Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke (22427 Views)

Obasanjo Should Explain Why He Failed To Attend May 29, June 12 Events – Shehu / Chike Clark Is Dead. Edwin Clarke's Son Dies After A Brief Illness / Frame-up Allegation: Why Obasanjo Should Not Be Worried – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by itsdumebi(m): 7:50am On Jul 15, 2017
South-South leader and former Senator, Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clarke has lampooned former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo over his stance on restructuring Nigeria. Obasanjo condemned any form of restructuring the nation and Chief Clarke is not having it. He says the former president knows the truth and he should say it.

He thundered;

“If he (Obasanjo) does not believe in restructuring, what were the national conference or political conference and national reform conference, which we all attended for? I was the leader of the Southern delegation even though we walked out, what was if for, was it only for his third term or concern for the restructuring of Nigeria?  That is a question Obasanjo should be asked to answer.”

Obasanjo wants to Impose his will on Nigeria

Chief Clarke said: “The truth is that he (Obasanjo) is a leader who wants  to impose his will and authority on Nigeria.” Many things to restructure Contrary to Obasanjo’s submission that there was nothing to restructure in the country,

There is a need for restructuring, there is need to go back to the kind of government we had before and after independence until  the soldiers struck.” “What we are saying is that we want the former one where there was devolution of power, where every region had its own constitution even the Midwest region was created based on the demand for restructuring. Then, every region was independent in whatever they did.  No one held the other down, which was why western Nigeria government did things that other government did not do and others were not envious of it because everybody had his own government.

“At present, Nigeria is running a unitary government, a situation where every state first goes to the Federal Government for money. That is not federalism.  So Obasanjo is not saying the truth, he knows what to say, but he is not saying it. He is saying there is nothing wrong with the structure of the country, which is not true. “We want restructuring to correct the defects in the current structure of the country.

For instance, Kano has 47 local governments but contributes nothing to the revenue of the country, while Bayelsa, which contributes a lot has only eight local governments.  I think these are anomalies that should be corrected,” he added.

Power should be given to the States

Chief Clark continued: “There should be devolution of powers to the states if the states are going to be the federating units. Obasanjo is wrong to say that there is nothing wrong with the structure of the country, everything is wrong with the structure of the country.” “We believe that the minorities in Nigeria, especially in the north, should have a sense of belonging by creating states for them. Like the Southern Kaduna, the people need a state with headquarters in Kafanchan, which is why we need restructuring.

“We also believe that in every state, governorship should rotate from one senatorial zone to the other to give every section of the state a sense of oneness and participation so that  in a state like Kogi, where only the Igalas until recently or Benue, where only Tivs have been producing governors can be checked,” the South-South leader said. According to him, “These were part of the things we discussed at the 2014 national conference, that governorship should be zoned, it is part of restructuring and the conference discussed everything from Obasanjo’s 2005 report, Abacha’s conference, Babaginda’s conference, all the reports were brought before us and the conference deliberated on them.”

“The talks that northern Nigeria was not represented at the conference is a lie, it was properly represented.  They had 10 men in the three committees from the north, what type of representation are they talking about? Muslim, Christian leaders were at the conference.”

Obasanjo was part of the Problem in the National assembly

“When Senate presidency was zoned to the Igbo during his tenure, Obasanjo ensured that it was not stable, so he had about five senate presidents or during his tenure. Let him keep quiet.  Is it because we have a country where people do not know their right from left and everybody is being praised as a worthy leader?.”

Osinbajo needs support to stop cabal

I am calling on all Nigerians to support the acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo. “Therefore, I call on all Nigerians to support his administration. A situation where some few individuals who were never elected by the people of Nigeria would sit down in Aso Villa to manipulate President Muhammadu Buhari’s agenda should not be allowed,” he said.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/07/15/restructuring-obasanjo-keep-quiet-edwin-clarke/

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by smartty68(m): 7:52am On Jul 15, 2017
Obasanjo is a silent killer to nation development! Afonjas still sees him as their godfather. Afonjas won't like this!!!

God bless Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clarke for pouncing on him

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by OVI75(m): 7:55am On Jul 15, 2017
Lemme Wait Fr D Herd Of Zombies Who Wud Fault What This Man Has Said..

Cc:
Liondeleo Yr Kano Has been Fingered
Sarrkii is Jobless This Weekend,I Know He will Be Here

BTW the Pest Arewa C.F has gotten the definition of the kind of Restructuring we need

19 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by OVI75(m): 7:58am On Jul 15, 2017
To Anyone Who Quote me,Buhari s Fate Will fall On u,

Zombies Stay off

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Okoroawusa: 8:00am On Jul 15, 2017
we don hear.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Montaque(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2017
obj has always been self serving.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by edoboy33(m): 8:24am On Jul 15, 2017
obasanjo shut the Bleep up you b**tch
after we made president for 8 years
you betrayed us and assisted APC to get power through a corrupt jega
posterity will judge u sir

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by prolificJosh(m): 8:24am On Jul 15, 2017
Hmmm!! Baba shd keep quiet?? U must be very rude.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 15, 2017
prolificJosh:
do you want to tell me that Clark cannot tell his younger one like Obj to keep quiet?

Indomie generation is what i see

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by DabLord: 8:37am On Jul 15, 2017
smartty68:
Obasanjo is a silent killer to nation development! Afonjas still sees him as their godfather. Afonjas won't like this!!!

God bless Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clarke for pouncing on him
The way you igbos cant reject kanu so likewise Yorubas cant reject OBJ

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by smartty68(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2017
DabLord:
The way you igbos cant reject kanu so likewise Yorubas cant reject OBJ
Lol! Ain't any of those tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by kodath(f): 8:40am On Jul 15, 2017
obj that the white saw and labelled Africans monkey..has he not disgraced himself enough?

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Ehiscotch(m): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2017
It so pathetic that a region in the country are so OIL Drunken that they feel that other sections are producing nothing or will be useless if there is restructuring.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by senatorizyking(m): 9:11am On Jul 15, 2017
Obasanjo again ! njo means evil or ugly from my side though so I ain't surprise of his Antics.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by dlondonbadboy: 9:11am On Jul 15, 2017
OBJ completely destroyed this country...we made an insane man President...

12 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by dlondonbadboy: 9:13am On Jul 15, 2017
Ehiscotch:
It so pathetic that a region in the country are so OIL Drunken that they feel that other sections are producing nothing or will be useless if there is restructuring.

What is pathetic is kano state having close to 50local governments yet, contributes NOTHING to the country...

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Mouthgag: 10:05am On Jul 15, 2017
Two senile old fool rogues undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by jazinogold(m): 10:05am On Jul 15, 2017
lol.....mk both of them keep quiet jor

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Firefire(m): 10:06am On Jul 15, 2017
Yes!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by NnamdiKanu(m): 10:06am On Jul 15, 2017
God bless Us... I said they will beg us for restructuring, but then it will be late, they will also beg us to leave.. Watch out... Afonjaic moozlems should quote me for reference... I am Nnamdi Nwa Kalu of Isiama Afara Ibeku Ukwu Ogurube Egwu Asaa!!!!!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 15, 2017
I just want this zoo divided

8 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Built2last: 10:07am On Jul 15, 2017
Obasanjo: meaning person wey dey spread ugliness

13 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by exlinkleads(f): 10:08am On Jul 15, 2017
Hmmmm, Anything that comes out of OBJ's mouth is adulterated with selfishness.

Thats the only thing he knows how to do. - How can somebody in his real senses say Nigeria doesn't need restructuring?

I keep hearing people, especially Yoruba and Hausa who always say that when Igbos were given senate president, what did they do? didn't they mess it up.

I just tell them only one thing - have you forgotten who was in power then?

OBJ is a snake

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by massinola(m): 10:08am On Jul 15, 2017
Clark we all know Obasanjo's situation. Haven't you been in a situation where your oga in your working place just blew a fat lie and asked, Okon is that not true? Okon will definitely concur. But posterity will judge them all. All those that know Nigeria is sick but have hypocritically refused to speak the truth so we can get a doctor to cure the sickness will surfer the same fate just like the one in London. Slow and painful death. It pains me when some youths praise these men as the best. Truth be told, Nigeria has never had anything close to the best president ever since independence. They have all been selfish, wicked and inhumane.

9 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Evablizin(f): 10:09am On Jul 15, 2017
shocked grin that's good let fight themselves,i chop naija moni with dem?

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Akinz0126(m): 10:09am On Jul 15, 2017
The lady above me na 5G network U dey use ni?

Baba iyabo U are asked to shut d Bleep up

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Philinho(m): 10:09am On Jul 15, 2017
Our Yam eater making noise upanda

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Alcacer47: 10:10am On Jul 15, 2017
Shutup obj...d way u restructured nigeria electricity by giving ur ugly daughter iyabo millions of dollars to squander

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Edu3Again: 10:10am On Jul 15, 2017
Dont mind the old cow.
When the SS&SE were given the least from the budget, what did he say ?

When fulani people kill us, what did he say?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by NnamdiKanu(m): 10:11am On Jul 15, 2017
Cc
Liondeleo
Omenkalives
Sarrki
Madridguy
Fulanimafia
Ngeneukwenu
Alterboy1
Ipobexposed

And other zone Bs

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by igbsam(m): 10:11am On Jul 15, 2017
Both of them are thieves. Edwin Clarke is the biggest thief of the Niger Delta, obasanjo the thief of south west

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke by Godson333: 10:11am On Jul 15, 2017
prolificJosh:

Dear who is rude here?
Edwin Clark?
Maybe you think Clark is Goodluck
Make Obj talk anyhow first then APC kon misbehave, you go know say dem dey see Clark before dem see Goodluck for Niger Delta

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Nigeria's IGPs Since Independence / Amaechi Tackles Hadiza Bala-Usman For Insubordination / Bwari Attack: Military Confirms 3 Casualties, Denies Abduction Of Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.