Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,674 members, 7,955,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:06 AM

13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse (32663 Views)

Tella Adedapo Commits Suicide: Soldier Hangs Himself Inside Abuja Barracks / Man Strips Unclad, Hangs Himself At Popular Ebeano Tunnel In Enugu. Photos / Man Hangs Himself On A Tree At Lagos Airport Way This Morning (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by ijustdey: 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
By HENRY OKONKWO

A thirteen-year-old boy has been found dead in an uncompleted building beside his home after his mother allegedly rained abuses on him.

The teenager, simply identified as Rokeeb, was found hanging on a noose last Monday, around 9am, at 25 Ekimogun Street, Apelehin under Isokan community in Bariga area of Lagos.

Neighbours told Saturday Sun that Rokeeb could have sunk into depression after his mother launched a tirade at him in which, she allegedly told him to go hang himself if he liked.

On the fateful day, no one expected that such a terrible thing would happen, because Rokeeb was his usual self, doing the call to prayer in the local mosque situated at Kehinde lane, close to his house.

Rokeeb’s Quranic teacher simply known as Alfa Sambo, said the boy, after performing the religious assignment that morning continued reading the Quran in mosque, but suddenly left when he saw his mother going out.

“He told Alfa that he wants to go and help his mother carry her load,” an eyewitness told Saturday Sun. “Rokeeb’s mother sells noodles at a bus stop in Bariga. Few minutes after, we heard the mother shouting and abusing the boy, I was confused as to what could have gone wrong with Rokeeb and his mother. But I didn’t go out to confirm what the cause of the outburst was.”

Another neighbour said one of Rokeeb’s siblings told her that the deceased asked their mother for money, but she told him she did not have. Then Rokeeb started grumbling and complaining about life, saying that he was tired of living. That apparently annoyed the mother and made her reply in anger that if he was tired of life he should go and hang himself, the neighbour said.

Moments later, Rokeeb’s body was found dangling from the ceiling in an uncompleted building near the house.

“We heard some residents shouting for help that Monday morning,” a resident who simply identified himself as Kunle, said, adding: “we found Rokeeb hanging and struggling for breath. We took him down and rushed him to Gbagada General Hospital, but he died at the emergency section before medical help could get to him.”

Neighbours said Rokeeb’s mother is a single mother of three. Rokeeb was a product of her first marriage, which crashed. She remarried and had the last two children. That marriage also crashed, so, currently she is not with any man, one said.

Saturday Sun’s efforts to reach the woman for comments were unsuccessful as she was said to have been at large, since the incident. No one could tell her whereabouts by press time.

http://sunnewsonline.com/13-year-old-boy-hangs-self-to-protest-mums-abuse/
Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by LionDeLeo: 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
Very unfortunate

7 Likes

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by funlord(m): 12:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
Chai! Rokeeb why? sad

12 Likes

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by policy12: 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
Rokeeb R.I.P

2 Likes

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by hatchy(f): 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
Chai! Very pathetic. A result of broken home.
The mother is definitely not a happy woman because of the conditions she found herself but transfer the aggression on the poor boy.
A lesson to us all to learn.Except for a marriage that is characterised with violence, don't leave your marriage instead try to build it with tolerance and understanding because there is no perfect home/marriage.
All roof are slanted,there is no flat roof,never.

RIP to you son.

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by Addicted2Women: 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2017

Stupidity

Now he's dead, he will be forgotten in few months

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by Evergreen4(m): 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
Parents should mind what they say to their kids.

R.I.P young lad

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by Papiikush: 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
hatchy:
don't leave your marriage instead try to build it with tolerance and understanding because there is no perfect home/marriage.
lol... Tell this to the feminist.
Especially the dumb ones on nairaland.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by three: 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
Why a parent feels the need to insult his/her own son to 'make the child progress in life' is a mystery

Omo ale, Baba nka, Anu Ofia and what not....no be you born am?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by wolextayo: 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
Rip boy! Your mum will celebrate plenty December on earth. Instead of you to run For your life you con go die. You f**k up o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by achieversbizpro(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
rip boy

1 Like

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by oksmart1992(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
Touching... R.I.P cry
Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by SeniorZato(m): 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
Until i see the picture, this remains a nollwood script

1 Like

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by perdollar(m): 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
thank God he killed himself n didn't commit suicide like bokoharam do
Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by mpowa(m): 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
'
Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by IJOBA2: 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
RIP ROKEEBAT
Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by Harmored(m): 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
perdollar:
thank God he killed himself n didn't commit suicide like bokoharam do

YOU NEED MILK

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by Evergreen4(m): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
Parents should mind what they say to their kids.

R.I.P young lad

3 Likes

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by wolextayo: 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
policy12:

Rokeeb R.I.P
The boy fu*k up I swear
Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by BanevsJoker(m): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
Papiikush:

lol... Tell these to the feminist.

I believe that kid must have been murdered. I mean where does a 13-year old Nigerian boy learn how to tie a noose? Unfortunately, we don't conduct investigations in this country. Kid was murdered.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by elantraceey(f): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
Sometimes some parents do not know that words are more painful than cain, they must be living in a difficult situation and children most times don't understand this, instead of abuse they should be corrected with love.

Now this is were a mother's careless words have landed her child, What a pity.

Rip.

9 Likes

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by deepwater(f): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
Are you sure
This needs to be properly investigated
Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
ijustdey:

Are there some other facts we are yet to be told?

The woman's whereabouts are unknown...

No confirmation from either the police or the morgue... (OK, as a Muslim, perhaps he has already been buried)

"Neighbours" all repeating the same storyline...
Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by Papiikush: 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
BanevsJoker:

I believe that kid must have been murdered. I mean where does a 13-year old Nigerian boy learn how to tie a noose? Unfortunately, we don't conduct investigations in this country. Kid was murdered.
Probably...but kids now have access to the Internet. He might have seen a thing or two.
Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by missyadorable(f): 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
That boy was murdered and staged like suicide.

Unfortunately,this Is Nigeria

Nothing is investigated
Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
He told Alfa that he wants to go and help his mother carry her load,” an eyewitness told Saturday Sun. “Rokeeb’s mother sells noodles at a bus stop in Bariga. Few minutes after, we heard the mother shouting and abusing the boy, I[b] was confused as to what could have gone wrong with Rokeeb and his mother. But I didn’t go out to confirm what the cause of the outburst was.[/b]”

Maybe you should have, squire, maybe you should have.

ON a more serious note, the fact of the matter is

MANY NIGERIAN PARENTS ROUTINELY INSULT AND ABUSE THEIR CHILDREN VERBALLY.

Sometimes at levels that are toxic to the child's mental health.

It is ok to be angry with your child when your child misbehaves. JUst dont make that anger the source of more problems for your child. Be calm, don't belittle.

3 Likes

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by Iwant2know: 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
Poor boy R I P ...
Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by ivolt: 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
hatchy:
Chai! Very pathetic. A result of broken home.
The mother is definitely not a happy woman because of the conditions she found herself but transfer the aggression on the poor boy.
A lesson to us all to learn.Except for a marriage that is characterised with violence, don't leave your marriage instead try to build it with tolerance and understanding because there is no perfect home/marriage.

RIP to you son.

Are you married ?
Are you being abused ?

Your unsolicited advice is not needed.

3 Likes

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by akynkunmee: 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
Police Has No Evidence Against Evans, Lawyer Says as Wife, Kids, Parents Demand to See Billionaire Kidnapper

Click link to read more: http://www.247nigerianewsupdate.co/2017/07/police-has-no-evidence-against-evans.html

1 Like

Re: 13-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself In Lagos To Protest Mum’s Abuse by muller101(m): 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
Fabricated story. Op go and hang

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Children Join Their Mom In Dealing With Their Dad For Finishing Food She Cook / Bandits Abduct Emir Of Kajuru, Alhassan Adamu, 12 Other Family Members In Kaduna / Bauchi Man Testing Bulletproof Charm Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.