Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) (19011 Views)

ASUU To Oyo, Osun: Declare State Of Emergency On LAUTECH / Aregbesola's Stand On Lautech University / On Lautech Strike, A Student Posted This And Got Evry1cracking Their Ribs (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by WotzupNG: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2017
https://twitter.com/bukolasaraki/status/885449799885099009

The 8th Senate has taken a stand concerning the strike in Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, ogbomosho that has kept students of the school at home for 10 months now. Yesterday, the Senate said they couldn’t tell the Federal Government to help the University pay the salary of its workers who embarked on a strike action that has grounded academic activities on campus because the school is being run by 2 States (Oyo and Osun) and out of the jurisdiction of FG.

However, the 8th Senate has asked the Federal Government to release N 4 billion to LAUTECH to enable the Institution reopen and save the future of its 34, 000 students. Secondly, the Senate asked for a committee to be put in place to help look into the situation in order to provide permanent solution by taking over the Institution.

http://wotzup.ng/see-8th-senates-motion-lautech-strike/

1 Share

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by alBHAGDADI: 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
lalasticlala pls move this to front page so that lautech students will know that help is coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by Ohammadike: 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
God punish the dirty bearded Alfa aregberascal and that ajimobi

11 Likes

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by Jsucre(m): 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
hmmmmmmmmm oyo and osun shaaaaaaaa
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by sinator(m): 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ok
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by yeyeboi(m): 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
Yeye dey smell
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
God bless saraki

4 Likes

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by DevDenky: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
10 good months.....? Am sure all the students might have forgotten their registration number by now

8 Likes

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by wristbangle: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
sad sad The Education sector of this country is in deep mess. I don't have words to describe it's pitiful state

2 Likes

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by vikeyz(m): 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
Hmn, na dem dem undecided

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by Rayjaymay(m): 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ok
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by OMOTOWO(m): 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
The constituted authority in osun and Oyo are olosis
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by Deon28(m): 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
Useless senators who can't pass a bill that the masses will benefit. Our for their political selfishness

2 Likes

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by kingrt2(m): 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
Do this folks really care?

See signature
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by Ventura1: 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
.....and we are shouting Federalism

2 Likes

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by tosynbolade(m): 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
Good development
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by whizzyleejr(m): 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
Okay o, i dey hear dey chill, dem never let me leave my level, i just dey one spot like olumo rock, there is God, but i still dey wonder if dem give them the money where dem go put the fundlautech money

4 Likes

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
WotzupNG:

The 8th Senate has taken a stand concerning the strike in Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, ogbomosho that has kept students of the school at home for 10 months now. Yesterday, the Senate said they couldn’t tell the Federal Government to help the University pay the salary of its workers who embarked on a strike action that has grounded academic activities on campus because the school is being run by 2 States (Oyo and Osun) and out of the jurisdiction of FG.

However, the 8th Senate has asked the Federal Government to release N 4 billion to LAUTECH to enable the Institution reopen and save the future of its 34, 000 students. Secondly, the Senate asked for a committee to be put in place to help look into the situation in order to provide permanent solution by taking over the Institution.

This is just a stopgap

IN future, the solution would be to increase fees.

Yes....INCREASE FEES TO AS MUCH AS N200000 and above per semester.

Back in 2009....ASUU and FG signed an agreement whereby FG promised to give universities N3 trillion from 2010-11. BY 2013...not one kobo of that money had been paid. ASUU went back on strike...and the government admitted that it could not pay the N3 trillion...and offered N1 trillion over 5 years.

(And that was during the time of GEJ's admin...which some good folk like to tell us that Nigeria was very rich then and when oil was high.).

Now...oil has fallen. We are not earning the revenue we need to get extra funds for universities....and even at that...we still heavily subsidize education in this country.

It is either LAUTECH and its owner states face reality....and either increase fees....or increase taxes to half the earnings of the states' residents, or privatize the university....or close it down.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
Okau
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by thoollz: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
I don't really like our senators but truth must be told, i really commend them on this. It's sickening and nauseating to know that we've two governors in charge of d state and they can't manage a single institution, what is most terrifying of all is d fact that the chancellor of d school is a political party chairman and d godfather of the two dunce we have as governor in both states. My country people, i beg u in d name of whatever u know to b ur God, please stop worshipping these dunderheads we call leaders. They're only after their pockets. Tinubu wanted to show off by paying for d burial rites of moji olaiya (God bless her soul) but he hasn't uttered a statement concerning this school. The bearded goat of a governor celebrated his birthday in grand style, yet his govt is broke. Please stop as*licking these people because they don't care.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by efguy1(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lautech is the new OAU

supa Strikers!!!
dem dey strike pass thunder

2 Likes

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by jupiterz: 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
register

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by LexngtonSteele: 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
vikeyz:
Hmn, na dem dem undecided

You are a trader and making tribalistic comments. ..

Na so Dangote do am grin

2 Likes

Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by Bills2307(m): 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
whizzyleejr:
Okay o, i dey hear dey chill, dem never let me leave my level, i just dey one spot like olumo rock, there is God, but i still dey wonder if dem give them the money where dem go put the fundlautech money
my advice as a fellow nairalander, jamb form 2017/18 will soon be out. endeavor to get one ND inform your friends or find a job o. otherwise, u L be there I ll marry.
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by Alcacer47: 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2017
Approve nysc batchA stream nd stop saying rubbish...lautech ko yabatech ni
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by Mission2prosper: 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2017
WotzupNG:

please how do you create your infographics?
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by AndriaRich(m): 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
Nigeria is hell in its own league... With wickedness at the helm of affairs...
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by conordnj: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
God bless saraki
undecided
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by AntiWailer: 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
na wa
Re: See Senate’s Motion On LAUTECH Strike (Photo) by Stevengerd(m): 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
Any Lautech Student Wey Never Reach 300L, Shud beta take jamb next year.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASU Prof. Tajudeen Olumoko Dismissed Over ‘Result Racketeering’ / k / Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.