Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (586947 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2017
vanbonattel:

The way you celebrate these backyard products is shameful. So the yorubas has crashed so low that they celebrate mere chemical that small Igbo boys mix everyday and make their millions without saying it. Everyone should help me feel ashamed for the yorubas.

Ibos' evious nature.

They want biafra because they can't compete with Yorubas.

I guess we're back to this cool

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:12am On Jul 16, 2017
Yoruba

COMPUTER WAREHOUSE GROUP

Computer Warehouse Group Records N15bn Revenue http://www.ngbafrica.com/computer-warehouse-group-records-n15bn-revenue/

With over two decades of immense contribution to the information communication and technology sector, CWG Plc has continuously remained a benchmark for excellence in Africa. The company commenced operations in Nigeria, on September 26th 1992 as Computer Warehouse Limited principally to cater for the hardware projects. In 1994, DCC Networks was established as the communication arm, to provide VSAT, Metropolitan, Wide Area and Local area networks to corporate organizations. In order to concentrate on demands in the area of software solutions, system and training, the Expert Edge software was acquired in 1997. In 2005, CWG Plc was incorporated to co-ordinate and monitor the activities of the three subsidiaries. Prior this establishment, a branch in Ghana was set-up in 2003 to cater for the needs of the West African region. The Group Company was formed to provide Head Office functions and Shared Resources for the subsidiaries from a central point to make them leaner, efficient and more customer focused. By 2012, CWG Plc merged with its three subsidiaries, this made the subsidiaries cease to exist as separate entities, rather as divisions.In pursuit of its Pan-African Vision, CWG Plc established other regional offices in East and Central Africa; CWG Uganda Limited (2010) and CWG Plc Cameroon Limited (2012) respectively to handle the business interest in these regions.
In February, 2013, CWG Plc ceased to be a Private Limited Company and became a Public Company. Also, on the 15th of November 2013, CWG Plc listed its shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. The listing boosted the market Capitalization of the NSE by about N14 billion naira, making CWG PLC the highest capitalized security in the ICT sector. CWG PLC’s listing also marked the first listing on the exchange after the launch of the X-Gen trading engine; same engine used on the NASDAQ.

CWG Plc believes in and pursues an excellent service culture, and delivers its operations through global best practices using its ISO9001 certification process across the whole group.

Over time, we have received a number of accolades from our partners, customers, media and professional bodies as a result of our service excellence and increased performance. Most recently, The World Economic Forum (WEF) recognized CWG Plc as a Global Growth Company.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2017
vanbonattel:

I used to be simple and uncaring about tribes till I got to Lagos. Chai, see the way yorubas dear you if you are Igbo. They are just too afraid of Igbos that it's haunting them.

But we must do what we must. We must prosper both home and away.
they are afraid that's why usually come to collect money being in group
not 3 not 4 but 5 to 10

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2017
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by StOla: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2017
vanbonattel:

Please create it this very minute and get swamped with hard facts as usual. I repeat, Igbos are better than yorubas in almost every good indices.

Igbos are good at catching up. Yorubas will always set standards for Africa, but while Igbos are attempting to catch-up as they are wont to do, we will be setting new frontiers for the next generation of Igbos to learn and catch up.

As regards indices, ever heard of the following industries and profession?

-Banking, Finance and Accounting
-Insurance
-Telecommunications
-Oil and Gas
-Law
-Manufacturing
-Medicine
-Engineering
-Politics
-Academia
-Theatre Arts
-Importation and Exportation as a business that was pioneered by Yoruba merchants who were returnees from Brazil and were trading between Lagos and the Americas continent at a time the Igbos were still learning how to letter their own language at the feet of Samuel Ajayi Crowther.

Who are the pioneers or the biggest investors in those sectors in Nigeria? Any Igbo achievement in those sectors is the result of catching up to a Yoruba standard that still keeps them beneath.

Name one notable or historic Igbo in those fields, and I will name a more notable and prehistoric Yoruba in that same field.

Name one industrious Igbo in those fields, and I will articulate with facts the conglomerate founded and run by a Yoruba in that same field.

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 16, 2017
vanbonattel:

And which one did yorubas assemble, apart from jealousy and envy.?

Innoson is competing with Toyota, yorubas are competing with themselves flying like winch for night grin

They have shown Jac assembled by Elizade, Proforce armoured vehicles several, shown you Obasa armoured vehicles, shown you nepaless pressing iron, omatek several computers, plasma TV, router, mekamon robot, several house hold item, poundo yam, Ola Ola, north products, Deedee wines, dobbee shoes, tablet encipher, solo android, champion phones etc, yet you still screaming for more when you have just been posting three products since. You guys are insufferable pipsqueak suffering from megalomania.

When any Ibo home and in diaspora can have a plant/wharehouse like this. Mail me.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Omofunaab2: 10:16am On Jul 16, 2017
Jetleeee:

ODVanguard Omofunaab2 have you guys seen this? grin cheesy

I swear dis potopoto people no go kill person.. He say Aba made G-wagon = 30 million

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by pazienza(m): 10:17am On Jul 16, 2017
PVision2020:

http://thenationonlineng.net/tekena-tamuno-a-tribute/
Emeritus Professor of History and former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Tekena Tamuno, passed on at the age of 83 last week. An erudite scholar of international repute, he was rightly described by President Goodluck Jonathan as “an edifice of knowledge, epitomising the capacity of Nigerians to be among the best in the world in their
chosen profession.”

Foolishness is when you think you know better than an Emeritus professor of history who is widely recognize as the pioneer of historians in Nigeria.
Boy you're a Neophyte, you don't know anything.

Lol! So the man was mentored by Afonjas? Always suspected foul play and wondered why his book looks and sound to be straight up the stables of Afonja propaganda machine. It all made sense now. He wrote trash with no neutral source to back him up. Sorry bro, your professor is a bad history revisionist. Can't believe he is even a prof, no wonder the country failed.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:20am On Jul 16, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by pazienza(m): 10:22am On Jul 16, 2017
robotix:

Lol. I have made my points clear already. Nuff said... and with all due respect, you don't tell me when to leave a thread or not. Take note!

Your points don't show wisdom.
Yes, you are right, I don't have the right to tell you to leave a thread. You are a full fledged adult. My apologies.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:23am On Jul 16, 2017
pazienza:

Your points doesn't show wisdom.
Yes, you are write, I don't have the right to tell you to leave a thread. You are a full fledged adult. My apologies.

He said he doesn't want to envy Yorubas like the Ibos on this thread. Na by force?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:23am On Jul 16, 2017
See them with their multiple IDs grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:26am On Jul 16, 2017
Realman87:

You have WON my permanent respect for your post. The yoruba attitude is the reason why the black man lags behind in every aspect of life. We need to put the black race and Nigeria's interest first. This does not mean that yarubas are not doing well. Of course they are, but they should know that God Almighty distributes talents differently. What the igbos have in innovation and industry akin to the Germans, the yoruba have in many other areas. all they need to do is look for their own God given talent and develop it. There is no need to deny the igbos talent, undermine it or hate them for it. NO. we must support them, encourage them and work with them for the interest of the black race. Until yorubas conquer their deep seated tribal envy, Nigeria and the black race will forever be in bondage. And we must defeat that yoruba attitude.

lmaoooo this is hilarious!!

A Yoruba man opens a thread about successful businesses he owns, Ibos jump on the thread to belittle the Yoruba man out of fear and intimidation. Ibos and deceit. chaiiii.

You, child, need to check yourself in the mirror.

The thread aint going anywhere. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:27am On Jul 16, 2017
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by pazienza(m): 10:27am On Jul 16, 2017
PVision2020:

The last time I checked, the so called slave is ur acting president and he recently summoned all the osu leaders and they all obeyed the short slave.
Ur highest political office holder, ikweremadu was @ the house of Tinubu (another slave) seeking political mentoring.
The SW "(the region of the slaves)" is the most developed and contribute the highest IGR to the nation Economy, unlike the deserted and desolate SE whose people are on mass Exodus.
The masters (igbo) are continually seeking freedom from the so called slave. Pathetic
I think I prefer this kind of slavery. LOL

Boy you're a Neophyte, you don't know anything.

Lol! Osubande is a mere commissioner with no real Powers, we know he is a mere stooge, if I were you, I would stop beating up his drums, lest your Fulani masters get too angry and do... cheesy

The Brown roofs of SW disagrees with you. Your virtual industries and companies can't save Osun and their likes economy, even your governor had adviced you lots to leave Virtual world industries and companies, and come to Aba to learn how to marry indigenous creativity with productivity and solve real world problems. grin

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:28am On Jul 16, 2017
Osaze007:

They have boxed you to a corner with evidence and this is all you can say
This is how baseless you igbos are
Yoruba -1000 Igbo -0

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:30am On Jul 16, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! Osubande is a mere commissioner with no real Powers, we know he is a mere stooge, if I were you, I would stop beating up his drums, lest your Fulani masters get too angry and do... cheesy

The Brown roofs of SW disagrees with you. Your virtual industries and companies can't save Osun and their likes economy, even your governor had adviced you lots to leave Virtual world industries and companies, and come to Aba to learn how to marry indigenous creativity with productivity and solve real world problems. grin

I can't help but to laugh. Ibos are sooooooo jealough of Yorubas I swear.

How did Osibanjo enter the convo. You for kuku talk about Amosun too, im be Yoruba grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by pazienza(m): 10:30am On Jul 16, 2017
Craftsmen at Aba, Abia State as well as traders at Onitsha, Anambra State should get prepared to receive new apprentices from Ekiti State.

This is being promoted as a bid by the Ekiti State government to ensure that Ekiti youths are trained to be self-reliant and look beyond government patronage, and to also prove that, aside education, developing unskilled Ekiti youths does not warrant only sending them overseas for training.
The idea was floated by Hon. (Dr.) STB Omotoso, Ekiti State House of Assembly Member-elect (Oye 1 Constituency, PDP) during a courtesy visit by Ekiti State Assembly Members-elect to the corporate head office of Vanguard Media Ltd, Kirikiri, Apapa, Lagos, on Wednesday last week.
Hon. Omotosho, while condemning critics of Gov. Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State for their criticisms of what has come to be termed “stomach infrastructure”, said such criticisms give the concept a narrow definition as it goes beyond giving gifts of bags of rice and other foodstuff to voters to influence their choice.
“Stomach infrastructure is narrowly defined by critics of Governor Fayose”, Hon. Omotosho said. “It is not all about just feeding people or giving gifts to people. If one should expatiate on the concept, it entails providing the people not only with the basic necessities of life after election, but also empowering them by making them self-reliant, with the best education and training and then giving them employment, which the Fayose government is presently engaged in.”

Speaking further, the lawmaker-elect said the Ekiti State government did not need to waste scarce resources sending Ekiti unskilled youths to Europe or America for training. “Instead, they could be sent to Aba to learn how to make shoes and bags, and to Onitsha to master trade; while those who are qualified and competent will be given local contracts. This is the concept behind the so-called ‘stomach infrastructure’ and not just distributing gift items. Stomach infrastructure goes on after election. It is about helping the poor. It is about engaging them in what can feed them earn a living. That’s what Fayose wants to continue doing. He needs stability to achieve for no progress can be made during crisis. We have had enough crisis and we want peaqce in our state.”

Aba, well known for its handicrafts, is reputed for its handmade shoes and handbags. It is also a major manufacturing and trading centre in South-Eastern Nigeria, with its Ariaria International Market as the largest market in West Africa, seconded by the Onitsha Main Market.

And Onitsha is known for its trading, where the average traders are known to bring in at least six consignments of 40 tonnes (40-feet containers) of goods annually. Some of the major importers do more than 20 consignments of 40 tonnes of goods per year.
Interestingly, the multi-billion dollar economies of both commercial towns are dominated by craftsmen and merchants many of whom do not have university education, but rely on apprenticeship to cut their teeth in the trades before going on their own.
It will be recalled that “stomach infrastructure” crept into Nigeria’s political lexicon following the 2014 Ekiti State governorship election when voters were given gifts of bags of rice and other foodstuff by office contenders to influence their choice. Both Fayose and Fayemi, the then governor gave out gifts. But Fayose’s became so prominent that it was believed to have led to his victory.
Fayose sending Ekiti youths to Aba and Onitsha in furtherance of his stomach infrastructure will be a move which is believed will enjoy the backing of the incoming Ekiti State House of Assembly, as all 26 members-elect were elected on PDP ticket, like the governor.
The youths, according to the said plan, are expected to return to Ekiti State after completing their apprenticeship, to re-enact the Aba and Onitsha phenomenon in their home state.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/new-lawmakers-define-ekiti-stomach-infrastructure/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook#sthash.6xtp

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:31am On Jul 16, 2017
afonjaheadhunt:

These are just companies in Onitsha and environs alone cheesy does it look like 5 to your awof educated brain. tongue

Ibeto Group,

Innoson vehicle & motor products

Jamek steel industry

Tummy tumny noodle

Juhel pharmaceutical

Eteleson group of industries

Coscharies group

Ekcel tomatoes refining plant

Chickason group

Kutic Tiles

Home pride paint

Pokobros group

Sun shine flour mill

Tonimas

Cutix wire & cable plc

Nero pharmaceutical

Kp pharmaceutical industry

Zubix food and beverages

Life vegitable oil

Osaks food and beverages

Piko juice

Orange drugs

Premiere brewery

Best aluminum

Union Auto battery

Ogbuawa motor products

Jesco group compay

Dozzy group of company

Anambra rice mill

Alo Aluminum

Eastern Distilleries And Food Industries

Geoelis cable

Intafact beverages

Nexans kablemetal ltd

Anizon paper mill

Udesco manufacturing ltd

MacDon group

Kristoral & co ltd

Best Aliminum

Okeyson plastic

Awotolo industry ltd

Reliable still and plastic ltd

Ezenwa plastics

King vegetable oil

Tucas compay

Veno vegetable oil

Marks on chemical industrial ltd

Citizen paint

Synico group

Bentrco group

Adswitch plc

Louis carter group

Cento group of companies

First express aluminum

Uru industrial ltd

Poly foam

Hygi line chemical industry ltd

Chemtech chemical ltd

Winco foarm

Arimaco group

Lyden farm

Tiger food industry

Hardies and dromedas

Cometstar cable

Kate associates industries

Stain Rice mill

Cochad rice mill

Nugodili industries

Geomex industries

Ascon Oil lubricants industry

KATES ASSOCIATED INDUSTRIES LTD.
Manufacturing & Marketing of Cosmetics and Toiletries

KINGSIZE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY LTD.
Manufacturing and Marketing of Pharmaceutical Products

KRISORAL AND COMPANY LTD.
Manufacturing of PET Resin Based Products (PET Bottles PET Preforms, Drug Dispense Cups, Roll-Over Pilfer-Proof (ROPP) Caps, PVC Shrink Label, PVC Shrink Film Extrusion.)

NIGERIAN MINERAL WATER INDUSTRIES LTD.
Bottling of Carbonated Soft Drinks and Treated Water

EASTERN DISTILLERIES & FOOD INDUSTRIES LTD.
Manufacturing & Distilling of Spirits and wine

EKWENIBE & SONS TRADING COMPANY LTD.
Manufacturing and Assembling, Haulage, Agro-Allied Business

EMOS BEST INDUSTRIES LTD.
Manufacturers of Baby-Care, Body-Care and Hair-Care Products

ENVOY OIL INDUSTRIES LTD.
Processing of Palm Kernel, Refining of Palm Kernel Oil and Special Palm Oil, Production of Vegetable Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Bar & Tablet Soap, Plastic Cans

FRANOSON MANNYON INTERNATIONAL COMPANY LTD.
Manufacturing of Pharmaceuticals

TOPAN ADVANCE AGRO PAPER LTD
Paper Converters, Manufacturer of Toilet papers and Plastic bags/waterproof

TRANSTELL VENTURES NIGERIA LTD.
Refining of Palm Kernel Oil into Vegetable Oil, Refining of Special Palm Oil (SPO) into RBD Oil for Food & Beverage Producers, Refining of Palm Oil into Olein and Stearine

L.L. NWADIKE & ASSOCIATES LTD.
Paper Converters, Manufacturing of Office Stationery

LOUIS CARTER GROUP OF COMPANIES
Manufacturing of Plastic Products, Auto Batteries etc

MARKSON CHEMICAL INDUSTRY (WEST AFRICA) LTD.
Manufacturing and Marketing of Industrial Chemicals

WIRE DRAW POWDER NIG LTD
Industrial Powders

MIC-MERAH GROUP LTD.
Transportation Services, Courier Services, Sales of Auto Spare Parts, Marketing of Petroleum Products, Real Estate Development, Agriculture,

SAFREED INTL NIG LTD
Industrial Raw Material Engineering

PETER E. VENTURES (NIGERIA) LTD.
Manufacturing of Light Hurricane Lantern, Plastic Hangers, Pharmaceutical Cups, Poly Bags, Fast-Food Packs and Allied Products

POKO OIL MILLS (WEST AFRICA) LTD. Production of Palm Oil, Palm Kernel Cake and Vegetable Oil

POKOBROS FOOD & CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES LTD.
Flour Milling, Production of Livestock Feeds

AWUTOLO INDUSTRIES LTD. Manufacturing of Plastic Products, Toilet Papers, Stationery and Industrial Tapes, Importation and Marketing of Educational Materials and Food Commodities

DUEMAN CHEMICALS LTD.
Manufacturing of Colourants and Printing Inks

ONITSHA ALUMINIUM MANUFACTURING COMPANY LTD. (Onalumco)
Manufacturing of Aluminum Cooking Utensils, Corrugation of Long span Roofing Sheets

ORIENT PETROLEUM RESOURCES LTD.
Exploration & Production of Crude Oil, Petroleum Refinery

AFRICANA-FIRST PUBLISHERS LTD.
Publishing of Books

OZALLA PLASTICS ENTERPRISES LTD.
Manufacturing & Marketing of Plastic Domestic Wares and Containers

PESACO CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES LTD.
Manufacturing of Hyma Foam Products

UGO GARMENTS INDUSTRIES LTD.
Manufacturing of Garments.

UNION AUTOPARTS MANUFACTURING COMPANY LTD.
Manufacturing of Auto Batteries, Spare Parts & Accessories

URU INDUSTRIES LTD.
Manufacturing of Automobile Cables

CUTIX PLC
Manufacturing and Marketing of Electrical, Automobile & Telecommunication Wire, Cables and Related Products

DANCO MANNYON INDUSTRIES LTD.
Plastic Products Manufacturing, Technical Engineering Services, Printing of Labels, Calendars and Packaging,

WHIZ PRODUCTS (WEST AFRICA) LTD.
Blending & Marketing of Lubricants and Hydraulic Fluids, Production of Adhesives, motor gasket and other motor parts

UDESCO MANUFACTURING COMPANY LTD.
Production and Marketing of Cosmetics

OBIKE INDUSTRIES (NIGERIA) LTD.
Manufacturing of Industrial Raw Materials & Allied Products, General Chemical Consultancy
ADSWITCH PLC

Manufacturing of Electric Switch-Gear & Fittings
A.N. EJEAGWU & SONS LTD.
Manufacturing and Marketing of Toilet Rolls, Jumbo Reels of Tissue Paper and Paper Napkins

GARBS ORGANISATION LTD.
Manufacturing of Rubber & Plastic Products, Production of Table Water and Yoghurt, General Merchandising, distribution of Automobile & Motorcycle Parts, Agro-Allied Business, Real Estate Development.

GINPAT ALUMINIUM PRODUCTS LTD.
Fabrication of Aluminium Roofing Sheets, Doors, Window

GOLDEN OIL INDUSTRIES LTD.
Manufacturers of Vegetable Oil, Margarine, Stearine and Bakery Fats

GOOD POLY NIG.
Polythene Manufacturing

GREATGATE INVESTMENT LTD.
Production of Longspan Aluminium Roofing Sheets, Doors & Windows, Real Estate Development, Building & Civil Engineering Construction
IJU INDUSTRIES LTD.
Manufacturing & Marketing of Rubber Products, Metal Fabrication and Works

JIMEX INDUSTRIES (NIGERIA) LTD.
Fabrication of Aluminium Products for Domestic and Construction Users.

Credit: FKO81

All these local ibo shops have at most $1m in revenue per year. Yoruba's Chicken Republic's networth is $120m.

Just saying.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by pazienza(m): 10:33am On Jul 16, 2017
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/new-lawmakers-define-ekiti-stomach-infrastructure/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook#sthash.6xtp

The above article is the truth of the matter.

Posting virtual world companies existing only on internets websites is not going to paper the cracks.

Nigeria source virtually every of its manufactured goods from importation abroad, which is why the naira failed once petrodollars for importation crashed.

The few indigenous sourced needs are known as Aba made and Igbo made. wink

Posting virtual companies and assigning bogus billions of worth to them in the light of the above facts is rather funny and unintelligent.
Imagine, someone also posted a carpentry show room grin

Lol!

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:33am On Jul 16, 2017
pazienza:
[s]Craftsmen at Aba, Abia State as well as traders at Onitsha, Anambra State should get prepared to receive new apprentices from Ekiti State.

This is being promoted as a bid by the Ekiti State government to ensure that Ekiti youths are trained to be self-reliant and look beyond government patronage, and to also prove that, aside education, developing unskilled Ekiti youths does not warrant only sending them overseas for training.
The idea was floated by Hon. (Dr.) STB Omotoso, Ekiti State House of Assembly Member-elect (Oye 1 Constituency, PDP) during a courtesy visit by Ekiti State Assembly Members-elect to the corporate head office of Vanguard Media Ltd, Kirikiri, Apapa, Lagos, on Wednesday last week.
Hon. Omotosho, while condemning critics of Gov. Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State for their criticisms of what has come to be termed “stomach infrastructure”, said such criticisms give the concept a narrow definition as it goes beyond giving gifts of bags of rice and other foodstuff to voters to influence their choice.
“Stomach infrastructure is narrowly defined by critics of Governor Fayose”, Hon. Omotosho said. “It is not all about just feeding people or giving gifts to people. If one should expatiate on the concept, it entails providing the people not only with the basic necessities of life after election, but also empowering them by making them self-reliant, with the best education and training and then giving them employment, which the Fayose government is presently engaged in.”

Speaking further, the lawmaker-elect said the Ekiti State government did not need to waste scarce resources sending Ekiti unskilled youths to Europe or America for training. “Instead, they could be sent to Aba to learn how to make shoes and bags, and to Onitsha to master trade; while those who are qualified and competent will be given local contracts. This is the concept behind the so-called ‘stomach infrastructure’ and not just distributing gift items. Stomach infrastructure goes on after election. It is about helping the poor. It is about engaging them in what can feed them earn a living. That’s what Fayose wants to continue doing. He needs stability to achieve for no progress can be made during crisis. We have had enough crisis and we want peaqce in our state.”

Aba, well known for its handicrafts, is reputed for its handmade shoes and handbags. It is also a major manufacturing and trading centre in South-Eastern Nigeria, with its Ariaria International Market as the largest market in West Africa, seconded by the Onitsha Main Market.

And Onitsha is known for its trading, where the average traders are known to bring in at least six consignments of 40 tonnes (40-feet containers) of goods annually. Some of the major importers do more than 20 consignments of 40 tonnes of goods per year.
Interestingly, the multi-billion dollar economies of both commercial towns are dominated by craftsmen and merchants many of whom do not have university education, but rely on apprenticeship to cut their teeth in the trades before going on their own.
It will be recalled that “stomach infrastructure” crept into Nigeria’s political lexicon following the 2014 Ekiti State governorship election when voters were given gifts of bags of rice and other foodstuff by office contenders to influence their choice. Both Fayose and Fayemi, the then governor gave out gifts. But Fayose’s became so prominent that it was believed to have led to his victory.
Fayose sending Ekiti youths to Aba and Onitsha in furtherance of his stomach infrastructure will be a move which is believed will enjoy the backing of the incoming Ekiti State House of Assembly, as all 26 members-elect were elected on PDP ticket, like the governor.
The youths, according to the said plan, are expected to return to Ekiti State after completing their apprenticeship, to re-enact the Aba and Onitsha phenomenon in their home state.[/s]

Laaaal..... Fayose's political foolishness at work. At the end of the day, Ekiti brothers went to teach ibo fake product makers how to make quality shoes.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:36am On Jul 16, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by afonjaheadhunt: 10:37am On Jul 16, 2017
IbosEnvyYorubas:

All these local ibo shops have at most $1m in revenue per year. Yoruba's Chicken Republic's networth is $120m.

Just saying.
Oga we know Afonjas are good at fabricating lies and stats simply list Yoruba companies like I have done for just Onitsha and stop the wails about chicken republic.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:37am On Jul 16, 2017
afonjaheadhunt:
Oga we know Afonjas are good at fabricating lies and stats simply list Yoruba companies like I have done for just Onitsha and stop the wails about chicken republic.

LOL keep calling your shops companies grin grin

This is Yoruba, show me an ibo equivalent. Take your time. I even put the source for you.

Chicken Republic food chain - Valued at $120 million dollars
www.cp-africa.com/2011/12/30/how-deji-akinyanju-founder-of-chicken-republic-built-a-multi-million-dollar-food-business/

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:39am On Jul 16, 2017
Yorubas rock!!

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2017
Osaze007:

I'm being neutral no vex
Yoruba roasted your anus
The longer you stay on this thread by repeating pictures and statements you look more defeated
Edo is more successful than Igbo
You only have population and we don't
But one on one we are better

cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 16, 2017
afonjaheadhunt:

All the ones listed on this 95 page thread are not enough, you want yours specially mailed to you. BTW what are you doing here, your own thread is low on patronage. Gerrarahia and go back to your thread or go wash some thing of mine.pained loser.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by pazienza(m): 10:44am On Jul 16, 2017
IbosEnvyYorubas:

Laaaal..... Fayose's political foolishness at work. At the end of the day, Ekiti brothers went to teach ibo fake product makers how to make quality shoes.

Fayose is in touch with the reality, that you want One Nigeria to continue to exist, so that you can run away from or mask.

Petrodollars shortage brought your Osun Virtual GDP propaganda crashing! https://www.nairaland.com/1439842/osun-state-gdp-higher-than grin

Imagine what Nigeria disintegration with loss of Lagos port monopoly will do to your current Virtual world companies existing only on the pages of internet, that no average Nigerian know or use their products. grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kozmicity: 10:45am On Jul 16, 2017
You always hear Igbo people screaming "invest in Aba market!!!"
The same market that has spoiled the very name of Nigeria.Tell me what's there to invest in when they can't invent their own ideas but instead run to duplicate authentic goods??

They want easy money always this has resulted to them tarnishing the image of the country...
Come to think of it,90%of all criminals caught both home and abroad are Igbos.

They have the energy to work for money,but not new ideas to generate cash...I once told my friend that an Igbo man bagged 3 Phd's...and her reply was "pronounce the persons name"after i did,she said"the person is an Edo man,or is it possible for an Igbo person to leave money and east years in school for a sheet of paper called certificate??

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by IbosEnvyYorubas: 10:45am On Jul 16, 2017
SwiftNerd:
You don't need evidence for this. The recession has opened every ones eyes. Most of the remaining surviving business are igbo owned. Metrics don't lie, how many of your so called start ups can survive outside Lagos? A good venture capitalist knows a good product when he sees one, how many foreign investors has poured money into your start ups. Igbos know their strengths, and are taking very much advantage of it... Even it means buying off all the corner shops in the SW

No ibo trader can survive outside of Lagos, Ibadan or Ogun.

Ogun state emerge as new industrial hub of Nigeria
https://www.cnbcafrica.com/videos/2016/05/04/ogun-state-emerge-as-new-industrial-hub-of-nigeria/

Tell me an ibo state that can match this.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.