Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked (4611 Views)

Poll: Should Amodu?

Remain: 32% (43 votes)
Be Sacked: 67% (90 votes)
This poll has ended

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach / Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by milkan05(m): 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2010
3 reasons to sack Amodu -

1- He is dumb.

2- He is Ugly

3- He chews gum like goro!!

U want more? angry angry
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by tkb417(m): 6:07pm On Feb 04, 2010
so if they dont send amodu on a refresher course, he wont go
why u sef no wait for govt to send u go do ur masters for abroad cheesy cheesy

@denitro
u have made sense abeg
nice one

1) amodu is simply a dullard
2) his players dont believe in him so what else do we want if his players think he is tactically inept
3) amodu cannot read a match to save his life

how can u guys explain using 2 defensive midfielders when the opposition was defensive
tht summarises ma first point

he doesnt have a brain in his skull
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by Parnassuss(m): 6:17pm On Feb 04, 2010
Seems alot of persons i.e Chi lane, the Light, Ikhilor believe the sack of such an unskilled and arrogant hardhead a waste, since we are in such a sorry state, literally. Oh well, this approach almost seems equivalent to refusing headache meds since your down wit malaria. Even sport has the power to change the affairs of a state if its people are passionate enough about it. We should not compromise excellence even if our nation is such a failure in a multitude of ways.
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by Tonyet1(m): 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2010
2tait:

Hmmmmmmm   Tonye-t

1. Whose job is it to send Amodu on refresher course? [b] Definitely not Amodu.

Geeezzzzzzz, did you say Amodu has nothing to do with training himself, let me ask, on which groung did the glass house invite Amodu to saddle the responsiblity? was it not because He posed himself as having enough refreshers training more than the other nigeria coaches wayback 2008 and also on the grounds of his old and irrelevant accolades like the laurels of BCC lion of Gboko bullshitsss?.

Lulu et al, are keeping that guy there simply for the gains they scoop monthly from his salary and each time when asked their reasons for still keeping him there, they come up to tell us "HE IS STILL THE MOST PROFICIENT COACH WITH CERTIFICATES OF THE GAME" and i keep wondering what could be proficient about a man who over 130million africans know has nothing to offer the team "SUPER EAGLES".

Since he came on the grounds of being the only one with professional skills (old skill since 2008) because he went for some trainings since 2008, then the only thing to make him keep his job is to update himself PERSONALLY and prove it convincingly with friendly matches and that with good teams.

Note: In his contract document, he has provisions for refreshers training. what is he doing with that money. Nigerians are not fools!
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by onyii4explosive(m): 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2010
Firstly,he lacks the charisma.
2ndly,as a coach pitch reachion is one of the major things dat helps to moltivate your team,but in the case of amodu,he never gets up from his seat talk more of directing which is very bad of him.
Finally,poor substitution.[color=#000099][/color]

Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by Tonyet1(m): 6:32pm On Feb 04, 2010
2tait:

2. Whose job is it to invite/employ good hands to help the coach? Definitely not Amodu.[/b]

Just a question for you 2tait, WHAT IS THE JOB ROLE OF A MANAGER? maybe if you dont understand the question i'll ask it this way- WHO IS A MANAGER?

your answer to this question will determine alot here. period!
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by mamagee3(f): 6:38pm On Feb 04, 2010
Amodu is a joke, he needs to be sacked.
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by zugoboss(m): 6:50pm On Feb 04, 2010
There are ONLY 3 reasons he should go:
1.He is useless
2.He is useless
3.He is useless
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by olowolekan(m): 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2010
Amodu should not be sacked
1.He qualified Naija 4 SA2010 One of his mandates
2.Eagle reached semi-final
3.covenant is intact.NFF entered covenant with Amodu and Amodu has kept his part.
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2010
I was a keen hater of Amodu Shaibu (I so hate his looks, tactics and reason) up until the last game with Algeria, and after all is said and done.

He has consistently dumb-founded even the most avid follower of attacking/productive football with his [b]win every-which way but just win [/b]strategy (just too consistent to be called luck)

With a competition that had the likes of Cameroon, CIV, Mali, Zambia and Algeria (Favorites to reach the semis) falling out despite their incredible performance. I'd say Amodu has risen to the top in spite of the odds, Why he should remain.? He has succeeded with;

1: A team that boasts of the most bench-warmers in the international circuit.
2: A team that struggled with form, injuries and insufficient (sometimes inappropriate) use of incisive attacking/defensive options
3: He has not lost (yet)

All the reasons advanced by Amodu haters (like me) are purely based on our loss of passion for the SE (with reason) and our frustration over our consistent failure to reclaim our birth-right  grin in African Soccer. (After all a nation of 150 million soccer-loving Nigerians should have a harvest of talent to source from)
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by woye77: 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2010
(a) he is technically deficient
(b) he lacks the respect of the players
(c) he does not know how to motivate players during matches
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by vicishow(m): 8:13pm On Feb 04, 2010
I don't think this is worth discussing. Anything wey NFF like make dem do.
I go keep making my dough!!!
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by CarlosVent(m): 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2010
1. Amodu has been the best coach Nigeria has ever had since the days of Westerhof Elapsed.
2. He qualified Nigeria for the world cup 2002 even though he don't have the finishing tactical ability but he has luck
3. qualified Nigeria for 2010 world cup and also 3rd place at d 2010 Nations Cup.

Any one that's wants amodu to be caked is a slum. the nff should be sacked and not amodu.
THE CREW SHOULD BE BEEFED UP WITH KESHI AND SIASIA DATS ALL
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by vikiviko(m): 9:04pm On Feb 04, 2010
Amodu lacks technical depth to read a match.

For is inability to pick a single local player from the Nigerian local league shows his lack of techical know , the Heartland and Kano Pillars teams would have won the nations cup.

Amodu is scared stiff to drop some players what was the rationale for dropping Adefemi and Adeleye.
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by funshiba(m): 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2010
He should please GO!!! no technicality!!!
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by dayo23(f): 9:21pm On Feb 04, 2010
I don't have three reasons,I only have three words: Sack Him Now!!!
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by samsoft(m): 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2010
Valentine, Valentine's Gifts, Valentine's Gift Tips, Valentine gift Ideas,Valentine cards, love cards, valentine's day
click the link below to learn more,
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by Yehman(m): 10:34pm On Feb 04, 2010
We always expect d best 4rm every football tournament.I wonder what Amodu must have done to warrant such behaviour 4rm us.Have he done anything wrong by taking us over to South Africa or by grabing third place in Angola?let us be logical here,presently,tell me which of d coach that qualified 4 world cup dat can forfeit his team 4 us?The truth is dat we are sacking our coach which qualified 4 d world cup to get a coach dat didn't qualify 4 world cup.So let's give him d chance!
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by hatbreaker: 10:35pm On Feb 04, 2010
no reason, rather ill fire those fools who hired amodu domenech!!for even thinking of hiring the egyptian coach.oh boy, these guys are insulting, may their heads forever be between their legs!!
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by ikennahill: 10:47pm On Feb 04, 2010
WHOEVER WATCHED THE NIGERIAN MATCH WITH EGYPT,BENIN REPUBLIC,GHANA AND ZAMBIA WILL SEE CLEARLY THAT AMODU IS NOT A GOOD COACH,

benin suppose win us, they  hit  our woodwork twice, egypt show us shege, zambia us us to sell their player to the world, that match na rubbish, aganist Ghana, we exhausted our luck. and saw ourself crashing,Algeria played with 2nd eleven and if not that caf will ban them ,they did not want to play the third place cup.

World cup qualifers was given to us by mozambique and not amodu, if mozambque had lost to tunisia even if we play kenya 20 zero we will be going nowhere.

Get some body like siasia and oliseh and see what will happen, or get sherta of egypt that baned mido,or hindick,or even keshi
amodu is an oh yes man,that why nff like him and siasia is the opposite and they hate him and the talents(boys) he has produced from nowhere,
,but in the final analysis those siasia boy were the ones that saved 9ja from total disgrace, obasi ogbuke, echijelie,mikel obi, onyekachi apam,obinnna nsofor,.
what was anyabenni doing in supper eagles, what was the role of mohhammed yusuf(he saved us aganist zambia twice) doing in super eagle,h killed the attacks and made no single correct passing nor crossings.Amodu lack tactics and everybody know that, didnt zambia lose to us, but the coach contract was renewed, the way u lose or win matters
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by ikeyman00(m): 11:39pm On Feb 04, 2010
did he??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by vikiviko(m): 11:42pm On Feb 04, 2010
Amodu lacks technical depth to read a match.

For is inability to pick a single local player from the Nigerian local league shows his lack of techical know , the Heartland and Kano Pillars teams would have won the nations cup.

Amodu is scared stiff to drop some players what was the rationale for dropping Adefemi and Adeleye.
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by Focusmind: 11:44pm On Feb 04, 2010
Amodu is just like any other spectator that has come to watch match - he sits like a statue all along
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by ikeyman00(m): 11:45pm On Feb 04, 2010
We always expect d best 4rm every football tournament.I wonder what Amodu must have done to warrant such behaviour 4rm us.Have he done anything wrong by taking us over to South Africa or by grabing third place in Angola?let us be logical here,presently,tell me which of d coach that qualified 4 world cup dat can forfeit his team 4 us?The truth is dat we are sacking our coach which qualified 4 d world cup to get a coach dat didn't qualify 4 world cup.So let's give him d chance!

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by ikeyman00(m): 11:47pm On Feb 04, 2010
right okocha still voicing out for a change

Time for change is now, says Okocha
By Olalekan Okusan

INCENSED by the continued dwindling fortunes of Nigerian football, former Super Eagles captain and member of the Presidential Task Force (PTF), Austin Jay Jay Okocha, has decided to spearhead a change in the game.

An embittered Okocha alongside some former players like Victor Ikpeba, Emmanuel Okocha, Tajudeen Disu, were present at a media briefing yesterday in Lagos, where the former Bolton's captain, expressed his intention to join hands with like-minded people to stem the rot.

He said: "I must tell you that the last two weeks have been the most traumatic of my entire life in football. While I have always appreciated the immense passion Nigerians have for football and for our national teams when they are playing, the first lesson I learnt at the beginning of this last Nations Cup finals in Angola was that, as players, we are often the ones at the heart of the games. We clearly will never have enough understanding of how badly our performances on the field affect millions of our countrymen and women, especially when we don't play well," Okocha lamented.

Continuing, he said: "This last championship, being the very first time in 18 years of my career that I will not be part of the team as a player, afforded me the opportunity of knowing how critically important this game is to our collective growth and unity as a nation. For this reason, I have, along with a few of former Eagles star, decided that it is time we got more involved in seeking solutions to the myriad of problems facing our football development.

"Our recent experience has shown that those of us who have played the game at the highest levels for clubs and country must desist from just sitting on the sidelines and leaving the running of the sport to career civil servants and politicians," he added.

He further said: "I have, therefore, on behalf of other concerned former national team players, decided to come out today and join my voice with those of millions of Nigerians in and out of the country, to affirm and spread the message that "Enough is Enough" of the maladministration and rot in Nigerian football; and that without any gainsaying: 'The time for change is now'."

The former Fernebache of Turkey star described football as a socio-economic weapon, which he said if well managed would create livelihood for youths.

"Every time I travel round various parts of the country, I marvel at the incredible abundance of talents all over our nation. It is high time we began to treat our football with the seriousness and decency it deserves as a veritable socio-economic weapon. All over the world football is the easiest way for a poor man to aspire to a decent life. And the story of most of us, myself inclusive, should inspire our leaders to begin to seriously exploit this. What would help stem the negative tide is a holistic look at all the components, especially the human resources, which is the most important of all," he added.

He, however, called on the Presidency to rise and evolve ways of making the valuable knowledge; exposure and experience gathered by dozens of the nation's successful professional footballers count in national football management.

"Ex-international players must be encouraged to take up the reins of leadership in our football and inject their knowledge of how the game is administered in Europe and the advanced world into our game as well as other vital sectors of our national life like oil, security, politics, banking, medicine, law, among others. From now onward, we must put our best legs forward both on and off the pitch and return Nigeria to her front position in African football. Time for that change is now," he emphasised.

Okocha listed some of the areas where urgent changes are needed, as domestic league, administration and grassroots programmes.

He, however, urged the players to focus on the World Cup in South Africa and do the country proud at the Mundial.

His words: "I will want to end by reiterating my appeal to my colleagues in the Super Eagles to look beyond Angola 2010 and work hard towards ensuring a good outing for Nigeria at South Africa 2010. From coaches to administrators, fans and our corporate organisations, we are all guilty of bringing our football to the present state.

"It is time we all come together with a view to taking it to the height expected of a giant in the game," Okocha noted.
http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/4/11.html
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by Smi1(m): 12:15am On Feb 05, 2010
SE needs a high profile manager someone like Mourinho or Alex that will be able to handle the so call big players in the team, i'm not really blaming Amodu because everyone knows coaches are victims of blames whenever their team doesn't play well. the solution is very clear let NFF simply recruits new young players that are hungry for trophies, thank you
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by efeboy(m): 12:24am On Feb 05, 2010
Amodu should remain.

My biggest reason is that when it comes to football in Nigeria, our overcritical attitude blinds our eyes and makes us annoying and unreasonable.

Back to business.

1.) There is no official, legal, or even moral reason to sack Amodu. Anybody can tell me about any other reason but as far as his contract is concerned he

met all the target set for him by his employers.

2.) We would never find any coach that will prepare the team for winning this 2010 world cup. So what are we talking about.

Plus or minus, Amodu or foreign coach, we would still perform as usual at the world cup.

3.) At this point in time, what a wise federation will do is RE-ENFORCE. For God's sake this problem is bigger than what many sentimental Nigerian football fans

think it is. We should not even bother solving a very small part of the problem thinking we are solving the whole problem. When we are truly ready to solve

this big systemic problem then we should solve it. But for now all we can do is WISELY WORK WITH WHAT WE HAVE.

Imagine, some of this oversentimental, overcritical fans are arguing FIFA's ranking of Nigeria as 15Th in the world. According to them FIFA should put into

consideration the fact that

1.) The national team coach is Amodu, a man they hate so well.

2.) The Amodu-led eagles are not playing the kind of attacking football Nigerians like.

So because of this reasons FIFA is wrong for placing us 15Th in the world and second in Africa. What a low-level type of thinking. When it is clear that FIFA

only cares about the result teams churn out at every competitive game and not their style of play or developmental problems. All this madness because of

sentiments on the parts of the fans.

Abeg we shouldn't be overcritical and we should always know what we really want.
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by kcjazz(m): 12:44am On Feb 05, 2010
Did Amodu hire himself?

I believe he should not be sacked

1. He met his targets. (WC & Semis). For those that say Mozambique qualified Nigeria, I think that is unfair to him. Why didn't Tunisia win their match? People say Nigerians always satisfied with mediocrity, I don't think a bronze medal is mediocre if an Ivory coast, Mali, or Cameroon ended the tournament empty handed.

2. He needs help. Get more people on the board to work with him, preferably Siasia, Kalika etc, match readers, scouts

3. Amodu is not the problem of Nigerian football. remember 1998,2002 we have been down this road before (we need a world class coach, tired legs etc). The FA needs refresher courses, they need to model our league to maybe the Brazillian league. I would prefer the u23 coach to be the SE coach, improve compensation to keep our best talents at home etc
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by boolet: 2:42am On Feb 05, 2010
1. He lacks the charisma, seeing his countenance on the pitch
2. The team he coaches does not seem to play with instructions, rather, they play intuitively
3. Hearsays put it across he fears and favours some players. grin
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by Tcrack(m): 2:46am On Feb 05, 2010
Amodu MUST be sacked because

1,Its Nigerias birth right to win every match and since Amodu connot achieve that, he must be fired.
2,Every Nigerian  (including those that couldnt pass ordinary WAEC) know more about   team selection, match reading , player motivation,
  team management  ETC, than Amodu
3,White coaches are magicians so once we hire one, all our problems will be over.

Foolish people.
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by Nsanje(m): 6:16am On Feb 05, 2010
Amodu may not be the best coach. But this is not the right time to change him. Coaching or leadership requires time to get acquinted with the team. 4 months to world cup you are hiring a new coach! haba Nigeria. I agree we should focus on next world cup and allow Amodu to complete this one.
1. Amodu now understands his team
2. his team understands him though they may not always agree
3. the time is too short for any change.

Amodu is better to stay
Re: Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked by flexibles(m): 7:40am On Feb 05, 2010
1 He aint technically & tactically sound
2 He believes in d old legs, whereas football now is about passion, those old fools are egoistic blot headed, pay us our dollars footballers, they only care about d money
(d only passionate ones are osaze & obasi & enyeama)
3 The players dnt believe in his ability, for anyone that has played FM b4, when players loose faith in ur ability dts it, u're done, for real amodu's done.
I wuld even be happier if siasia takes us to d world cup, d guy knws how to motivate players, make tactical changes, and source for young , fresh legs from d street. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ORDEGA Or YAKUBU AIYEGBENI Who's Better / Top 7 Legends Who Scored FIVE Goals In A Single Match / 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.