Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken (21022 Views)

FRESH 9JA FARM FROZEN CHICKEN / Carton Of A Frozen Chicken / I Need Advice On Starting A Frozen Chicken Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by rokkies2001: 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
You can start your business with your 2 freezer in as much as you have good source of electricity and you expand from there.
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by ajasielpartner: 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
AVAILABLE :PROCESSED/ DRESSED/ FROZEN CHICKEN

Contact for supply in large quantities.

CUT 4, Gizzard, Liver, Neck, Heart, Head and Neck
Minimum weight after dressing, 1.3kg- 2kg

Please call to order; 07064844275

Very affordable price
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by rokkies2001: 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
where are you located?
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by olagabriel26: 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2020
We have quail eggs and meat(Mr. Quozze) for sale.

Quail meat are lean meat and very healthy for consumption if you are are elderly or stills child . Low fat and good for the health.
Book for your at Olafarms 07030790122, 08134859186 or 08157783822. A taste will convince you..
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by ajasielpartner: 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2021
AVAILABLE :PROCESSED/ DRESSED/ FROZEN CHICKEN

Contact for supply in large quantities.

CUT 4, Gizzard, Liver, Neck, Heart, Head and Neck
Minimum weight after dressing, 1.3kg- 2kg

Please call to order; 09049155746, 081676799274

Very affordable price
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by Titustallman(m): 4:36am On Mar 28, 2021
Hi guys... My questions is... Can i start this business without Nafdac?
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by Ade4all080(m): 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2021
Titustallman:
Hi guys... My questions is... Can i start this business without Nafdac?
Yes you can
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by LordHiffy(m): 9:04pm On Jun 24, 2021
Nice thread guys.
I'm thinking about starting this in my area on a very small retailing scale. I already have a 2.5kva gen for standby and thinking about buying just one 319litre thermocool inverter freezer for just chicken and turkey for a start since there's roasted and fresh fish sellers at every corner in this area and not one poultry shop

1. Is this plan workable or it'll be a waste of time??
I need honest opinions

2. If it's a waste of time kindly explain how I can improve (but still on a small scale) as my finances are in other businesses

3. If it's workable how do I source poultry in abuja?? (Zartech, kado frozen food markets or local farmers)?
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by Tmex(m): 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
LordHiffy:
Nice thread guys.
I'm thinking about starting this in my area on a very small retailing scale. I already have a 2.5kva gen for standby and thinking about buying just one 319litre thermocool inverter freezer for just chicken and turkey for a start since there's roasted and fresh fish sellers at every corner in this area and not one poultry shop

1. Is this plan workable or it'll be a waste of time??
I need honest opinions

2. If it's a waste of time kindly explain how I can improve (but still on a small scale) as my finances are in other businesses

3. If it's workable how do I source poultry in abuja?? (Zartech, kado
frozen food markets or local farmers)?
Pls have a rethink
Ask yourself this questions
(1) Do you have demand in your area
(2) What is the current price of a kg of chicken in your desired area?
(3) How constant is power in your area
(4) Can you sell at normal price considering that there may not be power and you will be needing energy to keep your goods fresh which ultimately may have effect on your pricing system
(5) whats your product source.

The truth is i have done this in the past. Im not discouraging you as much as we may not have the same market but i tell you except you are operating
In a bigger scale, it could be frustrating.
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by LordHiffy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
Tmex:

Pls have a rethink
Ask yourself this questions
(1) Do you have demand in your area
(2) What is the current price of a kg of chicken in your desired area?
(3) How constant is power in your area
(4) Can you sell at normal price considering that there may not be power and you will be needing energy to keep your goods fresh which ultimately may have effect on your pricing system
(5) whats your product source.

The truth is i have done this in the past. Im not discouraging you as much as we may not have the same market but i tell you except you are operating
In a bigger scale, it could be frustrating.
Thank you for your input
To answer your questions
1. There's currently no frozen food for about 2km radius so even if people want to buy, it's not available in my area. This is not to say the demand is currently high but it may be feasible.
2. The price is currently 2000-2500 depending on type
3. Power is actually bad but I've made provisions for that which I think may work out( I'm sharing the power with another small business of mine within thesame premises so the burden of fuel won't be solely on one business)
4. Due to the far distance to the closest frozen food store people may not mind if there's 100 difference in price of goods ( speculation)
5. No product source yet. I'm still in the market looking for better alternatives to local farmers around. The wholesale market is a bit far from my venue (about 2k transport)
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by Tmex(m): 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
LordHiffy:
Thank you for your input
To answer your questions
1. There's currently no frozen food for about 2km radius so even if people want to buy, it's not available in my area. This is not to say the demand is currently high but it may be feasible.
2. The price is currently 2000-2500 depending on type
3. Power is actually bad but I've made provisions for that which I think may work out( I'm sharing the power with another small business of mine within thesame premises so the burden of fuel won't be solely on one business)
4. Due to the far distance to the closest frozen food store people may not mind if there's 100 difference in price of goods ( speculation)
5. No product source yet. I'm still in the market looking for better alternatives to local farmers around. The wholesale market is a bit far from my venue (about 2k transport)
You may need to do a feasibility study to ascertain profitability.
On the other hand if you already have some of the main inventories like freezer and means of power you may try but on a small scale then from there you can make your decisions.
Goodluck.
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by Henryimoter(m): 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
Buy with us today call or WhatsApp 07069670428
Orange
Mango
Plantains
Ogbono
Guava
Moringa
Tick
Cashew
Coconut

Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by LordHiffy(m): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2021
Tmex:

You may need to do a feasibility study to ascertain profitability.
On the other hand if you already have some of the main inventories like freezer and means of power you may try but on a small scale then from there you can make your decisions.
Goodluck.
Yes, I totally understand the risk involved hence I'm not putting so much finances into it. To be honest my current business is a stand-alone one which I mostly use generator for. I just thought about frozen food to help augment fuel expenses.

Since you have experience in this field can you please help me with these concerns
1. Is there a way to store fish alongside poultry products in thesame freezer in such a way that will minimise contamination or fishy smells?? I'm thinking about sealed plastics
2. Buying products from the wholesale store or buying direct from poultry farm; which option is wiser ??
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by Tmex(m): 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
LordHiffy:
Yes, I totally understand the risk involved hence I'm not putting so much finances into it. To be honest my current business is a stand-alone one which I mostly use generator for. I just thought about frozen food to help augment fuel expenses.

Since you have experience in this field can you please help me with these concerns
1. Is there a way to store fish alongside poultry products in thesame freezer in such a way that will minimise contamination or fishy smells?? I'm thinking about sealed plastics
2. Buying products from the wholesale store or buying direct from poultry farm; which option is wiser ??
(1)You can kinda partition your freezer such that they dont mix up.
(2)It depends on your target market but i tell you for free that buying from farmers to reasonable extent guarantees quality but could be more expensive than buying from the wholesaler because most of these wholesalers sells contraband and as such could be a little cheaper and less i forget buying the contraband/ imported chicken seems to have a much longer shelf life due to preservatives they are carrying already.so selling chiclen from farmers will require powerng from time to time to prevent deterioration .
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by LordHiffy(m): 10:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Tmex:

(1)You can kinda partition your freezer such that they dont mix up.
(2)It depends on your target market but i tell you for free that buying from farmers to reasonable extent guarantees quality but could be more expensive than buying from the wholesaler because most of these wholesalers sells contraband and as such could be a little cheaper and less i forget buying the contraband/ imported chicken seems to have a much longer shelf life due to preservatives they are carrying already.so selling chiclen from farmers will require powerng from time to time to prevent deterioration .
Thank you very much for your input
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by ajasielpartner: 1:22am On Aug 21, 2021
Ibadan Nigeria
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by ajasielpartner: 1:23am On Aug 21, 2021
Ibadan, Oyo State
rokkies2001:
where are you located?
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by ajasielpartner: 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ibadan
rokkies2001:
where are you located?
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by Waffarianman(m): 10:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
profkachi:
Happy Sunday to you my Admin & fellow agric enthusiasts!
I am planning on erecting an extensive poultry farm meant specifically for meat production. As such, I'll need to create my own carton brand and also acquire some specialize processing machines.
Now, I need advice on:
1. What processing machines are we
really talking about here to start off a semi large poultry meat processing farm?
2. I want to know the exact parts of a chicken to be packaged separately, and their corresponding numbers in a carton.
Thank you in anticipation... You're blessed!

If you need a worker lemme know. I need any job right now
Re: Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken by ajasielpartner: 3:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ibadan
rokkies2001:
where are you located?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Your Nafdac Registration Number In 3months / 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony / Unrefined And Refined Sheabutter For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.