Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Orji Uzor Kalu Lambast Ipob Over Disruption Of Election In Anambra State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor Kalu Lambast Ipob Over Disruption Of Election In Anambra State. (391 Views)

Buratai Orders Immediate Crackdown On IPOB Over Elections Disruption Threat / Igbo Group Dares Kanu, IPOB Over 2019 Elections / Festus Keyamo Mocks IPOB Over Nnamdi Kanu's Sack By Radio Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Uzor Kalu Lambast Ipob Over Disruption Of Election In Anambra State. by hatchy(f): 9:26am On Jul 13, 2017
Former governor of Abia state, Orji Uzor Kalu has explained that the call to restructure the country is not to tear the country’s unity apart insisting that no one can negotiate the unity of Nigeria.The Sun reports that the former governor said this in Abia State recently where he delivered lectures at the 2017Nigerian Bar Association.
He explained that restructuring will not lead to division as some people have posited.He said:"When we talk about restructuring, we don’t mean dividing the country, we are thinking of restructuring some social, political and local indices of the structure called Nigeria. This is because the 36 states are fairly looking as if they are not viable. And if they are not viable, what do you do? Is for you to either go back to regions or leave the six regions and go for eight to 10 regions and make them points of administration of the nation.
So, I believe that when we say restructure, people who think we are questioning the unity of the country are not getting it. This country’s unity is not negotiable by any part; nobody can negotiate the unity of this country.On the threat issued by the indigenous People Of Biafra that no election will hold in Anambra state if a day for referendum is not set, Kalu said it will be unfair to describe their agitation as un constitutional but insisted they have no right to disrupt electoral processes. He said:“It will not be fair for IPOB to say that, it is unconstitutional. They have the right to agitate for Biafra, but have no right of disrupting people’s process of registration or electing their leaders. IPOB people have every right to agitate, after all, we have free speech in the country, everybody has right to agitate for what he feels is right for him, but that should follow due process.“
You know, I went to prison to see Nnamdi Kanu when he was there and I spoke with him. I also almost at the same time visited his parents at their Afara Ukwu, Umuahia country home and I also spoke with them. That does not mean I’m in support of what he is doing as some people many tend to believe.
At the same time, I’m not against his agitation, he has that right, but like I said earlier, it must follow due process. I wish they will understand where the world is going; none of the world powers supports the division of Nigeria.“What I think we should do as a people is to come forcefully and demand for our rights, right of being president of this country, right of having equality, right of social justice and right of being treated with the same law; these are what we should be asking for.”
On the threat issued to Igbos by Arewa youths, he said:"I have spoken on this several times, I think that is not the right thing to do; you cannot ask a Nigerian citizen to leave from where he or she is living and I also believe that people who gave that order are not serious , so, people like us cannot lose sleep over that because the unity the country is non negotiable.”
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Lambast Ipob Over Disruption Of Election In Anambra State. by senatorizyking(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2017
OUK goes on his ranting again, whenever I remembered how he looted abia state dry and subsequently imposed his protégé Sen T. A ORJI as his successor to finish off where he stopped.
Choi ! I will be forced to leave the message and attack the messenger...

2 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Lambast Ipob Over Disruption Of Election In Anambra State. by genearts(m): 9:38am On Jul 13, 2017
Fr
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Lambast Ipob Over Disruption Of Election In Anambra State. by Kingsley1000(m): 9:40am On Jul 13, 2017
MUMU WE WANT REFERENDUM NOT RESTRUCTURING

(1) (Reply)

Dance Is A Form Of Exercise To Me - Senator Adeleke Ademola / Photos: Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, Meets APC Governors In Abuja / #lagoslgpolls: Police Arrest 5 With Incriminating Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.