Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,834 members, 7,862,740 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:43 AM

National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) (7880 Views)

Meet Capybara, The Friendliest Animal On Earth / The Role Of Geographic Information Systems On Election Monitoring / Amazing Facts About The 7 Continents Of The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by enomakos(m): 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
bigtt76:
What of Africa? Nigeria? National Assembly? Would National Assembly be wiped out completely? grin
I will be happy if that assembly is wiped out
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by IYIMAN: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nice infos
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by VickyRotex(f): 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
Na my Polar Bears I dey concerned about. cry They're suffering so hard already cry cry cry
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
VickyRotex:
Na my Polar Bears I dey concerned about. cry They're suffering so hard already cry cry cry

I don't think there are polar bear in Antarctica, they're in the North, Arctic cirle.

The range includes the territory of five nations:

Denmark(Greenland), Norway(Svalbard), Russia, the United States(Alaska) and Canada.

2 Likes

Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by VickyRotex(f): 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2017
Explorers:

I don't think there are polar bear in Antarctica, they're in the North, Arctic cirle.

Denmark(Greenland), Norway(Svalbard), Russia, the United States(Alaska) and Canada.

They're not in Antarctica. But the same way We're not in Antarctica, but are worried about the effects. That's the same way It's already affecting their own habitat.

Check this link. I'm an e-member of the organization.

https://polarbearsinternational.org/climate-change

https://polarbearsinternational.org/climate-change/status/

They often have live feeds to show us how they strive to survive. cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by Electronzeez(m): 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
Explorers:

The first animal one should think of when cold disappear from the world is not any polar bear but penguin.
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by paooxide(m): 5:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
Drabeey:
Explorers baba. Against your view that the water level of the world will rise, no i disagree.
Let's take a look at this... If you put some volume of water into a refrigerator and allow it to ice off. Will it spill out of the cup after it has gotten iced?
No, we will only experience water level rise if the 4% of Ice on the mountains melt...

Drabeey was HERE

have you read this story?

MOTHERS STRIKE

www.nairaland.com/3913522/mothers-strike-true-life-story

The ice will displace only the volume that is submerged in the water ... Which is about 80% of its total volume and the remaining 20% will also cause excess volume which is either unaccounted for or approximated ....

Note: Archimedes principle of floatation...

1 Like

Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by Wizklynd23(m): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
;DI no fit talk for this kind discussion,, Is more of not my field(anything concerning geography)....however, this thread is so educative cos this is the first time am reading such...Anyway make I sitdown for this mango tree dey read comment ;DI no fit talk for this kind discussion,, Is more of not my field(anything concerning geography)....however, this thread is so educative cos this is the first time am reading such...Anyway make I sitdown for this mango tree dey read comment
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by VickyRotex(f): 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
Electronzeez:

The first animal one should think of when cold disappear from the world is not any polar bear but penguin.
Even though Penguins are Antarctic species, I hope you know they have more biodomes across the world than Polar bears.

Some can still survive even in tropical regions. All hope isnt lost for them. Except ofcourse the whole earth gets carried away with this.
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by zlatan(m): 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
careytommy7:
Lol....still on this global warming thing ehn?

The globalist are really doing a fine job.
Even without industries, do you realise the level of methane being excreted by cattle alone?

as in ehn...nobody is even talking about that one. Y'all should check out the documentary COWSPIRACY

2 Likes

Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by allytinted: 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
following.....
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by VickyRotex(f): 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
zlatan:

as in ehn...nobody is even talking about that one. Y'all should check out the documentary COWSPIRACY

lol. Cowspiracy? Never heard of that. Will surely check out the documentary. Thanks.
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by AuroraB(f): 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
Dharniel:

I need not be told, if the whole ice should melt, Nigeria is gone, starting from Lagos.
Nigeria is a potential Atlantis
Mbok, don't rub it in lipsrsealed
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
It is not Carbon emission that melts the glaciers of Antarctica. Antartica hosts the compressor of the Earth, and as Earth's frequency is being accelerated to move us to the next dimension (4th), the glacier has to melt to stabilize the new frequency. There will be massive rain fall on all parts of Earth, and there will be ocean surges and some Islands will be submerged. It is natural, even if fossil fuel exploitation ends today, this pace will continue and will stabilize in the next few decades. We are being changed, and those who can not be upgraded to the next phase of humans will die off. Watch out the next set of kids being birthed. These are high energy beings coming into the planet to transition Earth to a paradaisical state.

We are the first set of humans to successfully transition into the next dimension, the first 4 generation of humans destroyed themselves with nuclear weapons and EM radiations.

We made it, now we have to face what is coming. Upgrade or be harvested. It is called 'Rapture' by some sects, others call it Amargeddon. It is on-going, even right now.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by mrMeen(m): 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
Billyonaire:
It is not Carbon emission that melts the glaciers of Antarctica. Antartica hosts the compressor of the Earth, and as Earth's frequency is being accelerated to move us to the next dimension (4th), the glacier has to melt to stabilize the new frequency. There will be massive rain fall on all parts of Earth, and there will be ocean surges and some Islands will be submerged. It is natural, even if fossil fuel exploitation ends today, this pace will continue and will stabilize in the next few decades. We are being changed, and those who can not be upgraded to the next phase of humans will die off. Watch out the next set of kids being birthed. These are high energy beings coming into the planet to transition Earth to a paradaisical state.

We are the first set of humans to successfully transition into the next dimension, the first 4 generation of humans destroyed themselves with nuclear weapons and EM radiations.

We made it, now we have to face what is coming. Upgrade or be harvested. It is called 'Rapture' by some sects, others call it Amargeddon. It is on-going, even right now.
ahem awon conspiracy theorist.
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by DrayZee: 7:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
decatalyst:

Explorer, not all persons on nairaland needs to be argue with. Some argue blindly because they do not know, some argue because they saw others arguing and they feel they should take a side, while while some argue in order to be noticed.

You just have to ignore...since what you are saying is logical and factual!
Wow. You must think yourself to be very smart.

We who said his idea wasn't totally correct knew what we were saying. I know you respect Explorers, I do too. But that is no need to be ignorant. He was wrong in that post. And now he has come up with a better thread, with a more accurate portrayal of the effects of global warming, and no one will argue with him on this one.

I don't even want to explain why he was wrong to you because it's obvious you didn't even bother to check what we were saying in the first place. You just came here to defend.

Logical and factual indeed. Some kind people sef.

1 Like

Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by DrayZee: 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
julioralph:

@Bolded, No mind that fellow. So many kids running their mouth anyhow.

The Ice will undergo a change of state (from ice to water) and thereby cause an increase in the volume of water we have in the ocean.

You're right boss, global warming must be tackled.
So what you're saying is that liquid water posseses greater volume than ice of the same mass?
1dafu.
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by Flaghouse1: 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by decatalyst(m): 12:11pm
Explorers:
I made a post earlier, i said if the ice in Antarctica should melt into the ocean, the water level will rise.

Like dropping an ice weighing 5kg into a full bucket of water, it's gonna spill.

That's how i understand it.

Some said its wrong, that the ice is already in the water, that it has no effect(fine).

But i'll like to say that Antartica is having land beneath the ice.

About 40% of ice in Antartica rests on the ground.

About 44% of the ice is floating in the water.

About 5% lies on the few mountains available in the area.

So whats going to happen if the 40% of the ice resting on the ground should melt and flow into the ocean

Explorer, not all persons on nairaland needs to be argue with. Some argue blindly because they do not know, some argue because they saw others arguing and they feel they should take a side, while while some argue in order to be noticed.

You just have to ignore...since what you are saying is logical and factual!
(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Like) (Share)

Simple high school physics should be able to explain what explorer means ,UPTRUST AND DISPLACEMENT ,well some people just come here to show ignorance on some discourse, Archimedes principle analysis this situation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by julioralph(m): 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
DrayZee:

So what you're saying is that liquid water posseses greater volume than ice of the same mass?
1dafu.
don't misquote me pls.

the change of state from ice to water will cause an increase in the overall volume of water in the oceans. thats my take.
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by DrayZee: 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
julioralph:

don't misquote me pls.

the change of state from ice to water will cause an increase in the overall volume of water in the oceans. thats my take.
Well what I'm saying is that ice has a greater volume than water...So in general, the volume of water will increase, but it won't lead to flooding, because the sea level will actually be lower.

1 Like

Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by swegiedon(m): 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
Billyonaire:

how do one upgrade
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by Alexas58: 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
Please I need your help,please search for this page on Facebook and like it!!...DearMama360
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by julioralph(m): 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
DrayZee:

Well what I'm saying is that ice has a greater volume than water...So in general, the volume of water will increase, but it won't lead to flooding, because the sea level will actually be lower.
haa shocked bros

you're wrong. pls read more abt dis on wiki etc
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by DrayZee: 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
julioralph:

haa shocked bros

you're wrong. pls read more abt dis on wiki etc
Wrong on what aspect?
If it's the volume of ice and water thing, you can check that out yourself. I'm absolutely sure about that one.

But for sea level to rise, the level of melting required will need to be much more than just a single minute breakage from Antarctica. You can check the comments on Ex.plorers previous thread to understand what I'm saying.
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by stormfather(m): 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
Billyonaire:

Hmm.
This one is strong....
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by luminouz(m): 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
DrayZee:

Wrong on what aspect?
If it's the volume of ice and water thing, you can check that out yourself. I'm absolutely sure about that one.

But for sea level to rise, the level of melting required will need to be much more than just a single minute breakage from Antarctica. You can check the comments on Ex.plorers previous thread to understand what I'm saying.
Ogbeni keep kwayet!!! Are u a scientist? If yes....u were trained by donkeys!!!
If ice suspended in water melts of course d added volume will cause sea level rise n by d percentage of increase quoted by OP....of course landmasses would change with new coastlines!!!
Even NatGeo did a simulation.. U better than them?

How on earth would ice inside water melt...n d sea level would be LOWER? U dreaming or what

3 Likes

Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by sleeknick: 11:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
What if we are all wrong!?
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by DrayZee: 10:26am On Jul 16, 2017
luminouz:

Ogbeni keep kwayet!!! Are u a scientist? If yes....u were trained by donkeys!!!
If ice suspended in water melts of course d added volume will cause sea level rise n by d percentage of increase quoted by OP....of course landmasses would change with new coastlines!!!
Even NatGeo did a simulation.. U better than them?

How on earth would ice inside water melt...n d sea level would be LOWER? U dreaming or what
Wow. You didn't bother to understand what I said. You just poured insults. Welldone.
What you're saying and what I'm saying are not directly related.
Sea level will only increase when melting occurs. Sea level will not increase due to an ordinary breakage. That is what I've been saying.

Just because you like the OP doesn't mean you have to ignore when he says something wrong. He knows where he made a mistake and came up with this thread containing more accurate information. I had already made it clear that the things he posted on this particular thread were correct. Don't annoy me.
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by luminouz(m): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2017
DrayZee:

Wow. You didn't bother to understand what I said. You just poured insults. Welldone.
What you're saying and what I'm saying are not directly related.
Sea level will only increase when melting occurs. Sea level will not increase due to an ordinary breakage. That is what I've been saying.

Just because you like the OP doesn't mean you have to ignore when he says something wrong. He knows where he made a mistake and came up with this thread containing more accurate information. I had already made it clear that the things he posted on this particular thread were correct. Don't annoy me.
Don't annoy u? Oh so scary...ain't u
U keep repeating DAT boring line 'bcoz u like d OP' who told u I give a fvck about him

Back to ur hypothesis.... I quoted what u said about ice melting yet sea level would be lower... Correct DAT n we are good!!!!
About d rest up there...I actually don't care!!!
Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by DrayZee: 11:51am On Jul 16, 2017
luminouz:

Don't annoy u? Oh so scary...ain't u
U keep repeating DAT boring line 'bcoz u like d OP' who told u I give a fvck about him

Back to ur hypothesis.... I quoted what u said about ice melting yet sea level would be lower... Correct DAT n we are good!!!!
About d rest up there...I actually don't care!!!
Ice melting yet sea level would be lower. Right. You joined two different conclusions together.
I referred to two different scenarios.
Melting can cause ice to break off. In that case there will be no increase in water level. It's just broken ice.
Melting can also cause ice to turn liquid. That is where water level increases. That's all I said.

Explo.rers made a comment about a bucket full of water, that if you drop ice in it, the water will spill out. He related it to the effects of global warming, implying that the broken ice would increase sea level. And that's where my problem with him was. He created this thread and rectified everything wrong with the previous one. He saw his mistake.
You, came out of nowhere to start insulting me. Pls, if you don't know the origin of a case, just ignore.

1 Like

Re: National Geographic: The Continents If All The Ice On Earth Melted(Photos) by kayLion(m): 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
Drabeey:
Explorers baba. Against your view that the water level of the world will rise, no i disagree.
Let's take a look at this... If you put some volume of water into a refrigerator and allow it to ice off. Will it spill out of the cup after it has gotten iced?
No, we will only experience water level rise if the 4% of Ice on the mountains melt...

Drabeey was HERE

have you read this story?

MOTHERS STRIKE

www.nairaland.com/3913522/mothers-strike-true-life-story

what are you saying man?!...The Ice we talking about here is not part of the water...If the ICE should melt into water, it will add more Volume to the water body...its like u have a glass of Hennessy and add Ice Cube to it...will you have more liquid volume in your glass or not? or do u wanna tell me that it will still be the same volume?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NABTEB Releases 2019 Results, Reals Out Performances / Net Worth Of Telecom Companies In Nigeria - Techredirector / List Of All Accredited Jamb Cbt Registration And Examination Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.