Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,267 members, 7,836,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Nigeria Can Endorse Unity....prof Wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Can Endorse Unity....prof Wole Soyinka (378 Views)

Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians / Ambode Faces Impeachment As 57 LG Chairmen Endorse Jide Sanwoolu For Governor / Osinbajo Visits Prof. Wole Soyinka (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Can Endorse Unity....prof Wole Soyinka by EmperorWilson: 6:21am On Jul 17, 2017
Prof Wole Soyinka, A Nobel Laureate, faulted the arguments of some certain Nigerians on the sacrosanct nature of the country’s unity, insisting that the unity of Nigeria is negotiable.
Soyinka, who stated this in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State on Friday, disagreed with those opposed to restructuring.

He added that though he was not in support of the country breaking up, the people have the right to negotiate their future.

He said, “theres need to stop confusing and mixing up the argument, we are mixing up the argument. It is very unfortunate for our leaders to say that the question of breaking up or not breaking up should not have arisen in the first place.

“It all sounds hypocritical, dogmatic and dictatorial. The statement is the unity of Nigeria is non-negotiable, now that to me, is a false.

“Anything is negotiable, the right for people to determine their future is what is non-negotiable. Most nations came to being through negotiation.

“Sometimes, when people say negotiate, what they really mean is restructuring. What the question should be: should Nigeria break up? My answer to that is no, but please don’t tell me that Nigeria, as it stands is non-negotiable. For me, this is a fallacy.
http://emperorupdates..nl/2017/07/nigeria-can-endorse-unity-prof-wole.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Endorse Unity....prof Wole Soyinka by Skyfornia(m): 6:36am On Jul 17, 2017
I blame the youth.... We are our own problem, infact we don't know what we actually want. I read on a certain site where Nollywood actor Yul Edochie governorship aspiration was discussed. And lots of youths were condemning the young man for indicating interest in governing Anambra state... Their reason is that he is too young and inexperienced to become a governor. Imagine!? This are the same people shouting that our leaders are the same old recycled politicians...smh.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Seed Can't Grow When It's Still Alive, APC Death 2019 - Fayose / PHOTO: Electoral Officials Sleep At Polling Unit / Ex President Jonathan's Son In-law Thanks God After Surviving An Assassination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.