Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (587004 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Johnnyessence(m): 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

I said I cant state them here because of non Yorubas on this thread.

That's why I asked if you know better than top Yoruba men in the society who are not calling for separation.
why can't you state it now. Everyone want to hear your views.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
kn23h:

Sigh. I had to delete my reply to this cause I'm feeling the spirit right now. Keeping it clean.

Why?

Feel free bro.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Johnnyessence:
why can't you state now. Everyone want to hear your views.

hahahahaha

Omode n se e
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

Huh!

Have Hausas ever asked for Arewa republic

Ibo political leaders? So many of them especially those that are not in govt.

Sigh.... when you realize that you've been wasting your time with a fool. embarassed embarassed

How many Ibo leaders, who are as powerful as Tinubu, supports Biafra openly? How many Ibo governors, senators, speakers etc openly support Biafra?

Do you think politicians speak for the people's interest?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ODVanguard: 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

Agreed, but why was it the west of the 4 regions we had at the time, that got embroiled in such political turmoil as to get a state of emergence from an ordinary abokkki

My late grandfather almost lost his life in the crisis. He had already been daubed with petrol before...

I'll say it again that you're arguing from a position of ignorance. I'll allow Awo himself to respond to your 'why the West of the 4 Regions' question coz even he didn't feel the state of emergency was justified, considering that other regions also had their own fair share of crises yet the central government didn't deem it fit to declare a state of emergency in any of those hotspots. Read it slowly and hopefully your ignorance would be cured once and for all.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/awos-reply-state-emergency-1962/

Awo's Reply to the State of Emergency in 1962:

(Excerpts)

“The first question which any reasonable person ought to ask himself is this. Is there a state of emergency in the Western Region? That is the most important question which the Prime Minister and the Cabinet must ask themselves. I submit with greater respect that a state of emergency does not exist in Western Nigeria. “Not long ago after independence, there was rioting of a most severe nature in the Tiv Division of Northern Nigeria.

Several lives were lost, several properties were destroyed, there was arson and a host other crimes were committed. At that time, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was the Prime Minister as he is the Prime Minister,today. He did not think it fit to call this Parliament to declare a state of emergency in the Northern Region.

Also in Okrika- there was widespread rioting in Okrika; again, several lives and properties were lost. I understand that this widespread rioting in Okrika occurred twice in the Eastern Region. The Prime Minister and the Cabinet did not think it fit on that occasion to declare a state of public emergency in the Eastern Region.

“But, because the Action Group is pursuing the normal democratic processes as laid down in our Constitution to oust someone who happens to be very close friend of the Prime Minister, and also because the Action Group is looked upon as a moral foe to the N.P.C., this very far-reaching provision of our Constitution is now being invoked, only in respect of what might be described as squabbles inside the Chamber of the Western House of Assembly. It is doing violence to our Constitution and doing violence to the construction of words to suggest that what happened in the Western House of Assembly amounts to a state of public emergency.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by totit: 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
angry
Can't you guys see what's exactly happening,playing out here t

This beautiful thread is under attack and about to go into extinction undecided

I am disappointed mehnn
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
laudate:

Hehehe.... I believe he is Yoruba, but he just has a different way of thinking. cheesy One thing I have learnt about Yorubas over the years, is their ability to tolerate divergent views. They don't follow one perspective or person, sheepishly or blindly. They firmly believe respect, has to be earned. And if you can persuade them with superior logic, they are ready to shift position to accommodate a better way of thinking, or a better way of doing things. undecided I hope I am making sense. And I hope my views have not offended anyone. I was just thinking aloud. sad

Your views are too kind to that child.

So which of his views have been superior so far?

Tell him to tell us what Yorubas are gaining from one Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
laudate:

Egbon, I don't just believe it - I have literally seen real examples of it, happening live! shocked They get away with things that no southerner or middle-belt person, would ever get away with. Even when the Fulanis and/or Kanuris disagree among themselves, there is a way they settle it behind the scene, and use people from other parts as scapegoats. There are certain things I can't discuss openly, but trust me when I say the dichotomy, is real! sad

When Olu Falae was kidnapped, his abductors went free?

When some aboookis cause troubled in mile 12, they were patted on the back?

When some Kanuris decided to become Boko Haram, Nigerian Army gave them leeway?

When Abiola died, northerners didnt concede the presidency to Yorubas?

When PMB travelled on medical vacation, he didnt handover to Osinbajo as acting president?
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
ODVanguard:

I'll say it again that you're arguing from a position of ignorance. I'll allow Awo himself to respond to your 'why the West of the 4 Regions' question coz even he didn't feel the state of emergency was justified, considering that other regions also had their own fair share of crises yet the central government didn't deem it fit to declare a state of emergency in any of those hotspots. Read it slowly and hopefully your ignorance would be cured once and for all.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/awos-reply-state-emergency-1962/

Awo's Reply to the State of Emergency in 1962:

(Excerpts)
[b]“The first question which any reasonable person ought to ask himself is this. Is there a state of emergency in the Western Region? That is the most important question which the Prime Minister and the Cabinet must ask themselves. I submit with greater respect that a state of emergency does not exist in Western Nigeria. “Not long ago after independence, there was rioting of a most severe nature in the Tiv Division of Northern Nigeria.

Several lives were lost, several properties were destroyed, there was arson and a host other crimes were committed. At that time, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was the Prime Minister as he is the Prime Minister,today. He did not think it fit to call this Parliament to declare a state of emergency in the Northern Region.

Also in Okrika- there was widespread rioting in Okrika; again, several lives and properties were lost. I understand that this widespread rioting in Okrika occurred twice in the Eastern Region. The Prime Minister and the Cabinet did not think it fit on that occasion to declare a state of public emergency in the Eastern Region.

“But, because the Action Group is pursuing the normal democratic processes as laid down in our Constitution to oust someone who happens to be very close friend of the Prime Minister, and also because the Action Group is looked upon as a moral foe to the N.P.C., this very far-reaching provision of our Constitution is now being invoked, only in respect of what might be described as squabbles inside the Chamber of the Western House of Assembly. It is doing violence to our Constitution and doing violence to the construction of words to suggest that what happened in the Western House of Assembly amounts to a state of public emergency.[/b]

Yorubaland has always been attacked from all sides.

i.e
Political
Immigration
FG's resource control - Ogun state and Lagos pay the most royalties and taxes to FG.

Yet you have some omo ales wanting to live in bondage because of the scraps they get from the government.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Deedeedee5: 9:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

All Yoruba leaders share my opinion be it APC, PDP or Afenifere.
They are all calling for a restructured Nigeria.
You will wait till you get old and die

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 9:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
kn23h:

Sigh.... when you realize that you've been wasting your time with a fool. embarassed embarassed

How many Ibo leaders, who are as powerful as Tinubu, supports Biafra openly? How many Ibo governors, senators, speakers etc openly support Biafra?

Do you think politicians speak for the people's interest?

Top political ibo leaders in govt may not call for Biafra openly because they will be going against the oath they swore.

But they are not openly preaching one Nigeria either. Some of them have even openly supported Kanu.

Are our clergymen and clerics also politicians

What of Afenifere and OPC?
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2017
totit:
angry

I am disappointed mehnn

We will soon reroute. I need to know who is who on this thread because some omo ales will try to sabotage any Pro-Yoruba effort we try to build i.e facebook education I proposed earlier. Na their type go report the page as spam because anything Pro-Yoruba is anti-OneNigeria to them.

Have you forgotten how some Yorubas reported that Yoruba commonwealth thread? So many Saboteurs amongst us.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
kn23h:

Yorubaland has always been attacked from all sides.

i.e
Political
Immigration
FG's resource control - Ogun state and Lagos pay the most royalties and taxes to FG.

Yet you have some omo ales wanting to live in bondage because of the scraps they get from the government.

Please what are the royalties and taxes Lagos and Ogun pay to the FG?

Dont they get federal allocation?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
kn23h:

We will soon reroute. I need to know who is who on this thread because some omo ales will try to sabotage any Pro-Yoruba effort we try to build i.e facebook education I proposed earlier. Na their type go report the page as spam because anything Pro-Yoruba is anti-OneNigeria to them.

You are a juvenile.

Most offline Yorubas know better.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
Deedeedee5:

You will wait till you get old and die

No wahala

Those coming behind will have it.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Johnnyessence(m): 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

hahahahaha

Omode n se e
o funny ooooo. Erin sin pami. State it here why yoruba should be part of one Nigeria. And stop raising unnecessary questions.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy: 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
Oya make una leave stories let's start posting profiles. I think someone should open a thread for discussion on whether Yoruba should stay with Nigeria or not. But for now let's get back to the reason why this thread is created

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy: 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
Omoluabi Mortgage Bank plc

Omoluabi Mortgage Bank Plc offers residential and commercial mortgage financing services. It provides mortgage products including national housing fund mortgage loans, commercial mortgages, property acquisition loans, and loans for business and trading purposes; and construction loans and other financial services. The company also offers personal banking products comprising accounts, such as children’s, savings, gold personal current, corporate, home ownership, and call accounts; term and fixed deposits; certificate of deposits; and housing investment funds. In addition, it provides corporate banking products, including overdrafts, and property development finance and trading. The company was formerly known as Omoluabi Savings and Loans Plc and changed its name to Omoluabi Mortgage Bank Plc in January 2016. Omoluabi Mortgage Bank Plc was incorporated in 1993 and is headquartered in Osogbo, Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy: 9:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Dr. Adebayo Jimoh
Chairman, Omoluabi Mortgage Bank plc

Dr. Adebayo Jimoh is an Industrial Pyschologist by training. A graduate of the University of Ilorin and holds a Master of Science degree from the University of Ibadan, he has an MBA degree from the Enugu State University of Science (ESUT) Business School.

He is a certified member of the British Institute of Marketing, a member of the Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM), a member of the Institute of Directors and a Fellow of the National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria.

Dr. Jimoh served as the General Manager for John Holt Ventures from 1994 – 1996 and thereafter moved to Yamaha Motorcycle Company as the General Manager in 1997, before his appointment as Executive Director in charge of the Group Operations of John Holt Plc in 2003.

He retired as the Group Managing Director/CEO of Odua Investment Company in May 2005. He is currently the Chairman of OMOLUABI Mortgage Bank Plc and was appointed to the Board of Lafarge Africa Plc on the 16 March 2011.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by oduastates: 9:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ok , No more politics
Back to yoruba owned businesses and industrialists

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
totit:
angry

I am disappointed mehnn

Rather, I have been able to grow this thread and freeze the useless ibo thread that wanted to catch up with this one in terms of number of pages as consolation for having their foolishness in questioning Yoruba industry laid bare before them.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

You are a juvenile.

Most offline Yorubas know better.

A juvenile that tries to educate Yorubas on this thread, while 'grown up agbayas' like yourself, run amok on Biafra and APC/PDP threads. How does the latter help the Yoruba interest and knowledge-wealth?

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by MadamT(f): 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
9jakool:

It's all right. I am for whatever benefits the people. The federal government is too big as it is. If regionalism or separatism is the way to move forward, then so be it.

What's even more painful is the cultural aspect. In Africa, it's hard to find a country where the official/institutional language of education isn't foreign. Instead of promoting Yoruba's culture, Yoruba culture is being thrown away and you are considered more posh if you speak English and not your native language. Funny enough is most Nigerians aren't excellent in the English language. I want an autonomous state where Yoruba is the language of government and education institutions where local dialects will thrive and English will be a side language reserved only on the international stage.

Good post.

Been meaning to log in to hail this brilliant thread. Will do in a mo. But first, I'd like to comment on aspects of this post and the bolded.

It's a shame that our native language is seen as too 'loki'. It's been going on a long time though and seems to have gradually got worse since my time in Nigeria. I remember back in school in the 70s, when we got to Form 3 and were choosing our key subjects, those who chose one of the three main languages as part of their chosen subjects were usually sniggered at. Most students who, for example, chose Yoruba did so, not because they loved it but just to add numbers to their other chosen subjects

In class, we were penalised for "speaking vernacular". Some students who were not so good at speaking the English language would remain mute in class so as not to pay the fine or be laughed at by their peers.

I totally agree about the bolded. I think the lack of promotion of the Yoruba language (or any of the other native languages) stems from ignorance. The ignorant belief that English is superior to our indigenous languages and/or that we must only speak it to our kids so they can be fluent in it. Many don't know or believe that actually, children are born with the innate ability to learn and speak more than one human languages fluently.

Our Asians brothers here don't joke with their native tongue. All their children are spoken to and are taught to speak their language of origin. These children also speak English fluently.

Like you said, it's not that most Nigerians speak perfect, plum-in-the-mouth, queen's English anyway so why not perfect and promote the language native to us?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
Johnandv:

OH my God will you shup up this foolish bastard!!!!!
Do you know how many Nigerians were deported from Libya, do you know many Nigerians living in Egypt, do you know how many are living in differemt cities of morocco, what is wrong with you stvpid brain this cursed boy!!. What you don't know you ask questions and stop showing your age to everyone. HABA!!!!

Looonatic flatiyeasterner!

The returnees were nobody in Nigeria before they left for 'greener pastures'.

Hence, they returned as nobodies - deportees.

A lizard in Nigeria wont become a crocodile abroad.

Stubborn goat!!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 9:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
kn23h:

A juvenile that tries to educate Yorubas on this thread, while 'grown up agbayas' like yourself, run amok on Biafra and APC/PDP threads. How does the latter help the Yoruba interest and knowledge-wealth?

Me on Biafra thread

Where and when

Politics? Yes! cool

Even then, I am more of a Yoruba apologist. cool

I dont really care about APC or PDP.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by MadamT(f): 9:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
Well done to all the contributors of this great thread.

Laudate et.al. God bless you all.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
hilroy:
Oya make una leave stories let's start posting profiles. I think someone should open a thread for discussion on whether Yoruba should stay with Nigeria or not. But for now let's get back to the reason why this thread is created

My apologies. You may proceed with the original intention of the thread. Some omo ales can't learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
raker300:
Judith Uzoma –Kiddies Fantasy

Bullshiiiit!

Where is the industry in that? Common enterprise!!
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ModsWillKillNL: 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
kn23h:

My apologies. You may proceed with the original intention of the thread. Some omo ales can't learn.

@bolded

O l'eko, abi won ko e, o gba eko

O kin s'omoluabi rara

SMH sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.