Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,614 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Nigerian Recession: 4 Crazy Ways Youths Make Money Fast In Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Recession: 4 Crazy Ways Youths Make Money Fast In Lagos (1251 Views)

Five Do And Don'ts In A Nigerian Recession / 9 Super Easy Job You Can Do On Fiverr And Make Money Fast / ECONOMIC RECESSION: 4.5m Nigerians To Lose Jobs As Bakers Threaten Mass Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Recession: 4 Crazy Ways Youths Make Money Fast In Lagos by gashi12345: 7:49am On Jul 14, 2017
Making money in has never been easy. In Nigeria presently, the economic situation has forced so many youths to resort to outrageous ways of earning a living. “Man must survive,” some would say. The Government can’t cater for the needs of the people, they are left with their choices of engaging themselves in things that would help their wellbeing. Not minding the risk of the process.

Here are 4 crazy ways Nigerian youths make money fast in Lagos this recession period.

1. Ponzi schemes – Ponzi schemes, money bags has become one of the most popular avenues of making money in Nigeria this period. One out of every 5 Nigerians in Lagos is into a Ponzi schemes. The most popular being MMM Nigeria which promises 30% returns to any monetary investment after 30 days.

Ultimate cycler is another scheme that is gradually becoming popular among Nigerian youths in Lagos. The scheme promised their members N50,000 for every N12,500 invested. Is it not outrageous?

Ponzi schemes is becoming widely popular that other agencies, organization are forming their own, promising outrageous returns on investments to their members.

2. Cooperate begging – I was in one of the ATM point of a known commercial banks some days back. After withdrawing some money and leaving the place. A very well dressed young lady dressed in suit approached me and started narrating her life history. How she graduated for since 2011 and yet no job. I already knew what she was up to. “Cooperate begging.” She wanted money. Looking at the way she was dressed, one won’t imagine she is a cooperate beggar. This is not the first time such a thing is happening. Infact its very rampant in Lagos. Some Nigerian youths have resorted to begging as a source of earning a living.

3.Social media prostitution -- This most especially affects the ladies. Social prostitution has taken over the social media space, most especially Instagram. You see too many Lagos girls taking photos in imaginary cars and houses that their father cannot afford. They go to beautiful houses of the rich, take photographs and uploading them online for the next customer. Majority of the ladies are so jobless that even when guys contact them, they start begging for airtime and money. And you begin to wonder all those cars and houses they take pictures on is not million times worth more than the airtime they are begging for.

That is what the recession has turned some ladies to. The instagram and some other social media platforms have turned some to super star. While it has turned some to social media beggars and others to social media prostitutes.

4.Fraudulent Marketing Deals—
I call this one “mini Ponzi scheme” invented by some fraudulent youths to extort money from other Nigerians. You find couple of them on the way with posters, leaflets, banners, promising you inflated and exorbitant deals that never existed. They promise that if you visit their company and work for them, they would pay you huge amount of money.

Some Nigerian youths don’t understand what they are into. Just because of their quest for fast money, fraudulent marketers recruit them to convince desperate youths who wants money. And they use the act to perpetrate fraudulent dealings.

Imagine someone coming to you with a leaflet of a life changing scheme. That if you give him N10,000 that moment, the next day the money would be doubled.

All that are what some youths are into. And they have been able to convince some gullible Nigerians who put their money in it. They would take their money and run away to another location to find another gullible fellow.

All these are ways Nigerian youths have resorted in making money to survive this economic hard time. But i Believe there is a better way we can channel our creativity and earn amazing legit income and develop our personal skills.

(1) (Reply)

FREE School Of Public Speaking on WhatsApp / Help Me To Find Nigerian Client For Selling My Leads ( Craigslist ) / Yam Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.