Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Why Do Immigration Officers Intimidate 1st-time Travelers ?? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Immigration Officers Intimidate 1st-time Travelers ?? (479 Views)

Tips For First Time Travelers To An Unfamiliar Country / 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make / Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Immigration Officers Intimidate 1st-time Travelers ?? by ohmyade(m): 8:39am On Jul 13, 2017
I was at the Departure wing of MMIA last Sunday to travel to S. Africa with a new Passport when the Customs/Immigration people descended on me with various type of questions. Honestly, some of the questions did not just make sense. At the end, I realised that they were only after money.

My question: is it a crime to travel out with a virgin International Passport?

What is the government doing to curb this intimidation and embarrassment of innocent travelers?

Are they now doing the jobs of the Embassy that issued the Visa because at some point they were asking for the invitation letter from my host, as if they would confirm such letter?

It was really embarrassing.

(1) (Reply)

What Do U Think Of Kaduna State. / 4 Tips For Sleeping Comfortably At An Airport / Any Nigeria In Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.