Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,689 members, 7,862,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (595218 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 9:02am On Aug 17, 2017
Deedeedee5:

Ok, ko si ewu. We should not take it to far so that the mods wont delete this beautiful thread

Alright. I will exercise discretion.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 9:09am On Aug 17, 2017
decomaniaboss:
Only jealous and calous minded people will argue that fact...igbos all the way !!!

Come on!

Just visit the front page of this thread and see for yourself. Flatiyeasterners are no match for Yorubas.

The facts are overwhelming. Stop being mischievous!

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by veraponpo(m): 9:16am On Aug 17, 2017
Mr. Kola Olugbodi:

Sterling Achievements In A Unique Field

Kola Olugbodi is an enigmatic Nigerian. He has a uniquely innovative mind and with it, he has blazed the trail in a unique profession. He is the founder of the first background check organization in Nigeria and West Africa.

Kola Olugbodi was born on August 6, 2016 in the city of Lagos to Joshua Oyedele Olugbodi and Grace Olabisi from Ara Town, Osun State. He attended Atunda–Olu School for the Handicapped for his primary education. For his secondary school education, he started with Baptist Academy, Obanikoro, Lagos but concluded at Ede Baptist High School, Ede, Osun State.

Kola gained admission into the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife in 1984 where he obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Demography and Social Statistics in 1988. He observed his National Service year with the National Population Commission (NPC) and was retained by the Commission as a Population Statistician immediately he concluded his NYSC with it in 1989. Kola left NPC for the North South Bank (NSB) in 1992.

Kola Olugbodi became an entrepreneur immediately he left NSB in 1995. He became the CEO of Josh Cyrus, a Human Resource and Outsourcing Organization. After that, he became the inaugural CEO of Background Check International (BCI), the first and pioneering background check organization in Nigeria and West Africa in 2004. BCI specializes in full service Background Check, Corporate Due Diligence, Risk Management, Address Confirmation, Claims Verification, Employment Background Check, Vital Documents Verification, Business Intelligence Services and Consultancy Services.

Kola Olugbodi is currently Africa’s leading background check expert. He is also the Chairman, Board of Trustees of the Association of African Professional Background Screeners.

Kola is also:
•The First African member of the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), USA.
•The Co-Chairman, African Outreach of National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), USA.
•Advisory Board Member of the International Due Diligence Association(IDDA), USA.
•An alumnus of the US Department of State’s International Visitor Leader Program (IVLP)
•Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), USA
•Member, ASIS International, USA
•Member, the Nigeria Institute for Industrial Security (NIIS)
•Member, Association of Christian Investigators (ACI)

Kola is an author, blogger, workshops and conferences facilitator and a motivational speaker whose hallmark in life is to impact others for good and for God. He is widely travelled and married with two blessed children.

It is in recognition his contribution to national development in the sphere of Background Checks, Screening & Verification Services that Mr. Kola Olugbodi is deemed worthy to be conferred with the Development in Nigeria Merit Award.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by veraponpo(m): 9:21am On Aug 17, 2017
Dr. Odunlami .B. A. Kola-Daisi

He serves as Chief Executive Officer at Secure Electronic Technology Plc. Dr. Kola-Daisi serves as Deputy Managing Director and Chief Relationship Officer of Fountain Trust Bank Plc.

Dr. Kola-Daisi had a career path change immediately after National Youth Service Corps when in October 1991 he joined the First City Merchant Bank, now First City Monument Bank, as a management trainee. He spent three months in every major department of bank over a period of fifteen months, before sitting for the Nigeria Stock Exchange Stockbroking Examinations, thus becoming the first Nigerian Medical Doctor / Stockbroker.

He excelled in this field and was later presented with the Nigerian Stock Exchange President's Tie Award, the first and only recipient ever, for his contributions to the development of the stock market, in general, and stockbroking in particular, in Nigeria. Dr. Kola-Daisi serves as Executive Vice-Chairman at Secure Electronic Technology Plc and served as its Non Executive Chairman. Dr. Kola-Daisi has attended quality training programmes all over the world, including the Euromoney International Capital Markets course and the Citibank Intermediate and Senior Credit Risk courses in Citibank Training Centre in New York. He served as Chairman and Chief Executive of Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission from 2000 to 2002.

Dr. Kola-Daisi was the Co-founder and served as First Executive Director of the Federation of West African Chamber of Commerce and Industry since 1972; Co-founder and First Executive Director of the Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce from 1972 to 1978; President of The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry from 1995 to 1999; President of The Nigerian Association of Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture from 1996 1999; First Chairman, Board of Directors of ODUA Investment Company Limited from 1976 to 1978; Chairman, Asbestos Cement Products Nigeria Limited (now Nigerite Nigeria Limited) from 1976 to 1979; Chairman, Western Hotels Limited (Premier and Lafia Hotels, Ibadan) from 1976 to 1979; Chairman Great Nigeria Insurance Company from 1974 to 1976; Chairman Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo State from 1984 to 1986; Member of the Board of Directors Nigerian Airways from 1991 to 1993. His philanthropist ventures include Founder, Chairman or Managing Director of include: Daks Investment Nigeria Limited (Holding Company); Kidcell Engineering and Steel Company (Joint Venture with UK Partners); Alpine Overseas Nigeria Limited (Joint Ventures with UK and Swiss Partners); Ibadan Hotels Limited; Segilola Holdings Limited; Fountain Securities Limited; Director, First City Monument Bank Limited from 1983 to 1989; Fountain Trust Bank Plc (now part of Spring Bank Group); Skolar Shipping Lines Limited (Ship Owners and Charterers); The Kola Daisi Foundation which supports charitable humanitarian activities especially in areas of health, education and poverty alleviation.

So far, the Foundation has supported numerous projects including the donation of a Computer Centre to the University of Ibadan. Dr. Kola-Daisi is also a Harvard Business School alumnus.

Dr. Kola-Daisi graduated as Medical Doctor in 1989 at the University of Jos Medical School. He did his internship at the prestigious University College Hospital in Ibadan and National Youth Service Corps programme at the Air Force Base in Ikeja, Lagos.

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 9:43am On Aug 17, 2017
Silentmind:

BEEPPAY® is a product of BEEPMAGNET

WHO WE ARE
BeepMAGNET International Ltd. is a .
Where is their physical location/address?

All these paper-based companies sef.

No match!
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 10:26am On Aug 17, 2017
raker300:
Wigwe: access bank

He's just a top employee of Access Bank.

How does that constitute Igbo industry?
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 17, 2017
MasterChen:
Has anyone posted about Olu Okeowo Lagos landlord? He's the largest property developer in the whole Ikoyi, Parkview and Banana Island
Eyan Gibraltar. Nigga has like 10 Rolls Royces. His mansion is the biggest I've ever seen in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 17, 2017
I beg I dey find my shade , she is here?
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 17, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

Come on!

Just visit the front page of this thread and see for yourself. Flatiyeasterners are no match for Yorubas.

Please stop quoting Igbos.
They don't worth it
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by decomaniaboss(f): 11:13am On Aug 17, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

Come on!

yeah right keep on deceiving yourself !!!! The fact that you refused to accept the truth doesn't make it any less true
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by decomaniaboss(f): 11:15am On Aug 17, 2017
taoheedoriloye:

They don't worth it

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ijaya123: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
[quote author=decomaniaboss post=59558622][/quote]

This looks some of the inhabitants of the potor potor land.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
taoheedoriloye:

They don't worth it

Maybe this thread shouldn't even exist.

What's the point?

Why the debate?

They threw us the challenge, remember.

We must finish them completely.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
decomaniaboss:
yeah right keep on deceiving yourself !!!! The fact that you refused to accept the truth doesn't make it any less true

Are you a dullard?

What is the truth?

Both threads are before you. Compare and contrast na.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:
Weldone my brother.

You are doing a really good job.

Are you a web developer?

I have some ideas for you.

You really can make something very worthwhile out of this.

Thank you sir. I'm not a web developer, just a geek who likes playing around with tech stuff. cheesy
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
laudate:

Thank you sir. I'm not a web developer, just a geek who likes playing around with tech stuff. cheesy

Awwww okay.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Lloydfather(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
laudate:
Jubril Adewale Tinubu has pioneered the execution of world-class initiatives in the region, as an ethical business leader, entrepreneur and philanthropist. He has been Group Chief Executive Officer of Oando Plc, since January 2005. Wale Tinubu served as its Executive Director of Finance and Administration, before becoming Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of Oando Plc. He is also the Executive Chairman and Director of Oando Energy Resources., its' upstream arm.

He began his career as an attorney, working on corporate and petroleum law assignments, with his family's law firm, K.O. Tinubu & Co. In 1994, he co- founded the Ocean and Oil Group, then guided its strategic development to the acquisition of Unipetrol in 2000. In 2002, he led the largest ever acquisition of a quoted Nigerian company, with the acquisition of Agip Nigeria, through an international bid conducted by Agip Petroli International BV.

He is widely recognised for his role in the successful transformation of Oando from a petroleum marketing concern to an integrated energy group with investments across the energy value chain, and subsidiaries that are market leaders in their respective sectors.

In 2007, he was named ‘Global Young Leader’ by the World Economic Forum in recognition of his achievements, as a leading business executive under 41. In 2010, he was named ‘Business Leader of the Year’ in the African Business Awards for his outstanding leadership and contributions to the development of the African oil and gas industry.

Jubril Adewale Tinubu is also the Chairman of Gaslink Nigeria Ltd, Oando Supply and Trading, Oando Power, Oando Energy Services, Oando Exploration and Production, Ocean and Oil Holdings Limited, Oando Ghana, Oando Togo, Oando Sierra Leone, Tilca Nigeria Limited and Trojan Estates Limited.

In 2015, he led Oando Plc to sell off an equity stake of its downstream business to HV Investments for $276 million. HV Investments II B.V. (HVI), a joint venture owned by a fund advised by Helios Investment Partners and the Vitol Group. Under Tinubu's watch, Oando also purchased the shares of Phillips (Brass) Ltd. (PBL), which holds a 17-per-cent shareholding interest in Brass LNG Ltd. The company paid $435-million to acquire those shares.

this is the 9th time u are mentioning this same person. Why are u recycling ur post, are u afraid the Igbo tread is gaining momentum. Don't worry we are showing u typical Igbo sence, when u are done and tired we start from there. JUST WATCHOUT
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
deomelo:

1. Agura Hotel is owned by the Nigerian Ports Authority/NPA

2. Agura Hotel is an investment bought and funded by the NPA's Superannuation fund (Investment Arm Of The NPA) on behalf of the NPA workers and retirees. .

3. Kanu was only an appointed manager to manage the hotel.

4. Th same Kanu (Abacha's Lap Dog) was the organizer of the million man march in support of Abacha.

Research your lies before posting your lies and fraudulent posts.

You liars just won't learn.

O boy! See busting!!

Those guys are semi-literate punks, honestly.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
raker300:
Chief Onyemuche Nnamani- Autostar

Autostar is relatively unknown. sad

We are discussing thriving and highly successful businesses here and not hustlers with 10 buses in their fleet. grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
Weinberg:
Prof Esogbue, the only Nigerian prestigious Engineer to work with NASA....

Prof. Austin Esogbue: I Maintained First Position in School to
Avoid Being a Farmer
July 9, 2016
 0
 3058
Smile is a permanent fixture on his face as his gait exudes
grace. The applause that followed him as he sauntered up to
the podium was thunderous. His students loved him and his
American university where he teaches adores him. Outstanding,
indefatigable and inventive, he is a recipient of many
international awards. From a sleepy town in Ibusa, he has
become a tech giant in America. Unassuming, devoted and
cerebral, he combines scholarship with selflessness. You can
call him a genius; it won’t be an understatement. He parades
impressive academic degrees that can make the best of
scholars green with envy. Professor Emeritus Austin Esogbue,
native of Ibusa, Delta State, is a distinguished academic who
has made Nigeria and Africa proud in Diaspora. His academic
journey began in 1961 when he won the African Scholarship
Programme of American Universities. Having immersed himself
into what the United States could offer, he went ahead to break
new grounds on many occasions. In 1977, he became the first
black to become a full professor of Engineering at the Georgia
Institute of Technology and the first black professor of the
Institute. Esogbue was the first African to have served on the
board of the United States’ National Aeronautical Space (NASA)
. He was equally among special Nigerians met by President
Muhammadu Buhari during his recent visit to the US. He
currently lives in Fulton County, Georgia. Prof. Esogbue speaks
with Funke Olaode about life after retirement and his
technological projects for Nigeria
• Why I’m Committed to Nigeria’s Technological Development
• I Slept for Only Three Hours Every Day Until I Retired…
Can we have an insight into your background?
I was born to James Nwanze and Helen Nwakuso Esogbue of
Umuafene Village, Isieke, Umuekea, Ibusa in Delta State. I was
born in Kaduna, the then capital of Northern Nigeria on
December 25th, 1940, but of Delta origin. By that time, my
father was working with the engineering department of the
Public Works Department (PWD). My mother was a nurse. In a
way, I am from an educated setting. Coming from such setting
no doubt exposed me to an early education and a disciplined
family. The family was loving but tough. My father always
emphasised excellence because he believed no matter what
you achieved, he wanted you to achieve more.
What are some of your childhood memories?
Looking back, I remember the eclipse of 1947 when I was
about seven years. And as kids, we thought the world was
coming to an end. Everywhere was dark and we were afraid. In
fact, we said to ourselves please let’s have our last supper
because we would not be able to eat anymore. Also, I
remember when we had just come from Enugu to Ibusa, my
home town, the local people looked at us as people who had
come from abroad and thought we were lazy. During the
native festival, there were a lot of drums, wrestling and the
young men would show their manhood and all that. So I came
with my sisters and they (the young men) came to embarrass
me. I didn’t want to wrestle because I didn’t want to dirty my
dress on the sand. But this particular guy walked away, picked
some sands and poured it on my clothe. I got so upset that I
took off my cloth and began to wrestle with him. I picked him
up and threw him to the ground and broke his right hand and
the bone came out. People ran and started screaming because
they never saw such a thing. It was amazing and scary. I was
not rascally as a boy. I was a Catholic and a Mass server. We
had to confess our sins if we did anything wrong. And we
were so scared to embark on rascality. Again, I was always
first in classes and didn’t think because I was smart; (it was)
by God’s grace. Also, my father said if I didn’t keep the first
position he would not pay my school fees anymore and I
would then go and become a farmer. I didn’t want to be a
farmer so that kept me on my toes to act smart. But while in
the high school in Kaduna I fought a lot because I was the
smallest in the class and was always coming first. The bigger
boys would pick on me. Somehow, they thought I was being
favoured by the teachers.
What about schooling?
I attended primary school at Sacred Heart, Ibusa before going
to St. John’s College, Kaduna for secondary education. I was
among the first class selected to take advantage of the
Federal School of Science, Lagos, which was founded to
speed up the system in the science and technological field.
Prior to that, Nigeria had only University College, Ibadan and
Nigerian College of Science and Technology in Zaria. Luckily,
there was a programme called African Scholarship Programme
of American Universities, which opened their doors to African
students. There were about 25 students that went in 1960s.
These set of students excelled and because they did very well,
those schools got encouraged to broaden it not only for
Nigeria but for most of African countries. My former
engineering training was crystallised, earning degrees from the
University of California at Los Angeles where I got Bsc in
Electrical Engineering, U.C. Berkeley Option, and Minor in
Mathematics in June 1964.
I went on to acquire more degrees with an MSc in Industrial
Engineering and Operational Research from Columbia
University and PhD in Engineering – Operations Research and
Control Theory from the University of Southern California in
June 1968. Additional studies were taken at Massachusetts
Institute of Technology, leading to a Certificate in Advanced
Health Systems Dynamics Modeling in 1974, and the
University of California at Berkeley. With modesty, I was the
first PhD graduate of the celebrated world renowned
mathematician, Professor Richard Bellman at the University of
Southern California (USC).
Can you mention some of your achievements as an academia?
My first formal academic tenure track appointment was as an
Assistant Professor of Operation Research and member of the
Systems Research Centre at Case Western Reserve University,
Cleveland, Ohio. I joined the faculty of the Georgia Institute of
Technology (Georgia Tech) in June 1972 as an Associate
Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering under a joint
appointment with the Health Systems Research Centre. I went
through the process and I got promoted quickly. In 1977, I
became the first black to be promoted a full professor in
Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology. And the
first black professor of the Institute which was celebrated
during the 50 years of having blacks matriculated in Georgia
Tech in 2010. Georgia Tech was an all-White male school for
a long time. And 1961, the year I went to the United States,
coincided with the time blacks were allowed to matriculate. I
have had a fulfilling career and I am grateful to God. Being
the first and longest serving black professor in Georgia Tech’s
history and the first African promoted full professor of
engineering in a major United States research university is
overwhelming. Having risen to the pinnacle of my career and
bestowed with numerous professional and academic
organisations including being elected a Fellow of the
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
in 1972, a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical Electronics
Engineering (IEEE), class of 2000, Fellow of the Institute for
Operations Research and Management Sciences, and a 2000
elected Fellow of the Nigerian Academic of Sciences, Fellow
of the Nigerian Academic of Engineering and others too
numerous to mention.
I retired from the Georgia Institute of Technology in the fall of
2010. Apart from the recognition I received from students and
organisations while I was at Georgia Tech, much more than
my colleagues, it seemed retirement opened a floodgate of
awards. It began with my alma mater, UCLA that bestowed on
me the 2010 Distinguished UCLA Engineering Alumni in
Academia Award. Several Nigerian organisational awards
were received in 2012 including the Nigerian Consulate
General Life Achievement and Good Ambassador of Nigeria
Award. The awards however reached a crescendo when in
2013 alone, I received seven awards beginning with the 2013
Distinguished Partner in Science Education Award from the
Stephen Oluwole Awokoya Foundation for Science Education
for contributions and encouragement for the growth of science
education and youth development in Nigeria. Georgia Tech
Black Alumni Organisation inducted me into their Hall of
Fame as a ‘Legend and Leader’ under the Faculty Category for
many pioneering and exemplary service to the community. I
also had the good fortune and privilege of serving on a high
level panel, the Safety Advisory Board of US National
Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). Our service led
to the eradication of space flight accidents. I was awarded the
Public Service Medal for my leadership role and a Certificate
of Merit.
How is life after retirement?
Life has really been great. I feel a sense of freedom that I had
never known before. I sleep longer hours now as opposed to
the average of three hours that I slept for decades. I still stay
up late at night attending to a sundry of requests from
various parts of the world. The difference though is that I feel
I do not have to do anything anymore. I just need to live a
good life, free of stress. I do what I do only because I want to,
love to, and feel it would make some difference in someone’s
life. I do not do things anymore just to please somebody or
because it is expected of me. No more expectations. I feel that
I had done more than enough for so many people and for so
long. This is now time for me and those I love. The only
problem is that I seem to naturally love everybody. Part of the
reason I retired from my excellent position in the world’s best
programme in my field is to enable me spend more time
contributing to Nigerian development by sharing some of the
best practices I have acquired with Nigerian institutions. I
have, for example, intensified my involvement with two of the
premier national academies, namely the Nigerian Academy of
Science whom I served for two consecutive terms as an
elected officer with the portfolio of Academic Secretary,
Physical Sciences. I served another term on the Council as the
Representative for Physical Sciences. The US academies
(Science, Engineering and Medicine) had earlier given a grant
to four African academies including Nigeria to assist them to
upgrade their standards to world class level.
What is new right now?
As a founder of Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation of the
Americas (NIDOA), I continue to support and mentor the
organisation’s leaders. At the 2014 fundraiser banquet, I made
a donation but the Consul General, Ambassador Teneilabe
challenged NIDO to embark on a healthcare project to save
lives and improve the quality of lives in Nigeria. The
suggested project was to build a trauma centre in Abuja. We
soon formed a group and expanded it to include diagnostics.
The group mushroomed to an all-Diaspora group called the
Nigerian Diaspora Diagnostics and Trauma Foundation,
(NDDTF), a non-profit 501 registered in the State of Georgia. I
am helping to provide leadership to the foundation which
intends to start operating with a diagnostic centre and
develop into diagnostic and trauma centre, first in Abuja and
later in each of the six geo-political zones. The idea is to
institute a state-of-the-art, level one facility for treating
victims of trauma in Nigeria by Diaspora health teams
considering that many Nigerians who engage in medical
tourism, wind up being treated by Nigerian professionals in
those foreign lands that they go to. It is a major drain on
Nigeria’s resources, particularly scarce foreign exchange, and
the impaired quality of response notwithstanding.
What happened to your Nigerian project – the Diaspora
promoting technology you started in 2005?
You may recall that the original idea was to provide some
soft-landing for Nigerians in Diaspora embarking on projects
in Nigeria. We started with partnering with fellow Nigerian
professionals resident in the country and using science and
technology as a framework for Diaspora contributions. The
first event was a conference and I organised; a committee of
Diaspora experts in various fields of science and technology
to participate in the conference with Ambassador Joe Keshi of
the Nigerian National Volunteer Service as General Chair. I
chaired the session on nuclear and space technologies and
made a presentation to the then President (Olusegun)
Obasanjo with a recommendation that Nigeria should not only
embrace both areas but vigorously pursue programmes to
explore and utilise associated opportunities for national
development. They seemed heretical to some of our people
then and even now. I however knew that we could not afford
to stay away from these technologies including biotechnology
and information technology. We should shake off this
somehow persistent national lethargy towards development
and always embracing microwave appetites for the now-
syndrome. We should not always be playing catch-up;
jumping in only after the rest of the world has been fully
immersed in these technologies.
I also know that many of these technologies when
appropriately cultivated and utilised drive national socio-
economic development with exponential returns on investment.
Most important, there is usually an incubation period during
which time, you train and educate the requisite manpower and
imbibe the necessary culture for their sustainability.
Additionally, we have intelligent Nigerians who can be and
should be so trained to master these technologies. Some
progress, though retarded and anemic, has been made in both
areas. The National Agency for Space Research and
Development (NASRDA) for example, has recorded successes
mostly in the satellite launching area. Some constraints
include the pervasive funding problems and the characteristic
closed box, myopic management practices. The National
Atomic Energy Commission (NAEC) seeks to generate clean
energy through nuclear power plants. Though the idea was
conceived almost 20 years ago, we are still mostly in the
manpower development phase. This non-fossil fuel option
conceived much earlier to diversify our energy options as
opposed to an oil-riveted economy is now enjoying some
attractiveness considering the glut in the oil market and the
concomitant slump in economic generating capacity of our oil
fields and refineries.
How often do you visit Nigeria?
I am based in America but frequent Nigeria on a regular
basis. As a way of giving back, at the 50th anniversary of the
launching of the first scholarship programme of the Africa
America Institute (AAI), the African Scholarship Programme of
American Universities (ASPAU), we (the alumni) organised a
reunion to devise a vehicle for paying a lasting tribute to the
programme that sent us to America. We recognised that the
programme was highly successful in producing first-rate
manpower for national development. The reunion activities
culminated in the formation of a non-profit organisation called
the Africa Future Foundation (AFF). We decried falling
standards in many aspect of life in Nigeria today but agreed
that education was hardest hit and resolved to do something
about it. I was elected Vice President. Many of us pledged
cooperation with AAI but wanted an essentially independent
African group addressing African problems as we see them. I
do radio and TV shows when I visit Nigeria. Examples are the
‘Nigeria Pride’ show of Radio Nigeria and the one-hour show
on Silverbird, by Judita DaSilva entitled ‘Ordinary People
Doing Extraordinary Things’ featuring such giants as Dr. Alex
Ekwueme.

His achievement is an inspiration

Are we talking individual achievements here or industry?

The person you profiled is a nobody jor.

No match!
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
raker300:
Jimmy Uchenna-Jim stones global service

And what do they produce?

Where is their office?

mtcheeew

No match!
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
raker300:
Onyinye nwogu: sweet tooth

hahahahaha

Looonatic flatiyeasterners will not kill me, abeg.

What of bluetooth grin grin grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by NCP: 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
laudate:

Please, checkout this 22 year old guy and post something on him.

Christopher King Bowofade of hedge fund company Better Days Investment (BTD), buys and sells futures and options on behalf of 7,902 individual investors.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
raker300:
Ejiofor Agada: media mart

LWKMD grin grin grin

This is pathetic. grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
raker300:
Soloo Akugha: asterix

Another hustler! grin

No match!! grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by totit: 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
NCP:

Please, checkout this 22 year old guy and post something on him.

Christopher King Bowofade of hedge fund company Better Days Investment (BTD), buys and sells futures and options on behalf of 7,902 individual investors.

Check page 220.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Lloydfather(m): 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
Why copy and paste the same people laudate and doemelo. What are u afraid of. U have highlights all this people number of time. Nigba ti eyi na mokpe eni eyan kolode te n se kpariwo.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
raker300:
KSLEY - Kingsley Ubenyi

Is he your family member

He looks cute.

No match still!
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
raker300:
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare- Michael Ugwueke

Where is their office?

Another startup
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2017
raker300:
Dr. Anikwe Ferdinand Ikechukwu: CBAAC

You are not even proud to spell out the acronymn.

Another hustler!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
raker300:
Proda research - chukwuma nweke.

Another employee!
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Weinberg:
Pls Guys,make a research on these personalities...

HRM, Dr. Chukwudi Jude Ihenetu is the owner of Chi-Bert
Group of Companies. The popularity of Dr. Ihenetu is not only
business based, it is also culturally based. HRM is the Eze Ndi
Igbo of the Igbo people in Ghana. Ihenetu came to Ghana 20
years ago as an ordinary businessman. With his business
acumen, the ordinary trade metamorphosed to Chi-bert, what
is today a renowned group of companies. The group has
interest in oil and gas, transportation, aluminium, agriculture,
entertainment among others, and has created employment for
both Nigerians and Ghanaians..
Salma Idriss Okonkwo works at UBI Energy Ghana Limited
and Televeras Group; she resigned her job at a multinational
oil company and began looking at other aspects of marketing
petroleum refined products. She is the woman in charge of
affairs at the UBI ENergy Ghana ltd. She has four stations and
counting in Kasoa, Kumasi, Lashibi and Dumfoasi in the Volta
Region in Ghana. Her husband and family have been a great
support towards her ability to generate capital and developing
ideas which have made her one of the top female Nigerians in
Ghana.

Mr. Alexander O. Mbakogu, also known as Alex, became the
Managing Director of Leasafric Ghana Limited, which is a
leading name in Finance and leasing services in Ghana since
August 6, 2015. He served as Chief Finance Officer of C & I
Leasing Plc until August 6, 2015 when he took up his current
appointment. Mr. Mbakogu has considerable experience in
leasing. Prior to joining Leasafric Ghana, he had held several
positions in C & I Leasing Plc, including Management
Accountant and Head Treasury, and Manager, Finance and
Accounts. He is a qualified Accountant and a member of both
the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigerian (ICAN) and
the Institute of Chartered Management Accountants of Nigeria
(ICMA). He has an MBA (Finance) from the University of
Lagos. He holds a degree in Accounting from the University of
Nigeria, Nsukka with B Sc. in Accounting.

Mr. Oliver Alawuba
Mr Oliver Alawuba is one of the prominent intellectuals behind
big financial institutions in Ghana. He has been Deputy Chief
Executive Officer of UBA Africa for Wholesale Bank since May
1, 2014. Mr. Alawuba served as the Chief Executive Officer of
UBA West Africa since January 1, 2014, Zonal Director of
Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Chief Executive Officer of
United Bank for Africa (Ghana) Limited (UBA Ghana) since
June 3, 2011, Head of South South & South East of FinBank
Plc, and as Principal Associate Director of FinBank Plc
(alternate name: First Inland Bank Plc).
He has over twenty years experience in investment banking,
retail and commercial banking, corporate finance as well as
project management. He has worked with some major African
banks in various managerial capacities including being
Regional Director of South Central Region of United Bank
(formerly, Standard Trust Bank Limited) for Africa Nigeria PLC
and Executive Director of Finbank Nigeria PLC for South South
and South East Regions covering over 11 States in Nigeria.
He served as an Executive Director of Finbank Plc (now First
City Monument Bank, Plc) since 2009. He started his career
with Abia State University, Uturu as a lecturer and later
worked with Diamond Bank Plc, Standard Trust Bank Plc
before joining First Atlantic Bank Plc.

Mr. Chuks Okoko – current manager of A-Z Petrolieum Co.
Ltd Ghana.

Mr. Uche Okogu – International Energy Insurance (I.E.I)
Ghana Limited.

Ibem Anya – Managing Director of Oando GH Ltd, Ghana
and the Owner of Aiban Universal Services Ltd.

Barely thriving/just okay companies and employees!

You even mention an employee of a Yoruba owned company.

These don't cut it at all.

No match!! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.