Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof - Politics (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (308846 Views)

Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Buhari's Claims That He Handled Dapchi Better Than Chibok is False - See Proof / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by raker300: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2017
deomelo:

No be me talk am o...

grin grin grin
when next you buy a pharmaceutical product that is made in nigeria, check the company name and Google it...

Save yourself and tribesmen the ignorance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by oyewale1234(m): 5:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
ROCKET PRIME COOPERATIVE MULTIPURPOSE SOCIETY LTD.PLEASE KINDLY CHECK OUR BASICS INCLUDE AND OUR PRODUCTS OR VISIT www.rocketprime.org CALL 08167353405 FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by raker300: 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2017
Dr. Poly I. Emenike: Neros pharmaceuticals plc

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by raker300: 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
Kennedy izunwa: pharmaplus ceo

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by Osucoward: 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
raker300:
Kennedy izunwa: pharmaplus ceo

Stop posting pictures of Ibo terrorists

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by raker300: 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2017
Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu: ceo society for family health

http://www.ncdc.gov.ng/ceo

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by raker300: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2017
Osucoward:

Stop posting pictures of Ibo terrorists
those are pakistanis that he does business with.

If these guys come and insult you now, you'll call them racists

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by Osucoward: 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
raker300:
those are pakistanis that he does business with.

If these guys come and insult you now, you'll call them racists

Pakistani have no business with IBo terrorists

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by raker300: 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
Osucoward:

Pakistani have no business with IBo terrorists
if I start insulting your tribe now, you'll be the first to run to the mods.

Cos na una dey like to first find trouble, if they come for una now na you go begin to dey cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by raker300: 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
Onyinye Carter: mud cosmetics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by deomelo: 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
[s]
raker300:
when next you buy a pharmaceutical product that is made in nigeria, check the company name and Google it...

Save yourself and tribesmen the ignorance
[/s]

I don't do dangerous and deadly fake and made in aba rubbish. There are tons of credible drug manufacturers in Nigeria and they are not in aba or anywhere close to your village.

grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by raker300: 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

I don't do dangerous and deadly fake and made in aba rubbish. There are tons of credible drug manufacturers in Nigeria and they are not in aba or anywhere close to your village.

pained Afonja

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by hilroy: 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2017
raker300:
Onyinye Carter: mud cosmetics

Mud cosmetics

What about potopoto cosmetics?

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by beberebe: 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2017
raker300:
pained Afonja

please I have always been banned whenever I try to post on this forum.,.....what is happening?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by beberebe: 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2017
Please somebody should check on ECHENDU oil and gas,......the tribalistic mods have refused me to post on this thread
Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by beberebe: 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
I have a lot of tons to post here but I have been banned severally when I try posting here and my thread deleted

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by uglyafonja: 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
A young Nigerian/British Engineer, trained in the United Kingdom, Echendu Ndubuisi Endy, is making huge inroads in the UK’s offshore oil and gas industry, through the provision of logistics and other services to the industry.
At age 32, a small company (Echendu Oil and Gas Limited) he started in the UK in 2009; has grown into a multibillion dollar conglomerate, and expanded to three other countries, namely USA, Norway and Ireland.
But Echendu Ndubuisi Endy, has now turned his attention to Africa, and is currently setting up a branch of the company in his home country Nigeria, and also in Ghana, specifically in Takoradi.
With his oil company employing about 300 people including expatriates, the young businessman also employs about sixty-five people in other businesses he owns.​echendu-ndubuisi-endy
In the UK, Echendu Ndubuisi Endy owns a huge supermarket and apartments. In Nigeria he owns several houses and hostels that generate huge income for him.
In Ghana, Echendu, who appears very calm and rarely talks about his wealth, owns warehouses in Tema, Takoradi and Tarkwa, as well as houses and other landed properties.
About Engr Echendu
Echendu Ndubuisi Endy was born on 28th of october1985. People call him Engr Echendu due to his profession and luxury lifestyle.
He is the son of Ex Gen Echendu, who is a Nigerian retired army General. Echendu Ndubuisi Endy, the 7th out of ten children, grew up partly in Rivers and the eastern part of London where he had a very sound basic education.
He loved the Engineering course as a result of his father’s influence and background, but being a stickler for professionalism he decided to study the course first which took him to the prestigious University of (UCL) University College London where he bagged a B.sc degree in chemical engineering in 2007. He proceeded to do his masters in Brunel University London in the year 2010.
Working life
In his own words, he started gradually, and did not have much in his early life, but he believed so much in making it in life.
“I often struggled to make ends meet and even to set up a capital was a financial problem for him.”
He said he managed to turn around his life with a £100 thousand pounds capital which provided him a path to the better future.
Engr Echendu said he was inspired by his mother Mrs Echendu Princess Eukeria’s advice to believe in whatever he does in life. Engr Echendu told citifmonline.com his dream is to create more jobs for many young people.
“My motivation key is my hard work. The most important person who has inspired me is my mother, and also where I started from and where I am heading to. My greatest desire is to help the youth in the world by creating job opportunities.”
“I started business at age 24 with savings I made from hard work. In fact, as far back as primary school, I showed interest in business. I can remember when I was in primary school, I would go and buy Aeroplane toys, and I would start using them just to make money. I was so interested in business even at that time.”

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by uglyafonja: 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2017
I have tried to measure the contribution of Igbos to the development of the Nigerian project and the conclusion I have reached is that Nigeria must do everything possible to get the Igbos to remain within the Nigerian union. They (Igbos) have contributed unprecedentedly to the development of the country in every sector. They are an exceptional nationality, comprising ‘born’ entrepreneurs, industrialists, academics, adventurists, etc. A Nigeria without this set of people and their drive for economic success might be boring and uninteresting.
In terms of their industrial spirit, the Igbo are probably the only nationality that has built several industrial estates across Nigeria. In 1997, an Igbo engineer, Ezekiel Izuogu, produced Nigeria’s first indigenous prototype car in Imo State. Africa was excited by his ingenuity. However, due to financial constraints and dirty Nigerian politics, the Izuogu Z-600 model could not hit the Nigerian market as a mass produced car. His workshop was later vandalised and his efforts destroyed. The dream died.
Few decades later, another Igbo, Innocent Chukwuma, has launched Innoson cars, making him the first indigenous car producer in and from Nigeria. Anambra and Enugu states alone have over six indigenous estates. By indigenous, I mean industrial estates built by indigenes, and with little or no government support. Nigeria’s first indigenous car is made in one of those estates – in Nnewi precisely.
The industrial estates are hosts to several other indigenous manufacturing companies, including one of the biggest plastic manufacturing plants in Africa.
One would be pleasantly surprised to see what the Igbos are producing in their industrial estates. It will not be wrong to say that Igbos are driving the indigenous manufacturing sector of the Nigerian economy with little or no government support. The first indigenous Nigerian company to produce an internationally certified brand of computers, Zinox, is Igbo, by the name, Stanley Nnamdi Ekeh from Imo State. The Igbos dominate the electronics market and have built a series of ‘computer villages’ across the country. Nigeria’s leading pharmaceutical companies – Emzor, Juhel, Orange, Rico, etc. – are Igbo owned.
Anabel Mobile, the first indigenous Nigerian phone manufacturer, is also Igbo owned. There are several industrial breakthroughs the Igbos have made in Nigeria than I can presently count.
On the level of trade and retail businesses, Igbos are the most successful traders and retailers in Nigeria, and possibly around the world. Across every Nigerian city, they do not only control the major retail markets, but they equally dominate small and medium scale industries, and are synonymous with the description of being ‘importers’.
Their natural inclination towards economic activities has driven them across the globe in search of opportunities. There is hardly a country in the world where you don’t find an Igbo man doing one legitimate or illegitimate form of business. The Igbos have proven to the rest of Nigeria beyond reasonable doubt that they are not lazy people.
In literature, the father of modern African Literature is an Igbo man by the name Chinua Achebe. His work, Things Fall Apart has remained one of Africa’s most read book, which brought international attention to Nigerian literature. Chinua Achebe remains an inspiration to most African writers.
In politics, the Igbo are the only nationality to have successfully executed Nigeria’s first and only political revolution, with the subsequent military coups being merely revenge ploys and schemes for political power.
In 1966, a group of senior Igbo officers forcefully took over power and wiped out a set of corrupt politicians in a bloody putsch. While the Igbos laid the foundation for political revolutions in Nigeria, today they are demanding for an independent nation. The Igbos like to fight for what they believe in and they always do while damning the consequences of this.
The Igbos control a fair share of the oil and gas servicing industry in Nigeria. The biggest indigenous oil servicing contractor in Nigeria today is Igbo-owned. The first indigenous and independently (without any shred of government funding) owned gas power plant was built by an Igbo in Aba – the Geometric Power Limited.
From haulage to logistics, procurement to real estate, finance, sports, entertainment, manufacturing, engineering to medicine, science, etc., the Igbos have been making Nigeria proud, locally and internationally. The Igbos might be arrogant and even exploitative in their quest for profits and expansionism, yet Nigeria can ill-afford to lose them from the union. They technically control the formal and informal sectors of Nigerian economy and they are everywhere making progress, with or without political patronage.
I was surprised to find out sometime last year that Igbos still engage in rural-riverine-onshore trading across the remotest villages of the Niger Delta. In this remote village near the Atlantic ocean in Bayelsa State which is only accessible through water and the air, these entrepreneurial Igbos have designed a floating market. They bring in their goods, dock their big boats once in two weeks, make sales and move to another village along that dangerous terrain – a business idea the indigenes of that area have never considered venturing into. The Igbos are definitely risk takers!
In this community where I have stayed for the past few months in Anambra State, the number of modern houses in this non-industrial, non-commercial small Igbo village is more than I have seen in all the oil communities I have visited in the Niger Delta put together. The Igbos are that successful and they always remember to invest in real estate in their home states.
The Igbo influence in the Roman Catholic Church worldwide is amazing. An Igbo, Cardinal Arinze, was once rumoured to become the first black Pope! The Igbos have a strong affinity with the Roman Catholic church and they have made a mark on the church globally.
Anyone who thinks the Igbos cannot survive as an independent nation might need to have a rethink., and it will be in the interest of Nigeria if they stay.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by Lloydfather(m): 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2017
prodigy24:
Just watch how afonja is rampaging all over the place masturbating on this thread, with useless memes, if we invade their useless thread now, they will say we are hating them. Bla bla bla ... Isaac just pronounced their brownie roof ghetto a DEAD zone. They won't say anything to him.
They are busy posting photoshoped photobomb blogging platform AKA cooperate Yahoo Yahoo. We are not disturbing them oooh. Now they are here shouting on what they know nothing about. For the record.
I want us to categorize this into different sectors....
1. Entertainment
2, ICT,
3. Pharmaceutical
4. Hospitality
5. Education
6 manufacturing
7. Transportation
8. Media
9. Fashion and art
10. Research and engineering.
11.retail/ wholesalers
12.haulage and logistics.
13. Sports
14. Real estate.
15.health

Etc..
Let's do a comparative analysis on these areas...
I saw you guys recycling dying Drug field, the only surviving pharmaceutical company belonging to Yoruba. You can not compare that nonsense with the parentral section of Juhel ,the only indigenous of its kind in Nigeria.. I laugh very hard...this people don't know what is hitting them..
You no longer compete with us in banking sector... Never in transportation haulage and logistics, commerce, both online and offline,
Not in pharmaceutical, not in sports,not in hospital not in manufacturing, not in invention etc.. You have an overwhelming edge in media, that's why you make so much noise.
You're now showing us cooperate yahoo yahoo platforms like jobberman etc...tell me who are more fraudulent than these platform.. I know how they use those useless platform to cover up their yahoo business. If Efcc are serious, they should contact me and i will reveal to them those criminals masqureding as entrepreneurial bloggers One was even showing push CV.com mennn I'm tired of these leeches.. What has push CV done for the jobless populace apart from defrauding them? Don't you get me started, you have media at your beck and call that is why you use it to promote even the shoe makers and shirt printers.
I have a friend that has app that delivers gas to people that need them, but we don't show those things but here you are disturbing us with a person that design an app that delivers petrol.
I saw the Tolet. ng. Com a Norwegian cloned platform called Hybnel. No ,
I don't want to dig into your organised yahoo yahoo in Lagos. We know how you operate and use those platform as a cover.
Imagine some of them are even using the opportunity to push their business without advert payment lol. Let me educate you guys, these people come to Aba, with a design and would give them a design of their product, they will run back to Ibadan get a good photographer, photobomb and Photoshop the products put them on social media and lie about it. They should show us their respective workshops.
I think its time we start telling the Aba boys to charge them very well, for they are very ungrateful. They would do a pair of shoe say 1000, then go to Ibadan to sell it 5000k.
If you want to hear what I think,

I think,Yoruba have special skills in defrauding people their hard earned money by cooperative means, like churches where they rip off innocent people in the name of miracle, Babalawo, where human head are harvested in numbers, babaijebu,online gambling betting, ponzi scheme,Platform on how to make quick money, internet job hunts, insurance company scheme,pseudo yaho platform like jobberman, selling of magical melecine,they can sell baboon in place of monkey,and propaganda in media, any other thing na wash. These are the area they dominate. I challenge every afonja on this to prove me wrong. They are not capable of producing what will help humanity.
Often time we hear, Igbo push drugs,kidnapping etc, Igbo are learners, when it comes to crime, they started armed robbery in early 90s whereas shina Rambo,mufu oloshola Babatunde Folorunso, a notorious armed robber who terrorized Ibadan and environs in the late 1960s and early 70s along with Ishola aka baba lace ,Baba of ikorodu and Dr oyenusi ishiola, when you compare them with the most notorious Igbo robber, Derico who happens to be a 2000s crop of rubbers, you will know some people are Grand patron of arm robbery in Nigeria, but have been lying to the people using their media. What about drug barons? The CEO Camal construction, tinubu and wife, abiola,buruji etc are ancient of days group of drug lords,compare them with young igbo that started drug pushing in the early 2000s.kidnapping ,we all know about gbomo gbomo... They head hunt going on a daily basis. Correct me if I'm right, you have been the founder of platforms designed to rip people off their money. You will be at fore front in blackmailing or rubbishing other people, pray tell igbo people get hold to main stream media. They will deal with you mercilessly. It will be a case of Grand Exposé!!
I will advice u create new tread for this, u make alot of sence

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by Lloydfather(m): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
FKO81:

Aba is for Textiles, Cloths, Shoes etc Nnewi is known for Auto manufacturing, What are Yorubas know for There are thousands of Igbo youths making foots wears and clothing in commercial quantities they supplies to every nooks and crannies of this country and beyond, same with Nnewi, west African auto hub, Igbos dominate commerce in Afriaca they don't need need to stress themselves to market their products
I want to know what area of industries Yorubas dominate Igbos ??

Igbos own the most patents in science and technology in Africa, Igbo genius Cyprian Emeka Uzo he's over 300 patents more than any African dead or alive

Igbos are leading in Pharmaceutical and cosmetics Industries
Igbos are leading in IT industries

Igbos own two tyres & tube factories: general tyre and tube and Stanel tyre - Yorubas non

Igbos own three independent power plants constructed by indigenous company Geometric power Aba, Century power Okija ongoing and ETA-Zuma ongoin - Yorubas non

Four noodles industries: Tummy tummy noodles, Masters noodles, Chikki noodles, Zubix noodles - Yorubas one

Igbos own three tomato paste plants Erisco, Ekcel and Sonia- Yorubas non

Igbos own Coscharies rice mill, Ebony rice mill, Stine Rice mill biggest rice mill in Nigeria, Adada rice mill, Josagro rice mill, Pokobros rice mill etc- Yorubas one

Two cement industries Ibeto cement and international cement manufacturing

Igbos own battery manufacturing firms -Yorubas non

Igbos more than five fruit drink plants: Teragro Benfruit Juice, Piko juice, Geomix industries, Sonia, NICCUS-Yorubas two

Igbos own two baby diaper manufacturing firms Ngobros and NICCUS, -Yorubas non

Igbos own toys manufacturing plants- Yorubas non

Igbos own more than five cable and wire industries in Nigeria Cutix wire plc, Cometstar and Golies wire and cable Obosi Anambra state etc- Yorubas One

Igbos own three steel mills Zuma steel mill, Jamek steel mill, Hongxing steel mill Aba

Igbos two water storage tanks manufacturing industries Innoson group and master group- Yorubas non

Igbos own One and only vehicle manufacturing firm in Nigeria IVM Nnewi

Igbos owns
seven vehicles assembling plants in Nigeria

Richbon truck assembling plant Anambra

Eastern Vehicle Assembling Limited (EVAL) in Enugu.

Peace vehicle assembling plant Enugu

Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company, ANAMMCO Enugu

Jiangsu Joylong and MG brands Lakki by Coscharies group

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/04/coscharis-begins-work-55m-ckd-plant-lekki/

Ford assembling plant Ikeja by Coscharies group

The president of Coscharis Motors, Dr. Comas Maduka has described the production of Ford vehicles from its plant in Lagos as another milestone in the history of the company. As part of its ambitious expansion in Africa, Ford Motor Company assembled the first Ford Ranger in Nigeria last week

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/ford-plant-in-nigeria-another-milestone-for-coscharis-maduka/

Global motor assembling plant Lakki
LAGOS—Globe Motors, a leading auto mobile dealer in the country is set to boost Federal Government’s automotive policy from July when it rolls out first set of vehicles from its $150 million assembly plant in Lagos next month.

Chairman of Globe Motors Holdings, Mr. William Anumudu, who disclosed this in Lagos, yesterday, said the company was putting finishing touches to its assembly plant located at Lekki area, adding that the plant had a capacity for 40,000 cars on completion and would generate employment for 3,500 Nigerians. However, the plant will produce about 6,000 vehicles annually for a start, including passenger cars, pick-ups, high capacity buses and trucks. Anumudu added that another 10,000 jobs would be created indirectly as a result of the multiplier effect of the plant. According to him, the company will start with the production of Semi Knockdown parts, SKD, and later graduate to complete knock down parts, CKD, for Hyundai, Higer and Globe Motors brands. He further explained that the company would be assembling three brands of automobiles, including Hyundai (Korea), Higer (China) and its own brand, adding that the company had signed agreements with the Original Equipment Manufacturers, OEM, of these brands to produce the vehicles to global standards. Commending the government for coming up with a policy for the auto industry, Mr. Anumudu said: “We have made a lot of progress in the new plant. We keyed into the government auto policy, though we were hesitant at the beginning, but we have realized it is the way to the nation’s economic development.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/globe-motors-rolls-vehicles-150m-assembly-plant-next-month/
pls create new thread for this.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by NCP: 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
Yes we are advancing..

at snail pace.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by Lloydfather(m): 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
deomelo:

No be me talk am o...

grin grin grin
sebi for ur Yoruba thread na only pics of offices and Co owned companies u dey post there. U think we don't know ?.we only mind our business not like jobless Yoruba weak ass like u that has post fake and deceit comments that can make up to 100 pages without prove in ur Yoruba topic.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by FKO81(m): 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2017
Guys google this, Igbos are donig great cool cool
Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing, part of a diversified manufacturing group in ... he holds a 55 percent stake of a tire and tube company located in Wuxi, China. However, he described how his attempts to open a tire factory with Chinese JV, from he exports to europe and other Asian countries
Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by FKO81(m): 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
Rimco Mining was founded in 2009 to provide mineral products to Nigeria’s industrialising economy. Production activities are conducted from Daudu in Benue State. Presently Rimco has 34 concessions related to exploration or mining in Nigeria. High quality barite production takes place in Cross River State; Prospecting for barite, lead, zinc, gold and industrial minerals spans the entire country. Further afield in West Africa, primarily in Sierra Leone, Rimco is conducting aerial and stream sediment surveys to prospect for gold, diamonds and other heavy minerals.

various grades of barite are available; some of which are over 90% pure BaSO4 for pharmaceutical use, petroleum upstream use and manufacturing industries.

Barite is a mineral composed of barium sulfate (BaSO4). It receives its name from the Greek word “barys” which means “heavy.” This name is in response

Cadastral Mining Slots
As a premier metals mining company and a global lead producer, The Cadastral Mining Slots manages the various components of the lead lifecycle, and also produces […]

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by raker300: 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2017
FKO81:
Rimco Mining was founded in 2009 to provide mineral products to Nigeria’s industrialising economy. Production activities are conducted from Daudu in Benue State. Presently Rimco has 34 concessions related to exploration or mining in Nigeria. High quality barite production takes place in Cross River State; Prospecting for barite, lead, zinc, gold and industrial minerals spans the entire country. Further afield in West Africa, primarily in Sierra Leone, Rimco is conducting aerial and stream sediment surveys to prospect for gold, diamonds and other heavy minerals.

various grades of barite are available; some of which are over 90% pure BaSO4 for pharmaceutical use, petroleum upstream use and manufacturing industries.

Barite is a mineral composed of barium sulfate (BaSO4). It receives its name from the Greek word “barys” which means “heavy.” This name is in response

Cadastral Mining Slots
As a premier metals mining company and a global lead producer, The Cadastral Mining Slots manages the various components of the lead lifecycle, and also produces […]
this is amazing

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by Deedeedee3: 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2017
[s]
uglyafonja:
I have tried to measure the contribution of Igbos to the development of the Nigerian project and the conclusion I have reached is that Nigeria must do everything possible to get the Igbos to remain within the Nigerian union. They (Igbos) have contributed unprecedentedly to the development of the country in every sector. They are an exceptional nationality, comprising ‘born’ entrepreneurs, industrialists, academics, adventurists, etc. A Nigeria without this set of people and their drive for economic success might be boring and uninteresting.
In terms of their industrial spirit, the Igbo are probably the only nationality that has built several industrial estates across Nigeria. In 199[b]7, an Igbo engineer, Ezekiel Izuogu, produced Nigeria’s first indigenous prototype car in Imo State. [/b]Africa was excited by his ingenuity. However, due to financial constraints and dirty Nigerian politics, the Izuogu Z-600 model could not hit the Nigerian market as a mass produced car. His workshop was later vandalised and his efforts destroyed. The dream died.
Few decades later, another Igbo, Innocent Chukwuma, has launched Innoson cars, making him the first indigenous car producer in and from Nigeria. Anambra and Enugu states alone have over six indigenous estates. By indigenous, I mean industrial estates built by indigenes, and with little or no government support. Nigeria’s first indigenous car is made in one of those estates – in Nnewi precisely.
The industrial estates are hosts to several other indigenous manufacturing companies, including one of the biggest plastic manufacturing plants in Africa.
One would be pleasantly surprised to see what the Igbos are producing in their industrial estates. It will not be wrong to say that Igbos are driving the indigenous manufacturing sector of the Nigerian economy with little or no government support. The first indigenous Nigerian company to produce an internationally certified brand of computers, Zinox, is Igbo, by the name, Stanley Nnamdi Ekeh from Imo State. The Igbos dominate the electronics market and have built a series of ‘computer villages’ across the country. Nigeria’s leading pharmaceutical companies – Emzor, Juhel, Orange, Rico, etc. – are Igbo owned.
Anabel Mobile, the first indigenous Nigerian phone manufacturer, is also Igbo owned. There are several industrial breakthroughs the Igbos have made in Nigeria than I can presently count.
On the level of trade and retail businesses, Igbos are the most successful traders and retailers in Nigeria, and possibly around the world. Across every Nigerian city, they do not only control the major retail markets, but they equally dominate small and medium scale industries, and are synonymous with the description of being ‘importers’.
Their natural inclination towards economic activities has driven them across the globe in search of opportunities. There is hardly a country in the world where you don’t find an Igbo man doing one legitimate or illegitimate form of business. The Igbos have proven to the rest of Nigeria beyond reasonable doubt that they are not lazy people.
In literature, the father of modern African Literature is an Igbo man by the name Chinua Achebe. His work, Things Fall Apart has remained one of Africa’s most read book, which brought international attention to Nigerian literature. Chinua Achebe remains an inspiration to most African writers.
In politics, the Igbo are the only nationality to have successfully executed Nigeria’s first and only political revolution, with the subsequent military coups being merely revenge ploys and schemes for political power.
In 1966, a group of senior Igbo officers forcefully took over power and wiped out a set of corrupt politicians in a bloody putsch. While the Igbos laid the foundation for political revolutions in Nigeria, today they are demanding for an independent nation. The Igbos like to fight for what they believe in and they always do while damning the consequences of this.
The Igbos control a fair share of the oil and gas servicing industry in Nigeria. The biggest indigenous oil servicing contractor in Nigeria today is Igbo-owned. The first indigenous and independently (without any shred of government funding) owned gas power plant was built by an Igbo in Aba – the Geometric Power Limited.
From haulage to logistics, procurement to real estate, finance, sports, entertainment, manufacturing, engineering to medicine, science, etc., the Igbos have been making Nigeria proud, locally and internationally. The Igbos might be arrogant and even exploitative in their quest for profits and expansionism, yet Nigeria can ill-afford to lose them from the union. They technically control the formal and informal sectors of Nigerian economy and they are everywhere making progress, with or without political patronage.
I was surprised to find out sometime last year that Igbos still engage in rural-riverine-onshore trading across the remotest villages of the Niger Delta. In this remote village near the Atlantic ocean in Bayelsa State which is only accessible through water and the air, these entrepreneurial Igbos have designed a floating market. They bring in their goods, dock their big boats once in two weeks, make sales and move to another village along that dangerous terrain – a business idea the indigenes of that area have never considered venturing into. The Igbos are definitely risk takers!
In this community where I have stayed for the past few months in Anambra State, the number of modern houses in this non-industrial, non-commercial small Igbo village is more than I have seen in all the oil communities I have visited in the Niger Delta put together. The Igbos are that successful and they always remember to invest in real estate in their home states.
The Igbo influence in the Roman Catholic Church worldwide is amazing. An Igbo, Cardinal Arinze, was once rumoured to become the first black Pope! The Igbos have a strong affinity with the Roman Catholic church and they have made a mark on the church globally.
Anyone who thinks the Igbos cannot survive as an independent nation might need to have a rethink., and it will be in the interest of Nigeria if they stay.
[/s]
Bull-shit

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by FKO81(m): 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
Another massive investment owned by Igbo man in UK
Clement Onyemelukwe is the Chairman and founder of Colechurch International Ltd

Colechurch International, a project management and project promotion company, was founded in the U.K. in 1976. Our clients have found our extensive experience over decades of operating in third world countries to be an invaluable element in their success.

It takes the best people and best expertise to provide leadership in advancing new project management and promotion solutions in an age of growing technology and increasing capital investment.

Areas of operation

Colechurch operates in four principal areas:

Industry

Infrastructure

Power and Energy

Oil and Gas

Colechurch has specialized in these areas because there are considerable synergies between them. We have used these synergies to grow our expertise and create our uniqueness.

Industry

Colechurch through its project management and its promotion services has since its inception been active in establishing industries in third world countries. The company has the full range of technical expertise required to undertake the planning,design and construction management/ commissioning a wide range of industries both agricultural and manufacturing.

The company's project promotion, arising from our wide project management experience, is the result of our increasing awareness that many third world countries lack the technology, entrepreneurship and finance to develop industrially. Our industrial promotion is intended, instead of just project management, to create projects to be managed with appropriate technologies and packaged into projects and create the appropriate equity ownerships through necessary financing and foreign direct investment partnerships.

Colechurch is in a position and willing to assist with or arrange for external operational management to assist with the initial operation and training because it is our experience that many local industries collapse not long after their establishment due to poor local management.
Infrastructure

Colechurch’s infrastructure portfolio covers a range of activities:

(a) Hotels and leisure industry projects

(b) Shopping malls

(c) Telecoms

(d) Aviation support projects

Each of these activities is in the service sector of the economy and involves increasing application of new information technologies intended to enhance productivity. Colechurch is in a position to promote and finance “build, operate and transfer” (BOT) programs as part of its infrastructure activities.

Colechurch has expertise in these areas to promote training and technology transfer to assist owner-clients in third world to enhance profitability and sustainability.
Power and Energy

The provision of reliable, efficient and cost-effective power and energy continues to be problematic for many third world countries. Many such countries unfortunately look to advanced economy power/energy experts for solving their problems. Power supply design and operation must be adapted to suit local geo-economic needs. When this is not done, power supply becomes expensive and erratic, as in many third world countries.

Equipped with experts in power and energy with varying geo-economic conditions, Colechurch’s project management in power and energy is the best of the crop. Colechurch has experts with experience in thermal, hydro and gas turbine power generation as well as in power transmission and distribution. Colechurch is increasingly taking up positions in alternative renewable energy and working with equipment makers in these fields in many countries to develop renewable energy in solar and wind systems in many coutries that lack traditional energy resources. Colechurch is currently promoting a bio gas power generation based on sand fill in a major west African country.
Oil and Gas

Colechurch's over a quarter of a century old project management in oil and gas, emphasizes cost effectiveness, efficient completion and technology transfer to local personnel. With the extensive range of synergies existing between Colechurch's various technical activities, Colechurch's oil and gas project management is wide and diverse embracing upstream (onshore/offshore) services and downstream project management as well as increasing wide range of chemical activities in a growing range of gas technologies to assist set up a wide and diverse industrial chemical activities (petrolchemicals/fertilizers) as seen in our list of projects undertaken over the years.

Colechurch is combining its industrial project promotion expertise and its oil/gas project management expertise in a new program to assist oil/gas producing third world countries resources to set up industries manufacturing products that are used by the oil/gas industry thus increasing local content in manufacturing and reduction in import dependence. Colechurch, for example, is promoting two oil/gas pipe electrical resistance welding (ERW) and spiral welding pipe mills in Nigeria to supply oil/gas pipes to oil/gas companies in West African oil/gas producing countries. This will help West African economic community serve large foreign exchange in importation of pipes needed to create the required regional gas infrastructure and to provide electricity.

New York time reported his daughter's wedding
http://www.nytimes.com/1992/08/30/style/weddings-ms-onyemelukwe-mr-garner.html

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by FKO81(m): 9:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
US company Environmental Remediation Holding Corporation (ERHC) owned by the Nigerian businessman Sir Emeka Offor.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by SonofDevil: 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
Meanwhile IGBOS WHERE RE THE 70% INDUSTRIES IN LAGOS

80% COMPANIES IN ABUJA

73% REAL ESTATES COMPANIES IN KANO

75% INDUSTRIES IN DELTA

70% INDUSTRIES IN RIVERS STATE

NIGERIANS RE WAITING TO SEE PICTURES OF ALL THE 44 TRILLION NAIRA INVESTMENT IN NORTH

THE 59 TRILLION NAIRA INVESTMENT IN SOUTH WEST

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by FKO81(m): 9:48pm On Jul 24, 2017
Life vegetable oil owned by Chicason group is produced from non genetically modified seeds and is high in monounsaturated fats. It contains an anti-foaming agent which makes it safe for use in fryers and has a high smoke point making it a versatile oil perfect for both deep and shallow frying. It can also be used in salad dressings, mayonnaise and its neutral taste means it won’t overpower delicate flavours.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by truereligion999: 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2017
Most people are where they are today because they do not have the courage to do what their mates do to be wealthy. Knowledge is wealth, Be wise The Great Indian Temple Of Riches do not take life to grant wealth or any wish of mankind. Many you see today in big houses, cars, Politics, Big businesses are all made what they are today by TRUE RELIGION. Seek from us with your material sacrifice and you will be happy and wealthy forever. We can help you solve any thing that is bothering you in life...

The spells that we do involve healing, love, harmony, wealth, wisdom, prosperity, elevation in any positions and creativity. Instant Invocation Of Money. The potions that we stir might be a headache remedy, a cold tonic, money spell, friendship oil, love casts, or an herbal flea bath for our pets. We strive to gain knowledge and use the natural remedies to solve all earthly problems.

I conjure, invoke, summon, predict, and heal whatever sickness without mistakes or repetitions. I also render divine advise in Business or any area that is of your interest that is confusing you.

Contact us on: +2348025370154,WhatsApp us on same number or Email us on truereligion0999@gmail.com.....

TRUE RELIGION INNER TEMPLE is here to help everybody no matter how your situation may be, once you call on us we will stand for you and fight for you, we have helped a lot of people from all over the world. Places like Ghana. Nigeria.south Africa and lots more, any one who has problem and keep to his or her self should be ready to face death and poverty forever and anyone who has problem and call on us should be ready to enjoy life in abundance and be free forever we don't stain our selves with blood but we use natural materials and animals to perform our sacrifices and not with human blood. Before the cold water will boil it will go through heat and before the gold will glitter it will go through fire and also before you can bend iron it will go through heat.

No matter how the condition is to you just choose to be part of us and enjoy life eternaly. Come and be free for ever......

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (157) (Reply)

Edo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / 2019 Presidential Election Results Announcement By Mahmood Yakubu, INEC (Part 2) / 2019 Presidential Election Results (Unofficial, Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.