Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,345 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Why Does MTN And Others Pay Rent On Premisee Where Masts Are Installed? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Does MTN And Others Pay Rent On Premisee Where Masts Are Installed? (1323 Views)

Buy Cheapest MTN And Glo Data Bundles 2020 / NCAA Threatens To Topple Over 7,000 Telecoms Masts After 30-day Ultimatum / Court Asked To Restrain BOI Trustees From Collecting Rent On Rumens Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does MTN And Others Pay Rent On Premisee Where Masts Are Installed? by partnerbiz4: 10:22am On Jul 14, 2017
Few years ago, I witneseed MTN negotiating a 40 by 40 space to use for mast installation.

The value of the plot of land in question then was 3 million.

They were, however, willing to pay 5 million for a term of years ( not more than 10 years ) subject to renewal instead of buying the property.

So I am wondering if there is any economic reason for such action?
Re: Why Does MTN And Others Pay Rent On Premisee Where Masts Are Installed? by partnerbiz4: 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2017
Okeytus

Pls flash me on no below.

Can't access pm.
Thanks
Re: Why Does MTN And Others Pay Rent On Premisee Where Masts Are Installed? by partnerbiz4: 11:35am On Mar 17, 2018
partnerbiz4:
Few years ago, I witneseed MTN negotiating a 40 by 40 space to use for mast installation.

The value of the plot of land in question then was 3 million.

They were, however, willing to pay 5 million for a term of years ( not more than 10 years ) subject to renewal instead of buying the property.

So I am wondering if there is any economic reason for such action?
Re: Why Does MTN And Others Pay Rent On Premisee Where Masts Are Installed? by eezeribe(m): 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
Most times,the landlords prefer leasing instead of outright sale...
Where possible,the network operators do make outright purchase of the suitable area of land...
It depends on feasibility of the prevailing logistics of operation...
Re: Why Does MTN And Others Pay Rent On Premisee Where Masts Are Installed? by pato243: 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2018
The money you are paid by these communication networks is meant for you to go and buy other property elsewhere and build another house where you will live. The mast could emit some radiation around the premises . These radioactive elements are not good for human beings in the long run. But many people dont know and some networks wont tell you. Try research to find this truth.

(1) (Reply)

Cheaper Shipping From Turkey To Nigeria / Usa Payments Made Easy / $440 Payooner Fund Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.