goods.

In 1947, she was given the title of ‘Erelu,’ for representing the interests of women.

She died in 1951 and thousands of people gathered at her burial.[/b]

http://woman.ng/2017/06/brief-history-alimotu-pelewura-uneducated-fish-seller-fought-womens-right-vote-taxation/

Wonder pioneer and pace setter.

Wonder touch of history.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:37am On Jul 20, 2017

Mariatu Turay

Mariatu Turay is London based fashion designer and owner of Gitas Portal, a brand which wants women to stand out, be bold and win in all areas of their lives. Born in London and raised in Freetown, Mariatu was forced to leave Sierra Leone at age 16 due to the Civil War, her father was a government official and her family was targeted.

She moved to the USA and started working as a hair braider at the age of 16 in a salon to make ends meet for her family. She then learnt secretarial and office skills as a way into corporate America. By the time Mariatu returned to the UK, her entrepreneurial spirit was fully fledged and she used her hairdressing skills to pay her way through university.

After brief periods of homelessness in the US and the UK she found her way back on track: “My family life and dreams were interrupted overnight – I went from having a good life to having nothing. No one in their right mind wants to be homeless and face the uncertainty of having nothing. The trauma is on all levels but I never lost my way at the most challenging of times. Always knew with hard work and kindness I’d make it.” – Mariatu Turay

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:43am On Jul 20, 2017

Oluwatoyin Onigbanjo, Founder Of August Secrets

Oluwatoyin Onigbanjo is the founder of August Secrets, an online healthy baby and toddler food solutions company.

She is a wife and a mother of 2 children and has a Masters degree in International Affairs from the University of Lagos and a Diploma in Child Nutrition (in view).

Augustsecrets Nigeria provide 100% natural, homemade cereals for the Nigerian child and recently launched a book; Augustsecrets Meal Plan Book.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:49am On Jul 20, 2017

Morin Oluwole

Chief of Staff Facebook Global Marketing

Morin Oluwole works at Facebook France, where she manages Facebook and Instagram’s global luxury client partnerships.

She was formerly the Business Lead to the VP of Global Marketing Solutions at Facebook in New York where she was responsible for developing strategic business solutions that aid in managing top client and agency relationships.

She joined Facebook in September 2006 and has focused on Product Marketing (Facebook Pages), Global Partnerships (fashion/luxury), and Digital Advertising.

Morin has been in Facebook for over 7 years when it was a small start-up of 200 people and 8 million people and now a global presence with 2 billion people.

From working in operations to product marketing; Morin moved to the public content team and spent several years building the media and public figure partnerships in the lifestyle and luxury fashion industry.

This makes one wonder how a bachelor and masters degrees holder in human biology and sociology from Stanford University transitioned into the technology and marketing fields.

As a young girl, Morin had the dreams of being a doctor, but while working the overnight shift as an intern at the emergency room, she realized she wanted to do something more than confining herself to the four walls of a hospital.

So, she decided to explore an opportunity at Facebook which would align with her sociology degree and this has helped her build great relationships with people in different industries.

Her role in Facebook is global, so, it makes her a well-travelled and exposed person as she has lived on three continents and speaks four languages-English, Yoruba, Spanish and French.

Asides her work, she manages some of the world’s most successful brands like Michael Kors and American Express.

She also manages her personal project, DAILY BY MORIN, a life and style fashion portal with over 20,000 followers.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 4:52am On Jul 20, 2017
^^^^^^

This beautiful and talented sister speaks 5 languages.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 5:06am On Jul 20, 2017
SONofYORUBA:
Yoruba
Founder of awpnetwork.com

Mary Olushoga is founder of awpnetwork.com, a platform powering small business success for African entrepreneurs. She is a 2015 Vital Voices Global Leadership Fellow, the first-ever GOOD Maker/Oxfam America International Women’s Day Challenge Winner, a Nigeria Leadership Initiative (NLI) Associate, and an Oxfam America Sisters on the Planet Ambassador.

Olushoga received a bachelor’s degree from Union College in Schenectady, New York and a Master of Science degree from Baruch College. She has served as a Public Policy Fellow at the University at Albany, Center for Women in Government and Civil Society and participated in the Sub-Saharan African Women In Public Service Fall Institute. Olushoga has featured on BBC World News, Black Enterprise, iwantherjob.com, AFK Insider, Applause Africa, BET Networks, and has presented her work on women entrepreneurs at the Columbia University Africa Economic Forum, the United States Department of Labor Strategy Meeting on Inclusion, Entrepreneurship, and Disability, W!se Institute, the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women, the United Nations ECOSOC Youth Employment Forum, and the Rockefeller.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 5:09am On Jul 20, 2017
5 Things To Know About Lateefat Oyeleye Abiola – The Best Graduating Medical Student In Ukraine

[img]http://3.bp..com/-m1oEhYHD7dE/WVfuxUZG6gI/AAAAAAAADok/SzS39Jlo__Y-zZd9fL46kfn4jVFaUsPxgCLcBGAs/s1600/1498926587600.jpg[/img]

Interestingly, there is more to know about one of the ladies, Lateefat Oyeleye Abiola.

Lateefat Oyeleye Abiola graduated as the best student in the Ukraine Medical School and there are five things to know about her.

1. Lateefat Oyeleye Abiola, a former student of the Osun State University was sponsored to the Ukrainian university by the government of Governor Rauf Aregbesola, to complete her studies.

2. Lateefat was one of the 85 medical students of the Osun State University, that was stranded and unable to complete their studies after the National Universities Commission in 2012 refused to accredit the course for lack of a medical school.

3. She beat 564 other students with a 95.6 percent score to become the best, not just in her university but all over Ukraine.

4. She was able to continue her Medical studies in 2014, at the Kharkiv National University, Ukraine, when Governor Rauf Aregbesola decided to fully sponsor the 85 students.

5. The school she graduated from, Kharkiv University, is the only university in Ukraine that has produced three Nobel Prize laureates.

http://woman.ng/2017/07/5-things-know-lateefat-oyeleye-abiola-best-graduating-medical-student-ukraine/

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 5:13am On Jul 20, 2017

Adebimpe Daniel

Graduated As The Overall Best In New Jersey University

A Nigerian woman essentially distinguished as Adebimpe Daniels is making rounds online after the news of her topping her graduating set in the United States were accounted for.

Bimpe moved on from the Rutgers University-Newark USA, finishing the 2017 Graduating set with a First Class in Information System. Online reports has it that she completed as the general best understudy in the 2017 graduating set at the New Jersey University.

http://stargist.com/cover/adebimpe-daniels-graduates-as-the-overall-best-in-new-jersey-university/

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 5:16am On Jul 20, 2017
deomello:

MO ABUDU, EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN & CEO, EBONYLIFE TV
Mosunmola Abudu is arguably the first woman on the African continent to own a pan-African TV channel called EbonyLife TV. According to reports, “the channel is worth N2billion.” EbonyLife TV is a channel on DSTV which has over 15million viewers in 44 countries including United Kingdom and United States of America. It has strong backing by Cross Rivers State government. This is in line with the state government’s strategy for development.

EbonyLife TV is helping to build a thriving Film, TV and Music industry through strong international partnerships, that can develop local talent and empower the next generation, by building an Entertainment and Media hub at Tinapa, that would represent Nigeria as well as Africa. Another powerful move which the channel has made is acquisition of the services of 13 independent producers to produce film content for TV, a project which a film expert estimates will cost about N2.5 million per production. As a producer, her recent films such as 'Fifty', and 'The Wedding Party,' were really successful at the box office, and they boosted her financial and professional credibility, substantially.
Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/mo-abudu-pies-made-rich/

@deomello, thank you so very much!
@Laudate, this is one of your favourite icons!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 5:17am On Jul 20, 2017

Angel Adelaja

Bringing Remarkable Solutions To Agricultural Challenges In Nigeria

Although the focus of the government is to invest in the agricultural sector, the many challenges related to that sector seems insurmountable, especially as the issue of climate change has become a global concern.

Interestingly, Angel Adelaja is proffering solutions to these challenges through vertical farming and hydroponics innovations.

Angel created a revolutionary stackable container farm, using shipping containers, that is the most affordable in the world and they are made in Nigeria!

To make the agricultural sector easily accessible to all, Angel co-founded WE FARM, an agricultural NGO that focuses on collectively ensuring a better future for Africa through sustainable agriculture.

SHARES
ShareTweet it!

Credit: abujaglobalshapers.org

Although the focus of the government is to invest in the agricultural sector, the many challenges related to that sector seems insurmountable, especially as the issue of climate change has become a global concern.

Interestingly, Angel Adelaja is proffering solutions to these challenges through vertical farming and hydroponics innovations.

Angel created a revolutionary stackable container farm, using shipping containers, that is the most affordable in the world and they are made in Nigeria!

To make the agricultural sector easily accessible to all, Angel co-founded WE FARM, an agricultural NGO that focuses on collectively ensuring a better future for Africa through sustainable agriculture.

She also founded FRESH DIRECT NIGERIA, an indigenous agricultural production and processing company that bring together communities and advanced technology to provide exquisitely grown organic fruits, vegetables and meats and processed end products.

SEE ALSO: Do You Cook Your MoinMoin In Cellophane? Then This Message Will Break Your Heart

In an interview with The Nation, Angel Adelaja shares more about FRESH DIRECT NIGERIA;

Fresh Direct Nigeria is city farming using stackable container farms! We bring fresh premium organic produce closer to market with our Container Farm Technology.

Using hydroponics and vertical farming within a shipping container, our Container Farms are able to grow directly in urban areas. This means that production is brought closer to market or at the market with ease.

We are developing and managing Urban Farm Campuses as Nigeria’s first truly “urban farm” with our Fresh Direct Container Farms. Eco Friendly Agriculture using less land and water but guaranteeing 15 times higher yield!

http://woman.ng/2017/06/meet-angel-adelajathe-woman-bringing-solutions-agricultural-challenges-nigeria-including-climate-change/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 5:18am On Jul 20, 2017
CeterisXVII:

@deomello, thank you so very much!
@Laudate, this is one of your favourite icons!

smiley smiley
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 5:23am On Jul 20, 2017

Adeola Olubamiji

Adeola Olubamiji Is The First Black Woman To Bag A PhD In Biomedical Engineering From University of Saskatchewan, Canada

[b]Attended OOU and studied Physics. Because I had a 2.1, it opened the door for me to proceed to Finland for a Masters Degree in Biomedical Engineering. During this masters degree, I worked part-time as a cleaner and did this after my Masters as well. Out of determination, I applied to over 100 schools for my Ph.D. and finally got a full 3-year scholarship (later extended to 4 years scholarship) at University of Saskatchewan, Canada to pursue a Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering.

While in that Ph.D. program, I worked part-time as a makeup artist, teaching assistant, braided hair and fix weaves to make extra money. Today I walked the stage as the first black person to bag a Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering from University of Saskatchewan, Canada!!! I walked this stage for you Mama Africa and for my Motherland Nigeria!!! I walked the stage for all of you black women disrespected and looked down on!!!!

I walked for all of you from my ghetto hood “Mokola”, Ibadan. I walked for all OSU students and ex-students that got that look from people who think we are not brilliant!! I walked for all of you Africans in Finland wondering what is next for you!!

Especially, I walked for you my parents, siblings and extended family in fulfillment of your dreams! Especially, I walked the stage for you my late sister Omoleye Olubamiji and my late mentor Ayodele Olatunbosun. Today I walked for my future husband and my unborn children who patiently waited for me to fulfill my dreams so that he can have a wife he will be proud of and they can have a role model to look up to.[/b]

I walked for all immigrants and all young adults who strive every day chasing their dreams!!! I walked in celebration of the unfailing love of my first and one truly true love Jesus Christ (in you I walk in you I live and in you, I have had and will continue to have my being)!!!

Be bold, be innovative, be different, be you, be everything you want to be but remember to put God first!!! Let no man, upbringing, money, circumstance, colorism, past mistakes, institution, company, partner, background, let nothing tell you-you can’t do it. Go smart! Go hard!! Go for Gold!!! Go with God!!! Just Get

http://woman.ng/2017/06/adeola-olubamiji-first-black-woman-bag-phd-biomedical-engineering-university-saskatchewan-canada/

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 5:26am On Jul 20, 2017

A 29-year old Nigerian woman, Opeyemi Odutemowo recently bagged a Ph.D degree in Nuclear Physics from the University of Pretoria, South Africa.

Opeyemi, after her BSc program in Applied Physics proceeded to the University of Pretoria for her masters program and there she continued her studies in physics.

Her MSc dissertation focused on the modification of glassy carbon under stronitium implantation.

Her Ph.D thesis investigated the effects of fission product bombardment on glassy carbon, as Opeyemi aims to provide soultions that will help generate cleaner and safer electricity in Africa, especially Nigeria.

Growing up without stable electricity in Nigeria, Opeyemi felt the need to do something about it, hence, her passion for physics.

In a chat with woman.ng, she said,

“The study is about finding a way to store nuclear waste generated from nuclear power plants. I hope that with studies like this, Nigeria will be willing to add nuclear as one of our ways of generating power. No country needs it like we do.”

Asked how many years it would take for Nigeria to have a stable power supply if it invests in nuclear power, Opeyemi said,

“It depends largely on politics/ logistics. About five years I guess.”

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 5:34am On Jul 20, 2017
deomello:

RONKE ONADEKO, CEO, DELTR ENERGY
Ronke Onadeko is the Principal Consultant of DRNL Consult Limited, UK and Delt-R Company Limited, Nigeria. Onadeko is a seasoned businesswoman with over 23 years experience in oil and gas operations, trading, marketing and management. She has complimentary skills in relationship building, strategy, business development and networking. She has served as Country Director and In-country Representative for BNP Paribas in Nigeria since 2005. She advises BNP Paribas and represents the bank's entire service offering, speecifically Corporate & Investment Banking, Asset Management and Wealth Management.

Ms. Onadeko also acts as an Independent Consultant to Facility for Oil Sector Transparency and Accountability ("FOSTER') in Nigeria, an initiative of the UK's Department for International Development (DFID), and as an Agent for international clients in the Energy, power and oil and gas and telecommunication sectors. Ronke Onadeko has been a Director of RAK Unity Petroleum Plc since October 15, 2016.

She is a Fellow of the Archbishop Desmond Tutu Leadership Program and has received numerous awards for her contribution to entrepreneurship and business development. She obtained her Bachelor's Degree in Resource Development from the University of Rhode Island, USA and her MBA from Durham University's Business School in the United Kingdom and the China-Europe International Business School, Shanghai (CEIBS), China. She is an alumna of the Lagos Business School (the Pan African University) and obtained post graduate training at Oxford University's College of Petroleum and Energy Studies. http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=404881726&privcapId=20411992
@deomello, thanks again for putting up such a great photo of this versatile lady. Ronke Onadeko daughter of the late Odemo of Isara, Oba Adebayo Onadeko, also used to work with First Fuels Limited, one of the major oil trading firms in the 90s, owned by Abdulrahman Abdulrazak the son of Alhaji AGF Abdulrazaq, the first Northern lawyer in Nigeria.

She is a serial entrepreneur with a flair for setting up businesses. Her career spans over 26 years, which cuts across other sectors such as finance, telecommunication, food and agriculture. Onadeko is a graduate of Said Business School, Oxford University UK. She is also the country director for the third largest European bank, BNP Paribas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 5:34am On Jul 20, 2017

Dr. Amy Jadesimi, the managing director of LADOL

In an interview with CNN International’s ‘Passion to Portfolio’, Dr. Amy Jadesimi, the managing director of LADOL, spoke on being a disruptor in one of Nigeria’s most competitive sectors and the growth of the company under her leadership.

Jadesimi began running the oil and gas servicing company in 2009, and now manages more than 1000 employees just off the coast of Lagos. Since LADOL was founded in 2001, the company has attracted more than $500 million in investments and is looking to expand into different sectors.
Before joining the family business, Jadesimi received a medical degree from Oxford University, working as an investment banker before attending Stanford Business School, where she would earn an MBA.

Explaining to ‘Passion to Portfolio’ why she returned to Nigeria, Jadesimi says: “I decided to move back to Nigeria after business school because I hadn’t really lived here since I was five years old. At the same time, I knew that I have enough education and experience that I could really add value in the market here. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do, ironically the one thing that I was sure I didn’t want to do was work in oil and gas. When I got involved with LADOL I realised that’s what I have been missing.”

Under her leadership, the company is now planning to enter new sectors such as car manufacturing and education, and Jadesimi hopes her work can help encourage more women to join the industry.

Jadesimi tells CNN: “As a woman working in a male dominated industry, there have been lots of challenges… If you want to be successful in life, do what you love, work hard at it and lastly find a way to integrate it into your life because the journey of achieving your business goal is also the journey of your life.”

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 5:39am On Jul 20, 2017
CeterisXVII:

@deomello, thanks again for putting up that great photo of this versatile lady. Ronke Onadeko daughter of the late Odemo of Isara, Oba Adebayo Onadeko, also used to work with First Fuels Limited, one of the major oil trading firms in the 90s, owned by Abdulrahman Abdulrazak the son of Alhaji AGF Abdulrazaq, the first Northern lawyer in Nigeria.

She is a serial entrepreneur with a flair for setting up businesses. Her career spans over 26 years, which cuts across other sectors such as finance, telecommunication, food and agriculture. Onadeko is a graduate of Said Business School, Oxford University UK. She is also the country director for the third largest European bank, BNP Paribas.

Yoruba women are practically everywhere and in all sectors of our economy from business, to entertainment, education, manufacturing, food, and culture, ICT and media and so on.

What a great eye opener.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 5:40am On Jul 20, 2017
Interesting! Isn't this the 3rd or 4th post about Amy Jadesinmi on this thread?

stevecantrell:
Jadesimi.

A very interesting family.

Amy is an Oxford grad of Medicine

Smith gave his kidney to an Israeli girl.

Ladi (Dad) has another daughter married to the Duke of Weymouth.

Alero (Mum) is the daughter of the famous Okotie-Eboh

Their patriach was Bishop Jadesimi a great Anglican clergyman in the 1970s
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 5:53am On Jul 20, 2017

Abimbola Alale

The Only Female Boss Of A Major Satellite Company In Africa, Europe And The Middle East

Abimbola Alale was appointed as the MD and CEO, Nigeria Communication Satellite Ltd Abuja in 2015. Her love for astronauts took her to the international space university in France where she did her post-graduate studies in both masses and space studies and MBA, space management.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (319) (Reply)

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.