Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? (11856 Views)

Which Car Was Your First Car? / Man Shares His First Car Experience In 2002 / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Rekyz(m): 7:21am On Jul 16, 2017
I will buy my first car in 2018. I hate trekking.

18 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by HausaOverlord: 7:26am On Jul 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My first car came from a curse.

Growing up..

I dated this young girl, I ravaged her anatomy and conquered her innuendos completely...when I knew there was no more adventure in the relationship, I dumped her.
She felt used and cursed me saying I will remain a pauper... I will never own a bicycle tyre and so on.

Three weeks later, I got my first car.

So the only reason I bought my first car was to truly test if her curse was potent.
lienel messi

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by bibiking7(m): 7:38am On Jul 16, 2017

I resume work early. I used to see all sorts of dangerous folks on my way to work early in the morning. It was either i learnt taekwondo or save up to buy a new car and zoom off to work. Plus, it made going on dates easier.
Its safer to drive (reduces risk of entering one chance). Its more convenient. You control your route. You control your passengers (nobody sweaty person will rest his or her head on your shoulder, like in commercial buses).

21 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Victornezzar: 7:44am On Jul 16, 2017
SirJeffry:
I bought my first car, an accord 94 back then in the University after mum banned me from driving hers just to remain a big boy but before I knew it, my phone contact was full of mechanics due to frequent change of shafts, bow joints and rods. God punish Honda grin
lol Bro av u tried using Honda pilot b4
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by bencarson007(m): 7:50am On Jul 16, 2017
papascode:
I need a Toyota Camry 2.4 contact me

PM me. What price range are you looking at and is it naija used or tokunbo?
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by SweetJoystick(m): 7:52am On Jul 16, 2017
missyadorable:
Necessity

Was using one of my mum's car in school
After graduation,it was sold.

I got married and had a baby,so I needed a car for easy and decent movement...Luck smiled on me,I made some awoof money from MMM and got one.

I later got a piece of land.

So you are part of the persons who made my friends life miserable after MMM freeze?

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by buchilino(m): 7:53am On Jul 16, 2017
TWO REASONS MADE ME BUY MY FIRST CAR (A CARINA E). ONE, ONE CHANCE BUS, TWO LACK OF MAINTENANCE CULTURE OF MANY COMMERCIAL DRIVERS IN LAGOS.

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by SweetJoystick(m): 7:53am On Jul 16, 2017
papascode:
I need a Toyota Camry 2.4 contact me
Toks or registered?
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 16, 2017
Victornezzar:

lol Bro av u tried using Honda pilot b4
Bro, this same thing has happened to a friend recently who has a pilot, I think 2011 or so.

I've told somebody this and I'll say it again, Honda is a fragile ride meant for old folks. Try turn Honda wheels fully and see if the steering wheel joints won't unhook.

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Victornezzar: 7:57am On Jul 16, 2017
SirJeffry:
Bro, this same thing has happened to a friend recently who has a pilot, I think 2011 or so.

I've told somebody this and I'll say it again, Honda is a fragile ride meant for old folks. Try turn Honda wheels fully and see if the steering wheel joints won't unhook.
bros I swear dat car is so boring
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by effluxpump(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2017
When my brothers was about to marry, one of his friend that promised to convey him to the brides place for the "introduction rite" disappointed him... it was horrible that day... and I promised myself that a car will be my first achievement when I leave school ...no car for now, but it will come.

14 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by nervegasfarts: 8:05am On Jul 16, 2017
Ha Op. Very good question.

I will never forget the reason for the decision. My friends had been telling me to get a car for a long time o. I felt it was just a status thing and so thought i did not need one. After all, BRT dey, Okada dey! Between them I could get anywhere. At a point BRT services started degrading but then, there was still danfo now?

One morning, na jeje I dey go work o. I don call okada, me and that one don dey yarn. I like to engage them sometimes to hear their story, but mostly in a bid to make them slow down. Out of nowhere o, this small girl just burst into the road trying to cross! The girl could not be more that 7 years old o. My okada man swerve once, face trailer, swerve twice, face stationary vehicle, swerved a 3rd time, next thing I knew, we were under a 40 footer!. I managed to survive with a few bruises. I was home for about a week. But my okada man lost his leg 2 months later. I had tried to find him to no avail. So after the accident, they took both of us to the hospital, but I left same day to another one. Unknown to me, his people took him to his village where they treated his broken leg traditionally. When we found him and brought him down, it was really bad, they had to amputate him.

After all the fiasco, I called my car-savvy friend. 'Ogbeni, how much dem dey sell car?'. That was it!!!.

Looking back, I guess I believed the hype to get property first before cars, but today, I can tell you for certain that a small car is more important than your 1st house. As long as you don't buy a jaguar as your first car, then the house will come naturally. It makes life easier, going about your business easier. Note that I'm talking to people like me with limited resources o, if you have money to do both in 1 day, no worries! Also note that this is peculiar to Nigeria and places where there is no developed transport system. People in Europe and UK may not understand the point.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Kendrick80(m): 8:25am On Jul 16, 2017
jaychubi:
Op

Buying my first car five yrs ago was one of my best decisions BC it has impacted every aspect of my life. I can't imagine hw I lived in those yrs b4 I bought my car.

D car is a darling pocket friendly in maintenance n has never stopped me on d road, though I take good care of it.

A small car to move from point A to B is a necessity in life grin grin grin

Never d less parking more than one car in a rented apartment is financial foolishness angry angry angry
Corolla sport I guess
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Kendrick80(m): 8:27am On Jul 16, 2017
bibiking7:

I resume work early. I used to see all sorts of dangerous folks on my way to work early in the morning. It was either i learnt taekwondo or save up to buy a new car and zoom off to work. Plus, it made going on dates easier.
Its safer to drive (reduces risk of entering one chance). Its more convenient. You control your route. You control your passengers (nobody sweaty person will rest his or her head on your shoulder, like in commercial buses).

U go get sense for Lagos
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by StevensJojo(f): 8:32am On Jul 16, 2017
Im so loving this.Just what i need.Iv been conflicted recently.

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by WhoDeyThere(m): 8:35am On Jul 16, 2017
nervegasfarts:
Ha Op. Very good question.

I will never forget the reason for the decision. My friends had been telling me to get a car for a long time o. I felt it was just a status thing and so thought i did not need one. After all, BRT dey, Okada dey! Between them I could get anywhere. At a point BRT services started degrading but then, there was still danfo now?

One morning, na jeje I dey go work o. I don call okada, me and that one don dey yarn. I like to engage them sometimes to hear their story, but mostly in a bid to make them slow down. Out of nowhere o, this small girl just burst into the road trying to cross! The girl could not be more that 7 years old o. My okada man swerve once, face trailer, swerve twice, face stationary vehicle, swerved a 3rd time, next thing I knew, we were under a 40 footer!. I managed to survive with a few bruises. I was home for about a week. But my okada man lost his leg 2 months later. I had tried to find him to no avail. So after the accident, they took both of us to the hospital, but I left same day to another one. Unknown to me, his people took him to his village where they treated his broken leg traditionally. When we found him and brought him down, it was really bad, they had to amputate him.

After all the fiasco, I called my car-savvy friend. 'Ogbeni, how much dem dey sell car?'. That was it!!!.

Looking back, I guess I believed the hype to get property first before cars, but today, I can tell you for certain that a small car is more important than your 1st house. As long as you don't buy a jaguar as your first car, then the house will come naturally. It makes life easier, going about your business easier. Note that I'm talking to people like me with limited resources o, if you have money to do both in 1 day, no worries! Also note that this is peculiar to Nigeria and places where there is no developed transport system. People in Europe and UK may not understand the point.
lol @ 'ogbeni, how much them dey sell car'

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by drdams: 8:38am On Jul 16, 2017
that great day when I was battered by the rain. was like a wet chicken at work ; sympathy here and there. I log on to internet banking and other places I hid my money and straight to olx, jiji , family members, colleagues for car search. In less than 2 months, I got a deal within my budget ; I spent less on tfare (pms was N85).

Considering how often and the distance you covered on the road everyday ; In my case, car was a neccessity but I ensured I dint take a loan to buy it . My goal was mobility and comfort; luxury will come when its obvious I can afford it. The car has been serving me since then. No regret.

I got a parcel of land in less than a year after purchasing a car. Its about imbibing a saving culture.

my friends who refuse to buy a car then and are ready cannot afford it or are paying through thier nose - TIME VALUE OF MONEY

10 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by drehdinho(m): 8:43am On Jul 16, 2017
I need a recommendation on what car to buy in respect of affordable price, easy maintenance and durability.
Tnanks

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:44am On Jul 16, 2017
oriflamebaby1:
Make money, look good and have fun! Ask me how?
oya tell me how...
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by kennybenjminz: 8:46am On Jul 16, 2017
Envy
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My first car came from a curse.

Growing up..

I dated this young girl, I ravaged her anatomy and conquered her innuendos completely...when I knew there was no more adventure in the relationship, I dumped her.
She felt used and cursed me saying I will remain a pauper... I will never own a bicycle tyre and so on.

Three weeks later, I got my first car.

So the only reason I bought my first car was to truly test if her curse was potent.

lmao... what is this?
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by missyadorable(f): 9:20am On Jul 16, 2017
SweetJoystick:

So you are part of the persons who made my friends life miserable after MMM freeze?

Lol.Ignorant foool
Nobody made anybody's life miserable.
Your friends were greedy and didn't understand what SPARE money means

I am currently building my house.MMM still pays

3 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by djlaqua91(m): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2017
Thanks OP for this. Learnt a lot
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by squarelead(m): 9:45am On Jul 16, 2017
I will buy my first car early 2019. It is very important to be mobile it ease all movement.
Wow. With faith all things work. My first car was in March 2018, second car now February 2019. God is good. It ease movement indeed.

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by rash47(m): 9:46am On Jul 16, 2017
I got fed up with trecking,virtually all my guyz had cars. Have a piece land but refuse to degelop it,had always believe building any house from the scratch less 4m naira is substandard...i jejely took a baby boy Honda and after a yr of some little ish of wheels and gear srlection issues switch to Toyota....my Toyota is really reliable,and very hustle friendly,GOD bless all genuine hutslers, and. Help me move in to my own house nx yr.

4 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by dammysel(f): 9:48am On Jul 16, 2017
AutoReportNG:
Hello folks, its weekend and its time to relax and unwind so we decided to ask this question.

I was with some of my friends at the weekend and we had an argument that its not ideal you buy a car first without having at least a landed property or a house. According to the Yorubas, it's been said that cars make you spend and it accumulates expenses while land, cars are all assets..

This makes us to ask, when did you buy your first car? Did you believe in the saying that cars are money wasters? How has your car affect your life or business in anyway.

It's weekend and we just want to freestyle..

- AutoReportNG

Business -Mobile Shop

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by rash47(m): 9:51am On Jul 16, 2017
I got fed up with trecking,virtually all my guyz had cars. Have a piece land but refuse to degelop it,had always believe building any house from the scratch less 4m naira is substandard...i jejely took a baby boy Honda and after a yr of some little ish of wheels and gear srlection issues switch to Toyota....my Toyota is really reliable,and very hustle friendly,GOD bless all genuine hutslers, and help me move in to my own house nx yr.
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by engrrichie92(m): 10:13am On Jul 16, 2017
babablogger:
i have been sick for a while now and i need cash to treat myself i have a dell Latitude E4310 with receipt as collateral for a loan of 30,000 Naira which i will refund in two months please i need the cash urgently

WHATSAPP: 08172802145

always state the specs when you tryna sell something..just say Del latitude aint enough to get interest of buyers

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 16, 2017
Hmmmm love this tread...my bros been thinking of selling his yet to arrive care of 900k in order to purchase a land he saw 700k....

I think I need to discourage him since business ain't the way it is before..

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by heykims(m): 10:18am On Jul 16, 2017
I'd like to get a small car but d high cost is d damaging and discouraging factor.
Any advice with a budget of less a million naira?
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by engrrichie92(m): 10:22am On Jul 16, 2017
actually... n reason, i was forced to take a car loan
#sobs
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by FullDepth1: 10:23am On Jul 16, 2017
I bought my first car, Nissan Altima, 06 model.
I was the Baddest guy back then.. AC, Speed, Sound 2.5l engine, Gbedu, better balance, Sweet something traveling To Owerri and back.

Until I relocated to Lagos 5yrs ago, and the Lagos weeches/weezards started.

That car show me pepper small, But it made me the Mechanic I am today. (As I had to start reading and Studying about Mechanism of cars and how to Fix them, after KABIRU and KAZEEM don wound me)

Smh at myself. Sweet thing dey purge sometimes, But Purging dey Clear Belle too.

Still happy I got it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kobe Steel Scandal Deepens Over Quality Of Metal Used In Cars,Aeroplanes & Train / How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos / Weird Car Sounds And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.