Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,262 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (586162 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by robotix: 5:47am On Aug 08, 2017
laudate:

Thank you so very much! cool For several years, 'Kiss from a Rose' by Seal, was my favourite song. I can't really explain why. Honestly, this post brings back some great memories for me! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwlv0K4h5Pc

Seal was actually born Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel at Paddington General Hospital in Paddington, London, to a Nigerian mother, Adebisi Ogundeji, and a Brazilian father, Francis Samuel. Seal's first and middle names are in the Yoruba language https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_(musician)

I love that song man. So love it.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 8:13am On Aug 08, 2017
TimJackJsm:
Good Evening Everyone!.....

Idobale ni mo wa, modupe pupo Olorun a ma ran yin lowo.Amin.

God bless you for your words of appreciation. All the thanks goes to God! wink The truth is that I really didn't do anything.

And to all those unknown people on this thread that contributed towards his education, may Eledumare always overload you all with multiple blessings, and never allow you to lack any good thing in your life! Honestly, your kindness towards this young man is so touching! cry

OAUTemitayo, am impressed! cheesy You are truly one of a kind! You deployed your Sherlock Holmes skills and ensured that everything was above board. grin

GoldNiagara, honestly you are Godsent to this young man. May Oba awon Oba always give you divine help in your time of need. wink

The Anonymous Donors, you all know yourselves. My prayer is that God's divine provision and preservation will always be your portion, especially the person who made up the rest of this young man's fees. shocked Wow! What a great deed. Like I said earlier, I am truly touched on his behalf. undecided

And TimJackJsm, please read up the story of Prof. Olutoye on this thread. I pray you will excel in the medical field, just as he has done. And when everything works out well for you, please do some one else a favour and help out, as well. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by OAUTemitayo: 8:58am On Aug 08, 2017
laudate:

God bless you for your words of appreciation. All the thanks goes to God! wink The truth is that I really didn't do anything.

And to all those unknown people on this thread that contributed towards his education, may Eledumare always overload you all with multiple blessings, and never allow you to lack any good thing in your life! Honestly, your kindness towards this young man is so touching! cry

OAUTemitayo, am impressed! cheesy You are truly one of a kind! You deployed your Sherlock Holmes skills and ensured that everything was above board. grin

GoldNiagara, honestly you are Godsent to this young man. May Oba awon Oba always give you divine help in your time of need. wink

The Anonymous Donors, you all know yourselves. My prayer is that God's divine provision and preservation will always be your portion, especially the person who made up the rest of this young man's fees. shocked Wow! What a great deed. Like I said earlier, I am truly touched on his behalf. undecided

And TimJackJsm, please read up the story of Prof. Olutoye on this thread. I pray you will excel in the medical field, just as he has done. And when everything works out well for you, please do some one else a favour and help out, as well. Cheers!
It's an honour getting a mention from you sir.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by veraponpo(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2017
mercyville:

Lekan Babalola too...WOW... cheesy Yoruba must have up to 15 grammy awards while the Igbos our junior brothers do not have 1..Choi

If it is about Grammy, there is also Sade Adu ( Sade Omo Ibadan).

She has a number of Grammy awards under her sleeves too.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by GoldNiagara(m): 9:52am On Aug 08, 2017
laudate:

Amen sir and may God also continue to honour you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by GoldNiagara(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ( / ˌædeɪˈwɑːleɪ
ˌækᵻˈnuː.eɪ ɑːɡˈbɑːdʒeɪ/ ; born 22 August 1967) is an English-American actor and former fashion model of Yoruba descent. He is best known for his roles as Lock-Nah in
The Mummy Returns , Nykwana Wombosi in
The Bourne Identity, Mr. Eko on Lost , and
Simon Adebisi on Oz . His more recent roles include Malko [1] in the fifth season of the
HBO series Game of Thrones, providing the voice to the title character on the animated series Major Lazer, [2] Dave Duerson in the NFL biopic drama Concussion, [3] and Killer Croc in Suicide Squad.
Akinnuoye-Agbaje is set to make his directorial debut on Farming, a semi-autobiographical film based on his childhood. [4]
Early life and career
Akinnuoye-Agbaje was born in Islington , London, to Nigerian parents of Yoruba origin, who were students in the UK. He is fluent in several languages, including Yoruba, Italian, and Swahili. He can "get along" in a few other languages, including French. [citation needed ] When he was only six weeks old, his biological parents gave him up to a white working-class family in Tilbury. This was a common practise in this era among Nigerian families, when parents sent young children to live in the UK with white foster parents in the hopes their children would have better lives. [4][5] His foster parents had at least ten African children, including Akinnuoye-Agbaje's two sisters, living in their house at certain points. His foster father made a living as a lorry driver and struggled to support the family financially. [6]
Akinnuoye-Agbaje at a Red Cross benefit at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, 28 February 2007
When he was eight years old, his biological parents brought him back to Nigeria but, as he was unable to speak the Yoruba language and forbidden by his parents to speak
English, he was returned to Tilbury shortly thereafter. The brief exposure to Nigeria left him struggling to reconcile his heritage with the distinctly English culture and environment he was raised in. As a teenager facing a cultural identity crisis, he joined a local
skinhead gang in order to escape racial persecution at their hands. At 16 years old, having become a violent thief, his foster parents sent him to a boarding school in
Surrey where he ultimately attempted suicide before coming to terms with his background and turning his life around. [6]
He went on to earn a Law degree from
King's College London and a Masters in Law from the University of London. While a university student, Akinnuoye-Agbaje worked in a clothes shop where he was introduced to the world of modeling . His modeling career eventually led him to Hollywood, where he began his acting career with a 1995 role in
Congo .[6]
His best known acting roles have been as the imposing convict Simon Adebisi in the 1990s HBO prison series Oz and as Mr. Eko on ABC's survivor drama Lost. [6] He has numerous film credits since he began acting in 1994 and has appeared in many top films, including The Bourne Identity , in which he played a deposed African dictator, Hitu the police officer in Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls , Lock-Nah in The Mummy Returns, and
Heavy Duty in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. [7]
In 2009, Akinnuoye-Agbaje was in talks with
Marvel Studios to play the superhero Black Panther in a proposed film of the same name. In an interview, he stated his excitement about the possibility, saying that "the timing is so right" for a black superhero, and "while I'm in my prime, this is the time... I'm going to keep knocking on their door." In 2014 Marvel did announce a Black Panther film, though with Chadwick Boseman in the title role.[8]
More recently, he guest starred in the second episode of season 8 of Monk , and played Derek Jameson in the 2011 film The Thing.[9] He portrayed Kurse in the Marvel Studios film
Thor: The Dark World.[10] He portrayed the character Malko in the fifth season of Game of Thrones. [1][11] In 2015 it was reported that Akinnuoye-Abaje voices the lead character of Bilal , a film about the life of Bilal Ibn Rabah set to be released in the second half of the year. [12] In 2016, he co-starred in the DC Comics film Suicide Squad, as the
Batman villain Killer Croc. [13]
Directing career
In 2012, Akinnuoye-Agbaje stated that he had been developing a film about his life story, which he also planned to direct. [14] The film is called Farming , in reference to the practise of Nigerian parents "farming out" their children to white UK families. In May 2017, he announced that casting on the film had begun with Damson Idris in the lead role as Enitan, Kate Beckinsale playing his abusive, neglectful foster mother and Gugu Mbatha-Raw as his teacher and mentor.[5]
[15]
Personal life
Akinnuoye-Agbaje is a Nichiren Buddhist[16] and a member of the Soka Gakkai International Buddhist association. [17]
Akinnuoye-Agbaje asked to be written off
Lost , citing a desire to return to London after his parents' deaths and to direct a film there. [18]
Filmography
Film
Year Title Role Director
1995 Congo Kahega Frank Marshall
1995 Delta of Venus The Clairvoyant Zalman King
1995 Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls Hitu Steve Oedekerk
1996 The Deadly Voyage Emmanuel John Mackenzie
1998 Legionnaire Luther Peter MacDonald
2001 The Mummy Returns Lock-Nah Stephen Sommers
2001 Lip Service Sebastion Shawn Schepps
2002 Bourne Identity, TheThe Bourne Identity Nykwana Wombosi Doug Liman
2004 Unstoppable Junod David Carson
2005 Mistress of Spices, TheThe Mistress of Spices Kwesi Paul Mayeda Berges
2005 On the One
(Preaching to the Choir) Bull Sharky Charles Randolph-Wright
2005 Get Rich or Die Tryin' Majestic Jim Sheridan
2009 G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Heavy Duty Stephen Sommers
2010 Faster The Evangelist George Tillman, Jr.
2011 Killer Elite The Agent Gary McKendry
2011 Thing, TheThe Thing Derek Jameson Matthijs van Heijningen Jr.
2012 Best Laid Plans Joseph David Blair
2013 Bullet to the Head Morel Walter Hill
2013 Thor: The Dark World Algrim the Strong / Kurse Alan Taylor
2013 The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete Pike George Tillman, Jr.
2014 Pompeii Atticus Paul W.S. Anderson
2014 Annie Nash Will Gluck
2015 Trumbo Virgil Brooks Jay Roach
2015 Concussion Dave Duerson Peter Landesma
2016 Bilal Bilal (voice) Khurram Alavi
2016 Suicide Squad Waylon Jones / Killer Croc David Ayer
TBA Farming director Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
Television
Year Title Role Not
1994 Red Shoe Diaries Davis Bateman Episode "Written Word"
1995 New York Undercover Cliff Ramsey Episode "Downt Girl"
1996 Screen Two Emmanuel Episode "Deadly Voyage
1997 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Cabe Attucks 2 episo
1997 Cracker: Mind Over Murder John Doe Episode "Madw
1997 Pensacola: Wings of Gold Ambassador Odeku Episode "Fallout
1997–2000 Oz Simon Adebisi 32 epis
1998 Linc's Winston Iwelu Episode "Gangs Rap"
2000 Enslavement: The True Story of Fanny Kemble Joe TV mov
2005–2006 Lost Mr. Eko Main c (Seaso3): 21 episode
2009 Monk Samuel Waingaya Episode Monk a the For Man"
2011 Strike Back: Project Dawn Tahir 2 episo
2012 Hunted Deacon Crane 8 episo
2015 American Odyssey Frank Majors 9 episo
2015 Major Lazer Major Lazer/Evil Lazer (voice) Main c 11 epis
2015 Game of Thrones Malko 2 episo
2017 Tangled: The Series Xavier the Blacksmith (voice)
2017 Tour de Pharmacy Olusegun Okorocha TV mov
2017 Ten Days in the Valley John Bird
Music videos
"You Don't Love Me (No, No, No) " – Dawn Penn (1994)
"Love No Limit " – Mary J. Blige (1993)
"I Want It All Night Long" – Heather Hunter (1993)
"Giving Him Something He Can Feel " – En Vogue (1992)
"Jealousy" – Pet Shop Boys (1991)
"Talk It Over" – Grayson Hugh (1989)
References
1. ^ a b Lawler, Kelly (17 October 2014).
" 'Lost' alum joins 'Game of Thrones' as ... someone" . USA Today . Retrieved 24 April 2015.
2. ^ "Adewale Akinnouye-Agbaje" . IMDB: The Internet Movie Database.
3. ^ White, James (October 28, 2014).
"Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins NFL Concussion Drama" . EmpireOnline . Retrieved 1 September 2015.
4. ^ a b Eweniyi, Odunayo (6 June 2017).
"British-Nigerian Actor, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Is Making A Movie Based On His Childhood" . Konbini Nigeria . Retrieved 10 June 2017.
5. ^ a b Ford, Rebecca (5 May 2017).
"Cannes: Kate Beckinsale, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Damson Idris to Star in 'Farming' " .
The Hollywood Reporter . Retrieved 10 June 2017.
6. ^ a b c d Anthony, Andrew (May 12, 2012). "Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje: 'I didn't want to be black. So I joined the skinheads…' " . The Guardian. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
7. ^ "Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins Universal's Thing Prequel" . DreadCentral.
8. ^ Siegel, Lucas (28 October 2014).
"Marvel Announces Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Inhumans, Avengers: Infinity War Films, Cap & Thor 3 Subtitles" .
Newsarama . Archived from the original on 28 October 2014. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
9. ^ " 'The Thing' Prequel Gains Some Muscle" . BloodyDisgusting.
10. ^ McNary, Dave (22 August 2012).
"Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje joins 'Thor: Dark World' " . Variety . Archived from the original on 22 August 2012. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
11. ^ "Lost's Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje joins Game of Thrones" . IGN . Retrieved 29 November 2014.
12. ^ Obenson, Tambay (27 February 2015).
"Trailer for Animated Feature Film Inspired by True Story of Afro-Arab Slave Who Became "Voice of Islam" " . Retrieved 3 February 2015.
13. ^ Jeff Sneider (31 March 2015). " 'Lost' Alum Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje to Play Killer Croc in WB's 'Suicide Squad' (Exclusive)" . TheWrap. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
14. ^ Anthony, Andrew. "Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje: 'I didn't want to be black. So I joined the skinheads…' " . Retrieved 5 May 2017.
15. ^ Lodderhose, Diana. "Kate Beckinsale, Damson Idris & Gugu Mbatha-Raw To Star In 'Farming' – Cannes" . Retrieved 5 May 2017.
16. ^ metrowebukmetro (30 August 2006).
"60 SECONDS: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje" . Metro. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
17. ^ "Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje not lost in L.A." . latimes. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
18. ^ Keck, William (1 November 2006). "Eko is a Monster Mash" . USA Today.
External links
Listen to this article (info/dl )
This audio file was created from a revision of the "Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje" article dated 2006-06-25, and does not reflect subsequent edits to the article. ( Audio help )
More spoken articles
Media related to Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje at Wikimedia Commons
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje on IMDb
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje on Twitter
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje interview on the Tavis Smiley show
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted.
Terms of Use • Privacy • Desktop Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje – Cannes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by GoldNiagara(m): 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2017
John Adedayo B. Adegboyega (born 17 March 1992), known professionally as John Boyega , is an English actor and producer best known for playing Finn in the 2015 film
Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the seventh film of the Star Wars series. Boyega rose to prominence in his native United Kingdom for his role as Moses in the 2011 sci-fi comedy film Attack the Block.
Boyega's other credits include historical drama film Detroit (2017), four episodes of the television series 24: Live Another Day and the drama Imperial Dreams (2014).
Early life
Boyega was born in Peckham, south London, [1] to Nigerian parents, Abigail and Samson. [2][3] His first role was a leopard in a play at his primary school. [4]
Boyega was a pupil at Oliver Goldsmith Primary School. While acting in a play there at the age of nine, he was noticed by Teresa Early, the artistic director of Theatre Peckham, a learning theatre for young people who live in south London. After obtaining financial assistance from a hardship fund, he joined the theatre, spending his time there outside school hours between the ages of nine and 14. Boyega's father, a preacher, had wanted Boyega to become a preacher too, but was supportive of his son's theatrical interests. [5][6][7][8]
In 2003, Boyega started his secondary education at Westminster City School, where he took part in various school productions. [9] Between 2008 and 2010, he attended South Thames College at the college's Wandsworth campus to study for a
National Diploma in Performing Arts. [10] His activities at the college included playing the title role in the college's production of
Othello . [11] He then enrolled at the University of Greenwich to study BA Film Studies & Media Writing,[12] though he later dropped out of the course to focus on his acting career. [6]
Career
Sundance Film Festival, 2014: John Boyega (2nd from the left), together with Josh Wiggins, Kodi Smit-McPhee and Sharon Swart (from the left to the right)
Boyega trained at the Identity School of Acting in Hackney , [13] and appeared in Six Parties at the National Theatre and Category B at the Tricycle Theatre prior to being offered a role in the 2011 film Attack the Block. [14][15] In September 2011, HBO announced that Boyega had been cast in the
boxing drama pilot Da Brick , loosely based on Mike Tyson's life. Boyega was expected to play Donnie, who is released from a juvenile detention centre on his 18th birthday and begins to examine what it means to be a man. The pilot was written by John Ridley ,[16] but was not picked up by HBO. [17] Also in 2011, he acted in the film
Junkhearts in which he portrayed Jamal, a drug dealer who finds some guns and tries to sell them.
Boyega was chosen by Fionnuala Halligan of Screen International as one of the "UK Stars of Tomorrow 2011" and appeared alongside two other actors on the front cover of that magazine in its July 2011 edition. [18]
In March 2012, Boyega was cast in the film adaptation of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's book Half of a Yellow Sun .[19]
On 29 April 2014, it was confirmed that Boyega had been cast as a lead character in
Star Wars: The Force Awakens. [20] It was later revealed Boyega would play Finn , a
stormtrooper for the First Order, who leaves the military power after witnessing their cruelty in his first combat mission before joining the fight against them. The film was released on 18 December 2015. Both the film and Boyega's performance received acclaim from both audiences and critics. [21][22]
Boyega has stated in an interview that he is a fan of Marvel Comics, and that he had hoped to play the Marvel character Black Panther .[23]
In January 2016, Boyega formed his own production company, Upperroom Entertainment Limited. In June 2016, Boyega announced that his company would be co-producing the sequel to the 2013 movie
Pacific Rim titled Pacific Rim: Uprising alongside Legendary Entertainment. [24] Boyega will also play the lead role in the project. [25]
Boyega starred in Detroit (2016), Kathryn Bigelow 's film about the 1967 Detroit riots .[26]
Filmography
Film
Year Title Role Director
2011 Attack the Block Moses Joe Cornish Bla Aw Act
No
Bla Aw Bre Per
No
Bla Aw En
No
Bri Ind Fil Mo Ne
No
Em for Ne
No
Ev Sta Fil Mo Ne
No
Lo Cri Aw Yo Per Ye
Junkhearts Jamal Tinge Krishnan
2013 Half of a Yellow Sun Ugwu Biyi Bandele
2014 Imperial Dreams Bambi Malik Vitthal
2015 Star Wars: The Force Awakens FN-2187 / Finn J. J. Abrams BA Sta
Em for Ne
No
Ge Cri As Be En
No
Gol Aw Bre Per
No
MT Aw Bre Per
No
MT Aw Act Per
No
MT Aw En
No
Nic Kid Aw Fa Act
No
Sat for Act
2017 The Circle Ty James Ponsoldt
Detroit Melvin Dismukes Kathryn Bigelow
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Finn Rian Johnson Po
2018 Pacific Rim: Uprising Jake Pentecost Steven S. DeKnight Als
Po
Television
Year Title Role Notes
2011 Da Brick Donnie Pilot
2011 Becoming Human Danny Curtis 4 episodes
2011 Law & Order: UK Jamal Clarkson Episode: "Survivor's Guilt"
2012 My Murder Shakilus Townsend Television film
2013 The Whale William Bond Television film
2014 24: Live Another Day Chris Tanner 4 episodes
2015 Major Lazer Blkmrkt (voice) 10 episodes
2015 Saturday Night Live Himself Segment: " Star Wars: The Force Awakens Screen Tests"
2016 Tinkershrimp & Dutch[34] Dutch (voice) 5 episodes
2017 Watership Down Bigwig (voice) 4 episodes
Stage
Year Title Role Notes
2010 Othello Othello South Thames College
2017 Woyzeck Woyzeck Old Vic Theatre[35]
Video games
Year Title Role Notes
2015 Disney Infinity 3.0 Finn Voice
2016 Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens Finn Voice
Theme park attractions
Year Title Role Notes
2015 Star Tours–The Adventures Continue Finn Scene added for seasonal
Season of the Force promotion

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by GoldNiagara(m): 12:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nigeria’s David Oyelowo Makes History As First Black Actor To Play James Bond
by StargistStaff
| NEXT »
A Nigerian actor has made history as the first black man to portray the iconic James Bond. Although Oyelowo’s performance will be heard rather than seen – in an audiobook, he is currently considered the official James Bond
David Oyelowo on Thursday emerged as the next James Bond, following long-standing rumours that Idris Elba from Britain is in line to replace the current Bond, Daniel Craig.
Mr. Oyelowo, who is also a producer, director, and writer played supporting roles in many movies like Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Middle of Nowhere, Lincoln and many more.
He however played Martin Luther King Jr. in the biographical drama film Selma, for which he received a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actor (Drama).
Craig, who used to act 007, is due to step aside potentially in two movies’ time.
Oyelowo says he is ‘very honoured’ being considered by the Ian Fleming estate to be the voice of 007 in upcoming thriller Trigger Mortis.

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by GoldNiagara(m): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
British Singer, Jacob Taio Cruz was born in London. His father is a Nigerian while his mother is Brazillian. Born as Adetayo Ayowale Onile-Ere, the R and B pop singer adopted Taio Cruz as his brand name when he ventured into music. He was signed on a publishing deal at the age of 19 and has won several awards including the BRIT Awards, Billboard Music Awards, ASCAP Awards and American Music Awards.

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by GoldNiagara(m): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2017
British actor Adetomiwa Edun was born in 1984 to a Nigerian father from the Yoruba tribe and a half-Ghanaian, half-English mother. Edun, who moved to the United Kingdom at the age of 11, has featured in movies like Slaves, Law & Order: UK, The Hour, Passengers. He is popularly known for his role in the TV series, Merlin, where he played ‘Sir Elyan’ and he became the second black in 2009 to play Romeo at the Globe Theatre. Tomiwa speaks English, Yoruba and French.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by GoldNiagara(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
Dayo Okeniyi was born and raised in Lagos before he later moved with his family to the United States. The actor is popularly known for his roles in ‘The Hunger Games’ and ‘Terminator Genisys’.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by GoldNiagara(m): 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
Richard Ayoade is a British actor born to a Nigerian father and a Norwegian mother. The comedian, actor and writer has written several award-winning stage plays in the UK.

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by oduastates: 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
Una don spoil this thread with actors ,singers and cv.
We already have a thread for personal achievements . This was suppose to be about business and industries and industrialists .

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Uglyojuku: 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
oduastates:
We already had a thread for personal achievements . This was suppose to be about business and industries and industrialists .

I do not know why Goldniagra is posting these musicians et al but I think he should stop it. smiley
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Uglyojuku: 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
oduastates:
We already had a thread for personal achievements . This was suppose to be about business and industries and industrialists .

I do not know why Goldniagara is posting these musicians et al but I think he should stop it. smiley
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ok, I see what oduastates is saying, let's not cheapen the thread with singers, there's just too many of them and before you now, we'll have nothing but strictly singers and actors on our hands.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2017
oduastates:
It is bullshiite i tell you. That guy need to stop posting nonsense on this thread.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
deedeedee1:

It is bullshiite i tell you. That guy need to stop posting nonsense on this thread.

Ko to be yen. Ah ahn

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2017

Salami Kadir
Founder/CEO
Techspecialist Academy

Salami Kadir is a Managing Partner at Techspecialist Consulting Limited. He has over a decade experience in business systems design, project management and IT Infrastructure Implementations. He has served as a Business and IT Consultant in over 15 enterprise projects around the world, specializing in operations and enterprise-wide technology implementations.

His professional experience includes various business process initiatives, systems design and implementation. Salami Kadir has direct and relevant experience working with Public Sector organizations and understands the specific challenges that must be overcome to ensure successful project outcomes.

Work Experience
Salami Kadir has managed ICT Needs Assessments for the Office of the Auditor General of the Federation (OAuGF). He has also managed and assisted in conducting a Business Improvement and Technology Assessment Initiative for Globalscan Systems Ltd for Destination Inspection. He was a member of the team that coordinated the design and deployment of a state-of-the-art IT Datacenter and Network Infrastructure in Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).

His experience spans different industry sectors. Salami Kadir has been involved in the project management of custom solutions for two major PFAs in Nigeria, Trustfund Plc and Evergreen Pensions Ltd., a major Microfinance Bank in Lagos State, Gapbridge microfinance.en involved in the project management of custom solutions for two major PFAs in Nigeria, Trustfund Plc and Evergreen Pensions Ltd., a major Microfinance Bank in Lagos State, Gapbridge microfinance.Salami Kadir possesses extensive experience of public sector processes around the world and application implementation on large enterprise projects. This experience was a key factor in the success of the EU sponsored project for the support for Economic Financial Crime Commission in conjunction with United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
Salami Kadir holds a Masters Degree in Information Technology and a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Ilorin, Nigeria.

He has Certifications which include:

• MCSE 2003 (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)-3475849

• RHCT(RedHat Certified Technician) -605008082117375

• MCSA-messaging (Microsoft Certified System administrator)

• MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)

• CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) – CSCO10957501

• Comptia Linux + Certified• Comptia Security + Certified

• VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting [V4.x]

• VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GtL7nr2HRM

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
okway:
Oh wow, we have some great great people on this thread.

Laudate, I wan buy jet o grin grin *coughs*
wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
laudate:

wink cheesy

No be funny matter o. I go wire you my account kiss
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
kaysco:
Has any of this people been featured:
Adewale ‘Wally’ Adeyemo ( Former Deputy national security adviser for international economic affairs to President Barack Obama)
Dele Giwa ( Founder Newswatch Magazine)
Ademilola Odujinrin
Sijibomi Ogundele
Ladi Delano
Abiola Olaniran
Bankole Cardoso
Iyin Aboyeji

Iyin Aboyeji has been profiled on pages 159, 183 and 192.
Ladi Delano has also been featured on pages 93, and 202.
Bankole Cardoso has also been discussed on pages 30 and 142, but mentioned in different places on this thread.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2017

Akinwande Delano (SAN), LL.B (Hons) (Lond.)

Founder.

Chief Akinwande Delano SAN is the founding partner of Akindelano Legal Practitioners (ALP). A graduate of the University of London, he was admitted to the English Bar, at the prestigious Gray’s Inn in 1963. In July of the same year he was admitted to the Nigerian Bar. He was elevated to the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria in 1996 after 33 years of unbroken law practice.
Chief Delano started with the civil service as a State Counsel in the Ministry of Justice Western State where to became Senior State Counsel. He established Akindelano Legal Practitioners in1972. He was the pioneer Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Ogun state between 1977-78; Chief Akin Delano has trained and mentored many successful lawyers and Senior Advocates. He remains active in practice . He was an ex-Chancellor for the Egba-Dioceses of the Anglican Church of Nigeria
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2017

The Chambers of Afe Babalola & Co. (also known as Emmanuel Chambers) is one of the leading firms of Barristers and Solicitors in Nigeria and its Principal, Aare Afe Babalola, SAN, has been noted in reported cases as industrious and masterful in conduct of his clients’ cases by the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

The firm has produced several judges and fourteen (14) Senior Advocates of Nigeria, (Nigeria’s equivalent of Queens Counsel in England) which is the largest number produced by any law firm in the country.

Emmanuel Chambers is a composite firm of legal practitioners engaged in providing a wide range of legal services to persons and corporate bodies that may require same. The firm’s legal practice areas and services are extensive and all-encompassing. The firm also renders consultancy services to other law firms based in Europe and America.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2017

Webber Engineering backstops at the African basketball League

Opeyemi Babalola.

CEO and founder of Webber Engineering, Nigeria’s first and possibly Africa’s only commercially viable basketball facilities manufacturing company.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kaysco: 9:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
laudate:

Iyin Aboyeji has been profiled on pages 159, 183 and 192.
Ladi Delano has also been featured on pages 93, and 202.
Bankole Cardoso has also been discussed on pages 30 and 142, but mentioned in different places on this thread.

Very good. Kindly do justice to the others.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by oduastates: 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
Planning a new thread .
A thread on them yoruba Nation from 1875 to 1970s . the politics ,businessmen , the merchants , titans ,society ,important events ,tragedy,the struggle . Keep it within the timelines.

I want people to research and post on the Yoruba industrialists business titans ,professionals,politicians , players and the who is who of old who built Lagos and the other parts of the western region .
People like
Those businessmen ,from the 1875 to the 197070's .T The Dacosta - Photographer
Da costa - business man
Davies
Awosika
Wole Soyinka and his struggles up to the 1970
MKO, Jobi Fele- Jobitex Sardines and sea-food
Lawrence Omole - international breweries
Bode Thomas - Businessmen
Herbert McCauley
Baba Sala
Albert Ogunde
Duro Ladipo
The Kings ,Queens and the regents .

before the North and East brought their wahala .
Do the research and create a thread .
Include background information

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by GoldNiagara(m): 10:49pm On Aug 08, 2017
I have stopped with immediate effect!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by GoldNiagara(m): 10:55pm On Aug 08, 2017
deedeedee1:

Calm down bro! If you ask me those guys are quite industrious, intelligent and are Yoruba, obviously, if you ask me. Since it offends the sensibility of others, I have stopped posting them. So deedeedee!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy: 11:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
oduastates:
Planning a new thread .
A thread on them yoruba Nation from 1875 to 1970s . the politics ,businessmen , the merchants , titans ,society ,important events ,tragedy,the struggle . Keep it within the timelines.

I want people to research and post on the Yoruba industrialists business titans ,professionals,politicians , players and the who is who of old who built Lagos and the other parts of the western region .
People like
Those businessmen ,from the 1875 to the 197070's .T The Dacosta - Photographer
Da costa - business man
Davies
Awosika
Wole Soyinka and his struggles up to the 1970
MKO, Jobi Fele- Jobitex Sardines and sea-food
Lawrence Omole - international breweries
Bode Thomas - Businessmen
Herbert McCauley
Baba Sala
Albert Ogunde
Duro Ladipo
The Kings ,Queens and the regents .

before the North and East brought their wahala .
Do the research and create a thread .
Include background information

Count me in on this.....So many Yoruba pioneers. It is very overwhelming

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy: 11:11pm On Aug 08, 2017
The stupid Nairaland antispam bot keeps banning me despite posting relevant posts on this thread. Just finished another 24 hours ban. I hope the politics mod will do something about this annoying antispam bot

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 11:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nigerian pilot, Ademilola Odujinrin, makes history as first African to fly the world solo | Punch Newspapers | March 30th 2017 |

Capt. Ademilola “Lola” Odujinrin is a man who thrives on new challenges and adventure. So he decided to join Project Transcend, a new initiative to inspire children and young people, to strive to achieve their dreams despite daunting obstacles confronting them.

As a fully qualified pilot with Air Djibouti, Odujinrin decided to embark on a trip to fly solo round the whole world. His journey saw him going through more than 15 countries on 5 continents, before finally disembarking at Washington DC, where he had begun his trip, way back in September 2016.

The pilot completed the entire circumnavigation by flying a Cirrus SR22 plane, in his “One Man, One Plane” expedition. Ademilola has logged over 4,000 hours as a commercial Boeing 737 pilot since earning his pilot licence six years ago.

Ademilola says: “Ever since I was a child, I dreamed of one day flying around the world. We have a responsibility to lead by example and follow our dreams. I want African children to think: ‘I can do this too!'”

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to Air Djibouti’s Chairman, Aboubaker Omar Hadi, and Cardiff Aviation’s Chairman, Bruce Dickinson, who have supported me throughout this journey. Without them, this would not have been possible.”

Both formed part of a high-level delegation to welcome the historic aviator on the tarmac at Dulles Airport, including: the Ambassador of Djibouti to the United States, His Excellency, Mr. Mohamed Siad Doualeh; Senior Director of Strategic Planning for Djibouti Ports & Free Zones Authority, Mr. Dawit Michael Gebre-ab; and Chief Operating Officer of Air Djibouti, Mr. Moussa Houssein.

Other distinguished guests included the CEO Africa World Press, which plans to publish a book on the journey.

The Chairman of Air Djibouti, Aboubaker Omar Hadi, says: “By supporting initiatives like Lola’s flight around the world, Air Djibouti hopes to inspire a new generation of pilots in Africa and help to pave the way for the aviation industry to thrive in the region.

“The benefits will be felt within the region, as this will encourage more intra-African trade and sustainable economic development.

“With the commencement of the Single African Air Transport Market in June 2017, air travel in the continent is positioned to grow rapidly and become a key contributor to the region’s economic and social development.” Globally, the aviation industry represents a massive opportunity for African economies to play a larger role.

It is estimated that 2017 alone will see approximately four billion airline passengers worldwide, as well as over 50 million tonnes of cargo being transported by air. punchng.com © 1971-2017 The Punch newspaper . http://punchng.com/breaking-nigerian-pilot-ademilola-odujinrin-makes-history-as-first-african-to-fly-the-world-solo/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.