Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,167 members, 7,835,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This (856 Views)

Can You Crack This Code? / Wonderful Riddle For The Smart Ones- Come In And Crack This Code / Maths Gurus Come In And Crack This Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This by finnestdope(m): 10:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
QUESTION:
If everybody at a party shook hands with each other and there was a total of 66 handshakes. How many people attended the party?

A. 11
B. 132.
C. 33
D. 12
Re: Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This by VictorJoshua(m): 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
finnestdope:
QUESTION:
If everybody at a party shook hands with each other and there was a total of 66 handshakes. How many people attended the party?

A. 11
B. 132.
C. 33
D. 12
OP, I guess the answer is none of the above.Reason~let's Check Whether A Is D Ansa. Each Person Among D 11 Persons Will Shake Hands Wit 10 To Fulfill D Ques' Statement. So 11 People Will Hav A Total Number Of 110 Hand Shakes(above D Ques' Total). Oda Options Are Higher So D Outcome Will Be Higher.
Re: Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 17, 2017
I think the answer is D (12 people).

nC2=66 , n!/((n-2)!2!) =66 ,

solving for n we get n(n-1)(n-2)!/((n-2)!2!)=66 which implies n(n-1)=132, which when you solve you arrive at 12 as the only positive value. So the answer is 12 people attended the party.

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:28am On Jul 17, 2017
There was 12 people at the party.

VictorJoshua:
OP, I guess the answer is none of the above.Reason~let's Check Whether A Is D Ansa. Each Person Among D 11 Persons Will Shake Hands Wit 10 To Fulfill D Ques' Statement. So 11 People Will Hav A Total Number Of 110 Hand Shakes(above D Ques' Total). Oda Options Are Higher So D Outcome Will Be Higher.

Imagine you were in a room with 11people (total 12 people). So you shake everybody's hand (11 handshakes) and leave the room, so now there is 11people in the room, and next person shakes everybody's hand (10 handshakes) and leave the room etc until the last 2 shake hands.
1st person would shake hand with 11 people, 2nd with 10, 3rd with 9, 4th with 8 etc

So the right answer is the total of 11+10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This by finnestdope(m): 5:29am On Jul 17, 2017
More participants needed
Re: Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This by VictorJoshua(m): 8:20am On Jul 17, 2017
Mr.BrownJay1, 12 people Is NOT The Right Answer.You R Missing Something(when I'm Having A Hand Shake Wit U,you Are At The Same Time Doing Same With Me) So,if We're 12 People In A Room,and Like U Said I Had A Hand Shake Wit 11 Others,do U Know That Each Of That 11 Persons Hav Had A Hand Shake Too?
Re: Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This by finnestdope(m): 12:21pm On Jul 17, 2017
VictorJoshua:
Mr.BrownJay1, 12 people Is NOT The Right Answer.You R Missing Something(when I'm Having A Hand Shake Wit U,you Are At The Same Time Doing Same With Me) So,if We're 12 People In A Room,and Like U Said I Had A Hand Shake Wit 11 Others,do U Know That Each Of That 11 Persons Hav Had A Hand Shake Too?

So what answer are u giving us?�
Re: Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This by VictorJoshua(m): 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2017
finnestdope:

So what answer are u giving us?�
None Of The Above
Re: Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This by finnestdope(m): 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2017
VictorJoshua:
None Of The Above

Ok bro, but unfortunately the answer is there
Re: Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This by centitan(m): 8:41pm On Jul 17, 2017
answer =11 handshakes that's d answer and u know it explanation coming later
Re: Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:28am On Jul 18, 2017
VictorJoshua:

Why you wanna confuse your own self.... Take it ONE step at a time. A HANDSHAKE is between 2 people.

12 people in a room, then 1 person shakes everybody's hand (11 handshakes) and leave... And so forth. You will have exactly 66 handshakes before the last person leaves. That is the safest way to make sure everyone shakes hands with everybody. Now, if you think another way is easier then pls do tell us.

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser; Gurus Get In And Crack This by finnestdope(m): 4:45am On Jul 18, 2017
centitan:
answer =11 handshakes that's d answer and u know it
explanation coming later

Till u explain, we re waiting

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi-uku (DSPG) 2017/2018 HND Form Is Out / ASUU Could Have Save Her Life / How Do I Manage/stop Stammering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.