Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,310 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions (21316 Views)

Building Plan of a 4 Bedroom Bungalow (needed urgently) / 4 Unit 2 Bedroom Block Of Flats Design - One Plot / Construction Of 2 Bedroom Block Of 6 Flats In Owerri,imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by ArcGibson(m): 10:53am On Jul 17, 2017
NOW UPPER FLOOR
1. Remove the DINING, it's obstructing the circulation.There is a conflict at the doors to each apartment at the full landing area. The entrance should have a little bit of reccess before you enter your apartment (once the dining is removed).And the door should be double leave door. 300mm X 900mm
2. Don't let the doors be obstructing the window as being said earlier at the room and the terrace. don't forget, two windows at the rooms that is not cross ventilated each at the extreme.
3. Remove the small wall that lead to the lobby at the visitor's toilet. It obstructing lighting. i can see a window at the lobby to the room, that's good. The door between a lobby to the visitor's toilet and the lobby to the rooms, a bit good though for privacy. God will not let us see fire incidence o. grin
4. Architect should not forget escape stair from the rear side at the kitchen at the upper floor. there is need for it as well. it could be a steel one for both apartment to be economical.though might not be used often but the architect should should see the one that can work maybe circular or straight one. Though might not necessary but it's important o. it can serve an the alternative to escape in case of fire incident.

My take.

An architect as well. Anyone can consult
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by ArcGibson(m): 10:57am On Jul 17, 2017
Remion:

Point No. 4 is funny, kitchen and bedroom?
no mind him... the guy is funny. kitchen and bedroom ko, toilet and bathroom ni grin grin grin
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by ArcGibson(m): 11:22am On Jul 17, 2017
tymicjay77:
From the drawing,the ground floor d entrance 2 d living room is too open,exposing d room n d living to immediate visitor.also no laterall ventilation in d living room.try adjust d lobby to bent so d room door wil nt be seen frm d living room entrance and if u can amend the entrance to av immediate lobby.the first floor has much errors,entrance frm a dinning area is nt good. If I am living in d 2nd floor n I AV a visitor while my family are avin meal doesn't speak well.whatpp me for more details 07069325148.

funny though u try to raise ur view
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by GistFullGround: 11:35am On Jul 17, 2017
AK6464:
Not every guest you'd want to enter your bedroom before accessing the rest room if need be

I dont think so,
Both rooms have their own Bathroom, look very well; they are ensuite
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by shumuel(m): 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
Cretaceous:
Hello Architects, Surveyors Builders and Engineers,

Good morning.

Kindly assist with reviewing the building plan attached to this post.

Dimension of the land: 37.6m (Length) x 9.25m (Width) - It's a long narrow half plot of land.

Kind critique these drawings and help me avoid any mistakes going forward.

Looking forward to your seeing your comments.

The Building Plan is good, concidering the available space, but..

Cc: Cretaceous ''Updated''

Ground Floor.

1. The W/C are wrongly placed on the Plan, it should be placed close to the North wall on the plan, both Toilets could share a chamber which would save cost, check the VT for que.

2. The main entrance should be backed with space of a feet.

3. An extra window should be added to the rooms close to the North wall for better ventilation, it's best & safe for rooms to have two windows.

4. The second window of the rooms at south wing on the plan is too close to the doors, windows should be placed in the middle or a bit close to the edges of the walls, even if you want to place two windows on that wall, its still too close to the door.

Upper/First Floor

1. I would rather move the Kitchen & Dinning to the left and move the Living room & TERR to the right, it would also reduce the stress for visitors, it's inappropraite for visitors to pass through the dinning before getting to the Living room, except there is space for lobby; inwhich visitors would sit in before being allowed to come in.

2. The placement of W/C in all Toilets should take que from the VT on Ground floor.

3. The second window of the rooms at south wing on the plan is too close to the doors, windows should be placed in the middle or a bit close to the edges of the walls, even if you want to place two windows on that wall, its still too close to the door.

You are most welcome
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2017
ArcGibson:
LET'S START FROM THE GROUNG FLOOR
1. I don't see any need for DINING on the ground floor. Reason being that it affects the flow to the lobby to the rooms.And since the size of the plot is the major restriction here.
2. The size of the Rooms seems to be small. It will be difficult for circulation once you put your bed but since it's going to be rented out and the plot of land is also the restriction. That one need also to be adressed but not really necessary.
3. The window backing the door in one of the rooms is not good enough. it should be move abit away from the door.
4. The other room that is not cross ventilated, your architect should try to use two windows each at the extreme end basically casement depending if it's not going to obstruct.
5. At the livingroom, the windows at the front ( dining area) could be aligned with the one at the back and be of the same size for utmost air flow.
6. Your window for the kitchen is so small. let it be wide. Heat that is being generated in the kitchen is always much.
7. Your architect should try to raise the building with the additional of a riser (step)
8. The position of the visitor toilet is ok just that its's very close to the kitchen which will not be used often. It's on very rare occassion.
9. A COVERING could be used over the doors (front and back) to each apartment but it's safe atleast since it is cantilever on the upper floor.
10. The half landing at the stairhall could as well be cantilever to move the whole stair back. It will give the stairhall circulation atleast.
11. At the LOBBY to the rooms, There could be window but a top level ones.longer in size but shorter. It can help the room that is not cross ventilated and as well enough lighting for the lobby.it will be opened on a rare occasion often during intense heat period.
12. It good for the rooms to be ensuit.

That's my take on ground floor. Now upper------
Thanks boss
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2017
jcmaiah:

This is a nice plan with good space management! However, I think the First floor needs to be adjusted such that the dinning area is the lounge while the lounge is the dinning area. To achieve this let the architect make the kitchen narrower than it is to increase the span of the Dinning, then the let of the kitchen now pushes in towards the lounge area leaving a space wide enough for the dinning.

Don't ever touch the room area, they are perfect!
Thanks boss
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2017
ArcGibson:
NOW UPPER FLOOR
1. Remove the DINING, it's obstructing the circulation.There is a conflict at the doors to each apartment at the full landing area. The entrance should have a little bit of reccess before you enter your apartment (once the dining is removed).And the door should be double leave door. 300mm X 900mm
2. Don't let the doors be obstructing the window as being said earlier at the room and the terrace. don't forget, two windows at the rooms that is not cross ventilated each at the extreme.
3. Remove the small wall that lead to the lobby at the visitor's toilet. It obstructing lighting. i can see a window at the lobby to the room, that's good. The door between a lobby to the visitor's toilet and the lobby to the rooms, a bit good though for privacy. God will not let us see fire incidence o. grin
4. Architect should not forget escape stair from the rear side at the kitchen at the upper floor. there is need for it as well. it could be a steel one for both apartment to be economical.though might not be used often but the architect should should see the one that can work maybe circular or straight one. Though might not necessary but it's important o. it can serve an the alternative to escape in case of fire incident.

My take.

An architect as well. Anyone can consult
Thank you, thank you
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
shumuel:

The Building Plan is good, concidering the available space, but..

1. The W/C are wrongly placed on the Plan, it should be placed close to the North wall on the plan, both Toilets could share a chamber which would save cost, check the VT for que.

2. The main entrance should be backed with space of a feet.

3. An extra window should be added to the rooms close to the North wall for better ventilation, it's best & safe for rooms to have two windows.
Thank you.
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
I have collated all the comments and forward to the architect. thanks guys once again
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by oladele007: 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hello, please what can i build on a full plot of Land 60 bye 120 ibeju lekki i intend to build 2story building of rooms and palours selfcontain,4nos per floor but my architect told me that they we not approve the plan that they only approve of 1story building of 2 or 3bedrooms of 2nos per floor and he gave me a quotation of #400,000 for architectural drawing, structural drawing, mechanical drawing&technical drawing, please house are they true?
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by princechigzy(m): 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
For want of space, These are my suggestion to your architect:

A. Since the Kitchen at both apartments aren't opened to the stairway for escape route, it will be needful to relocate it in the place of the living room and the living room same. Firstly, the living is accessed directly by visitors and not the kitchen first and in the advent of a fire or burglary, there won't be inhibition to escape and call for help.

B. For the room with no cross ventilation, its preferable to duplicate the windows so as to create a whirlwind ventilation system rather than a single window vent.

C. The Visitors Toilet is rightly placed at the ground floor and at the first floor. A little recess of the wall protruding at the side of the Visitors toilet on the first floor.

D. Guess it was an omission, it would be necessary a stairway measuring 750mm be added at the rear side of the building from the kitchen, to create a complete second exist for each apartment.

Your Architect did a good job as well in managing the little space available.

Well done.
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2017
Every flat should have a storage compartment. If you lived in the house, you would want a storage compartment for extra things you do not need immediately, a balcony too is also good, would increase rent price
Cretaceous:

Good morning.

Dimension of the land: 37.6m (Length) x 9.25m (Width) - It's a long narrow half plot of land.

pls by the way, how much are you estimating would complete this structure from foundation to roofing.
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Every flat should have a storage compartment. If you lived in the house, you would want a storage compartment for extra things you do not need immediately

I understand, but I don't think the plot can still accommodate a storage space. It's so narrow..
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
princechigzy:
For want of space, These are my suggestion to your architect:

A. Since the Kitchen at both apartments aren't opened to the stairway for escape route, it will be needful to relocate it in the place of the living room and the living room same. Firstly, the living is accessed directly by visitors and not the kitchen first and in the advent of a fire or burglary, there won't be inhibition to escape and call for help.

B. For the room with no cross ventilation, its preferable to duplicate the windows so as to create a whirlwind ventilation system rather than a single window vent.

C. The Visitors Toilet is rightly placed at the ground floor and at the first floor. A little recess of the wall protruding at the side of the Visitors toilet on the first floor.

D. Guess it was an omission, it would be necessary a stairway measuring 750mm be added at the rear side of the building from the kitchen, to create a complete second exist for each apartment.

Your Architect did a good job as well in managing the little space available.

Well done.

Thank you boss
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by emmabest2000(m): 1:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
Cretaceous:

Good morning.

Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by arcahmad(m): 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
oladele007:
Hello, please what can i build on a full plot of Land 60 bye 120 ibeju lekki i intend to build 2story building of rooms and palours selfcontain,4nos per floor but my architect told me that they we not approve the plan that they only approve of 1story building of 2 or 3bedrooms of 2nos per floor and he gave me a quotation of #400,000 for architectural drawing, structural drawing, mechanical drawing&technical drawing, please house are they true?
it depends on the building code of that particular area.
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by eseaigbe(f): 3:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
Contact 08089890514 for professional building and designs
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by Horlardorjah(m): 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2017
Cretaceous:

Additional details sir:

Two cars at the front
Cars can also line up at the sides
As many as possible not counted yet

Setback for the front is 6m

At one of the sides its 1m

While the other side is 2.5m

so far, with the setback u just typed here. in some part of Lagos, its allowed. the 2.5m will be difficult to accommodate a car comfortably, 3m will have been solid nevertheless the design is cool except for the v.t at the upper floor n the ventilation of the first bedroom on both floors.
cheers
Re: Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions by suteco16: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2017
Have u sent this design to Facebook, instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc.? Nairaland is not enough!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Houses You Will See Only In Lagos (Photos) / Fire Guts Club Medusa In Osogbo, Osun (Photos) / I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.