Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

What Does Restructuring Really Mean??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Restructuring Really Mean??? (1282 Views)

Sheikh Gumi To CJN: Leave Sharia Alone, Talk About Restructuring / "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima / Restructuring: South-East And South-South Governors Meet In Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Restructuring Really Mean??? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
The word restructuring is being brandished in the online and offline political sphere. I was listening to a radio program last week, and one of the OAP asked what really is restructuring. Surely it means different things to different people. Going by my own understanding the states should control their resources and we also have a weak FG. The surely would leave some parts of the nation disadvantaged after donkey year of FAAC allocation, funny this same part of the nation has the highest voting powers in the senate/house of rep.
The question is what do you think restructuring means
Re: What Does Restructuring Really Mean??? by Blue3k(m): 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
Devolution of powers down to lowest possible governing tiers for efficiency and giving more rights to individuals citezens.

The vagueness comes from solganeering. The powers people want to devolve aren't clear at times. The 2014 confab list alot of things to be put in concurrent list. Next big issues

Example of devolution of power is decentralized police and local governments autonomy (fiscal).

Example of more rights to citizens is giving citizens land and mineral rights.

1 Like

Re: What Does Restructuring Really Mean??? by Ahmed0336(m): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
Blue3k:
Devolution of powers down to lowest possible governing spears to make government and giving more rights to individuals citezens.

The vagueness comes from solganeering. The powers people want to devolve aren't clear at times. The 2014 confab list alot of things to be put in concurrent list. Next big issues

Example of devolution of power is decentralized police and local governments autonomy (fiscal).

Example of more rights to citezen is giving citezen land and mineral rights.

Biko how would a layman understand what u just wrote up there? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Does Restructuring Really Mean??? by Blue3k(m): 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
Ahmed0336:
Biko how would a layman understand what u just wrote up there? undecided

If they are in politics section you should understand. If they have taken a government class in high school or college you should. All the terms are pretty basic in my opinion.

Devolution of power means shifting responsibility to lower tiers of government aka states and local governments.

Moving duties to concurrent list means both federal and state government have domain over particular issue.

The examples speak for themselves I hope.

1 Like

Re: What Does Restructuring Really Mean??? by theeconomist97: 7:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hi Nairalanders!

I made a video in regards to Nigeria's current landscape.It"s a video on restructuring the nation and why it's resurging now. I hope to borrow a few minutes of your attention pleasesmiley! I hope you could give it a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SKI7vL7SY . I address how we got here and what's wrong with the Nation at this point in time.
Re: What Does Restructuring Really Mean??? by Blue3k(m): 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
theeconomist97:
Hi Nairalanders!

I made a video in regards to Nigeria's current landscape.It"s a video on restructuring the nation and why it's resurging now. I hope to borrow a few minutes of your attention pleasesmiley! I hope you could give it a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SKI7vL7SY . I address how we got here and what's wrong with the Nation at this point in time.

I dig the video will save it for watch later on youtube.
Re: What Does Restructuring Really Mean??? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2017
theeconomist97:
Hi Nairalanders!

since its the same set of leaders we have dat would administer d restructured nation. would der be any change in fortunes
Re: What Does Restructuring Really Mean??? by Blue3k(m): 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
Sniper12:
since its the same set of leaders we have dat would administer d restructured nation. would der be any change in fortunes

It depends on how much pressure people put on government and if they truly care about policy. A lot of time people get caught up in waves without critical examination of policy proposals.

I would say look at atiku call for restructuring and notice he doesn't want to change status of local governent being vassal of state.

Then look at 2014 confab report. So many people didn't even read through it. It's over 300 pages of policy proposals. Some are good other suck.
Re: What Does Restructuring Really Mean??? by theeconomist97: 10:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
I believe restructuring means 100% control of a state's resources(revenue), that way everybody is forced to actually start looking inwards and to cross-check, states that function in that way with huge natural resources includes Canada. I made a video in regards to Nigeria's current landscape.It"s a video on restructuring the nation and why it's resurgent now. I hope to borrow a few minutes of your attention please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SKI7vL7SY smiley . I address how we got here and what's wrong with the Nation at this point in time.
Re: What Does Restructuring Really Mean??? by Deedeedee3: 11:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
We are not restructuring anything. We are disintegrating. Es ist fertig

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Is Missing / Osinbajo And A Man At Filling Station In Lagos / Top Neurosurgeons Handpicked To Treat Yusuf Buhari (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.