Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,891 members, 7,852,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (593463 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by shukuokukobambi: 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
kn23h:

Se o ti ri be?

Oya, je ki n mo igba to n bo.

Ma so fun gate man mi pe omo Dangote n bo lati wa kimi nile grin grin grin grin

wa se ire. O damo baje baje cheesy

mio fe soro ju ki awon laudate, hilroy and co ma lo ma fi eti si grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

LOLOL Mo je ri e.

Emi na o fe ki awon sisi eko gba OMO DANGOTE lowo mi. wink
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by shukuokukobambi: 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
kn23h:

LOLOL Mo je ri e.

Emi na o fe ki awon sisi eko gba OMO DANGOTE lowo mi. wink

Ni bo?? won to be grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Ni bo?? won to be grin

ahaha Mo n expect tank yen o. Double am for me jare smiley
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomeelo: 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2017

Dapo Abe
DIRECTOR

MORGAN OMONITAN & ABE Ltd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Agbaletu: 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2017
kn23h:
Lord, I stopped archiving at 198 [from 254].....need to go down to 179.

Now una don add 10 more pages in 2 days.

Y'all giving me work to do grin grin
Oodua a gbe e o!
Well done!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by shukuokukobambi: 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
kn23h:

ahaha Mo n expect tank yen o. Double am for me jare smiley

kosi wahala jare grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by WhoBannedMyBro: 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
FKO81:
Collins Nweke, first African elected into Belgian Parliament

Collins Nweke (born 14 July 1965 in Igbuzo, Nigeria) is a Belgian politician of the Green Party currently serving a second term of office as Councillor at the Ostend City Council in West Flanders province. Collins Nweke is of Nigerian origin, and settled in Belgium in 1993. He is the first and so far the only non-Belgian born person to be elected to political office in West Flanders. He is particularly active in social welfare and ethnic minority issues. He stood as a candidate for the European Parliament in the 2014 elections.

Nweke has served as Chief Executive and Chairman of Nigerians in Diaspora in Europe (NIDO Europe), and has been active in consultancy and advocacy in the field of socio-economic development for Nigeria and for Africa in general.

Where is the industry/company

shior!
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by WhoBannedMyBro: 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
FKO81:
Faith Mba, an Igbo man who bought Brattleboro ford

Brattleboro Ford dealership acquired, name changed to Faith’s Ford

Nigerian immigrant, now U.S. citizen, Mba Faith has acquired Brattleboro Ford in Brattleboro, Vt. and changed the name to Faith’s Ford, reports the Brattleboro Reformer.

A 10-man company is no big deal. smiley
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by WhoBannedMyBro: 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
prodigy24:
John Abraham Godson (né Godson Chikama Onyekwere; born 25 November 1970) is a Polish politician of Nigerian descent, a university teacher and a former Charismatic minister. He served as a Member of the Sejm between 2010-2015, most recently as a member of the PSL.

John Godson
John Godson Sejm 013.JPG
Member of the Sejm
In office
14 December 2010 – 25 October 2015
Constituency 9 – Łódź
Personal details
Born 25 November 1970 (age 46)
Umuahia, Nigeria
Nationality Nigerian-Polish
Political party Polish People's Party (2015-present)
Independent (2014-2015)
Poland Together (2013-2014)
Civic Platform (Until 2013)
Biography Edit

Godson Chikama Onyekwere was born in Nigeria to an Igbo family. He moved to Poland in 1993, and in 2001 became a Polish citizen. In 2008, he became a member of the Łódź City Council. In 2007, he unsuccessfully ran in the Polish parliamentary election. In 2010, he was re-elected for the City Council with 4736 votes, the second best result out of almost 800 candidates. As former MP Hanna Zdanowska was elected Mayor of Łódź in the same election, Godson replaced her as a member of the Sejm. He was sworn in on 14 December 2010. The "Obama bump" is considered by many the reason for the many votes he received during the Sejm campaign.[1] His supporters were known to cheer "Wiwat! Wiwat polski Obama!" ("Long live the Polish Obama!"wink. John Godson was re-elected as a member of the Polish parliament on 9 October 2011 with 29,832 votes [2]

Godson often emphasizes the importance of education and he is the holder of numerous academic degrees. He has a bachelor of science degree in agronomy from Abia State University in Nigeria (1987–92). He also holds Masters degrees in Human Resource Management and Development from Trinity College and Seminary in Newburgh, Indiana (2000–03)[3] and International relations from the Łódź Academy of International Studies (2006–08).[4] He finished two doctorate studies at the University of Warsaw (political Science- 2011) and University of Łódź (Management- 2012). He also holds a joint MBA/MSPC (Master of Business Administration/Master of Science in Professional Communication) run by Clark University and the Łódź Academy of Management.[5]

He was a senior lecturer at the Technical University of Szczecin (1993–97) and at Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań. He is a guest lecturer in various institutions of higher learning in Poland and abroad. He the founder of GODSON GROUP- a conglomerate of five companies and four foundations including the African Institute in Poland [6] and John Godson Foundation.[7] The New African magazine named him as being amongst 100 of the most influential people in Africa in 2015. On 14 November 2016, The Polish government decorated him with the National Merit Award- BENE MERITO for promoting Polish-Africa relations

Religious views Edit

Godson is a former minister of Polish Charismatic "Church of God in Christ". He is known for his strong religious beliefs. He calls himself "[...]a slave of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the Gospel of God."[8]

Views on racism in Poland Edit

Godson has stated that there is "no racism" in Poland. Talking to Biuletyn Migracyjny, he said: "I've always said and still underline, that in my opinion there is no racism in Poland. There is, however, something that I call low inter-cultural competences. And this can be changed by more contact between different cultures and societal groups. No law can change the mentality of people".[9]

Godson has said that the word "Murzyn", the Polish word most commonly used to refer to black people, is not offensive and that he is proud to be called a 'Murzyn'.[10] Mamadou Diouf, a black Polish musician and representative of the Committee for the African Community (Komitet Społeczności Afrykańskiej), has criticised Godson for his use of the word, saying that it has only had "negative connotations" and that Godson does not know the origin of the word.[11]

Where is the industry in this

Pathetic!
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by WhoBannedMyBro: 9:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
FKO81:
Prof Austine Esogbue: First African To Obtain Ph.D In Industry/System Engineering

Prof. Austin Esogbue, is the ex-Director, African Studies &Research Programme, Howard University, Washington D.C, and the only African in the service of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). He is a Professor Emeritus in Stewart School of Industrial & Systems Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
He came to Georgia Tech in June 1972 as an Associate Professor of Industrial & Systems Engineering with joint appointment with the Health Systems Research Centre. In June of 1977, he was promoted to Full Professor with tenure. His research interests include dynamic programming, fuzzy sets, decision making and control in a fuzzy environment, and operations research with applications to socio-technical systems such as health care, water resource management and disaster control planning.
He is also the Director of the Intelligent Systems and Controls Laboratory which is currently investigating a hybrid approach to intelligent control via fuzzy sets, neural networks, and reinforcement learning theories as well as its application to various large-scale, nonlinear and uncertain dynamical systems.
In addition to his research, Dr. Esogbue taught courses in dynamic programming, stochastic operations research, engineering design, and neuro-fuzzy control. He is also considerably involved in a number of civic activities in Atlanta such as the Atlanta Sister Cities Commission (Vice-Chair), Leadership Atlanta Development Corporation, and the 100 Black Men of Atlanta, Inc.
He is a recipient of a scholarship from The Africa-America Institute and received a Bachelor of Science in Electrical-Engineering with minor in Mathematics from the University of Los Angeles in 1964.
His research interests include dynamic programming, fuzzy sets, decision making and control in a fuzzy environment, and operations research with applications to socio-technical systems such as health care, water resource management and disaster control planning.
As Director of the Intelligent Systems and Controls Laboratory, he investigated a hybrid approach to intelligent control via fuzzy sets, neural networks, and reinforcement learning theories as well as its application to various large-scale, nonlinear and uncertain dynamical systems. He previously served on NASA’s Aerospace Safety Advisory Panel.

As an alumnus of AAI, he was one of the lead organizers for the AAI Nigerian Alumni Reunion — under the theme, “Looking back 50 years and Moving Forward into the Future” — in 2011 in Lagos, Nigeria. He is also actively involved in civic activities in Atlanta, including the Atlanta Sister Cities Commission (Vice-Chair), Leadership Atlanta Development Corporation, and the 100 Black Men of Atlanta, Inc.
He received an M.S. in Industrial Engineering/Operations Research from Columbia University and a Ph.D in Systems Engineering and Operations Research from University of Southern California where he was the first African to obtain a Ph.D in the Industry and Systems Engineering field.

@first bolded
Are you sure
Cos you flatiyeasterners can claim first anyhow.

All the same, it's off the debate.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by WhoBannedMyBro: 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
Weinberg:

4 Igbo people were already in their 7th year in British Parliament before 3 Afonja were recently elected..

We are leading and setting records..

Is that what you mean by "Igbos Are Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa"

Crazy!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Mnbv: 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
Guys u people are doing a great job !! Page 263? Keep it up✅✅✅✅✅✅

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by WhoBannedMyBro: 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2017
Weinberg:

As Long as it's science and technology, we have no rival!

hahahahahaha

I once heard flatiyeasterners and chimps are distant cousins grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by WhoBannedMyBro: 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
Weinberg:
All these posts and comments are reposted in Afonja thread just to increase their page..

They have run out of facts, info and reason...

What they do now is to recycle their old posts and make further comments on it.

All our posts are in their thread!

This is pure concession of defeat and inferiority complex.

hahahahahaha

E pain am! grin

He'd rather I countered him in their dustbin of a thread. grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomeelo: 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
WhoBannedMyBro:

@first bolded
Are you sure
Cos you flatiyeasterners can claim first anyhow.

All the same, it's off the debate.

You know the losers can not do anything without first, massive, mega, huge, ultra modern, world class...

They love to pull silly claims out of the anuss..this is how they get caught lying all the time.

na low self-esteem.

What's the meaning of the first PHD rubbish sef?

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by WhoBannedMyBro: 9:22pm On Aug 21, 2017
deomeelo:

You know the losers can not do anything without first, massive, mega, huge, ultra modern, world class...

They love to pull silly claims out of the anuss..this is how they get caught lying all the time.

na low self-esteem.

What's the meaning of the first PHD rubbish sef?

They are extremely pathetic people! angry

And they are still arguing senselessly despite being busted left, right and centre. angry
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomeelo: 9:22pm On Aug 21, 2017

Industrial & Systems Engineering
Olufemi A. Omitaomu, PhD
Joint ORNL-UT Associate Professor

Biography

University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering

Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, Senior Research Scientist, Computational Sciences and Engineering Division

Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, Research Scientist, Computational Sciences and Engineering Division

Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Computational Sciences and Engineering Division

McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada, Postdoctoral Fellow

Project Engineer, Mobil Producing Nigeria

Meanwhile, we have this smart and talented Yoruba brother and young Systems engineering Prof putting it down at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Google what they do at Oak Ridge National Laboratory sef and give this talented Yoruba brother a big round of applause.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomeelo: 9:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
Weinberg:
All these posts and comments are reposted in Afonja thread just to increase their page..

They have run out of facts, info and reason...

What they do now is to recycle their old posts and make further comments on it.

All our posts are in their thread!

This is pure concession of defeat and inferiority complex.

See cry baby... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 11:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
OkutaNla:
Deomeelo, laudate, hilroy, kn23h and everyone else that has been contributing their posts to this great thread, big kudos to you guys. I doff my hat to your research and presentation skills. Una too much.

Thanks, boss. Your kind words are much appreciated!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 11:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
ODVanguard:
@deomeelo, laudate: Have you guys done anything on Alhaji Tajudeen Owoyemi, Chairman of Avalon Intercontinental Limited, owners of the new Renaissance Ikeja Hotel and some Protea hotels in Lagos?

Wha-aa-at??! You mean the Renaissance Hotel is owned by a Nigerian? Wow! shocked

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
WhoBannedMyBro:

A 10-man company is no big deal. smiley
Ah han, don't mind him, o jare! The guy he is eulogising is just a car dealer, nah! sad All he did was to get a car dealership franchise from Ford. Who is he trying to fool?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 11:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
kn23h:
Awon oga mi at the top lo n se ise ju o. Awon laudate ati deomelo and co.

Oko mi je epo o, se o fe bami ra epo ni? grin
shukuokukobambi:

Erm.... would you be kind enough to translate this bit? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ODVanguard: 11:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
laudate:

Wha-aa-at??! You mean the Renaissance Hotel is owned by a Nigerian? Wow! shocked

Yes bro. I am talking about the one at ikeja gra, in the attached pix. The man also owns the Protea hotel at gra as well. Confam.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 11:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
laudate:

lol

Awon oga mi at the top lo n se ise ju o. Awon laudate ati deomelo and co. - My boss at the top are the ones doing the most work. Peeps like laudate, and deomelo.

mio fe soro ju ki awon laudate, hilroy and co ma lo ma fi eti si - I don't want to talk too much so that laudate, hilroy and co wouldn't hear.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 12:03am On Aug 22, 2017
deomeelo:

Oakwood Residences, Cooper/Femi Okunnu Road, Ikoyi

Pastor (Dr) Arabambi Is The Founder And Chief Executive Of Heroes Investments Company Limited.

Ah Eledumare Baba mimo, please bless my hustle this year, o!! cool Let this kind of success be written against my own name too. My name and those of all my friends on this thread, must be written in the book of prosperity, without any delay! Can I get an 'Amen,' from somebody??

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 22, 2017
laudate:

Ah Eledumare Baba mimo, please bless my hustle this year, o!! cool Let this kind of success be written against my own name too. My name and those of all my friends on this thread, must be written in the book of prosperity, without any delay! Can I get an 'Amen,' from somebody??
AMEN!!!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 12:10am On Aug 22, 2017
kn23h:
lol

Awon oga mi at the top lo n se ise ju o. Awon laudate ati deomelo and co. - My boss at the top are the ones doing the most work. Peeps like laudate, and deomelo.

mio fe soro ju ki awon laudate, hilroy and co ma lo ma fi eti si - I don't want to talk too much so that laudate, hilroy and co wouldn't hear.
Hehehehe..... grin I thought for a minute you were using some secret code, to plan something else! cheesy A lot of people are working behind the scenes too, not just the few of us you mentioned. God bless you for your kind words! wink I must confess Deomelo & Hilroy have been truly exceptional! Others have also inspired us with their favourable comments, and encouraged u,s too. cheesy Thanks, all!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 12:15am On Aug 22, 2017
laudate:

Hehehehe..... grin I thought for a minute you were using some secret code, to plan something else! cheesy A lot of people are working behind the scenes too, not just the few of us you mentioned. God bless you for your kind words! wink I must confess Deomelo & Hilroy have been truly exceptional! Others have also inspired us with their favourable comments, and encouraged u,s too. cheesy Thanks, all!

So humble.

If na potor boy now, im for claim 90% of the content on this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomeelo: 12:46am On Aug 22, 2017
laudate:

Amin Ase l'gbara Eledumare.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by shukuokukobambi: 1:02am On Aug 22, 2017
laudate:

Trying to keep it secret from you. Do quick tie down the Ijesha babe wey go dey translate for you grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomeelo: 1:35am On Aug 22, 2017

Funke Olaniran. CEO, Eternal Gems

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.