Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon (43087 Views)

My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service / Benson Idahosa Boasts Of Raising The Dead (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Neozy(m): 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2017
geoworldedu:
Lol...
He is boasting of your tithes and offerings
you are wrong sir/ma. Is the congregations tithe and offering that sent him to school till he got phd or is it tithe and offering thatmade one of his children to have first class and the other 9A's? Definitely not! Pls try and be logical and don't judge based on sentiment.
Back to the op. As a christian, the pastor is not perfect and shouldn't be your role model. Your role model MUST be Jesus. The pastor is also human. From the way you described your pastor, I concluded that he's a perfectionist.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Siscooh: 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i]
And so you brought it to the council of elders here @Nairaland for prayers? Kingdom things belong to the Kingdom noor?
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Siscooh: 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
I don't need any antibiotics for faulting a man of God. I have not come to ridicule anybody but to make other Christians to be very careful of acclaimed men of God of today

The truth of the matter is that, until we start bringing men of God with questionable dispositions to justice, part of Nigeria problems would solved
To this forum Tosyne2? Have you had an encounter ? I am surprised you brought it here.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
Topgainer:

tosyne2much
Plz permit me to reply the Mr grammer once again.
I thought he was an English teacher I can learn a thing or two from until I went through his posts. My verdict is that this Themandator is not an advanced English Student as he may want everybody on this forum to believe. There is nothing special about his use of English as his posts in many other subjects on this forum are replete with errors be it typographical as he will soon come to make of it and structural, he is error prone. But the more dangerous error is his defence of the IMF -wanna --be alternative gospel peddlers. I think that was the genesis of his diversionary games.
That one get sense at all? cheesy

Back to the topic, I still don't know why people always think that it's absolutely impossible to know more than a pastor or a person that has a higher degree

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
Siscooh:
To this forum Tosyne2? Have you had an encounter ? I am surprised you brought it here.
Don't be surprised bro
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2017
stancydg:

I am so relieved with this comment because I have really been wondering why anyone who proclaims to love God will do anything against His Church. I have maintained in my replies to several social media evangelists, who think bringing the Church to the court of public opinion is equal to doing God service, to read James 5:16. Our Lord Jesus said, I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against her and He has been doing that for over 2000years now successfully, before any of the town criers were born. What makes these self appointed criers think their services are needed is what bothers me or are they really members of the gates of ...?

Come to think of it, the church survived before you were born. What makes you think she won't survive despite you or even after you are gone?

Please note, every time you make a statement against the church of God, in the form of criticisms of M.O.G's publicly, even if they have behaved badly, you are weakening some people's faith and might as well be working directly against the mandate you were handed. It indirectly puts you on the other side alongside the gates of ....you know what. It is written, that a time will come when those who persecute you will think they are doing God service.

If there is anything you have against the Church of God, sort it out in-house via the assistance of other objective leaders, mentors and authorities that exist, within the body. It doesn't look to me like the pastor in question is the G.O of the ministry, since its a student church.

Again, I am appalled by the several criticism here, despite a one sided reportage. Whatever happened to objectivity?

My 2cents.

So you are telling us not to think. To follow people like mumu because of what? So we should just encourage them to keep milking the poor ones dry and doing all sort of nonsense because of What?
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2017
400billionman:

The tithe is not meant only for Pastors.

Tithe is meant for the priests, needy, sick, orphan, widows and strangers. Read Deuteronomy 26:12

I don't know the kind of orthodoxy you people practice. Pulpit orthodoxy.

Okay, if its not my tithe, it is pastor's tithe abi ?

For your mind, that Malachi is the only passage that speaks of tithe because your pastor uses it often because it favours him.

Read also Matthew 23:23

Tithe itself was for when priests and pastors don't do any other work apart from preaching. But Jesus canceled that, even Paul said he works for his money as a tent maker. I don't pay shi-shi. I use the money and give the poor. How can these people be using the name of God like this. Rather help the poor than a rich man to build more universities that a poor man pikin won't go.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by larrybee2017(f): 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
I have not brought him here to ridicule him but to make other Christians to be very careful of the sermon they digest

Anyway, I faced hell while we were there and I'm glad I have left there for good
I must confess to you, the only one who need to be careful here is you. Do you resent your pastor or just jealous of the fact that he make his testimony object of discussion in your church? I see nothing in your post except you bring the audio of the said sermon for me to listen to here on nairaland.
You need to change your perspective to life and issue and don't let other people's success make you loose focus. I'm sure you ain't the only one who hear that every Sunday but you just seem to be the only one bothered by it. Pray o my guy cause in this kingdom it is you and God and not your pastor.
Every point here to me makes no sense until you bring the audio of your church. The least you could have done is leave the church if you are not comfortable with his mode of preaching and go where you will be more comfortable and I'm sure that will be a testimony less church. Get a hold of yourself man and search your conscience. I know many blind fools will come and type trash her but my question to you is: have you truly met Jesus?
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by TDonald: 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
Another mumu post from one mumu OP undecided

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by GRACEGLORY: 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
Op, he isn't saying all that to oppress nor boast... but telling y'all wha you stand to benefit by your dedication
To the Kingdom of GOD, by walking up rightly.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by VickyRotex(f): 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2017
enemyofprogress:
That one na pastor?Sidon there dey call the agent of devil your pastor.

Vickyrotex abeg come help me scrub my back, I dey for bathroom kiss

I resemble, eleko1? angry angry angry
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by 2ts: 11:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hush puppy pastor
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Respect55(m): 12:01am On Aug 01, 2017
Benita27:
Tosyne, it's outright childishness to bring your pastor here to be criticised. I doubt if some of you read your bibles very well. I wouldn't be in such a church for any reason 'cause it's obvious the man derives joy in bragging and the bible also said "By their fruits, ye shall know them". I guess you're already convinced he isn't doing it right, so why are you still worshipping in the church?.
Did u just wake up from sleep?
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 01, 2017
Y'all are to blame. Why wont he boast when most Nigerians worship their Pastors?
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by gemale(m): 12:57am On Aug 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
You nailed it bro

I don't think there's any reason to justify why the head of a church could possess those disgusting traits
He didn't justify IMO. He's just trying to say that the pastor is also a man hence, he isn't perfect. We need to stop looking unto men of God & start looking unto God. Cursed is any man who leans on the arm of flesh. The little time i've spent in my walk with God has shown me how imperfect & weak i am hence how can i judge another human being? The Op should have tried calling the man aside & telling him respectfully what he has observed. Who knows if God would have used him to call the man to order? If not, at least he would have done his part.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by naijacentric(m): 1:45am On Aug 01, 2017
Nutase:
You might actually be suffering from low self esteem? Work on yourself.
mumu did u read d post well!

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by cy4cent(f): 2:33am On Aug 01, 2017
It is a personality disorder called narcissism.
Being a pastor will not make it disappear it has to be worked on.

Everything is around and about them, they want you to see how successful they are, how they are better than you. They compete with you for no reason. They want you to worship them, if you fail to do so they can result to slander.
They like people that massage their ego, it is called narcissist supply.
Nobody's clothes or shoes should be better than theirs, they can't afford to loose their shine to someone.
They always want to be the center of attraction.

They can almost make you go mad with their control, they reduce your self esteem cos they don't deal with people of same level they prefer lower class of people that can give them their narcissistic supply.
Pls run from them, they can drain you of every good thing just for you to be below them so they can have control. You never do anything right with narcissists, it is constant comparison, derogatory statements and destructive criticisms.

Run from narcissist as fast and far as your legs can carry you.

You can check characteristics of a narcissist on Google. Your write up reeks of their characteristics from beginning to the end, you are always walking on eggshells and uncomfortable around them.
Unfortunately, personality disorder is not being researched in Nigeria.
Nb/ narcissism is more common among men and can turn their wives to nutcases.

Let me stop here before I write a book, Lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Holyrule(m): 2:36am On Aug 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i]
You failed to mention name of the Church, location and name of pastor. Would like to see and hear for myself
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by ddeola: 2:43am On Aug 01, 2017
kontinuu...
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 3:59am On Aug 01, 2017
Most of these pastors are fake. They are just regular people who decided to go into the ministry to make money. Listen to them at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by 400billionman: 4:10am On Aug 01, 2017
davo90tico:

why don't u open ur own church since u speak about pastors like they r crap

I respect all pastors..
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Mpamaegbu: 4:21am On Aug 01, 2017
madridguy:
Piort to Catholic or Jehovah Witness.

Catholic wey nor even dey read Bible? Na Pope be their own bible...(Quote me negatively here and receive sense).

That was how a friend's cousin mistakenly took his dictionary to church one morning and never knew it was a dictionary. She didn't even find out until she came back home. We had looked for the dictionary that morning while she was gone because we wanted to sort some grammar out until she came back. It was really hilarious that morning.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by OSCAMO: 5:18am On Aug 01, 2017
{O ye who believe! there are indeed many among the priests and anchorites, who in Falsehood devour the substance of men and hinder (them) from the way of Allah. And there are those who bury gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah: announce unto them a most grievous penalty} Al Qur'an 09:34

I welcome each & everyone of you to the true religion of Islam; Light upon Light!

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by OSCAMO: 5:20am On Aug 01, 2017
xtivin:

Am not defending the pastor or against him. But bros as a Christian let's not bring out our leaders to public to be crucified, it has great consequences. Now this topic is on FP because that's the type of things people against the faith love to hear, people that want to grow in the faith may backslide seeing this which is bad for you and the kingdom of God. One love sir

If the ''faith'' is wrong then it's wrong. You cannot force yourself to believe in lies!
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Themandator: 6:16am On Aug 01, 2017
Arondizuogu:

What are you talking about. This is why Nigeria will remain stagnant. Who told you everyone needs a pastor over his life? Oh My God, Do you read the Bible? You don't need no pastor over your life. The race to heaven is about You, You, and You!! What your pastor will do is to sow the seed in you. That's why Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to guide us and teach us, not pastor.

Soulish thought ... Read Jeremiah 3:15 ...... John 21:17 ..... Acts 8:31

Jesus Christ wouldn't be caught telling Peter that he would build his church around him

Everyone is not called to be a pastor but every one is ordained to have a Spiritual leader

If you have ever heard from the Holy spirit in the subject matter he would have referred you to the scripture but a man saturated with free spirit as you can't be led so he won't teach that.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Themandator: 6:31am On Aug 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
That one get sense at all? cheesy

Back to the topic, I still don't know why people always think that it's absolutely impossible to know more than a pastor or a person that has a higher degree

The kingdom of God is not in words but power.... If you know better you will represent the kingdom better.

My dear, God is not a waster of resources and therefore wouldn't put you under a man you know better than as your shepherd ... Only your pride has told you that you are better not the spirit of God
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Themandator: 6:36am On Aug 01, 2017
Topgainer:

tosyne2much
Plz permit me to reply the Mr grammer once again.
I thought he was an English teacher I can learn a thing or two from until I went through his posts. My verdict is that this Themandator is not an advanced English Student as he may want everybody on this forum to believe. There is nothing special about his use of English as his posts in many other subjects on this forum are replete with errors be it typographical as he will soon come to make of it or structural, he is error prone. But the more dangerous error is his defence of the IMF -wanna --be alternative gospel peddlers. I think that was the genesis of his diversionary games.

There is a difference between typographical or structural error and a silly attempt at organising a naming ceremony on nairaland for a disoriented thought from one suffering complex problem
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by oshaosha2014(m): 6:44am On Aug 01, 2017
They are PhD like.
BleSSedMee:
That Pastor needs Jesus asap.
Those traits up there are not Christlike at all .
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by oshaosha2014(m): 6:48am On Aug 01, 2017
Na that PhD dey worry am.
tosyne2much:
We just had to endure everything since we were EXCO members. Up till now, he has never for once called any of us because he sees us as mediocres

My brother, things are happening in the church of God these days
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Boss13: 6:51am On Aug 01, 2017
Benita27:
So you don't go to church 'cause you came to this world alone?.

Is it a sin not to go to church? Any compulsion attached to such activity?

Do we really seek righteousness or attention? I think it's more of the later. A blind cannot lead the blind
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 01, 2017
Topgainer:
It is called Psychological workup. I think it was introduced to Nigeria by Archbishop Benson Idahosa and his proteges use the same to force their followers to fall in line.
It is simple method but works largely on people who are enticed by association of money otherwise called prosperity to godliness. It is exactly the method that the Bishop who prophesied he will become richer than Paris club, IMF or World bank while counting on his sheeples to make that happen is using. Some persons actually like those few minutes they are worked up into believing they too can boast of money, traveling from one big city to another, owning estates and building massive structures, just by sowing seed to the Bishop and helping the Bishop boast more.

Another Nigerian displaying the raw God given gift of insight.
Re: My Pastor Always Boasts Of His Wealth And Accomplishments During Every Sermon by SalamRushdie: 7:37am On Aug 01, 2017
I still don't understand who exactly a pastor is and whole Nigerians that anybody that calls himself pastor out of the Blues is speaking on behalf of God ..People shine Ur eyes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions / The Fight Against Self-servicing, Lust And Sex.ual Immorality / Shiite Members Storm Church In Jos, Celebrate Pastor's 50th Birthday With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.