Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,792 members, 7,862,622 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication (572 Views)

Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government / Masked Ben Bruce: This Is How We Are Living In US, I Can't Wait To Return / Khadija Ibrahim Resigns As Foreign Affairs Minister For State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by Lukgaf(m): 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2017
I’m Not Stingy; I Just Won’t Steal To Satisfy Anybody...........
The communications minister, Barrister Adebayo Shittu, has thrown a bombshell at those who have been complaining that he does not spend generously.
Shittu, who was a guest at the Okeogun Youth Summit which took place in Iseyin, advised people against comparing him with former minister of state for federal capital territory, Oloye Jumoke Akinjide, who is his immediate predecessor from Oyo State.
Akinjide is being tried by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for an alleged corruption case.
Making a veil reply to remarks by the Aseyin of Iseyin, Oba AbdulGaniyu Salau, explained that he cannot be spending like Ms Jumoke Akinjide “because I don’t get money the way she got it when she was a minister in the past administration. You all know how the past government squandered government resources.”
Oba Salawu was said to have made a veil reference to some activities of the minister, assuring that he knows that a son of Okeogun would be the next governor of Oyo State but not a stingy person.
While giving his keynote address, Shittu said: “You can see what Akinjide is passing through now, I don’t want to end mine like that too, I won’t steal any money to satisfy people’s yearning but I will continue to try my best to serve humanity.”
“Those who say I am not generous have missed it; I am not stingy, I am doing my best and I will not steal to please people”
“Since I became minister, I have been assisting people in so many ways; sponsoring scholarships sinking boreholes and offsetting medical bills and I will continue to do more,” he added.

source: http://insideoyo.com/2905-2/

Re: I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by Lukgaf(m): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2017
yes, we like that do not steal to satisfy people;

@lalasticlala,
OAM4J ,

Mynd44
your say on this?
Re: I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by CoolFreeday(m): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
nice one Mr. minister

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by Baawaa(m): 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2017
For those that are lazy, that is their slogans,is laziness that will make you call your fellow human-being stingy person
Re: I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by Lukgaf(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
Baawaa:
For those that are lazy, that is their slogans

you are not true... Nigerians hate truth
Re: I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by maclatunji: 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2017
I agree with the minister. The fact that you are in government does not mean you have money. Nigerians should stop encouraging government officials to steal just to satisfy their unrealistic lifestyle.

Earn what you spend and spend what you earn.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by Baawaa(m): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
Lukgaf:

you are not true... Nigerians hate truth
Is laziness that will make you call your friend stingy person
Re: I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by ChangetheChange: 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2017
grin grin

Thunder fire u this Jihadist minister from osun state
Re: I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by juman(m): 5:12pm On Jul 16, 2017
I think this government is better than pdp on anti corruption.
Re: I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by Lukgaf(m): 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2017
I think this should in FTC @lalasticlala
Re: I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by Lukgaf(m): 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
ChangetheChange:
grin grin

for your information, he is from oyo not Osun.
how is it jihadist?
Re: I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by oladeebo: 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2017
juman:
I think this government is better than pdp on anti corruption.

far more better, have you ever seen olepate like in the past where illgotten wealth celebrated?
Doing such a job in a country like Nigeria is extra ordinary!
Although Buhari is paying the price now but God will safe him.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by oladeebo: 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2017
ChangetheChange:
grin grin

take your stupid to else where!
ok!
Re: I'm Not Stingy But I Can't Steal To Satisfy Anybody- Minister For Communication by oladeebo: 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
Lukgaf:

for your information, he is from oyo not Osun.

how is it jihadist?
leave him, he lack home training.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Taraba Gov: I Will Rather Sacrifice Myself Than Lose More Citizens / PDP Leaders Meet, Vow To Rebuild Party / Fani-kayode: Photo Showing Oyegun, Governors Fake, Taken In Abuja Long Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.