Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen (11755 Views)

Buhari Should Approve The Recruitment Of 155,000 Police Officers - IGP Idris / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Cleaner Lagos: LASG Set To Recruit 20,000 Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 15, 2017
Adelani Adepegba and Ted Odogwu

The Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, said on Friday in Kano that his office had forwarded a proposal to the Presidency for the recruitment of 155,000 policemen of different cadres into the force within the next five years.

Speaking with journalists after paying a condolence visit to Governor Abdullahi Ganduje, over the death of Dan Masanin Kano, Dr. Maitama Sule, the IG said the idea was to enable the police force to meet up with the United Nations Charter of one police man to 400 people.

He stressed that the proposal had since been presented to the Presidency, “and we are now awaiting approval for us to commence the recruitment of the first batch which is about 31, 000 policemen within the next one year.”

He added, “The decision to recruit the category of officers was informed by the manpower challenge currently facing the police force. For instance, between 2011 and 2015, there had been no recruitment of rank and file in the force.”

Speaking further on the manpower challenge affecting the force, the IGP, who was received by the Secretary to the state government, Alhaji Usman Alhaji, stated that the NPF had already approached the National Assembly for the establishment of the Police Trust Fund with a view to addressing the issue of funding of operations.

While describing the late Dan Masanin Kano as an advocate of peace, he said Nigerians should ignore recent threat of secession and quit notice by some groups in the country.

Meanwhile, the Force Public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood, in a statement on Friday, said the IG visited the Kaduna-Abuja Highway to carry out on-the-spot assessment of policemen deployed to curb kidnapping in the area.

http://punchng.com/igp-seeks-presidencys-approval-to-recruit-155-000-policemen/

1 Like

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by hakeem4(m): 1:43am On Jul 15, 2017
Built2last:
Northerners ...fear them and strategy. Call me a bigot. But 130k will come from north while entire south will share 20k
remaining 5k will come from outside Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by pedel: 2:48am On Jul 15, 2017
That sound more like recruiting 155,000 more nuisance into our national space.
Any justification for keeping halve of the current ones?

22 Likes

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by Raddie(m): 2:49am On Jul 15, 2017
another 155. extortionist loading!
You up there, look beyond the pay check.

4 Likes

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by LionDeLeo: 2:56am On Jul 15, 2017
Reprobates will start making their characteristic noise but when this is approved and the recruitment is advertised, the details of the online application and problems encountered will be known from them through newly registered monikers.

10 Likes

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 15, 2017
Good plan,sir. But let's not get them all deployed to guard and carry the bags,purses and boxes of some VVVVVVVIPs. Plus,I think we should tinker a little with the current over-centralized force structure for more efficient policing. Note, I did not say scrap cos we are not mature enough to do that. Not with these governors that just can't bring themselves to pay salaries. We don't want police riots breaking out every bleeping where.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by somehow: 7:35am On Jul 15, 2017
I thought UN resolution is 222/1 police.

Meaning, 1 cop to 222 civilians
Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by Built2last: 7:47am On Jul 15, 2017
Northerners ...fear them and strategy. Call me a bigot. But 130k will come from north while entire south will share 20k

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by deepwater(f): 7:48am On Jul 15, 2017
To understand this better, think about more 155,000 ak 47 riffles in the hands of semi educated, drunk and people with low self esteem. Scary right shocked

I am so scared right now angry
Are we at war

3 Likes

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by toxxnoni(m): 7:49am On Jul 15, 2017
Ok
Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by Dannieln1: 7:50am On Jul 15, 2017
What is the salary structure
Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by blackbeau1(f): 7:50am On Jul 15, 2017
For what purpose? To increase the number of people who extort us ?

2 Likes

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by ProfEinstein: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2017
Another way to promote nepotism and waste tax payers money

2 Likes

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by LionDeLeo: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2017
Built2last:

Since you already know this, advise the southerners close to you not to bother applying because even the 20k you allocated to the south is in doubt.

4 Likes

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by seguno2: 7:54am On Jul 15, 2017
hakeem4:
Nice idea

Which FUTURE tense idea?
Don't let them fool you oh with their future IMPOSSIBLE tense.
Have you seen Buhari and APC's 720,000 IMMEDIATE jobs since 29 May 2015?
Even sef, what presidency is the IGP expecting answer from?
The one that is sick and chilling in London after banning other government officials from doing the same?
Or the cabal in Aso Rock that grass cutter Babachir talked about?
Do you know?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by Edu3Again: 7:55am On Jul 15, 2017
I bet out of 155, 000 more than 100 ,000 alone will come from the North.

Then some Arewa guy will shout one Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by greatermax77(m): 7:59am On Jul 15, 2017
This Nigeria Government self, why nobody is talking about improving the welfare of the police force & the standard?
From today onward,I will never insult the police again. The kind of police force any country want is what the will get.
Stop insulting police that the extort money fr people, Nig govt want it to be like that.

1 Like

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by CoolFreeday(m): 8:00am On Jul 15, 2017
that will be good, they also need reorientation and training

3 Likes

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by Donjcco(m): 8:00am On Jul 15, 2017
My fellow nairalanders pls show me some love...
I was recently nominated for two big award categories BEST SUG EXECUTIVE and FUPRE MOST POPULAR STUDENT in the upcoming students week

pls vote DON J / DON JCCO for the various categories... "With you, My testimony is guaranteed'

http://fupresug17..pe/2017/07/fma-17-votings-commences.html?m=1
Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by jonnytad(m): 8:05am On Jul 15, 2017
Police want to silent Peace corps because they are scared of losing power/relevance to the youths.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by sakalisis(m): 8:06am On Jul 15, 2017
angry
Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by seguno2: 8:06am On Jul 15, 2017
Edu3Again:
I bet out of 155, 000 more than 100 ,000 alone will come from the North.

Then some Arewa guy will shout one Nigeria.

Why not if not.
Since they have scared cowards as fellow citizens in the south, they are free to recruit even all the 155,000 from the north.
What can we, southerners, do if that happens? What have we done in similar cases all these years?
Nothing then. Nothing now.
Even the Fulani herdsmen that butcher, murder and kidnap southerners we can't do anything to them.
Them no born us well to try any such nonsense. We no dey fear? Na who want dash us the liver?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by Bnladan(m): 8:07am On Jul 15, 2017
blackbeau1:
For what purpose? To increase the number of people who extort us ?
hey dear, if u honestly think Dats d only thing dey do, d next tym u re in trouble call a criminal instead. It baffles me hw Nigerians mock d police and potray dem as d gods of corruption. Forgetting dat dey are d ppl giving d bribes, dey are d ppl always looking for d easy way weneva dey are I trouble. May God forgive us all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by blackbeau1(f): 8:10am On Jul 15, 2017
Bnladan:
hey dear, if u honestly think Dats d only thing dey do, d next tym u re in trouble call a criminal instead. It baffles me hw Nigerians mock d police and potray dem as d gods of corruption. Forgetting dat dey are d ppl giving d bribes, dey are d ppl always looking for d easy way weneva dey are I trouble. May God forgive us all
I've called them in three different instances when I was in trouble , they didn't show up. And in another instance , we found out they were the ones connecting the robbers to my street. So forgive me if I don't see the need for more of them .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by precious1967(m): 8:18am On Jul 15, 2017
more wetin u carry
Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by seguno2: 8:19am On Jul 15, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Reprobates will start making their characteristic noise but when this is approved and the recruitment is advertised, the details of the online application and problems encountered will be known from them through newly registered monikers.

What is the meaning of your big word, reprobate?
Does it include mumus who believe any useless story that they read?
Have you seen the approval and advertisement of the 720,000 jobs promised for 2015 i.e. two years ago by the PASTOR who is their acting Coordinator?
Have you? Or do you want to check the meaning of reprobate first before you answer?

The Vice Presidential Candidate of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Yemi Osinbajo, has unfolded plans by his party to introduce a social security scheme for every elderly or disabled Nigerian, just as he promised that an APC-led Federal Government will provide 720,000 jobs in its first year, if elected come February 14.

More from- http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/174560-osinbajo-says-apc-govt-will-create-720000-jobs-first-year.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by michoim(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2017
Where is the money to pay for the salaries?
Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by burkingx(f): 8:32am On Jul 15, 2017
ABEG! MAKE UNA CLEAR FOR MY FACE! I WAN HAIL COMMANDER. ...... cheesy

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by cbkingbeatz(m): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2017
155,000 abgeros & touts.. Kai

1 Like

Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by lonelydora: 8:40am On Jul 15, 2017
Another 155,000 ways Nigerians will lose their hard-earned money illegally
Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by Aragon: 8:50am On Jul 15, 2017
pedel:
That sound more like recruiting 155,000 more nuisance into our national space.
Any justification for keeping halve of the current ones?

More like a Reflection of the Society wouldn't you say?
You pay them Peanuts, treat them like piece of Crap and they have to Face BULLETS and Hostilities. If you have a Licensed GUN and your family is staving what will you do Honestly? As someone living in EUROPE and see how they treat Police over here I just have to give it up to the Nigerian police, Despite their Damaged Public image. I mean what are their incentives to work? If anything Nigerians should be Mad at the Government for treating the Police like garbage that is the bitter truth. Or just take away the GUNS from them like the Metropolitan police
Re: IGP Seeks Presidency’s Approval To Recruit 155, 000 Policemen by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 15, 2017
this recruitment will just lead to an increase in policemen doing illegal checkpoints and collecting bribe on the road. why not support the available policemen with proper training, increased salaries, better welfare and facilities to combat crime.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun / ...got Sacked 3days After Employment.. For Refusing To Dance To *shake Body* / My Yuletide Message To Job Seekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.