Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,499 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Lagos Driver Beats Wife To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Driver Beats Wife To Death (345 Views)

Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop / Driver Beats His Conductor For Peeing On The Bus In Lekki / Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Driver Beats Wife To Death by tyle(m): 4:15am On Jul 14, 2017
A 34 -year - old commercial driver in Amoshe town, Meiran, Lagos State , has been detained by the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba, for allegedly killing his wife .
PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspect , identified only as Benjamin , beat his wife to death for allegedly getting drunk .
It was said that the victim , Stella, together with three of her friends – Fatima, Kafaya – and a man , Wasiu , had gone to have fun in a nearby bar.
She was said to have returned home inebriated, which angered her husband .
Benjamin reportedly beat her to a pulp and when it appeared tha she was dying , he rushed her to a church for prayer. She was later taken to a hospital in the neighbourhood , where she was confirmed dead.
A resident , Mr . Samson Adedeji, stated that Benjamin usually assaulted his wife whenever she was drunk .
Adedeji said , “The wife came back home on Saturday , July 1 , drunk . Her husband was angry , but people begged him to allow her sleep. He didn ’t heed to their plea . He beat her up seriously. It was the following day that I was told the wife died in a hospital .”
An elderly woman in the area , Mrs . Aribisola Amoshe , said although she did not know what transpired between the couple, there were marks of violence on the deceased .
She said , “ I learnt about the incident through a neighbour. Before her body was deposited in a mortuary , I saw it . There were injuries on her body.”
However , Benjamin reportedly told the police that Stella was poisoned at a beer parlour .
He said, “ I think she was poisoned because she vomited . She went to drink with her friends. I didn ’t beat her. ”
But one of the deceased ’s friends , Fatimoh, who was also arrested by the police , refuted Benjamin ’ s claim.
“ The four of us were together that day . We took a bottle of beer each . My friend died from the injuries inflicted on her by her husband . She didn ’t fight with anybody at the bar,” she added .
When contacted , the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Olarinde Famous -Cole , promised to call back for comments on the the incident .
However , a police source said the case had been transferred to the SCIID , Yaba, adding that a manhunt had been launched for the other two friends of the deceased .
Re: Lagos Driver Beats Wife To Death by timawoku(m): 5:05am On Jul 14, 2017
Open your eyes and marry a good wife, slay queens just gonna mess up with your brain

(1) (Reply)

Two Dead, Four Injured After Man Goes On Stabbing Spree In Egypt / ‘if Diezani Ask God For Forgiveness, Will God Forgive Her’ – Don Jazzy Asks / Court Sentences Police Officer, 2 Others To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.