Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,871 members, 7,821,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Obiano: Oye Says Agbaso Will Not Conduct Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano: Oye Says Agbaso Will Not Conduct Primaries (375 Views)

Checkout This Major Throwback Pic Of Peter Obi, Anyaoku,agbaso,andy Uba, Rochas / Breaking: S-court Nullifies Order Permitting APC To Conduct Primaries In Rivers / Ifeanyi Igwebike Emerges APGA’s Candidate For Agbaso’s Faction For Anambra Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obiano: Oye Says Agbaso Will Not Conduct Primaries by ferdvict2(m): 4:23am On Jul 15, 2017
DESPITE the recent ruling of an Enugu High Court declaring the Imo State –born Chief Martin Agbaso as the national chairman of All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, Dr. Victor Oye who was ousted by the court from that office is vowing that he would be the one to present Chief Willie Obiano for the election.

His assertion is despite his effort to overturn the decision of Justice R. A. Ozoemena which conferred legitimacy to Agbaso as national chairman of the party.

Sounding confident in an interview, Oye told Saturday Vanguard that he will be the one to conduct primaries and submit the name of the APGA candidate, who, in this case, will be Governor Obiano, to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, for the governorship election because the judgment of the Enugu High Court was not binding on him.

“I was not joined in the suit and therefore, I should not be made to suffer any liability for something I did not do. I decided to go to Court of Appeal as an aggrieved party because my name was inadvertently mentioned. I had to do that to remedy my image that had been wickedly soiled by the order of the Enugu High Court

“Those that were supposed to be affected by the order of the court, namely the police and INEC, because of their roles in the governorship election and which are federal agencies, are also at the Court of Appeal to vacate the order.

“The INEC has proceedings of the national convention that produced me and the Commission knows that I am the only person legitimately and legally produced as the national chairman. Martin Agbaso is a total stranger in APGA as far as we are concerned.

“So Obiano has nothing to fear as far as contesting the election to complete the good work he is doing in the state is concerned. It is possible that those sponsoring Agbaso and his group are people in other parties who know that they do not have any chance, if they contest against the governor.”

Oye said the seeming crisis had even united APGA more as people had realized the motive of the sponsors of the division in the party.

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/obiano-oye-says-agbaso-will-not-conduct-primaries/

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Prepares To Testify Against Diezani In US, UK / We Are Still Members Of The PDP For Now – Sheriff Faction / As Lagos Goes To Poll Today, Lasiec Pledges Neutrality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.