Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

I'm New! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I'm New! (889 Views)

nadine - Hi, I'm new / Scorpio - I'm New / natasha - I'm new to this forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm New! by KekereEkun(m): 3:42am On Feb 07, 2007
Hey! I am new to the site. trying to find out as much about Nigeria as possible. I am hoping to visit in June. it seems that Uncle sam is putting up roadblocks though. I can only hope, embarassed
Re: I'm New! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:43am On Feb 07, 2007
Hi welcome to NL Kekere. Ae you a Nigerian?
Re: I'm New! by ZuluNation(m): 3:44am On Feb 07, 2007
What kind of roadblock is uncle Sam putting up if you don't mind me asking.
Re: I'm New! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:45am On Feb 07, 2007
Kai, Zulu you dont even know how to welcome people no more
Re: I'm New! by KekereEkun(m): 3:46am On Feb 07, 2007
Thanks josBoy. no i am not Nigerian. jamaican, living in U.S for past 28 years.
Re: I'm New! by ZuluNation(m): 3:47am On Feb 07, 2007
jboy abeg no vex sad

Kekere you are so welcome to NL.
Re: I'm New! by KekereEkun(m): 3:48am On Feb 07, 2007
Every time i try to book a flight i get a message that there is a travel advisory. No can do! embarassed
Re: I'm New! by KekereEkun(m): 3:51am On Feb 07, 2007
Thanks for the welcome, Zulu! smiley
Re: I'm New! by ZuluNation(m): 3:51am On Feb 07, 2007
I'm sure you gone get a lot of travel advisories from the State Dept, that don't mean you can't travel to Nigeria. I'm sure if you check with a traveling agent you can get you a ticket.
Re: I'm New! by KekereEkun(m): 3:53am On Feb 07, 2007
I don't plan to give up. I still have some time before June!
Re: I'm New! by ZuluNation(m): 4:00am On Feb 07, 2007
Check out asap ticket service, the have pretty good deals to Nigeria right about now.
Re: I'm New! by KekereEkun(m): 4:24am On Feb 07, 2007
Thanks for the tip. Will check it out.
Re: I'm New! by 1star4ever(m): 4:26am On Feb 07, 2007
cool
Hi every one, I am back.
Re: I'm New! by KekereEkun(m): 4:28am On Feb 07, 2007
Found this on ASAP! sad sad

ASAP Ticket Fraud

I saw an Ad by ASAP ticket advertising low aifaire to any part of Africa and Europe.I called cthem on 02/17/06 to put in a reservation for a flight for 04/29/06 the agent asked for payment of $1346.92 for the fligh to Lagos,Nigeria which I made on my ATM credit card immediatelly.Unfortunately for me on Sunday 02/19/06 I got a message that my mother that I was going to visit died,I tried to Call ASAP Ticket on that Sunday and the following Monday but they were closed.I was able to get to them on Tuesday 02/19/06 to cancell my reservation. Immediately they hear cancell the agent was rude,unproffesional and told me that I will need A death certificate for the airline British Airways to cancell evethough my reservation has not been ticketed as the time,neither have I received a flight itinerary.Iwas able to get the death certificate sent to me by my family,ASAP ticket agent told me to fax it to them which I did.Iwas shocked to hear from the agent later that the ticket is non refundable,nothing like the refund policy was mention to me and the story now changed from needing a death certificate to no refund period.I contacted the airline British Airways and they told me they have nothing to do about that and that the ticketing agent never contacted them.I sent ASAP Ticket an email which they refuse to reply.Please help what can i do to get my money back from this Scaming ticket agent.You can rech me at amb2amby @yahoo.com
Re: I'm New! by ZuluNation(m): 4:35am On Feb 07, 2007
I'm sorry to hear about your mom, I can only imagine what you went through. Most low fare tickets are non-refundable I guess that price you pay when you go cheap.
Re: I'm New! by KekereEkun(m): 4:38am On Feb 07, 2007
That was not me!! shocked shocked

I found that article when I Googled ASAP. I don't give up my money unless I do background checks. i couldn't help but feel sorry for that poor individual.
Re: I'm New! by ZuluNation(m): 4:42am On Feb 07, 2007
Thank God it was not you then. You doing the right thing by getting more information before paying on a ticket, Like I said previously always remember that most of the GOOD deal on tickets are non- refundable
Re: I'm New! by cuteass1(f): 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2007
Dear welcome to nairaland and Nigeria as well whenever you finally get the opportunity to travel, Naija is the BEST, no doubt about that wink
Re: I'm New! by Belinice(f): 5:12pm On Feb 07, 2007
Hello , you are welcome to nairaland.
Re: I'm New! by LoverBwoy(m): 7:07pm On Feb 07, 2007
welcome

as a jamaican where did you get: kekere ekun? wink
Re: I'm New! by KekereEkun(m): 11:57pm On Feb 07, 2007
It's the rough translation of my Jamaican name given to me by a very special Nigerian princess. wink lipsrsealed
Re: I'm New! by KekereEkun(m): 8:31pm On Feb 10, 2007
Looks like things may work out after all. i have a friend in D.C. who has offered to help. I am so-oooo-oo happy! grin

(1) (Reply)

Seun: Please Create A Long Username For Me / Let Love Lead In Nairaland / Why Why Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.