Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other (1765 Views)

Why Igbos Should Forget About 2023 Presidency – Uwazuruike / Yusuf Buhari Secretly Acquired Power-Bikes, DSS Operatives Sacked - Daily Post / "Igbos And Yorubas Are Embarrasing Nigeria" - Verified Fulani Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Yoshy: 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
Let bygones be bygones

1. We make good friends

2. We are majorly liberals

3. We intermarry comfortably

4. We go to the same churches in most cases

5. We share similar values

6. We secretly learn from each other, though we wish to ignore this.

7. We all like visiting Nairaland, we are the majority here, heck! I visit it more often than Facebook.

8. We share the same geographic Identity; south

9. We both can beat chests, infact Igbos and Yorubas are the highest chest beaters in Nigeria

10. We all hold to sanctity the sacredness of human lives

11. We both have the highest number of intellectuals in Nigeria

12. We love our identities; Biafra and Oduduwa

13. We can peacefully co-habit

14. We don't tolerate our politicians once they mess up

Add yours, I believe we have lots of reasons.

Peace!! Proudly an Igbo Jew (from birth)

Mods promote some love!
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
I summon all the mods to this discussion. cool

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by digoster(m): 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
Some afonja people are betrayers

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by doublewisdom: 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2017
The better south can never be comfortable around serial unrepentant traitors.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by facelessangel: 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
Yoshy:
Let bygones be bygones

1. We make good friends

7. We all like visiting Nairaland, we are the majority here, heck! I visit it more often than Facebook.

9. We both can beat chests, infact Igbos and Yorubas are the highest chest beaters in Nigeria

Mods promote some love!

Afonja try another tactics

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Ereolamide: 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2017
Fvck love and any perceived affectation between Igbos and Yorubas.

Be ready to convert the likes you get from your hateful comments on Yorubas on nairaland into some protective shields or armaments.

Newsflash: the hate is mutual

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by nero2face: 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
lol
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2017
you make sense oh.. only that we love freedom and want to be free..w

while majority of afons..still wish to be slaves..

and at every turn believe in their little mind.. say dem fit stop the sun from rising.

where em for don the reason..on how to enjoy their land alone.. imagine..seaport..coco, oil,e.t.c.. for one region..yet dem still dey hold unto a red mud. erosion ravage region.

op reason am na.. e make sense?

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Yoshy: 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
facelessangel:
Afonja try another tactics

Nna kedu, abum NWA afo Imo state, gbado Anya o.
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by ONYEUTALI: 9:30pm On Jul 13, 2017
HTW

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by facelessangel: 9:38pm On Jul 13, 2017
Yoshy:

Nna kedu, abum NWA afo Imo state, gbado Anya o.
Nnaa odika amuru gi na Legoosu, ma obu na ibu nwanne Rochasi

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Yoshy: 11:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
facelessangel:
Nnaa odika amuru gi na Legoosu, ma obu na ibu nwanne Rochasi
hahaha, Ro Gini? Abum ezigbo onye Biafra, just that we need to live above enmity.
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Deedeedee3: 11:12pm On Jul 13, 2017
Nonsense! I am Yoruba and i dont like Igbos. They stink me
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Yoshy: 7:30am On Jul 14, 2017
It's personal nobody will judge or blame you, there are few Igbos that believe Yoruba stinks too
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Basic123: 7:41am On Jul 14, 2017
Yoshy:
Let bygones be bygones

1. We make good friends

Mods promote some love!
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

Igbo(s) liberal?
Igbos that see an average muslim as faeces

come to yorubaland and see a beautiful blend of Arab,European and African culture.
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by jjjjj2017: 7:42am On Jul 14, 2017
Deedeedee3:
Nonsense! I am Yoruba and i dont like Igbos. They stink me
I'm Yoruba & my love for Igbo will never die!
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by chiagozien(m): 8:01am On Jul 14, 2017
me and back stabbers never....oburu ogwu ogaghi ere.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 14, 2017
jjjjj2017:

I believe you sir..Baba Emeka... grin
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by DoyenExchange: 8:28am On Jul 14, 2017
They secretly love each other not minding what they exhibit publicly. cool
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by jjjjj2017: 8:31am On Jul 14, 2017
connectpoint:

I believe you sir..Baba Emeka... grin
grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Deedeedee3: 8:33am On Jul 14, 2017
jjjjj2017:
I does not change the fact the you E-bowl pigs irritate me.
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by jjjjj2017: 8:38am On Jul 14, 2017
Deedeedee3:
I does not change the fact the you E-bowl pigs irritate me.
thanks, are you done? grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 14, 2017
The igbo and yoruba relationship...i have no clue... one thing i know is igbo and hausa do business as though they are brothers from womb, all Northern governors have an entire team of lawyers that are more of less 60% igbos, i admire their work relationships...
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Deedeedee3: 8:45am On Jul 14, 2017
jjjjj2017:
thanks, are you done? grin grin grin
No i am not. You worthless, pathetic and useless e-bowl family stink me. Useless tribe
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by jjjjj2017: 8:47am On Jul 14, 2017
Deedeedee3:
No i am not. You worthless, pathetic and useless e-bowl family stink me. Useless tribe
more?
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 14, 2017
There is no connection between light and darkness yorubas are darker than d devil himself
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Deedeedee3: 8:49am On Jul 14, 2017
jjjjj2017:
more?
Ogbeni lo ku jare. Omo e-bowl oshi
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by pelumi111: 8:49am On Jul 14, 2017
yorubas associate with any tribe not just igbos
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by jjjjj2017: 8:52am On Jul 14, 2017
Deedeedee3:
Ogbeni lo ku jare. Omo e-bowl oshi
so ti su e ni? Alakori lasanlasan... grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by stonemasonn: 9:01am On Jul 14, 2017
connectpoint:
The igbo and yoruba relationship...i have no clue... one thing i know is igbo and hausa do business as though they are brothers from womb, all Northern governors have an entire team of lawyers that are more of less 60% igbos, i admire their work relationships...
it is because of the shortage of professionals in the north, the Yorubas also do business with the north also, but you find Yoruba's doing paid jobs mostly, like teaching jobs, construction, technicians etc.. Not just in the north but also in the south east and south south.
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 14, 2017
stonemasonn:
it is because of the shortage of professionals in the north, the Yorubas also do business with the north also, but you find Yoruba's doing paid jobs mostly, like teaching jobs, construction, technicians etc.. Not just in the north but also in the south east and south south.

Me i don't know o..i care less about the north self...what's my biz with those rustlers
Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 08, 2022
Yoshy:
Let bygones be bygones

1. We make good friends

Mods promote some love!
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

Re: Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Secretly Love Each Other by ba7man(m): 11:23am On Jan 08, 2022
doublewisdom:
The better south can never be comfortable around serial unrepentant traitors.
Yet you enter night bus to go live amongst these so called "Traitors". undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu State Gets New Transition Committee Chairmen For 11 Lgas / Just Like Charles Taylor, The World Should Declare Buhari A Terrorist / 2019:2 Pastors Who Prophesied Obasanjo's Coalition For Nigeria In 2018 Prophecis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.