Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:04 AM

The Lord Told Me To Marry You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord Told Me To Marry You (838 Views)

My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend / Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: "What God Told Me" / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lord Told Me To Marry You by needhelp2: 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
"THE LORD TOLD ME TO MARRY YOU"
I think some of our born again brothers need to be taught how to propose marriage or relationship to sisters.
# spice it#
Some "spiritual" brothers never cease to amaze me.
The way some born again brothers propose with the tone of "Thus saith the Lord" is becoming alarming.
I believe most of us do watch movies but I don't know if you ever notice and compare the way guys in hollywood, nollywood etc present their marriage proposal in a very calm and sweet way.
# I don't want to use "romantic" winks#
Oh my God! The sight is always beautiful especially when the lady had been waiting for such for a long time. # Don 't jump o#
Honestly, I must say, it is annoying to walk up to a sister and say "...The Lord told me you are my wife"
Only baby Christian sisters will jump at it. Some who have no hearing ears for themselves will start crying and become too afraid to say NO because God has spoken.
I remember a case in which a sister said she was afraid of disobeying the Lord because the brother told her "...the Lord said" she is to be his wife and that she has prayed and waited on the Lord but there was no green light. Panic gripped her at the thought of turning down the proposal # Olugbala gba mi#
Brothers, I am not in any way disputing the fact that God speaks to you but please my uncles and brothers, God didn't send you to the sister. It wasn't a prophecy, a commandment or a decree. You have only received a conviction for your choice so know it for yourself (till when it is required to share it with her, reasonably after acceptance).
Allow the sister to make her decision voluntarily not under coercion, tension or the fear of the Almighty with which you are wrap the proposal
# so many sisters too do disappoint me...many of us do take eternity to reply to a proposal..we will talk about this later#
Well my focus today is on sisters. Please open your Bible to Judges 13:1-24.
The story was told of a couple: Manoah and his wife(name witheld); they were expecting parent.
One day, an angel appeared to the woman and told her about how she would conceive, birth a son, instructed her to check her diet and all that.
On the arrival of her HUSBAND, this woman SHARED the REVELATION with him. Guess what he did?
# I doff my hat for Mr. Manoah#
Verse 8
"And Manoah intreated the LORD, and said, O my Lord, LET THE MAN OF GOD which thou didst send COME AGAIN unto US, and teach us what we shall do unto the child that shall be born."
Note: This happened between a HUSBAND & WIFE yet the man CONSULTED GOD FOR A CONFIRMATION and further instructions # How much more someone who is just proposing to you#
Manoah prayed a correct prayer. It was like saying "Ok o my wife said you have spoken to her IN MY ABSENCE but please I want you to COME AGAIN but not when I am not around, appear to the TWO of US and give me further instructions" # happy mood activated#
This is a big lesson for single sisters and brothers.
Manoah and his wife had a relationship with God to the point of KNOWING HOW HE SPEAKS TO THEM. # Know God for yourself#
A sister who has deaf ears will most likely jump at "Thus saith the Lord" Likewise brothers too. We sisters do sheepishly share revelations with brothers. It is wrong. # exexperienceOfLife
Brothers, please learn how to propose without "Thus saith the Lord" Make it plain, express your love, comport yourself well (memorise the lines if need be. Laughs) but please be genuine about your feelings. If God has spoken to you then ask God to speak to her too.
If the Lord had told you a lady is your wife, propose to her expressing your desires to make her your wife.
Sisters, learn and understand how God speaks to you so that you won't put your marital destiny at risk.
# repetitionContinuesTillWeGetItRight

1 Like

Re: The Lord Told Me To Marry You by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
Some ladies will be like shocked Reeallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: The Lord Told Me To Marry You by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
Following u ma, more grace
Re: The Lord Told Me To Marry You by Cogent: 5:53am On Jul 22, 2017
They are liars. The lord didn't tell them anything they just can't be bothered to woo the sister properly so they use lies and manipulation.
You think its everyone that claims the lord said something that is telling the truth?

1 Like

Re: The Lord Told Me To Marry You by Zoe99(f): 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
Cogent:
They are liars. The lord didn't tell them anything they just can't be bothered to woo the sister properly so they use lies and manipulation.
You think its everyone that claims the lord said something that is telling the truth?
Exactly...particularly when the sister is beautiful.
Re: The Lord Told Me To Marry You by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
Zoe99:
Exactly...particularly when the sister is beautiful.
If u are the person in the middle, the lord will speak to me.
I particularly do not like the line "the Lord spoke to me", yes It looks manipulative but then we should not disregard the fact that the Lord actually speaks. Sisters should learn to differentiate the sincere ones from the wolves.

1 Like

Re: The Lord Told Me To Marry You by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
Cogent:
Once told a sister Her shape dey drive me crazy and she called me carnal. One way or the other brothers must marry
Re: The Lord Told Me To Marry You by Zoe99(f): 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
masterchi:
If u are the person in the middle, the lord will speak to me.
I particularly do not like the line "the Lord spoke to me", yes It looks manipulative but then we should not disregard the fact that the Lord actually speaks. Sisters should learn to differentiate the sincere ones from the wolves.
That's so true bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fake Man Of God Everywhere. . Please Mind Where You Worship / Save Me Brethren From Becoming An Atheist / Why Do Christians Feel They Are The Only Way To God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.