Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. (1721 Views)

8 Things Every Smartphone User Should Consider When Getting A New Phone / I Have 50k To Get A New Phone, Suggest The Best Phone For Me Please / I Have 19k To Buy Phone But Need Suggestion Of Good One. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by kennykendo(m): 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
Hello house, my love for advanced tech is not comparable, but in any case once I get what I require I'm okay.

To the phone gurus in the house, I need your help in getting a new device.
I currently use an Infinix Note 2 LTE variant (I believe we know the specs), but I'm on the verge of getting a new device with the following or close to the following specs and I can't seem to dig and find. The phones currently in the market Infinix, Tecno and co don't seem to match my thirst.

Network: 2G/3G/4G network

Camera: Back camera can be anywhere from
13mp and above, with front cam 5mp and or
above.

RAM: 2Gb, 3gb or higher.

ROM: above 16Gb

Battery: above 4000maH

Display: 6.0"

Processor: can be quad core, octa core or above.

Chip set: MTK

OS version: Android 5.0 and above.

The device can either have a no SD card slot (provided it has a ROM above 16gb), or space for expandable memory with the priviledge to have both sims standby as well, but must not be hybrid Sim (Sim 2 slot serving as SD card slot or Sim 2 slot).

The device should also come with fingerprint scanner and IR port (infrared port)....
Leagoo shark 1, Ulefone Power and LeTv are out of the equation because of their hybrid slots.

I don't mind anyone suggesting, linking or connecting me.

It will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you....
Please respond ASAP.
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by shedy03(m): 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
kennykendo:
Hello house, my love for advanced tech is not comparable, but in any case once I get what I require I'm okay.

To the phone gurus in the house, I need your help in getting a new device.
I currently use an Infinix Note 2 LTE variant (I believe we know the specs), but I'm on the verge of getting a new device with the following or close to the folllwing specs and I can't seem to dig and find. The phones currently in the market Infinix, Tecno and co dont seem to match my thirst.

Network: 2G/3G/4G network

Camera: Back camera can be anywhere from 13mp
and above, with front can 5mp and above.

RAM: 2Gb, 3gb or higher.

ROM: above 16Gb

Battery: above 4000maH

Display: 6.0"

Processor: can be quad core, octa core or above.

Chip set: MTK

OS version: Android 5.0 and above.

The device can either have a no SD card slot (provided it has a ROM above 16gb), or space for expandable memory with the priviledge to have both sims standby as well, but must not be hybrid Sim (Sim 2 slot serving as SD card slot or Sim 2 slot).

The device should also come with fingerprint scanner and IR port (infrared port)....
Leagoo shark 1, Ulefone Power and LeTv are out of the equation because of their hybrid slots.

I don't mind anyone suggesting, linking or connecting me.

It will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you....
Please respond ASAP.
gionee m5 plus...,.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by HarveyDeven: 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
Do you have the budget for a Xiaomi?
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by shedy03(m): 3:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
HarveyDeven:
Do you have the budget for a Xiaomi?
OP said no hybrid sim phones for him.
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by kennykendo(m): 4:02pm On Jul 13, 2017
shedy03:

gionee m5 plus...,.

thank you for your suggestion bro, but it doesn't come with an infrared blaster (IR Blaster)
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by Ennyholar: 9:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
Camon CX
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by kennykendo(m): 1:15am On Jul 14, 2017
Ennyholar:
Camon CX
bro please did you read the first post?
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by ochukp(m): 8:10am On Jul 15, 2017
Get Motorola Moto G4.believe me, you will thank me later
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by kennykendo(m): 10:22am On Jul 15, 2017
ochukp:
Get Motorola Moto G4.believe me, you will thank me later
bro did you read the post.?

Moto's battery is 3000mAh
no infrared or finger print security scanner.
5.5 inch screen ratio.....

nope?

see Gionee m6 plus and you'll be dazed.
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by Freak101(f): 10:44am On Jul 15, 2017
Tecno CX air is fine for this
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by kennykendo(m): 11:09am On Jul 15, 2017
Freak101:
Tecno CX air is fine for this

babe the Camon CX Air turn off features for me are:
3200 maH battery
16 GB ROM
5.5 inch screen

its a hybrid Sim phone ( either sim2 or memory card) instead of dedicated slots for memory cards and sims
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by stanway(m): 11:24am On Jul 15, 2017
buy gionee m5plus and you will never regret
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by ochukp(m): 11:30am On Jul 15, 2017
kennykendo:

bro did you read the post.?

Moto's battery is 3000mAh
no infrared or finger print security scanner.
5.5 inch screen ratio.....

nope?

see Gionee m6 plus and you'll be dazed.

Was just trying to make you get the one that isn't to expensive, I get u though but if you think Gionee m6 will get me dazed then most definitely "Motorola moto Z"will put one in a comatose state
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by kennykendo(m): 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
ochukp:

Was just trying to make you get the one that isn't to expensive, I get u though but if you think Gionee m6 will get me dazed then most definitely "Motorola moto Z"will put one in a comatose state

Really?
then let's compare.
Primary Camera

Gionee M6 plus: 16 MP

Moto Z: 13 mp

Secondary Camera
Gionee m6 plus: 8mp

Moto Z: 5mp

RAM
Gionee m6 plus: 4gb

Moto Z:4gb

Internal memory
Gionee M6 plus: 64/128gb

Moto Z: 32/64gb

Battery
Gionee M6 plus: 6,020 mAh with reverse charging

Moto Z: 2600 maH no reverse charging.

CPU
Gionee M6 plus: Octacore (4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)

Moto Z: Quad core (2x1.8 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo)

Sensors:
Gionee M6 plus:Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass... with IR blaster

Moto Z: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass (no IR blaster)

Screen size
Gionee M6 plus : 6' inch

Moto z: 5.5 inch

all the same bro I appreciate your efforts
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by stanway(m): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
kennykendo:

Really?
then let's compare.
Primary Camera

Secondary Camera

RAM

Internal memory

Battery

CPU

Sensors:
Gionee M6 plus:Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass... with IR blaster

Moto Z: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass (no IR blaster)

Screen size

is gionee m6plus available in nigerian market?couldn't find it on jumai or konga,even slot join
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by kennykendo(m): 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
stanway:
is gionee m6plus available in nigerian market?couldn't find it on jumai or konga,even slot join

if my sources are correct by next month and it hurts
but m6 is available at slot
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by stanway(m): 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
kennykendo:

if my sources are correct by next month and it hurts
but m6 is available at slot
I know m6 is available but m6plus is not,,it looks as if its only exclusive to china and india market
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by kennykendo(m): 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
stanway:
I know m6 is available but m6plus is not,,it looks as if its only exclusive to china and india market

then we'll find a way around it don't you think
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by toluwanimi07(m): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2017
kennykendo:

then we'll find a way around it don't you think
What about xiaomi
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by ochukp(m): 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
kennykendo:

Really?
then let's compare.
Primary Camera

Secondary Camera

RAM

Internal memory

Battery

CPU

Sensors:

Screen size

Yea it's all good bro, and what's the price of Gionee M6?
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by stanway(m): 5:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
[quote author=ochukp post=58486898]
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by stanway(m): 5:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
ochukp:

Yea it's all good bro, and what's the price of Gionee M6?
m6 110k m6plus 120 to 130k
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by kennykendo(m): 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
toluwanimi07:
What about xiaomi
xiaomi and hybrid sim slots are like 5&6

1 Like

Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by ibj55: 7:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
U can get the gionne m6 plus at aliexpress, it is about $383, which is bout #106000 naira using #374 - 1$ rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by toluwanimi07(m): 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
kennykendo:

xiaomi and hybrid sim slots are like 5&6
thats the trend nowadays bro u can go for the 4gb 64gb internal storage saves u the stress of needing mc
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by toluwanimi07(m): 10:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
ibj55:
U can get the gionne m6 plus at aliexpress, it is about $383, which is bout #106000 naira using #374 - 1$ rate.
Incorrect bro

Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by kennykendo(m): 11:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
toluwanimi07:
thats the trend nowadays bro u can go for the 4gb 64gb internal storage saves u the stress of needing mc

yeah bro i dig, but you know that installing apps, having mp3 files, pictures, videos and other stuff in the phone memory could cause:

a) lag

b) unnecessary heating up of phones

c) when there's an issue and you factory reset your phone, you lose them files

d) when so much files are in the phone's memory, booting takes time..etc

e) plus I just hate hybrid slots...I prefer dedicated slots
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by kennykendo(m): 11:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
toluwanimi07:

Incorrect bro

bro check around properly, that price is a middleman's price, dig deeper with your browser not the app.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by toluwanimi07(m): 11:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
kennykendo:

bro check around properly, that price is a middleman's price, dig deeper with your browser not the app.
Bro AliExpress web price is more expensive dan app price
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by toluwanimi07(m): 11:33pm On Jul 15, 2017
kennykendo:

yeah bro i dig, but you know that installing apps, having mp3 files, pictures, videos and other stuff in the phone memory could cause:

a) lag

b) unnecessary heating up of phones

c) when there's an issue and you factory reset your phone, you lose them files

d) when so much files are in the phone's memory, booting takes time..etc

e) plus I just hate hybrid slots...I prefer dedicated slots
Bro this is not true what really cause lags is when u re over powering the device like too much apps running in d back ground and some trash left needed to be cleared out or maybe the ui needs to be udated or something i use a xiaomi currently out of 32gig abt 2 gig remaining nd i can confidently tell u its running as new
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by kennykendo(m): 11:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
toluwanimi07:

Bro this is not true what really cause lags is when u re over powering the device like too much apps running in d back ground and some trash left needed to be cleared out or maybe the ui needs to be udated or something i use a xiaomi currently out of 32gig abt 2 gig remaining nd i can confidently tell u its running as new

then thanks to your processor and CPu they are currently on taskmode......

your device should be running at least quad core if not more with its processor above 1.2GHz...

na lie?
Re: I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. by toluwanimi07(m): 12:05am On Jul 16, 2017
kennykendo:

then thanks to your processor and CPu they are currently on taskmode......

your device should be running at least quad core if not more with its processor above 1.2GHz...

na lie?
i dont use any task mode bro im 90% on ba3 saver my processor is hexacore 1.8ghz 2 d rest 1.4ghz

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help : Tablet Needed! / Iphone 6s Plus Panel Needed / ******** Infinix Guide For Users *********

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.